Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***

Go down 
+52
centreback
clonmullin
analysis
littleSam
hawker
armagh4sam
GaaHead
KICKABOUT
Come on the Boys in Blue
ripvanwinkle
lilypremier
rboy
Loads of Pints
shortgrass1928
Highball
jj
realmoore
wingback
KILL BILL
Could'nt Trap Cement
walsheman
steviegenius
milhouse
stanley
shortgrass
rgb
Dinny Breen
koko39
bag of white
Sam1928
tomcruise
peile
bob12
browser
jnrwhite
Ogie
abl
FearBan
Onhisboot
carburyman
Rex
kickingking
Lily8
MD
smokey
Derfil
lilly-exile
Jimmy winning matches
Stonecold
stevie
gaaweb
mrblobby
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:22 pm

As much as I admire Geezer and as proud as I am that he is our manager, until he brings silverware to the County he cannot be the best manager Kildare ever had.

Sorry Niall, you got that one wrong.

as a caveat I expect Silverware soon so maybe then he can be judged in the Sam breath as our All Ireland winning managers and Micko.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:39 pm

If Kelly cant play I'd go with Chalky White to start, I know he had a bad day against Louth but was one of our best throughout the league.

As for McGeeney he is doing well with Kildare but like many of you said there's no silverware yet so until there is he can't be classed as Micko's standard but hopefully its coming soon.
Back to top Go down
littleSam
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Perhaps the manager that brought kildare to the all ireland finals back in 27, 28, and 29 was the best manager we ever had......any ideas who that was?

I had thought that when grimley left this year, that mcgeeney wasnt up to the mark, especially with those poor performances in the league but then i came to realise, we were missing earley alot for those games due to injury and the starting 15 never seemed to click and was never settled.....

But since we lost out to louth, we have come back stronger and stronger - finally i believe Geezer has started the best 15 and in their right positions too...... i feel it in my bones.....
"this is our year of glory"
..... if we bring home silverware this year....then yes, maybe, he is one of the best managers kildare ever had.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Lily4Life wrote:
If Kelly cant play I'd go with Chalky White to start, I know he had a bad day against Louth but was one of our best throughout the league.

Can't see us going with Chalky again in the full-back line. He's just not comfortable there. It would be unfair on him more than anything else. He's a good impact sub to have for the half-back line/midfield and could do a decent job on Joe Sheridan if he was causing us problems.

The Meath forwards look strong on paper but I don't know how they'll cope with the Kildare backs galloping up the field. The likes of McGrillen, Kelly, O'Flaherty and Bolton all bomb forward to join the attack regularly. If the Meath forwards don't follow them we can create overlaps and get some space for Jimmers and Smithy inside. I think their half-back line is also vulnerable and hopefully JD and Eoghan O'Fla can run at them early on and draw some frees.

Can't wait for Sunday now. Have the jersey washed and the tickets secured. I don't think I've been as up for a Kildare match since the 2000 semi-final.
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:11 am

Was just thinking the same thing myself kickingking, I haven't been this excited/nervous for a Kildare match in a long long time, a little bit of belief and we could be in an All-Ireland semi final..............god the thought!!!
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:11 am

Nervous now alright, I haven't been as excited (and I get excited!!) about a match in a long time. i have all my jerseys washed but wont be wearing any of them on Sunday, my old O'Neills training top from about 5 or 6 years ago is still my trusty shirt.

Gonna say nothing between now and Sunday to save the voice for the match. It's time to be heard Kildare, no point saying we're the best fans unless we're heard on Sunday!

Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:25 am

Well lads,we are nearly there just,70 mins away from the semi final.
Be on the hill on sunday with white Jersey and giving it the all for this team
Se ye all back here on Tuesday,in great spirit
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:34 am

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:39 am

Canavan went for us as well. I'm Starting to get a little twitchy now.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:50 am

If we stay the course and play to plan it will be fine. It's not a David versus Goliath battle neither will it be as tight as people think.

