Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers

Go down 
+22
Big Full Back
steviegenius
micky murphy
Flamingo
jimmers
Highball
Taibi
kickingking
murof
White Bridge
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
bigball
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Rex
lilysavage
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
Ogie
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 6:47 am

Thanks Lillyboy
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 7:03 am

Records have now been updated for 2008 and 2009 (Team Line Ups, Scorers) so the full McGeeney era (don't mention the war) onwards is there. For any player who made his debut 2008 or later their full career record is now available on the site up to and including last Sunday's game.

Results and scorers of every game are there for 1980 onwards.

p.s. if anyone feels the urge to pen an article on any Kildare GAA related topic I'm open to publishing those. Might be of interest to any budding journalists out there for example. I've been doing a few match reports but I'm a bit time-poor at the moment otherwise I'd add some opinion pieces.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 2:31 am

Two further years now added : 2006 and 2007.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Nice guest article on the site from Paul Nolan of Hotpress, taking a walk down memory lane to his first days supporting Kildare in 1990.

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/agony-ecstasy-and-existential-despair-in-tullamore-the-ups-and-downs-of-being-a-kildare-supporter/

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 12:53 am

Lovely read - in a macabre sort of way.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 12:56 am

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! Brought a tear to the eye that did 365..........I remember every bit of it!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 1:37 am

Brilliant article, brought back so many memories. I remember the atmosphere at that first game in Conleths. A Leitrim woman beside me thumped me on the shoulder at the end and roared " we bet yis, Micko O'Dwyer and all and we bet yis " before her embarrassed husband dragged her away.
Hard to imagine now the optimism there was at different stages in the county. The semifinal defeats in 00 and 10 were the worst for me, walking out you had the horrible feeling that they were ones that got away and the team probably had nothing more to give.
Good to have a feel good factor again about a young team even if it is early days.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 2:08 am

Ogie wrote:

You think that was macabre?  I'm researching the 1970's for the site at the moment... talk about the boulevard of broken dreams. Hope to have an article up during this week on that period -- the faint-hearted might want to stay away.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 2:09 am

Crofter wrote:
Ogie wrote:

You think that was macabre?  I'm researching the 1970's for the site at the moment... talk about the boulevard of broken dreams. Hope to have an article up during this week on that period -- the faint-hearted might want to stay away.

Great work 365 Very Happy

Any luck with the new PRO and getting a link to your site?!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 2:52 am

murof wrote:
Brilliant article, brought back so many memories. I remember the atmosphere at that first game in Conleths. A Leitrim woman beside me thumped me on the shoulder at the end and roared " we bet yis, Micko O'Dwyer and all and we bet yis " before her embarrassed husband dragged her away.
Hard to imagine now the optimism there was at different stages in the county. The semifinal defeats in 00 and 10 were the worst for me, walking out you had the horrible feeling that they were ones that got away and the team probably had nothing more to give.
Good to have a feel good factor again about a young team even if it is early days.

Now there's a tough one for a poll -- your worst Kildare defeat ever?

For me it would be hard to beat the '98 Final - just for the sheer magnitude of the game and how close we came (so unexpectedly) to the holy grail.

But a close second must be the Donegal defeat in 2011. I just sat in a near deserted Cusack Stand for a good 15 minutes after the game that night, absolutely distraught and at the same time thoroughly pissed off at the injustice of O'Connor's disallowed goal. But above all just an overwhelming sense of "it's never going to be our day". And before Tommy jumps in, also a sense that we blew it again and didn't have the same ice in our veins that Cassidy and his Donegal team-mates clearly had. I missed the Down match in 2010 due to a badly planned holiday - I can only imagine the heartbreak for anyone who was at that one.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 2:54 am

Those two as well Crofter. Was in upper Cusack that Donegal day, couldn't move, Gardaí had to tell me time to go. Met a colleague walking home who'd been covering it, said I was whiter than my jersey. Roscommon in Portlaoise was a killer as well when Frankie Dolan went to town.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:07 am

All the 1970's results and scorers are up on the site now. Now have the last 591 senior matches summarised on there.

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/results-2/kildare-senior-football-match-results/

Will post an article during the week hopefully. The word "inconsistent" was invented for the Kildare team of that decade which was sprinkled with stardust (under 21 team of '65, O'Donoghues, Crofton, Dalton) but the sense is they never applied themselves fully.  Lost 4 Leinster Finals to go with the 1966 and 1969 ones making it 6 final defeats in 13 years ('66 to '78).  The 4 1970's finals were lost (2 to Offaly, 2 to Dublin) on an average margin of 11.5 points. What's worse those games were generally settled in the opening half.

Last edited by Crofter on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:11 am

Great work Crofter. The website is an excellent resource.

