Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers

Go down 
+22
Big Full Back
steviegenius
micky murphy
Flamingo
jimmers
Highball
Taibi
kickingking
murof
White Bridge
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
bigball
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Rex
lilysavage
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
Ogie
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 12:55 pm

I thought that too Kelf but haven’t been able to find a link. If any JTB lads on here could confirm I’d be grateful.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 pm

kelf wrote:
Would "Hurley" by any chance be a JTB player who excelled for an Offaly Vocational schools team and is father of Padraig, Sean & Siobhan ?  Did a few brothers play for JTB ?  

That's John I think, though I wouldn't swear...
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 3:53 am

Yes, it was John I had in mind but I now understand he was not the player v Wexford in 1980.

Would Sarsfields people have any clues ??
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 9:32 am

I have another theory. It was supposed to be an under-21 team but I can’t find any reference to R.Hurley on that year’s u-21 panel. There was however a P.Earley from Monasterevin. It wouldn’t be beyond possible for a national paper to have put down R.Hurley for P.Earley. Anyone know that guy?
Back to top Go down
Fizzer
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Peter Earley from Monasterevan. He was one of three from Monasterevan on the panel that year along with Florrie McCarthy and Mick Hyland. Peter’s son DJ was on the county u/17s and minors in 2017.

I’m surprised Sherrif Kennedy’s first name is John! I thought his brother lived in Monasterevan and his name is John!

Also Peter Earley was a wing half back.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 7:56 pm

Fizzer wrote:
Peter Earley from Monasterevan. He was one of three from Monasterevan on the panel that year along with Florrie McCarthy and Mick Hyland. Peter’s son DJ was on the county u/17s and minors in 2017.

I’m surprised Sherrif Kennedy’s first name is John! I thought his brother lived in Monasterevan and his name is John!

Also Peter Earley was a wing half back.

Ok - think I'm on to something then..

Regarding Sheriff Kennedy the info I had came from his son so I'd imagine it's correct!
Back to top Go down
Fizzer
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 pm

I will ask Peter if he played in that match against Wexford.

I am clearly wrong on Sherrif Kennedy’s name
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 2:09 am

Thanks Fizzer.

Otherwise I might just credit Red Hurley with an appearance!
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 2:11 am

No R Hurley's around JTB 365!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 3:37 am

Thanks for confirming WB. Yes I knew that team they had around then & couldn’t remember one.

Looks like a typo by Indo perhaps.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 6:46 am

White Bridge wrote:
No R Hurley's around JTB 365!

I just found John Hurley as a sub on the 1983 JTB SFC team. Maybe he's the man?

Any further info on him White Bridge - would he have been under-21 in 1980 do you know?
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 6:48 am

Thatd be Seans father. He would be that age alright
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 6:55 am

aha... thanks BB.. maybe just a typo in the Indo then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers    For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Stats Lovers - Kildare Results, Line Ups and Scorers
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5