Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.

Go down 
+36
flourman
kildarecat
Oneill
rubencarter
mrblobby
gaaweb
Horsebox
cill dara bdkp
kartman
tpos
Loads of Pints
White Bridge
lilyban
bloodsub
lomond
Sam1928
walsheman
Rex
TheBigFullForward
Fear An Geata
bag of white
Yellow Pearl
analysis
Onhisboot
ripvanwinkle
tomcruise
realmoore
johnsmyth
steviegenius
earmuffs
Come on the Boys in Blue
centreback
ElGuerrouj
gaaman
kickingking
Jimmy winning matches
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:23 am

P W L D F A P

sarsfields 3 3 0 0 46 32 6

larries 3 3 0 0 40 32 6

moorefield 3 2 1 0 40 26 4

allenwood 3 2 1 0 39 32 4

carbuary 3 2 1 0 37 32 4

maynooth 3 2 1 0 32 28 4

leixlip 3 2 1 0 33 30 4

kilcock 3 1 1 1 30 32 3

athy 3 1 1 1 37 39 3

naas 3 1 2 0 38 39 2

ellistown 3 1 0 2 28 32 2

st kevins 2 1 1 0 16 21 2

ceilbridge 3 1 1 0 28 40 2

suncroft 2 0 2 0 20 27 0

round towers 3 0 3 0 23 35 0

clane 3 0 3 0 33 46 0

think this correct

Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:01 am

Naas looked very average today but john doyle, i mean allenwood done their job well. thought leper would be sticking out a lot more, wasn great from open play. suppose hes kind of in the same boat as jd a lot of the time. Moorefield played well but can still play better, celbridge were shocking in 1st, only reason they got back into it was because moorefield took their foot off the pedal big time. o sullivan scored a few in second half but i hear people always raving that he should be on the county team, wouldn have him on the reserves. Great second half in the last game, Larries did shade it but would have put my house on rossiter that time,great save. Must say it was well worth the fiver in Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:02 am

Results in Full

SENIOR

Kilcock 0-07 Ellistown 0-07

Athy 0-13 Round Towers 1-06

Sarsfields 1-14 Clane 1-07

Leixlip 1-10 Maynooth 1-06

Allenwood 0-18 Naas 1-09

Moorefield 0-18 Celbridge 0-08

St. Laurences 0-15 Carbury 1-10

St. Kevins vs Suncroft is on Monday night

INTERMEDIATE

Kill 2-07 Straffan 0-09

Ballyteague 1-10 Sallins 1-09

Confey 0-14 Ballykelly 1-06

Raheens 0-10 Castldermot 0-10

Johnstownbridge 2-15 Nurney 2-07

Kilcullen 2-08 Milltown 0-11

Ballymore 1-15 Rathangan 0-11

Monasterevin 0-07 Eadestown 0-07

JUNIOR

Caragh 3-15 Rheban 1-08

Two Mile House 1-09 Rathcoffey 0-08

Clogherinkoe 0-14 Ardclough 1-06

Robertstown 3-09 Cappagh 1-06

Castlemitchell 1-09 Grangenolvan 0-10

The draws for the next round will take place tomorrow night in Newbridge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:09 am

Pos Team P W L D F A Points
1 Sarsfields 3 3 0 0 46 32 6
2 St Laurence's 3 3 0 0 40 32 6
3 Moorefield 3 2 1 0 40 26 4
4 Allenwood 3 2 1 0 39 32 4
5 Carbury 3 2 1 0 37 32 4
6 Maynooth 3 2 1 0 32 28 4
7 Leixlip 3 2 1 0 33 30 4
8 Kilcock 3 1 1 1 33 32 3
9 Athy 3 1 1 1 37 39 3
10 Naas 3 1 2 0 38 39 2
11 Ellistown 3 0 1 2 28 32 2
12 St Kevin's 2 1 1 0 16 21 2
13 Celbridge 3 1 2 0 28 40 2
14 Suncroft 2 0 2 0 20 27 0
15 Round Towers 3 0 3 0 23 35 0
16 Clane 3 0 3 0 33 46 0

