Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers

Go down 
+22
Big Full Back
steviegenius
micky murphy
Flamingo
jimmers
Highball
Taibi
kickingking
murof
White Bridge
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
bigball
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Rex
lilysavage
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
Ogie
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 9:22 am

The feeling after those last 2 Kevin Cassidy points in a match where we left everything on the pitch will scarcely be repeated. Hearing Joe Brolly talking shite about how we bottled it afterwards made it worse. Disallowed goal not mentioned that puts us 6 up in a game where a point was hard got let alone 6 of them. Was despondent leaving Croker after Wicklow in 08. We hadn't experienced any Geezer qualifier runs before then and I just thought it was the pits - the manner of the defeat. We were soundly beaten and the future looked bleak. The Leinster final defeat in 09 was one we left behind. A point and a man up at half time and at stages we were queuing up to kick points but lost our way in 2nd half.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 9:35 am

jimmers wrote:
kildaregaa365 wrote:
I would argue '98 and 2000 made it all worthwhile Highball, not to mention our future All Irelands.

p.s. have changed my username from Crofter to kildaregaa365  -- branding don't you know.. Laughing

And you have an acolyte posting on the U21 thread already I see!

The two events were not un-related...
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 10:18 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
jimmers wrote:
kildaregaa365 wrote:
I would argue '98 and 2000 made it all worthwhile Highball, not to mention our future All Irelands.

p.s. have changed my username from Crofter to kildaregaa365  -- branding don't you know.. Laughing

And you have an acolyte posting on the U21 thread already I see!

The two events were not un-related...

Laughing
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 9:03 am

Now have over 50 years of results & scorers on the site (1965 to date):

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/results-2/kildare-senior-football-match-results/

And penned Part 1 of an article about the years immediately after the 1965 under 21 All Ireland and the many near misses and let downs of that Golden Generation.

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/golden-generations-dream-turns-to-nightmare-kildares-wasted-years-65-78-part-1/

Last edited by kildaregaa365 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 9:04 am

Some body of work. Fair play. Exceptional.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 10:43 am

A labour of love Tommy.

That or pure madness.

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Genuinely mean that. It's spectacular. As a journalist I'm in awe - where did you get that information; as a Kildare fan it's fascinating if often depressing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 7:36 pm

Combination of newspaper archive subscriptions, my Dad's memory banks and what I've read myself. For the stats themselves I painstakingly go through the old papers to build it up.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Great read, I knew they had a few near misses and a few no shows in that period bit having seen it in black and white I understand why the Father stopped going back in the day
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Have now added all Line Ups / Scorers match by match for 2003, 2004 and 2005:

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/line-ups-scorers/

Full Player Records available 2003 to 2017 now:

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/player-records/senior-football-player-records/
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 6:11 am

Blatant plug but I've added Line Ups and Scorers for 2000/1 and 2001/2 seasons now.
Player Records for 2000/1 up to and including the win over Laois last week in there as well.
Working on the rest of Micko's second coming now.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 5:31 am

Fair play on all this. I still can#t fathom how the likes of yourself and Weeshie Fogarty are needed to be compiling this.
Everyone is going mad for stats, but player profiles, etc and other info are hard to find, if not impossible on official channels.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 7:21 am

Thanks Flamingo.
Many people have their own versions of stats covering various different years and counties. And maybe we all keep them to ourselves as "maybe we'll get a book out of it". I take great enjoyment putting the stats together myself, doing the odd article or match report, and if even 5 or 6 people enjoy the site it's enough for me. What I'd really like to see is the GAA put a project together themselves perhaps with the help of some stattos like me and do something centrally once and for all. My IT skills are relatively limited and that limits what I can do beyond the 365 site. Indeed I'm waiting for the day when the tables on that start crashing the site as I'm just using a Table add in for Wordpress. Not sure if that's very scaleable. Anyway it's more than I had available to people a year ago so happy enough with the progress.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Wonderful stats and analysis 365, believe me its much appreciated by those of us interested.

And your match reports are so well thought out rather than just an explanation of the match and scores. Excellent. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 6:46 pm

It's great stuff and fair play. Leo McGough has every stat from the beginning of time in hurling, for all counties, does a lot of match programmes, used to do a slot in the Sindo, I think the Sunday Times now. The GAA tried to get it off him on the cheap - a lifetime's work. Unreal.

I can google any soccer, basketball, Aussie Rules, cricket player, motor racing driver, golfer, and get every stat under the sun. But I can't for a footballer or hurler. It is only people like you, Ger McNally is another who keeps the Kildare stats for scoring, appearances, Joe Woods was my go-to man in my Nationalist days. But like you, it's people with a passion, doing it from interest. That the GAA, nationally and domestically, doesn't have a resource is disgraceful and a dereliction of duty. When I was a kid, I knew the pen pics of every Cork hurler, his job, his age and so on. It's promotional and informative.

So again, fair play, fantastic to have some place to just go and look.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks for the kind words all. Good to know people get some use/pleasure out of it.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 8:21 am

Added the 1998/99 and 99/2000 seasons now.

That means full career of Johnny and Roli captured now.

Johnny Doyle:

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 DEuYSDAXkAA7ZdQ
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 9:32 am

Brilliant stuff 365.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 8:44 am

11 (ELEVEN) more years of Match and Player records now added (Oct 1987 to Sep 1998) to the site. We've got every line-up for the last 30 years now at senior level and full player records for that same period which means we're now covering the full career records of the likes of Anthony Rainbow, Glen Ryan, John Doyle, Dermot Earley, Niall Buckley, Willie McCreery, Christy Byrne, Martin Lynch, Johnny McDonald. I'll try to put some summary stats together (top appearances, top scorers etc) over the coming short while.

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/we-are-growing-now-30-years-of-player-records-available/

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 3:15 am

Some stats correlating the clubs producing county players and their county title wins over the last 30 years..

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/kildares-top-clubs-of-the-last-30-years/

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Top_cl10
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Hurling results and all scorers back to 2005 added with many thanks to @CillDaraTimes who provided 99% of the content.

(Hurling is that game with the stick yokes for the uninitiated)

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/with-a-little-help-from-my-friends-hurling-results-and-scorers-updated-2005-to-date/

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 6:22 pm

All football results & scorers from the 1956 to 1964 period now added. 62 years record of (mainly) abject misery now here. Goes back to our previous Leinster Final win before ending the famine in '98.

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/results-2/kildare-senior-football-match-results/
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 11:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 12:33 am

No editor needed 365 - A wonderful recap of the year and I find myself nodding in agreement at pretty much everything you put down.

Fair play to you on all this, your research and dedication to it all are admirable and the highest compliment I can pay you is the amount of people I refer to your work.

Well done

PS - Season ticket for 2018 looks a no brainer with the fixture listing. I had opted out in 2017 as I couldn't stomach another season of div 2 - At €99 it really is only value if you get to 5+ league games. Used to be €75 o €80 I think and It was a great deal for supporters. They have moved it to the €99 mark in recent years as they can get away with it in the "bigger" counties where there is a waiting list.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 12:43 am

Thank you Highball.

Re the Season Ticket they've put it up to €120 for Div 1 and Div 2 counties - nice! Only a 21% increase.

I presume the €21 premium is in return for the privilege of being able to watch the Dubs close up.

It's becoming borderline as to whether it's now of any value when compared to paying in match-by-match (unless they're increasing match day prices also). Sneakily they won't tell you what the match-day prices are so you can't compare ! What a way to treat the more loyal customer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next