Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***

Go down 
+52
centreback
clonmullin
analysis
littleSam
hawker
armagh4sam
GaaHead
KICKABOUT
Come on the Boys in Blue
ripvanwinkle
lilypremier
rboy
Loads of Pints
shortgrass1928
Highball
jj
realmoore
wingback
KILL BILL
Could'nt Trap Cement
walsheman
steviegenius
milhouse
stanley
shortgrass
rgb
Dinny Breen
koko39
bag of white
Sam1928
tomcruise
peile
bob12
browser
jnrwhite
Ogie
abl
FearBan
Onhisboot
carburyman
Rex
kickingking
Lily8
MD
smokey
Derfil
lilly-exile
Jimmy winning matches
Stonecold
stevie
gaaweb
mrblobby
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 20:52

fone wrote:
going have guess on fixtures for next weekend

saturday

down v kerry 2pm

kildare v meath 4pm

sunday

cork v roscommon 2pm

dublin v tyrone 4pm

there no chance of gaa playing matches on monday
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 20:55

Bank Holiday fone. Dublin played Kerry last year on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 21:01

JME wrote:
Bank Holiday fone. Dublin played Kerry last year on Monday.
if u go back on last year quarter finals only 3 was played over bank hoilday weekend. the match meath v mayo was played following week because limerick v meath was in portloaise on saturday of bank hoilday weekend with was round 4 match
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 21:11

fone I don't want to be pedantic but Kerry v Dublin was played on Aug 3rd 2009 which was a Monday.

Here is the RTE match tracker, check out the date.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0803/matchtracker.html
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 21:15

If they want to give Dublin a stand alone fixture there'll have to be a game on the Monday because all quarter finals now have to be played in Croke Park - premium seats, corporate boxes etc.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 21:17

it not a bank hoilday in north this weekend
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 21:21

That's why I said if there is to be a match on Monday, it'll probably be us.

Roscommon/Cork wouldn't draw a big enough crowd. Ourselves and Meath should bring 35,000+ for an All-Ireland quarter final surely?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 21:29

then the minors quarter finals are on this weekend as well . tyrone cork kerry involve in that as well
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 21:56

Great draw , great fixture to look forward too. For us on the meath border its always the best one to win and the worst one to lose, We have to respect meath and their meathness!, but the lads are playing with such determination, they are so organised and focussed, and playing such good football we have every reason to be confident. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 22:05

I read somewhere that 1/4 finals to be played Sunday and Monday. I can see Dublin Tyrone and Kerry Down on sunday and ourselves and Meath and Cork Roscommon on Monday. Who knows tho!

Good draw, there won't be much between teams and both will fancy it. Meath love playing us and will see us as a soft touch but I fancy they are flattered by their Leinster win. They beat a poor Dublin side and were lucky against an OK Louth team! Nothing for us to fear apart from Meath truck spirit and fight. They're a good side but I think we are better!
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 22:10

Cant wait for this one.Remember in 97 when they finally beat us the shit we had to listen from them in the pubs after and the same in 2001.Then in 98 never got to return the jesture as there was not one meath fan to be seen anywhere for weeks after and that includes work.Same again when we beat them in 2003. So to reach an all ireland semi final to play Kerry will be all the sweeter
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 22:25

I think they'll be Saturday and Sunday semis and I would go along with the consensus that it'll be Kerry v Down, Meath v Kildare. Cork v Roscommon is the least enticing and so will be the curtain-raiser to the Dubs getting bate by Tyrone.
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 23:21

Des Cahill just said it's their understanding that it'll be double header Saturday and Sunday with announcement being made tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 23:28

Kildare will surely be on the saturday so. Surely because I am working sunday!
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 23:40

Hopefully Saturday @ 4pm almost 12 years to the date of the biggest win by kildare in 40 years Are Meath the France of the 2010 c/ship is Karma going to knock on their door and boot them out of the all-ireland ?? - I think so
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 23:43

Everybody should try get their tickets for the one area in Croker (too fragmented last Saturday) and really get behind the lads...........
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 23:45

Stonecold where do you suggest the Hill ? of Cusack Davin (canal end) is crap view
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 23:45

bob12 wrote:
Are Meath the France of the 2010 c/ship

We'll see if they refuse to train on Thursday night
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 23:47

LOL Very good hopefully they will probably train on how to cheat I wonder if mcstay will give them credit for their goal in Leinster Final
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 23:53

Are we suffering from any injuries Dermott seemed a little sore (knee) leaving the field yesterday hope he is Ok any updates JD thought played well yesterday in build up to scores not worried about him at all as said before form is tempory class is permanent
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/7/2010, 23:59

I'd say Dermot will be grand. More precautionary than anything else I hope. He went for a bit of a jog down along the Hogan a few minutes after being taken off. Seemed to be moving freely enough.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/7/2010, 09:30

Really, really looking forward to this one. The lads will relish playing Meath and have no fear of any team now. I don't think we'll beat them...I think we'll hammer them !! Kildare have been simmering along nicely and are just coming to the boil. Meath should not have beaten Dublin, never mind Louth and they won't enjoy the blind eye refereeing that they always got up to now. They're there for the taking, can't wait !!
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/7/2010, 09:47

Agree with you peile,we fear no one.Meath haven't had a game in three weeks.This might stand to them or go against them,either way the kildare lads will be up for this.What we need to do,is score early on.There back line is not great,as it was said they fell apart in the second half against louth
The only concern i have is with Dermot,might not be fully fit,but will no more after tomorrow nite
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/7/2010, 09:57

I think Meath will hate this draw.If they don't win this game , their Leinster ' victory' will be tarnished even more.It will make a mockery of the 2010 Leinster championship.On that basis , I will not take them for granted.They are always hard to beat and there will be no hammering here.

It's funny but all I wanted from the draw was to avoid Cork in the semi-final and we got that.They are a very mobile team and I am not sure if we could beat them.Anyway , an All-ireland final in 2010 is now a distinct possibility and I noted on the Indo yesterday ( Paidi ) that the feeling in Kerry was to avoid Kildare at all costs.One game at a time from here on and I am looking forward to next weekend.

For Dublin to win Sam in 2010 they will have to beat Tyrone , Cork and oursleves Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/7/2010, 09:57

Dunno if Meath will be able to lift themselves after their leinster final defeat.

6th game in 6 weeks for us. Surely some sort of record for inter county?
I dont think its a problem. We are sailing with a following wind and the feelgood factor in the camp must be immense.

We have a great chance. Meath can blow hot and cold but doi have the forwards that will cause us more problems that any of the teams we have faced in the qualifiers so beware!

Cant believe we are at this stage again for the 3rd year in a row. Tremendous effort on behalf of management and players!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***   Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread*** - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare vs Meath. All Ireland Quater Final 2010, ***Official thread***
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next