Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers

Go down 
+22
Big Full Back
steviegenius
micky murphy
Flamingo
jimmers
Highball
Taibi
kickingking
murof
White Bridge
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
bigball
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Rex
lilysavage
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
Ogie
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 12:58 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Thank you Highball.

Re the Season Ticket they've put it up to €120 for Div 1 and Div 2 counties - nice!  Only a 21% increase.

I presume the €21 premium is in return for the privilege of being able to watch the Dubs close up.

It's becoming borderline as to whether it's now of any value when compared to paying in match-by-match (unless they're increasing match day prices also). Sneakily they won't tell you what the match-day prices are so you can't compare ! What a way to treat the more loyal customer.
increases could of extra matches in super 8
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 1:03 am

You don't get free access to those. Just €5 off as with a normal quarter final or any championship game after the first one. Two extra €5's off doesn't warrant a €21 increase.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 1:18 am

Leaving season pass issues aside for a moment 365 that is a wonderful recount of the season!

I'm bolloxed after reading it and I think I went through all the emotions from the highs of Tullamore to the lows of Croker reading it. Like you I was exiled for the Armagh debacle - a bit closer to home than you in the form of a campsite in Tuscany but I will probably never subscribe to GAAgo again such was the miserable experience. How I wasn't ejected from the site as the bemused continental holidaymakers retreated in trepidation from the paved area myself and junior had occupied for the evening!!

Thanks for sharing it! Wink
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 1:56 am

Thought the GAAGO service was excellent and reasonably priced to be fair.

A godsend. Or not on this occasion but it could have been!

Seriously it took me about 5 attempts to summon up the appetite for that article but 3 months seems long enough to stew! Onwards and upwards.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 2:18 am

Just to clarify 365 - GAAgo is excellent..........however my memories of my first use of it will always be associated with Armagh! Not good
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 2:34 am

Got it - agreed!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 6:40 am

Great read, well done 365. Described the season perfectly. Would you consider doing a podcast now and again. Other Counties have them.

I missed the Armagh game myself. I had a wedding down the Country. It's not easy sitting at the dinner table, fork in one hand phone under the table in the other. Squirming as each of the scores come through and your biting your lip for fear of letting a loud "fuck sake" out of you.

Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 9:14 am

Rex wrote:
Great read, well done 365. Described  the season  perfectly. Would you consider doing  a podcast now and again. Other Counties have them.

I missed  the Armagh game myself.  I had a wedding  down the Country. It's not easy sitting at the dinner table, fork in one hand phone under the table in the other. Squirming as each of the scores come through and your biting your lip for fear of letting a loud "fuck sake" out of you.

Keep  up the good work.

Don't think that podcasting would be my forté Rex. I've a voice for writing! I'll leave that to the dulcet tones of Mr McNally & Co.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Surprised not said before but one of our top ref's sending 10 lads off in a game shows a total lack of understanding and control of a situations, ref's are supposed to facilitate football matches and the best ref's in my opinion are seen and not heard, when we were younger I remember some of the best ref's coming into the dressing rooms before games and saying things like look lads im here to ref a game I want not acting the xxxxx, no talking back to me, throw a punch and ur off and no dragging jerseys etc. setting out their stall that never happens now, we know the names of too many ref's now and don't understand how they are going to ref a game.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Surprised not said before but one of our top ref's sending 10 lads off in a game shows a total lack of understanding and control of a situations, ref's are supposed to facilitate football matches and the best ref's in my opinion are seen and not heard, when we were younger I remember some of the best ref's coming into the dressing rooms before games and saying things like look lads im here to ref a game I want not acting the xxxxx, no talking back to me, throw a punch and ur off and no dragging jerseys etc. setting out their stall that never happens now, we know the names of too many ref's now and don't understand how they are going to ref a game.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Ive seen some of the clips from that match and what i have heard it was one of the dirtiest match seen and he was right to send off ten and the teams were lucky it was only ten so no blame on the Ref here.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 9:55 pm

steviegenius wrote:
Ive seen some of the clips from that match and what i have heard it was one of the dirtiest match seen and he was right to send off ten and the teams were lucky it was only ten so no blame on the Ref here.
was told same.other 4 could have sent off
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 1:58 am

I’d say Ballyragget would love if it was ten of their own that was sent off after what’s happened down there.... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 am

Big Full Back wrote:
I’d say Ballyragget would love if it was ten of their own that was sent off after what’s happened down there.... lol! lol!

Any truth in the rumour that the Chicken Ranch is re-opening in Milltown for their visit to Newbridge next weekend. Question
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 9:59 pm

A long shot this but there might be some old stagers on here with good memories:

In March 1980 (yes I know..) Kildare played Wexford in the O'Byrne Cup and because of a clash with a challenge game they fielded the under-21 team in the O'B Cup. On that team were a number of players I'm trying to identify ie. first names / club:

7. R. Hurley ( or possibly H.Hurley - the newspaper copy I have is not great)
10. S. Kennedy
12. S. Moore
14. T. Murray (Moorefield I'm pretty sure)

Any help with identifying first names and clubs of these would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 1:57 am

Labour of love man, fair play - surely there'll be people that will know.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:34 am

Found Sean Moore (Maynooth) and Tommy Murray (Moore’s) thanks to help on Twitter

Two to go..

The power of the internet, eh.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 11:22 am

Player records and match by match line ups and scorers now available from October 1977 to date now.
http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/player-records/senior-football-player-records/
http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/line-ups-scorers/

That’s the full period I’ve been watching the Lilies play championship although my first league game was 1976.

By God the ‘80s were grim reading through some of the match reports during my research..

Also every senior result with scorers since 1956 available on the site.

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/results-2/kildare-senior-football-match-results/
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 9:35 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
A long shot this but there might be some old stagers on here with good memories:

In March 1980 (yes I know..)  Kildare played Wexford in the O'Byrne Cup and because of a clash with a challenge game they fielded the under-21 team in the O'B Cup.  On that team were a number of players I'm trying to identify ie. first names / club:

7. R. Hurley ( or possibly H.Hurley - the newspaper copy I have is not great)
10. S. Kennedy
12. S. Moore
14. T. Murray (Moorefield I'm pretty sure)

Any help with identifying first names and clubs of these would be appreciated.

Amazingly the son of an S.Kennedy contacted me coincidentally looking for some info about his dad who played one game for Kildare in 1980. Looks like I’ve found my man. Still searching for R.Hurley though..
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 6:19 pm

That's gas... who was he? What club?

Start cold-calling lads that played around that time I guess, even on the club scene
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 5:27 am

Can't divulge that one for definite yet Ogie as sources need to be fully corroborated :-)

Last edited by kildaregaa365 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:59 pm

True pro
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 12:54 am

Ogie wrote:
That's gas... who was he? What club?

Start cold-calling lads that played around that time I guess, even on the club scene

He was John “Sheriff” Kennedy from Rathangan. Scored a goal in that game.

Still searching for “R.Hurley”.. could be a misprint in the paper of course. Played wing back on the day in question. Only player I haven’t been able to identify over last 40 years of games.

Last edited by kildaregaa365 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 4:56 am

Sheriff Kennedy played for Rathangan for years
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 12:46 pm

Would "Hurley" by any chance be a JTB player who excelled for an Offaly Vocational schools team and is father of Padraig, Sean & Siobhan ? Did a few brothers play for JTB ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next