Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are Club Kildare out to get me?

Go down 
+21
jnrwhite
rgb
tomcruise
Yellow Pearl
Sam1928
walsheman
righthalfforward
steviegenius
gaaweb
SamMaguire
croker
Highball
LilyMaguire
sam10
Son of Sarsfields
jj
koko39
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
ElGuerrouj
Kildare Fan
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Son of Sarsfields
Intermediate
Intermediate

Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Just speaking to Club Kildare and I can confirm that members will be entitled to tickets for the final if we need them.

http://kildare.gaa.ie/clubkildare.htm
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Just on the family evening out with the players with the members of club Kildare that were there what players were the most popular with the kids. Have to say that was a great idea to get the kids to meet the players, Hopefully they will have a full open evening before the Down game?
Back to top Go down
righthalfforward
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Who do you contact to get more information??
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:21 pm

The contact details are in the link posted by Son of Sarsfields http://kildare.gaa.ie/clubkildare.htm

If membership entitles you to buy a ticket to the final if we get there, then the radio ad should have mentioned that. That could be a big selling point for Club Kildare if we get that far.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:53 pm

ya ring 999!!!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:05 am

SamMaguire wrote:
The contact details are in the link posted by Son of Sarsfields http://kildare.gaa.ie/clubkildare.htm

If membership entitles you to buy a ticket to the final if we get there, then the radio ad should have mentioned that. That could be a big selling point for Club Kildare if we get that far.

If we beat Down they really should push to capitalise on the feelgood factor and could sell bucketloads of these.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:07 am

Do you htink lots of people will join Club kildare if we get to the final? And will they be entitled to tickets?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:24 am

If people join now and please God we reach the final they better get in line Koko, some of us have been handing over the readies for a few years now.

It will be a pointless concern should we not overcome Down.

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:37 am

How many members do Club Kildare have?? Couldn't see there being any issue with every member getting 1 ticket. Lets leave that argument until Monday week though please god ............
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:48 am

no argument jj, I hope hundreds join up thus laying the financial foundation for years to come.

C'mon the blooming lilies.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 am

No sign of a rebuttal from Kildare fan, he must be off getting an application from.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:55 am

Hopefully! I think the complaining fell on deaf ears really.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:02 am

Or maybe Club Kildare did get him after Smile
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:13 am

Maybe Kildare Fan is really James McCartan and was trying to get in and spy on our training session. The mystery deepens ...........
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:34 am

There would be little point in people joining the wonderful clubkildare as theres no guarantees for this elite bunch after All-Ireland semi finals.
The deal for getting tickets has always been advertised as ticket availability ''UP TO'' an All-Ireland final. I am not a member of club kildare, I was a member of the original and better Supporters Club.
Having followed Kildare up and down the country for many many years, and watched training sessions with only a handful of people in the stands every year, I was not going to give anybody the oppertunity to turn me away from training last night.
I will continue to get my tickets in the usual way and I will continue to support my county in the usual way.
When will people realise that it dosen't matter a damn what jacket is worn to a Kildare match, it dosent matter what part of Croker you sit in. Its being there to cheer on the team that counts, and you do not need to be a member of this club to go and support your county.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:41 am

Newbridgefan wrote:
There would be little point in people joining the wonderful clubkildare as theres no guarantees for this elite bunch after All-Ireland semi finals.
The deal for getting tickets has always been advertised as ticket availability ''UP TO'' an All-Ireland final. I am not a member of club kildare, I was a member of the original and better Supporters Club.
Having followed Kildare up and down the country for many many years, and watched training sessions with only a handful of people in the stands every year, I was not going to give anybody the oppertunity to turn me away from training last night.
I will continue to get my tickets in the usual way and I will continue to support my county in the usual way.
When will people realise that it dosen't matter a damn what jacket is worn to a Kildare match, it dosent matter what part of Croker you sit in. Its being there to cheer on the team that counts, and you do not need to be a member of this club to go and support your county.
I'm not gettng into an argument here but I have to comment on this post. I think you're being very unfair. Firstly it has been confirmed that should we need them kildare club memeber will get tickets to final. I don't care about wearing a jacket or polo shirt or where I sit in croker or any other stadium for that matter, what metters to me is being there to watch a great team play football and to give my support to GAA in the county. Frankly your post is a little petty. we're alll fans reagrdless of how we get tickets. Enjoy the semi final
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A
sam10