1 Johnstownbridge 3 3 0 0 56 30 6
2 Confey 3 3 0 0 46 25 6
3 Ballymore Eustace 3 3 0 0 50 33 6
4 Ballyteague 3 3 0 0 46 34 6
5 Straffan 3 2 1 0 43 32 4
6 Kilcullen 3 2 1 0 40 40 4
7 Monasterevan 3 1 1 1 29 26 3
8 Eadestown 3 1 1 1 34 33 3
9 Castledermot 3 1 1 1 27 28 3
10 Kill 3 1 2 0 25 27 2
11 Rathangan 3 1 2 0 36 46 2
12 Ballykelly 3 1 2 0 30 43 2
13 Raheens 3 0 2 1 37 43 1
14 Sallins 3 0 3 0 33 51 0
15 Milltown 3 0 3 0 29 49 0
16 Nurney 3 0 3 0 34 55 0

1 Caragh 3 3 0 0 63 34 6
2 Castlemitchell 3 3 0 0 39 33 6
3 Clogherinkoe 3 2 1 0 33 25 4
4 Two Mile House 3 2 1 0 36 30 4
5 Cappagh 3 2 1 0 36 36 4
6 Robertstown 3 1 1 1 43 42 3
7 Rathcoffey GAA 3 1 2 0 27 37 2
8 Grangenolvan 3 0 2 1 31 38 1
9 Ardclough 3 0 3 0 32 46 0
10 Rheban 3 0 3 0 26 45 0
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 am

yeh fogarty played well,and lawlor,john doyle was brilliant,starting and finishing everything....same with paddy murray for moores and sweeney,dave whyte had a super game to!!!!even the subs brought on made moores kick on near the end....flynn,podge flynn,hurley-lynch and dwyane all came on !!!great squad
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Getting back to the Carbury v Larries game , we had the chance to win it with Terry Rossiter's goal chance but that's the way it goes and on to next weekend.We in Kildare have become accustomed to blaming every referee in the sun ( must be in our psyche ) but it's time to look inside our own county before we start blaming others.There was the most blatant red card offence by a Larries player at the end of the game yesterday.The referee consulted with the Linesman and they contrived to come up with a yellow card which was absolutely gutless.It did not affect the scoreline as Larries had won the game but I want the County Board to sort out our mess before Kildare people start pontificating and whinging in the media about officialdom outside the county.You either apply the rules or dont.It's as simple as that.

Getting back to the game I was very impressed by the Larries no 15 , a very skillful player.Larries have brought the blanket defence and handpassing to a new level.Jaysus I got dizzy looking at them and there is no way they will use their inside line properly playing like that.Obviously it works but they ain't pretty to look at.

The Moores are by a long way the team to beat this year.I was impressed by David Whyte yesterday.And as for JD.We will never truly appreciate what we have here until he is gone.A truly great player and a really nice person as well.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:31 pm

tomcruise wrote:
Getting back to the Carbury v Larries game , we had the chance to win it with Terry Rossiter's goal chance but that's the way it goes and on to next weekend.We in Kildare have become accustomed to blaming every referee in the sun ( must be in our psyche ) but it's time to look inside our own county before we start blaming others.There was the most blatant red card offence by a Larries player at the end of the game yesterday.The referee consulted with the Linesman and they contrived to come up with a yellow card which was absolutely gutless.It did not affect the scoreline as Larries had won the game but I want the County Board to sort out our mess before Kildare people start pontificating and whinging in the media about officialdom outside the county.You either apply the rules or dont.It's as simple as that.

Getting back to the game I was very impressed by the Larries no 15 , a very skillful player.Larries have brought the blanket defence and handpassing to a new level.Jaysus I got dizzy looking at them and there is no way they will use their inside line properly playing like that.Obviously it works but they ain't pretty to look at.

The Moores are by a long way the team to beat this year.I was impressed by David Whyte yesterday.And as for JD.We will never truly appreciate what we have here until he is gone.A truly great player and a really nice person as well.

carbury seemed to get raw deal from fergul barry last night .
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:42 pm

I don't agree with the current system but there is no denying it makes for an exciting last w/end, with the sash and the larries all ready through will they rest a few stars?, or maybe not go full pelt ? might not be the end of the world if you draw either team.

