Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.

Go down 
+36
flourman
kildarecat
Oneill
rubencarter
mrblobby
gaaweb
Horsebox
cill dara bdkp
kartman
tpos
Loads of Pints
White Bridge
lilyban
bloodsub
lomond
Sam1928
walsheman
Rex
TheBigFullForward
Fear An Geata
bag of white
Yellow Pearl
analysis
Onhisboot
ripvanwinkle
tomcruise
realmoore
johnsmyth
steviegenius
earmuffs
Come on the Boys in Blue
centreback
ElGuerrouj
gaaman
kickingking
Jimmy winning matches
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:44 am

If a referee or linesman is afraid to make a correct call they should not be there.They are only causing trouble for themselves and everyone else.The incident that I am referring to yesterday evening was so blatant that it was a joke.

Another most annoying thing in Newbridge is those ould lads ( inside the pitch ) shaking hands and having the craic ? with supporters through the fence.Are they on a power trip or something ? Time to bring a sniper to St Conleths me thinks lol!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:45 am

what did think of refs new kits . as logo says on ref jersey GIVE RESPECT
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:55 am

fone wrote:
what did think of refs new kits . as logo says on ref jersey GIVE RESPECT

Well I have to say that I don't the county board showed much respect to laurence's, carbury, or the senior championship by appointing two linesman who can barely run the length of the pitch.

If you go to Bord na nOg games, there are plenty of young refs around who would really benefit in the long run by doing the line in a big championship game like that.

I'm opposed to having untrained 14 or 15 year olds doing the line but there are lads who training to be referees in their early 20's who aren't been given the chance to do these games.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:00 am

[quote="tomcruise"]If a referee or linesman is afraid to make a correct call they should not be there.They are only causing trouble for themselves and everyone else.The incident that I am referring to yesterday evening was so blatant that it was a joke.

Another most annoying thing in Newbridge is those ould lads ( inside the pitch ) shaking hands and having the craic ? with supporters through the fence.Are they on a power trip or something ? Time to bring a sniper to St Conleths me thinks lol! [/quote}
they be too fast for sniper
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:27 am

Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Rpg-7

fone takes aim................
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:54 am

I was at the games in Newbridge and I have a couple of points to make.

1) Allenwood Naas game was at 2pm over at 3.15pm then you had to wait till 4.30pm for Moorefield Celbridge over at 5.50 and the last game Carbury and Larries at 6.15. with 20 minutes to go in the last game it started to get very dark and got dangerous for the players. Why was there a hour and a quarter in between the first 2 games how silly and stupid.

2) Moorefield were very good yesterday and will be hard stopped this year Celbridge are gone backwards I know they got to 3 points but as other posters said Moorefield brought on some subs that were as good if not better than what they had on to drive on.
Allenwood were also good what can you say about Johnny Doyle class Naas I think are after loosing a few players and it showed poor enough.
The Carbury Larries game was very exciting and a good game the ref game Larries a couple of dubious free in both halfs also how the ref did not see the hit near the end I dont know, as for the lines man who was right beside it said it was only a yellow card a joke maybe it was to dark and didnt see it clearly. Saying that Terry Rossiter had a great chance near the end for a goal and had it gone in Carbury would of won.

Looking forward to the draw hopefully we will get a few more tasty games would not like to get the Moores the way they played yesterday.
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:56 am

Thought id just point out Moorefield arent through yet, they only have 4 points although i wouldn like to be the team who gets them in next round, thankfully we cant get them.... Another thing that is frightening is that Fergal Barry has been a 4th official in some inter county games so hes in line to be an inter county referee soon, most of his decisions border on ludacris....
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:04 am

id imagine the delay was to accomodate teams in and out of the shoeboxes of dressing rooms in newbridge. jesus christ they are shocking! like how can you seriously accomodate 6 teams in essentially 2 dressing rooms for these matches, its a bit of a farce really.

would agree with above sentiments regarding refs, and in particular the one mentioned above. although refs in newbridge will never have to worry about getting the martin sluden treatment thanks to the fencing all around the ground. there are far too many occasions that refs in this county cop out of making correct decsions and are far too quick at blowing the whistle for stupis little things, do it right or dont do it at all!!!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:08 am

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:13 am

fionnmccool wrote:
kildarecat, is there anything in Kildare GAA that you are happy with? (Besides wanting to father a child for each and every moorefield player) afro

Seriously?