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:46 am

that's fine Newbridgefan going to all the matches and following the kildare team all around the country, its not about getting the jacket or where you sit on Croke park, but is about supporting the Kildare Team, where do you think they get the money to help them train, to feed them, to transport they to the matches etc.....people need to wake up and realise that if they want their county team to succeed, you need to support them, and not just by cheering them on the sideline and giving out when things go bad.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:06 am

Its the PFJ versus the JPF all over again lads.

Altogether now

"Always look on the bright side of life..etc.etc.."
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:09 am

Sam1928 wrote:

Altogether now

Sorry you've lost me on that one
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:42 am

koko39 wrote:
Sam1928 wrote:

Altogether now

Sorry you've lost me on that one

Dont worry about it. Old joke going back to the ice age.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:43 am

Kildarefan and Newbridgefan

I think that ye make a very valid point.You should not have to be a member of Club Kildare to watch the team training although the Club Kildare members are entitled to some perks.Also , you should not have to be a member of Club Kildare to allow your kids meet the players.It's the kids that aRe left at home that I feel sorry for.Nobody should be excluded from the GAA at any time , especially kids.The GAA is for everybody regardless of financial contributions etc.I know that Club Kildare has members who have money but who would not attend a club match in Kildare if their life depended on it.I know that we now have bandwagon supporters who would not even know who won the 2009 Kildare senior final.And this gets on my wick big time and I make no apologies for it.

Secondly , if we make the final I will get a ticket from my club.Why ? Because my club comes first , I work for my club and support them anywhere and everywhere.My county comes second but I am proud of my county.The people that I want to see in Croke Park on 19 September ( hopefully ) are the folk that I meet at all club games in the county , who burst their gut for their club and not somebody who has a few quid that makes him or her more superior to anyone else.And the folk who work for their clubs are the folk who you meet in Derry etc on a cold dark winter's evening eg Pat Cronly , John Noone , Dan Thornton , Pat Kinahan , Michael O'Connor , Tom Cross , Johnny Goulding , John Ivers etc. ( some people that I know ).

It is very important that the GAA recognise these people in their ticket allocations because they are the lifeblood of the organisation. I am sure we will do our best !!!

Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:51 am

Talk is cheap tc....it doesn't pay the bills. Bandwaggoners or not, the Club Kildare cash is badly needed.

Edit: I know five of those stalwarts you mentioned tc- and I would safely say they are all in Club Kildare too. Some people do both.

Last edited by rgb on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:52 am

I have neither a lot of money tomcruise or do I consider myself superior to anyone. I was at kildare league matches . I stood in Derry for the Qualifier game and all the other ones for that matter.
I know I'm the bigger fool for reacting to your post but I find it offensive really, and very general. I think at this time the majority of people do no not have money to throw away on any thing just for the sake of a few GAA tickets. I have to think hard about whether I want to in Club Kildare every year. Its not an easy decision. But I take it because I want to support my county, I also support my club. So maybe you should think before you throw generalisations around!!
PLease can some one from Club Kildare back me up here!
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:02 am

Koko 39

I have absolutely no issue with Club Kildare at all.I think that it is a great idea. I have the sticker on my car.However , my point is that ALL kids in Kildare should have been and shoul be given an opportunity to meet the players. Sorry if I offended you but that is how I see it.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:04 am

Sorry tc- when you said about people having a few quid makes them superior is what koko objected to, I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Club Kildare out to get me?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next