From a Moorefield point of view looked very impressive the first 20 of the first half and the last 10 of the second, but in between there was some serious sleepyness, allowed Celbridge to get within 3, in fairness that seemed to wake them out of their slumber, probably take a shock of biblical proportions to keep them out of the last eight with their score difference even if they were to lose the next game, which in truth will be a big if.
Moorefield were good without been spectacular, Dave Whyte had a brilliant game his high fielding was a joy to behold often under pressure and his distribution was good too, Paddy Murray? how many superlatives do you need for this man, pure class!, Philly Wolfe and Moggy both deserve favourable mentions as did Cally in the backs though was caught out under a few high balls.
Just one gripe about the ref, Paddy Murray was rugby tackled to the ground when bearing down on goal, everyman his dog and his cat could see it except Mr. Herbert? who was no more 10 yards away, astonishing decision not to give the 20 yard free, from virtually the next attack Celbridge tapped over to put 3 between the sides a two point swing. on such stupid decisions games can be won and lost?.

As for Celbridge is this the same team that won the county final 2 year ago?, apart from a spirited fightback in the second half even then some of their shooting was absolutely awful in truth the whole game their shooting was school boy stuff, looks like they will need a miracle to qualify
Moorefield did have an advantage that they played a competitive game (the league final) a few weeks ago but even so the deterioration in Celbridge was striking!.

The huge break in competitive action because of Kildares success hasn't helped a lot of teams either, something that shouldn't be allowed happen again regardless of the success of the seniors?
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:53 pm

tomcruise wrote:

I really don't like the way that that particular ref does his games but I'm not going to blame him on this one. I think at the moment that the larries player barged into your man, the ref had looked away for a split second becuase he was signallig for the ball being touched on the ground and missed the incident. What I would blame is the linesman who obviously told him it was a yellow card offence. I've no doubt that the referee would have have sent the larries lad off if it had been him who saw it. I really don't know how two OAP's can be fit to run the line for a massive senior championship like that, it really isn't good enough. I saw 14 and 15 year olds running the line at some intermediate games over the weekend, again considering the work that goes into these games, it's not good enough.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:19 pm

The BigFullForward

Point accepted but the linesman had his flag up and brought the incident to the referee's attention.I am sure that they didn't talk about the XFactor the previous night.Either you do your job or not and this referee is clearly not up to scratch and should not referee any more senior championship games.There are no if's and buts.I will admit that the match was over at that stage and it had no impact on the result.

Hopefully we do not get the Moores tonight Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:23 pm

kildarecat wrote:
I don't agree with the current system but there is no denying it makes for an exciting last w/end, with the sash and the larries all ready through will they rest a few stars?, or maybe not go full pelt ? might not be the end of the world if you draw either team.

From a Moorefield point of view looked very impressive the first 20 of the first half and the last 10 of the second, but in between there was some serious sleepyness, allowed Celbridge to get within 3, in fairness that seemed to wake them out of their slumber, probably take a shock of biblical proportions to keep them out of the last eight with their score difference even if they were to lose the next game, which in truth will be a big if.
Moorefield were good without been spectacular, Dave Whyte had a brilliant game his high fielding was a joy to behold often under pressure and his distribution was good too, Paddy Murray? how many superlatives do you need for this man, pure class!, Philly Wolfe and Moggy both deserve favourable mentions as did Cally in the backs though was caught out under a few high balls.
Just one gripe about the ref, Paddy Murray was rugby tackled to the ground when bearing down on goal, everyman his dog and his cat could see it except Mr. Herbert? who was no more 10 yards away, astonishing decision not to give the 20 yard free, from virtually the next attack Celbridge tapped over to put 3 between the sides a two point swing. on such stupid decisions games can be won and lost?.

As for Celbridge is this the same team that won the county final 2 year ago?, apart from a spirited fightback in the second half even then some of their shooting was absolutely awful in truth the whole game their shooting was school boy stuff, looks like they will need a miracle to qualify
Moorefield did have an advantage that they played a competitive game (the league final) a few weeks ago but even so the deterioration in Celbridge was striking!.

The huge break in competitive action because of Kildares success hasn't helped a lot of teams either, something that shouldn't be allowed happen again regardless of the success of the seniors?
sweeney caused serious problems for ceilbridge he better suited in full forward than midfield
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Its sad that after some great games over the weekend we're back to having to talk about refereeing again.But its a major problem that nobody in the Gaa seems to wants to solve.