What system would you propose, we cannot go back to straight knockout?

now fionn I think we talked about this before yeh? and I gave you my lowdown whether right or wrong.

All I'll say guys I'm probably the easiest going guy on earth with a massive chip on my shoulder,, because all I want to do is turn the many injustices that reverberates around the GAA into reality, I get shot down for that?

Or is it because I'm controversial and a Moorefield fan?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:15 am

[Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Handsupvols

I don't like the thoughts of vicious 15 year old girls verbally assaulting me so I'll give it a miss.

They can be really nasty.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:16 am

kildarecat wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:
kildarecat, is there anything in Kildare GAA that you are happy with? (Besides wanting to father a child for each and every moorefield player) afro

Seriously?

now fionn I think we talked about this before yeh? and I gave you my lowdown whether right or wrong.

All I'll say guys I'm probably the easiest going guy on earth with a massive chip on my shoulder,, because all I want to do is turn the many injustices that reverberates around the GAA into reality, I get shot down for that?

Sounds like a poll to me :p i'd go for a, some of b and a little of c :p lol! scratch
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:18 am

kildarecat wrote:

a deadly combo around here.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:19 am

kildarecat wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:

Seriously?

your dead right KC - fcuk the establishment & begrudgers, tiocfaidh ár lá..... UP THE MOORES
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:23 am

That comment was a joke KC, relax.

If were to try and right all the wrongs and injustices in the GAA you'd need to get up very early in the morning. And wear an underpants over your trousers.

whats the alternative to the current format? i agree is possibly needs a few tweaks but i'm quite happy with the current set up.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:32 am

fionnmccool wrote:
That comment was a joke KC, relax.

If were to try and right all the wrongs and injustices in the GAA you'd need to get up very early in the morning. And wear an underpants over your trousers.

whats the alternative to the current format? i agree is possibly needs a few tweaks but i'm quite happy with the current set up.

I didn't see the need to increase the number of group games to 4 when they usually struggle to fit in all the fixtures anyway. Good for players cos the more champ games you get to play the better but from a scheduling point of view...... not great!!

** this complaint may be due to us being through if it was only 3 games Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:48 am

yeh i agree,thought the 3rds were best idea but what can ya do now!!!wonder will they stick with it next year....i think fergal barry is a terrible ref,goes on like people come to see him!!!
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:13 am

Went to for Games at the weekend

Sarsfields V Clane
Sarsfields going well, and if they can cope with the loss of early they will go far. i was impressed with chalky's passing, conor tiernan was a constant threat and smith showed well for the whole game. which is good for sarsfields. Clane for such a big club are struggling bit time and seem doomed for the relegation dogfight.

Athy V Towers
Towers were only interested in bringing athy down to their level and were lucky to finish with 15. fair play to athy, they played football and in James Eaton and Daroch Mulhall they have to very exciting young forwards.

Moorefield V Celbridge
This was the draw of the round. Whyte at midfield was excellent, making some nice catches and kicked a monster 50 when celbridge had worked their way back into the game, which set moorefield off on a scoring run. Thought James Lonergan was excellent and threw his head into places where others wouldn't even put their foot. obviosuly patrick murray was the main man for moorefield.
Ollie Lyons and Mark o'Sullivan were the pick of the clebridge players with Lyons making a number of interceptions and blockdowns.

