Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers

Go down 
+22
Big Full Back
steviegenius
micky murphy
Flamingo
jimmers
Highball
Taibi
kickingking
murof
White Bridge
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
bigball
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Rex
lilysavage
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
Ogie
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Empty
PostSubject: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 8:57 am

All,

A blatant plug.  As some of you may know I have a little website kildaregaa365.
I've been gradually adding statistical records, primarily for the Senior Footballers and the site now has:
- Every result from 1980 to date (O'Byrne Cup, League, Championship, Centenary Cup!) - link
- Full Line-Ups & Scorers match by match, season by season from 2010 to 2016 inclusive. Adding more years gradually as I go. link
- Full Player Records (summary by year of competitive appearances and scorers for each player). link

I've even added Whiteknight's report on the Rossie match (with his permission!) here.

If anyone is interested in taking a walk down memory lane from time to time go have a look.  You can also get site news by following on Twitter  @kildaregaa365

End of plug. Back to debating where the hell we're going to find some forwards...
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 9:07 am

Brilliant stuff - will be having a peak...
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 9:46 pm

An invaluable resource. Well done.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 10:33 am

Cheers Ogie. Question for you : where do you journos generally get that sort of player appearance / scoring data? Is there something somewhere you use? Or does each journo or even media outlet have their own data somewhere? I presume RTE must have as Ger Canning is for ever saying such and such is playing is umpeenth "championship match", when he's not "looking for latitude".
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:47 pm

You put it together yourself usually Crofter, don't know about RTE but of all sports GAA is a wasteland for that sort of stuff, sure you can't even get results from the 1980s without work. Speak to people in other sports who cover it and they say it must have been like that for soccer journalists and stuff in the 1970s. Amazing GAA have never taken the time to put together a proper online database for everyone. Great work by the way.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Thanks Tommy. Even the soccer journos in the '70s had the Rothmans Yearbook (precursor to the Sky Sports Yearbook).

Closest GAA world has is Brian Carthy's Championship book which serves a purpose but is very basic and merely gives you an altenative reference (to newspaper archive subscriptions) for summer line-ups / scorers.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 5:04 am

Fantastic work Crofter. Are you planning on adding more historical data? I would love to see Micko's stats in comparison to his counterparts.

Also would be great to see players league appearances too. And the championship split up into qualifier and non-qualifier games.

I'll give you a week Smile

But seriously, well done!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 7:36 am

lily4fr wrote:
Fantastic work Crofter. Are you planning on adding more historical data? I would love to see Micko's stats in comparison to his counterparts.

Also would be great to see players league appearances too. And the championship split up into qualifier and non-qualifier games.

I'll give you a week Smile

But seriously, well done!

Thanks a week should do it.
Next priorities with the site are:
- adding line-ups and scorers for earlier years than 2010. I have a lot of it, just need to get it in format. Would like to get to the point quickly where the Player Records section has the full career record of every current player, which means I need to go back to when Leper started playing.
- completing the Results section back to the start of the GAA - again I think I have all the results just need to upload them.
- starting to add Minor, Junior and Under-21 results
- add Club results (Historical finals and going forward the adult club championship results).
- Hurling is something I feel bad about as I am putting that a bit to the back burner in terms of history. I've been recording results and scorers since last year but not line-ups or any historicals. Football is just my first love like so many in Kildare but I will see what I can do at some point on that.

Regarding player League records those are already included in the Player Records for 2010 to 2016 and will continue to be included as I go back further. See http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/player-records/senior-football-player-records/ for the current table.

I won't be trying to split Leinster and the All Ireland qualifiers -- to me once it's championship it's championship and the list above are higher priorities.

Open to any other suggestions of course.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 10:37 am

Great work, well done.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 11:08 am

Unbelievable effort, fair dues.

With this new Kildare website we are all waiting in anticipation it would be great if they carried a link to your site.

Great work anyway.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Thanks Rex.

I did request the PRO to add a link to the website when it is upgraded but no response unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Crofter wrote:
Cheers Ogie. Question for you : where do you journos generally get that sort of player appearance / scoring data? Is there something somewhere you use?  Or does each journo or even media outlet have their own data somewhere?  I presume RTE must have as Ger Canning is for ever saying such and such is playing is umpeenth "championship match", when he's not "looking for latitude".

