Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone

Go down 
+35
Rex
flourman
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
Shay tompkins
TheManInTheStands
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
murof
lilysavage
Taibi
Botch
Badger85
Kildare98
KILL BILL
TommyKeegan
bite the pillow
intheback
John_R
jimmers
if_in_doubt
moatesports
jj
tpos
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
parcel
johnnykildare
Cassanata
MD
White Bridge
OutTheGap
Blackadder
kickingking
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
johnnykildare
Junior C
Junior C

Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 3:26 am

I can see us doing well in this game, especially if we can seize on goal opportunities. Haven't had killer instinct in front of goal for a few years now it's fair to say.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 4:35 am

Bought a ticket for last Satuday, ended up not being able to go . Bought one for Saturday 75% chance I wont be able to make it but I need to have one if I am lucky Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . Theres a chance I will have a ticket going later in the week in case someone is stuck!
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 6:15 am

Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Flag12

Just to focus the minds a little bounce

God bless our wonderful neighbours Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 8:22 am

Beating the AI runners up this time last year gave CON another year. Could history repeat itself?
Careful what you wish for 🤔
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 9:55 am

I do feel we have a chance.

But we need to play our best game all year and still hope Tyrone play badly.

Say what you like but Tyrone are a better team than us at the moment. They are not playing well which is good for us but I really worry that the Donegal game has just helped them pinpoint some issues with their new playing style. I also worry that our defenders will not mark their men as they have not all year long. Do that against Tyrone and they will kick points for fun.
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 8:47 pm

murof wrote:
Beating the AI runners up this time last year gave CON another year. Could history repeat itself?
Careful what you wish for 🤔

It is a good point and it would probably mean the end for Mickey Harte aswell. Would be a nice little addition to CONs CV.

Tyrone have panicked after Donegal completely out played them and has probably broken a lot of belief within the squad. They threw out the game plan they have being using all year because of it and I give us aright good chance in the game.

Wasn't it against Tyrone in Newbridge that Seanie Johnson had to retake a sideline ball, we needed a goal and with his last kick in a Kildare jersey attempting to float it in he stuck it over the bar?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 10:34 pm

Adam Tyrrell top scorer not just for Kildare but in entire championship so far this summer. Make no mistake: Tyrone will target him the way Galway targeted Daniel Flynn last year.

Players, management and supporters need to pile pressure on officials, use home advantage to the max, because they just want to turn a blind eye and have a handy life. We have to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 10:41 pm

As a matter of interest has the capacity of Conleth’s been increased at all since we played Mayo last year? What was the capacity on that occasion? Saw somewhere that there is an 8k capacity for this match and I thought it was less than that last year but I could be wrong
Either way it would be great to largely outnumber Tyrone and I’d ask all on here to coax as many of our dormant followers to get along.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 pm

Definitely, we have to make it as partisan as possible, roar the players on and squeeze as much advantage out of it as we can.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 11:39 pm

So are we saying beat Tyrone...…. Micky Harte leaves them and we nab him on way out to come and manage Kildare next year...…… Works for me!

This has all the makings of a great game if we show up on the day which i think we will...… we now have something to me we never really had a few good forwards...…. just need to work a system around them and a few more to stand up....
Back to top Go down
johnnykildare
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 2:05 am

Good point, Micky. Have we had Neil Flynn, Adam Tyrell, and Ben McCormack all fit to play on inside line for any decent run of a season before??
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 3:24 am

Any word on Paul Cribbin? Heard he was back training but not sure how far from full fitness
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 5:46 am

Doubt he is anywhere near unfortunately. No disrespect to Keith but swap him and Paul and the team improves massively.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 6:04 am

Rex wrote:
Doubt he is anywhere near unfortunately. No disrespect to Keith but swap him and Paul and the team improves massively.

Could only agree with that. Our half forward line is a bit of a problem area for me
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 7:27 am

jj wrote:
Rex wrote:

Could only agree with that. Our half forward line is a bit of a problem area for me

Massive problem area, and has been for years - goes without saying that P Cribben at full tilt would be a massive improvement. I think we are weak on the wings both sides of midfield, K Flynn has been a huge loss too.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 8:07 am

A fully fit cribben would be an addition but it's too late for this year. You are coming in against Tyrone here. He would get eaten alive. He really needed to be getting game time against longford and Antrim
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 7:59 pm

micky murphy wrote:
So are we saying beat Tyrone...…. Micky Harte leaves them and we nab him on way out to come and manage Kildare next year...…… Works for me!  

Jesus Christ, Micky, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole - I, for one, would give up following Kildare if ever he was a manager here....

Read this, please, from the Belfast Telegraph:

Woman's fury as sex attacker given reference by GAA boss Harte is jailed for two-and-a-half years
y Donna Deeney

March 2 2013

The woman sexually assaulted and thrown semi-naked out of a van by a man Tyrone GAA boss Mickey Harte gave a character reference to, said the sentence her attacker was given is too lenient.