St.Laurences V Athy
This was a very exciting game, with a very whistle happy ref. Larries seemed to play with no half-forward line which gave the lawlor brothers and padraig fogarty lots of space and they used their pace to win almost every ball. When carbury ran at larries and got the ball in quick to eoghan o'flaherty in particular they done damage.
Tommy o'Neills point off the left after selling two dummies was pure class.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 am

suncroft 2 - 10 kevins 0- 12

Last edited by fone on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:40 am

Pos Team P W L D F A Points
1 Sarsfields 3 3 0 0 46 32 6
2 St Laurence's 3 3 0 0 40 32 6
3 Moorefield 3 2 1 0 40 26 4
4 Allenwood 3 2 1 0 39 32 4
5 Carbury 3 2 1 0 37 32 4
6 Maynooth3 2 1 0 32 28 4
7 Leixlip 3 2 1 0 33 30 4
8 Kilcock 3 1 1 1 33 32 3
9 Athy 3 1 1 1 37 39 3
10 Naas 3 1 2 0 38 39 2
11suncroft 3 1 2 0 36 39 2
12 Ellistown 3 0 1 2 28 32 2
13 St Kevin's 3 1 2 0 28 37 2
14 Celbridge 3 1 2 0 28 40 2
15 Round Towers 3 0 3 0 23 35 0
16 Clane 3 0 3 0 33 46 0

1 Johnstownbridge 3 3 0 0 56 30 6
2 Confey 3 3 0 0 46 25 6
3 Ballymore Eustace 3 3 0 0 50 33 6
4 Ballyteague 3 3 0 0 46 34 6
5 Straffan 3 2 1 0 43 32 4
6 Kilcullen 3 2 1 0 40 40 4
7 Monasterevan 3 1 1 1 29 26 3
8 Eadestown 3 1 1 1 34 33 3
9 Castledermot 3 1 1 1 27 28 3
10 Kill 3 1 2 0 25 27 2
11 Rathangan 3 1 2 0 36 46 2
12 Ballykelly 3 1 2 0 30 43 2
13 Raheens 3 0 2 1 37 43 1
14 Sallins 3 0 3 0 33 51 0
15 Milltown 3 0 3 0 29 49 0
16 Nurney 3 0 3 0 34 55 0

1 Caragh 3 3 0 0 63 34 6
2 Castlemitchell 3 3 0 0 39 33 6
3 Clogherinkoe 3 2 1 0 33 25 4
4 Two Mile House 3 2 1 0 36 30 4
5 Cappagh 3 2 1 0 36 36 4
6 Robertstown 3 1 1 1 43 42 3
7 Rathcoffey GAA 3 1 2 0 27 37 2
8 Grangenolvan 3 0 2 1 31 38 1
9 Ardclough 3 0 3 0 32 46 0
10 Rheban 3 0 3 0 26 45 0
offical tables
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 am

fone wrote:
suncroft 2 - 12 kevins 0- 12

I quiver at the thought of correcting you fone, but I think, and I'm open to correction but it's what's on the kfm website, it was 2-10 to 0-12... nothing on official site. Fionn Dowling did the damage... Pity minors didn't play him in the half-forward line, he always looked uncomfortable in the corner
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 am

Ogie wrote:
fone wrote:

I quiver at the thought of correcting you fone, but I think, and I'm open to correction but it's what's on the kfm website, it was 2-10 to 0-12... nothing on official site. Fionn Dowling did the damage... Pity minors didn't play him in the half-forward line, he always looked uncomfortable in the corner
you right ogie
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:01 pm

fone wrote:
Ogie wrote:
fone wrote:

you right ogie

Phew!
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:38 pm

Disappointing coverage of the championship in the nationalist and leader this week. poor reports,wrong names, wrong people managing clubs.the sport editors from both the leader and nationalist could do worse than buy a copy of the leinster express and see how to report and cover a match.
it covers each game in detail,it was structured had man of the match,turning point, had good full colour pictures from each and every game in laois from every grade from junior to senior.
the leader on its front page claimed it had 6 pages of championship action, the express had that on the senior championship alone.
the leader did however manage to supply a 16 page pull out for the ploughing next week.
the gaa reports and coverage in kildare is shockingly poor. and we put up with it. people should try buy papers from surrounding counties to see how it should be done.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:22 am

agree with you there realmoore athy have got an exciting forward line and mullhall was very good at the weekend good to hear james lonergan had a good game this guy is made of some stuff and i would love to see him get the call up to the county again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next