Meath fowards are good with the ball in hand and going forward but cannot see them putting the work effort in when they don't have the ball. Neither do I see them winning the battle for mid-filed possession.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:53 am

I am full of confidence about the game, I know as always I will get a bit nervous before the throw in but last day against monaghan I didnt feel worried at any point during the 70 minutes, I have a good good feeling about this team and fully expect to beat meath, Kildare by 3 points.
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:20 am

Kildare 1-17 Meath 3-9
Back to top Go down
clonmullin
Junior A
Junior A
clonmullin

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:22 am

For those nervous about the "experts" picking us ... the 'lay of the week' section in The Racing Post picked us whilst in the match review they went for Meath
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:15 am

Dunno if Kildare were at a lower ebb when Micko took over - they certainly weren't top 16 anyway prob lucky top 20 when Geezer took over.... four years of embarrassment on the trot made them also-rans. What Carew says is that Geezer was a rookie whereas Micko had won All-Irelands. He was learning on the job. It's probably an off-the-cuff statement but given that it took Micko six or seven years to get silverware, I think Geezer's feat right now in reaching quarter-finals three years in a row is better. But obviously they'll need to win something for him ultimately to be considered the top man.
His comments on JD were very interesting too, if only to remind people that there's more than one aspect to take into account when discussing a player's performance and what the guy in the stand might want from the player might not tie in with what the manager wants.

Must say, I'm getting a laugh now that people are concerned that Kildare are being tipped - never happy!
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:13 am

Who did the boys on the last word pick or did we only get 30 second coverage again?
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:28 am

Both went for Meath same as Breheny on KFM
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 7:50 am

jnrwhite wrote:
Who did the boys on the last word pick or did we only get 30 second coverage again?

Senan Connell was actually informed on his opinion and he went for Kildare, Breheny was the usual citing history more than actual hard facts and he went for Me-id.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:05 am

Apologies it was Ray Silke on Newstalk that went for Meath not the Lastword
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:30 am

We are doomed lads, Ivan Yates said Meath will win handy enough. Once I heard that I new it's all over as we all know how Ivan is well up on his football.

Sennan Connell was actually good on the Last word, where as Silke on Newstalk was talking some nonsense about Meath's more natural forwards our dodgy full back line and then low and behold the "Hail Mary" line came out again.

It just confirmed to me that the 10 mins or so we got on the SG is all these boys see of us. Then to compound matters they just copy what each other are saying.

I was Brehany would pick Meath, he has been wrong all year so no need for him to change now.
Paul the Octopus he ain't.

On another note did anyone hear poor old Killian Whelan being bitch slapped by Geezer when he asked about Dermot's supposed injury. To be fair to Killian he kept going afterwards.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:40 am

Dont mind predictions,everyone went against us last week,they know as much as we do,they only get the expert name is because they were lucky enough to play GAA. Its strange last week I was shi**in myself going to the Monaghan game,this week I am relaxed and confident we will get the win.
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:00 am

"Both teams will feel confident in their own ability to win this one but Kildare seem to be making all the right moves at the minute. Their main concern of course would be their ever-increasing wides tally though I don't think Johnny Doyle's low-scoring spell will last too long. The old saying prevails - form is temporary, class is permanent. Kildare are strong in all the right places and, as I have referred to earlier, last years defeat to Tyrone will prove of great benefit to them now. Meath's deficiencies were evident against Louth and will have been doctored over these couple of weeks but they won't develop into a unit in such a short space of time. Kildare to progress.

Arguably the four best teams in the country should contest the semi-finals - Kerry, Cork, Kildare and Tyrone. Who'll lift Sam? Well, that's for another day. But for now we can reflect on a championship that has brought a great mixture of excitement and joy to many Gaels over the country."

Peter Canavan going for usl.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:39 am

In Peter Canavan we trust !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 7:42 pm

I didn't hear Killian Whelan JME, what happened??
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:32 pm

killian asked geezer about the injury rumours, geezer says what rumours? killian said dermot is supposed to be carrying a hamstring injury, geezer goes first i heard of it unless dermot is hiding something from me
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

centreback wrote:
killian asked geezer about the injury rumours, geezer says what rumours? killian said dermot is supposed to be carrying a hamstring injury, geezer goes first i heard of it unless dermot is hiding something from me

in all honesty lads, this is fairly harmless. Dermot is a warrior and a troublesome hamstring or not he'll be lining out for us on Sunday evening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next