Some great and not so great memories in there!
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:20 am

The Donegal game for me.........I was in Upper Hogan. I never so much wanted to box the heads off a few Donegal pr***s behind me as that night. Devastated at final whistle.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:29 am

2000 against Galway cut deeper than 1998 for me.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

That's a brilliant read I must say. So many scars on the landscape  on a long hard road, yet unbelievably memorable.

Funny enough my first year going "full time" was 1990 as well. I remember banging the back of the Hoganstand with my cousin's when we beat Donegal. I was as you say hooked, my cousin's on the other hand never bothered turning up again. Sometimes I envy them.

Loved the image of Paul's father lightning up the cigarette during the Leitrim game.

Toughest losses one you would expect and the other a bit leftfield.

Even though I was there in 98 and it was a sickening experience, when your in early 20's you think another final will be along soon.

2011 against Donegal is one game where instead of the usual disappointment there was only anger and a building rage. I have never felt like that before or since. It was a culmination of Cooper's square ball and the Brogan phantom foul added to O'Connors non goal. Too much to take in the space of 9 months. Then knowing all that effort put in by that group of players had never been reciprocated with a bit of success they deserved.

The other was the U21 semi final against Galway. For such a talented bunch to lose in the most Kildare way of kicking wide after wide was heartbreaking. It was after this game I probably resigned myself to never seeing Kildare win an All Ireland.

Jesus I'm depressed now.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 7:38 am

Rex wrote:
That's a brilliant read I must say. So many scars on the landscape  on a long hard road, yet unbelievably memorable.

Funny enough my first year going "full time" was 1990 as well. I remember banging the back of the Hoganstand with my cousin's when we beat Donegal. I was as you say hooked, my cousin's on the other hand never bothered turning up again. Sometimes I envy them.

Loved the image of Paul's father lightning up the cigarette during the Leitrim game.

Toughest losses one you would expect and the other a bit leftfield.

Even though I was there in 98 and it was a sickening experience, when your in early 20's you think another final will be along soon.

2011 against Donegal is one game where instead of the usual disappointment there was only anger and a building rage. I have never felt like that before or since. It was a culmination of Cooper's square ball and the Brogan phantom foul added to O'Connors non goal. Too much to take in the space of 9 months. Then knowing all that effort put in by that group of players had never been reciprocated with a bit of success they deserved.

The other was the U21 semi final against Galway. For such a talented bunch to lose in the most Kildare way of kicking wide after wide was heartbreaking. It was after this game I probably resigned myself to never seeing Kildare win an All Ireland.

Jesus I'm depressed now.
8 of that u21 team are regulars on senior team now
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Crofter wrote:
Ogie wrote:

I remember a former colleague who is a regular on this forum (not TK) talk me through the absolute waste that was the squad of the 70s over many and many and many a pint.

Look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 8:59 pm

I had no investment in '98, just knew Murph, who was working with my sister and obviously had an interest in him having seen him play from underage with Cork and have his career almost stopped by injury. So I was disappointed.

Down 2010 was gutting because I knew how brittle Cork were - the All-Ireland was there and I think to this day they would have won it.

But in my time in Kildare, the Donegal one was the worst because you were flat-out screwed out of it. And you were never as good again.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 12:24 am

Hard to argue against Donegal in 2011. Never felt as sick walking out of Croke Park, although Golden Boy's dive in the same year is certainly a close second.

Leinster Final v Laois in 2003 was also hard to stomach, a game we weren't going to win no matter how well we played, the officials made sure of that. The Frankie Dolan show six days later put the icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Louth 91, Louth 2010, Wicklow (08?) also make entries in the top 10. Plenty of contenders all the same.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Dublin 1978 was my first real introduction to the misery that supporting Kildare can bring :-)

We absolutely leathered Louth, Meath and Wicklow en route to that final and were unbelievably optimistic considering we were up against Heffo's Dubs who were going for three All Irelands in a row (didn't happen of course thanks to Five Past Cullen Very Happy )

It absolutely pissed rain, Kildare never showed up and Denis Dalton's late consolation goal came after my father had decided it was time to "beat the traffic".

The only way was.... er.... up after that, my first final.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Many many many false dawns... I often wonder is it harder to be nearly men and have the optimism of supporting a sleeping giant or would you be at peace being from Carlow, Longford etc with little or no chance of glory.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 3:26 am

I would argue '98 and 2000 made it all worthwhile Highball, not to mention our future All Irelands.

p.s. have changed my username from Crofter to kildaregaa365 -- branding don't you know.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 8:22 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
I would argue '98 and 2000 made it all worthwhile Highball, not to mention our future All Irelands.

p.s. have changed my username from Crofter to kildaregaa365  -- branding don't you know.. Laughing

And you have an acolyte posting on the U21 thread already I see!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next