Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.

Go down 
+36
flourman
kildarecat
Oneill
rubencarter
mrblobby
gaaweb
Horsebox
cill dara bdkp
kartman
tpos
Loads of Pints
White Bridge
lilyban
bloodsub
lomond
Sam1928
walsheman
Rex
TheBigFullForward
Fear An Geata
bag of white
Yellow Pearl
analysis
Onhisboot
ripvanwinkle
tomcruise
realmoore
johnsmyth
steviegenius
earmuffs
Come on the Boys in Blue
centreback
ElGuerrouj
gaaman
kickingking
Jimmy winning matches
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Carragh 3-15 Rheban 1-8
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Kilcock 0-7 Ellistown 0-7

Sarsfields 1-14 Clane 1-7
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:06 pm

lomond wrote:
Conditions were poor for the Kill and Straffan game, very heavy rain.

Rob Kelly and Austin Allen were the best players for Straffan while Max Bradley did well when me moved to the edge of the square for Kill

Thought Austin Allen was tied up really well by the Kill full back, only scored on point which is unusual for him and was probably the reason Kill won in the end
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Raheens scored a late free to get a draw against Castledermot, 0-10 each. Raheens were lucky not to have at least one and probably two players sent off
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Leixlip 1-10 Maynooth 1-06 or something like that anyway. Either way 11/8 was a steal!! Wink
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:34 pm

athy 0-13 towers 1-6 towers had chances near the end but didnt take them and athy fully deserved there 4point win were the better team throughout
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:37 pm

Johnstown Bridge 2-15 v 2-7 Nurney
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:41 am

Not to alarm anyone, but the up to date tables and results are on the official website. Long may it last
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:23 am

how did the st kevins suncroft game go?
Back to top Go down
rubencarter
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:09 pm

its on monday night at 8 in ballykelly
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:35 pm

Allenwood 0-18 Naas 1-09
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Castlemitchell 1 09 Grange 0 10
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:54 pm

twomilehouse 1 09 rathcoffey 0 08
robertstown 3 09 cappagh 1 06
Back to top Go down
Oneill
Junior A
Junior A
Oneill

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Eadestown 0-07 Monasterevin 0-07
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Moorefield 0-18 Celbridge 0-08

Big win for the Moores. Looks like Celbridge are out of it now. Too reliant on O'Sullivan up front.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Celbdrige pretty much gonzo now unless they rack up a ridiculous score next week!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:46 pm

Wouldnt say that El G. 4 might sneak you through.

Through to knockout stages:

Senior
Sarsfield
Gone: Clane, Towers.

Intermediate
JTB, Confey and Ballyteague
Gone: Nurney, Sallins.

Junior
Castlemitchell and Caragh.
Gone: Rheban,Ardclough.

Still all to play for going into last round.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:03 pm

kickingking wrote:
Moorefield 0-18 Celbridge 0-08

Big win for the Moores. Looks like Celbridge are out of it now. Too reliant on O'Sullivan up front.
sweeney , murray and white had good games flynn came on as sub near end
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Yeah, 4 might sneak you through, but you will need a healthy score difference. Celbridge are now -12 which means they need to hammer whoever they play next week to have any chance!!

Any score from Larries v Carbury game?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:06 pm

there was a great crowd in newbridge today
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:49 pm

ElGuerrouj wrote:
Yeah, 4 might sneak you through, but you will need a healthy score difference. Celbridge are now -12 which means they need to hammer whoever they play next week to have any chance!!

Any score from Larries v Carbury game?
larreis 0-15 carbury 1-10
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Larries won but it was very close, Terry Rossiter had a great chance for a goal two mins from the end the end that could have won it for Carbury but he hit his shot at a nice height for the keeper.

But what I'd like to know is who is the genius who decided that the two sets of jersey's in that game weren't clashing????

For future reference, yellow and a slightly different shade of yellow are clashing colours!!!!

Been to so lots of games this weekend and the one thing that stands out for me is how bad the referees are, particularly outside of the senior championship. There are lads who are reffing in the intermediate championship who have no business being referees any more, they are just too old.