The victim, who is still suffering the effects of the trauma, was too distressed to attend Londonderry Crown Court yesterday where Judge Piers Grant jailed Ronan McCusker for a total of two-and-a-half years.

The 47-year-old mother spoke to the Belfast Telegraph through the Rape Crisis Centre where she said: "I have already served two-and-a-half years. For a long time I couldn't leave the house even to go to Mass or to the shops.

"I am relieved it is all over and I am glad he is in prison but the sentence is not long enough."

The woman will now seek to get the jail term handed to McCusker increased. McCusker had pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting the woman on June 28, 2010 and also to assaulting her by throwing her out of a van in a semi-naked state, as well as motoring offences.

Judge Piers Grant explained in court that the legal guidelines for these type of offences were between one and four years.

He then outlined a number of mitigating factors that led him to the sentence he imposed. Among these were references supplied by Mickey Harte, the defendant's "respectable and responsible" family, the intoxicated state of both parties and the defendant's guilty plea and previously clear record.

Eileen Calder from the Rape Crisis Centre said the sentence sent out the wrong message. "When I heard this sentence, I couldn't believe it. This woman is a highly-respected woman and she has suffered so much as a result of this," she said.

"She thought she was safe going in a taxi with this man because she knew him and his family and she knew he was aware of her state of health. Instead he did that to her and threw her out without her clothes and left her for dead. The men who found her thought she was dead.

"She was left with a number of abrasions, cuts and bruises and she feels so let down. She is really not in a good way right now, but glad that at least this man is now behind bars, even for a short time."

The victim's family has also said they were disappointed by Mr Harte's involvement.

Ms Calder questioned the length of sentence handed down by Judge Grant which she said sent out a message, especially regarding the issue of alcohol.

"I understand he referred to the amount of alcohol taken and that it in some way was a mitigating factor," she said. "This is wrong and should have no bearing on any kind of sex attack. The police and prosecution did a really good job but a sentence like this is sending out a particular message.

"There is no sexual offence that I know of that carries four years.

"Sentences in Northern Ireland generally are longer than in the Republic or in the UK although I know there has been attempts to change that. We will raise this with Mark Durkan because he is the MP and he can take this to the Attorney General so that the sentence can be increased on the grounds that it is too lenient and that is our intention."
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 9:39 pm

County board policy seems to be appoint cheapest available option judging by what we have over our teams from minors up.. wouldn't be one bit surprised if we're stuck with o neill for another year
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Anyone any thoughts on Kildare V Tyrone?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 9:48 pm

parcel wrote:
County board policy seems to be appoint cheapest available option judging by what we have over our teams from minors up.. wouldn't be one bit surprised if we're stuck with o neill for another year

I doubt O Neill is coming cheap to be honest!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 10:25 pm

How well we do will depend on how we react to the cynical onslaught Tyrone will unleash on us. I thought we were totally unprepared for what Galway brought to the game last year. It will be a major test for our forwards especially Tyrell and Hyland.
We will have to really accurate on the frees. In the league match last year we missed 6 scorable frees and lost by a point.
It's a huge test for the team but also a great opportunity to make significant progress. Definitely a game we can win.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 10:43 pm

The Tyrone and Monaghan league games last year were absolutely horrifying one point defeats. Win those and it could have been the making of this team.

I remember the Tyrone match – Cian O'Donoghue did brilliantly late on, drove forward and kicked equaliser.  Then having done the hard part – won the kick out – some terribly sloppy play from Paul Cribbin and Chris Healy cost us. Then Tyrone go down field and M Donnelly kicks winner.

It was a total failure of composure and concentration which is the signature failing of this team.

Hopefully we can put it right Sat. I'm imploring team, management, fans, everyone to empty themselves for this because a win could be huge for this group – beating heavyweight contenders two summers in a row.

It could really give them that momentum and cast-iron belief they're looking for.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 1:34 am

lilysavage wrote:
Anyone any thoughts on Kildare V Tyrone?

Kildare by 3
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 2:12 am

parcel wrote:
I sincerely doubt he would want to stay on..... Who would want to be a manager these days????
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 2:29 am

Giving 22 degrees on Saturday...hopefully that helps to bring out the crowd.

It is a day when the K Flynn and P Cribbin would be missed more for their running. I don't mean to be a buzzkill but we will be doing very well to keep this game tight and brilliantly to beat them.
People saying they are not going well, but Wicklow havent been going well for years and could have knocked us out...

We need to do some targeting ourselves. P Harte really links up their play so much so maybe Keith might sit on him as he does for JTB sometimes. Eoghan Fla will attest to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next