There. Is. Nothing. For Kildare, I used Joe Woods a long time, and then Ger McNally. People just compiling it themselves.

There is a guy called Leo McGough who has everything for hurling - just went to the National Library and compiled it all manually. GAA more or less wanted him to hand it over. It's unbelievable that there isn't a national database - sorry, it's unbelievable that the GAA wouldn't establish a national database and pay someone to compile it. It's only the history of the thing.

Some have set up websites before but they didn't last - because people were doing it as a hobby and it's hard to keep going when it takes up so much time and does nothing but cost you.

So well done, and best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 2:00 am

I think it's missing a game! My recollection of the first game after "Drogheda-gate" in 91 was that it was a home league match against Kerry, which we won. I remember Niall Buckley made his senior debut and had a terrible haircut - blonde highlights!

Anyway... how did you compile it Crofter? Did you raid the archives of the local papers?
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 2:02 am

Great work. Well done
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 2:25 am

Good job.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 2:59 am

Crofter wrote:
Thanks Rex.

I did request the PRO to add a link to the website when it is upgraded but no response unfortunately.

That's a shame, surprised there was no reply from the new Pro. She seemed to be well on top of things.

Hopefully you get word back.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Have you tried to get it noticed through facebook?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 5:32 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I think it's missing a game! My recollection of the first game after "Drogheda-gate" in 91 was that it was a home league match against Kerry, which we won. I remember Niall Buckley made his senior debut and had a terrible haircut - blonde highlights!

Anyway... how did you compile it Crofter? Did you raid the archives of the local papers?

Great catch HG - yes there was a glitch alight and I've now corrected that. We did indeed start against Kerry that season and won by 1-14 to 1-7. I was including in a challenge win over Cork that same season as a league match which gave me the right number of games so I thought all was good.

How do I compile it? -- I subscribe to https://www.irishnewsarchive.com/ which gives you access to all the National papers and a lot of the provincial ones going back to the year dot. Not cheap but a fabulous archive. They've just recently added back additions of the Nationalist which opens up a whole new area of research for me. To access the Leader I have to go to the microfiche section in the National Library so to have the Nationalist now online is a huge advance.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 5:33 am

bigball wrote:
Have you tried to get it noticed through facebook?

I'm on Twitter as @kildaregaa365 but always resisted Facebook. Might go on there at some point.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 5:50 am

Great page crofter
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 7:12 am

Crofter wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Great catch HG - yes there was a glitch alight and I've now corrected that. We did indeed start against Kerry that season and won by 1-14 to 1-7. I was including in a challenge win over Cork that same season as a league match which gave me the right number of games so I thought all was good.

How do I compile it?  -- I subscribe to https://www.irishnewsarchive.com/ which gives you access to all the National papers and a lot of the provincial ones going back to the year dot. Not cheap but a fabulous archive. They've just recently added back additions of the Nationalist which opens up a whole new area of research for me. To access the Leader I have to go to the microfiche section in the National Library so to have the Nationalist now online is a huge advance.

Interesting - I've been thinking recently I'd like to raid the local newspaper archives for evidence of my youthful sporting exploits, which I wish I'd kept. Must be some archive in National Library if they have provincial papers plus nationals... Maybe some day I'll do it!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 10:26 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Crofter wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

How do I compile it?  -- I subscribe to https://www.irishnewsarchive.com/ which gives you access to all the National papers and a lot of the provincial ones going back to the year dot. Not cheap but a fabulous archive. They've just recently added back additions of the Nationalist which opens up a whole new area of research for me. To access the Leader I have to go to the microfiche section in the National Library so to have the Nationalist now online is a huge advance.

Interesting - I've been thinking recently I'd like to raid the local newspaper archives for evidence of my youthful sporting exploits, which I wish I'd kept. Must be some archive in National Library if they have provincial papers plus nationals... Maybe some day I'll do it!

Good question - could be wrong but don't think they keep local papers in National Library. Papers in question would surely have them though.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 5:30 am

You can get the Leader in the National Library alright Tommy but it's on microfiche and you have to request each 6 month period separately so it's as very long-winded exercise.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 9:40 pm

You'd get local papers in county libraries alright - the National Library is worth the visit though. Could spend a month inside in it and you'd only be getting started.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 9:13 am

Some of your stuff shared on Facebook, managers records
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next