I was at an intermediate game on Saturday, a great game, the best I was at all weekend. Between the two teams, there were 3 senior panellists and a host of under 21 and minor county players yet the referee had to be over 50 and understandly just could not keep up with the play.

The players deserve better.

Another thing that struck me was the lack of help that referees are getting from umpires and linesmen in these games. It can't be acceptable to have an untrained 14 or 15 year old running the line in a championship game, it's only asking for trouble. There was a huge row in another game that I was at today, which I felt was a result of the referee letting a number of minor incidents go. If you keep doing that eventually things will all blow up which it certianly did (I should mention that although one player was rightly sent off from that incident, it was mostly just pushing and shoving but it held up the game for more than 3 minutes). It's only a matter of time before somebody gets badly hurt in one of these.

Onto more positive news. The best player that I saw over the weekend was Johnstownbridge's Cathal McNally, he is a serious scoring machine. Johnstownbridge are going to take some stopping in the intermediate.

It has to be laurence's or moorefield again in the senior, the only team I can see beating laurence's are moorefield and vice versa. Both can improve though, Laurence's have the best full forward line in the county so I don't know why they persist with hand passing the ball out the field. They got lucky enough near the end with the chance that Rossiter missed but Laurence's will get stronger as the competition develops. I thought E Flats was excellent for Carbury but too often he was left to do things on his own. Tommy O'Neill had a stormer for Larries too.

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:55 pm

TheBigFullForward wrote:
Larries won but it was very close, Terry Rossiter had a great chance for a goal two mins from the end the end that could have won it for Carbury but he hit his shot at a nice height for the keeper.

But what I'd like to know is who is the genius who decided that the two sets of jersey's in that game weren't clashing????

For future reference, yellow and a slightly different shade of yellow are clashing colours!!!!

Been to so lots of games this weekend and the one thing that stands out for me is how bad the referees are, particularly outside of the senior championship. There are lads who are reffing in the intermediate championship who have no business being referees any more, they are just too old.

I was at an intermediate game on Saturday, a great game, the best I was at all weekend. Between the two teams, there were 3 senior panellists and a host of under 21 and minor county players yet the referee had to be over 50 and understandly just could not keep up with the play.

The players deserve better.

Another thing that struck me was the lack of help that referees are getting from umpires and linesmen in these games. It can't be acceptable to have an untrained 14 or 15 year old running the line in a championship game, it's only asking for trouble. There was a huge row in another game that I was at today, which I felt was a result of the referee letting a number of minor incidents go. If you keep doing that eventually things will all blow up which it certianly did (I should mention that although one player was rightly sent off from that incident, it was mostly just pushing and shoving but it held up the game for more than 3 minutes). It's only a matter of time before somebody gets badly hurt in one of these.

Onto more positive news. The best player that I saw over the weekend was Johnstownbridge's Cathal McNally, he is a serious scoring machine. Johnstownbridge are going to take some stopping in the intermediate.

It has to be laurence's or moorefield again in the senior, the only team I can see beating laurence's are moorefield and vice versa. Both can improve though, Laurence's have the best full forward line in the county so I don't know why they persist with hand passing the ball out the field. They got lucky enough near the end with the chance that Rossiter missed but Laurence's will get stronger as the competition develops. I thought E Flats was excellent for Carbury but too often he was left to do things on his own. Tommy O'Neill had a stormer for Larries too.

young fogarty had good game . dessie lawlor did some damage in frist half
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:59 pm

fone wrote:

young fogarty had good game . dessie lawlor did some damage in frist half

I agree, like I said, I think that's the best full forward in the county along with Ronan Lawlor but I don't know if Laurence's are using them to their full potential yet. It seemed like all 3 of those players had the beating of their man when they got the right service.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:59 pm

So Larries and Sarsfields the only two teams through after this round. Remaining 6 places between 12 teams (11 if suncroft lose tomorrow)................... fierce competitive!!

Draw tomorrow will go a long way to clearing up who might be the last 8!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next