Similiar incidents at the weekend in the Towers-Athy game.Darroch mulhall and the other Athy lad who takes the free's got awful abuse,also a heatbutt was given to athy no 5 and everyone except the umpires seemed to see it although it was right in front of them.I have no doubt they saw the incidents but didnt tell the ref.In fairness to the ref he knew something happened but couldn't do anything about it...once again its the umpires who are the problem.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Does anyone know if Conway palyed for Nurney?
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:40 pm

supersub wrote:
Its sad that after some great games over the weekend we're back to having to talk about refereeing again.But its a major problem that nobody in the Gaa seems to wants to solve.

Similiar incidents at the weekend in the Towers-Athy game.Darroch mulhall and the other Athy lad who takes the free's got awful abuse,also a heatbutt was given to athy no 5 and everyone except the umpires seemed to see it although it was right in front of them.I have no doubt they saw the incidents but didnt tell the ref.In fairness to the ref he knew something happened but couldn't do anything about it...once again its the umpires who are the problem.

The gospel according to Glen again was it???
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:55 pm

round 4 draw live on kfm from 7.00pm tonight

junior championship next friday night

intermediate championship next saturday at 2pm

senior championship next saturday at 5.30pm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:03 pm

kildarecat, is there anything in Kildare GAA that you are happy with? (Besides wanting to father a child for each and every moorefield player) afro

Seriously?

What system would you propose, we cannot go back to straight knockout?

Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:10 pm

flourman wrote:
Does anyone know if Conway palyed for Nurney?

There were a few conway's playing but I assume you mean Mikey, no he didn't. He was on the sideline and didn't have too much trouble moving up and down the line but he wasn't togged out to play or anything like that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:17 pm

Draw at 7pm tonight, Its and Open draw again, can you get a team you played in the very first round?
It will be very messy trying to keep teams apart that have already met.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:24 pm

There should be a bit of excitement iin the last round but wouldn't there be more if there was any benefit to finishing 1st as opposed to finishing 8th?

Teams like moorefield, sarsfields and laurence's have nothing to play for this weekend but they would have if the draw for the quarter final was seeded depending on finishing position.

As it stands, 1st could play 2nd in the quarter final and 7th could 8th, how is that fair?

It could be a case that somebody needing a result is drawn against somebody like Moorefield or larries and because they are through already, they will play a weakened team. How is that fair to everybody? if there was any difference between finishing 1st or 4th or whatever then teams would have to put full strength teams in all games and we'd have a fairer championship.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:18 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
Draw at 7pm tonight, Its and Open draw again, can you get a team you played in the very first round?
It will be very messy trying to keep teams apart that have already met.

You can't draw a team that you have played in the opening 3 rounds

Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:00 am

TheBigFullForward wrote:

Been to so lots of games this weekend and the one thing that stands out for me is how bad the referees are, particularly outside of the senior championship. There are lads who are reffing in the intermediate championship who have no business being referees any more, they are just too old.

I was at an intermediate game on Saturday, a great game, the best I was at all weekend. Between the two teams, there were 3 senior panellists and a host of under 21 and minor county players yet the referee had to be over 50 and understandly just could not keep up with the play.

The players deserve better.

Another thing that struck me was the lack of help that referees are getting from umpires and linesmen in these games. It can't be acceptable to have an untrained 14 or 15 year old running the line in a championship game, it's only asking for trouble. There was a huge row in another game that I was at today, which I felt was a result of the referee letting a number of minor incidents go. If you keep doing that eventually things will all blow up which it certianly did (I should mention that although one player was rightly sent off from that incident, it was mostly just pushing and shoving but it held up the game for more than 3 minutes). It's only a matter of time before somebody gets badly hurt in one of these.

Don't blame the 50 year old who reffed the game, blame the rest of us who are not prepared to take on the responsibility. Far too few people want to become referees and that’s the main problem.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:10 am

marcus wrote:
Don't blame the 50 year old who reffed the game, blame the rest of us who are not prepared to take on the responsibility. Far too few people want to become referees and that’s the main problem.

I wouldn't blame them. I used to ref a few underage games when I was younger and even that was a nightmare!!

I decided it was best to hang up my whistle after some 15 year old girl told me to fuck off!!

Hasn't stopped me abusing refs in my games though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:28 am

ElGuerrouj wrote:
marcus wrote:

I wouldn't blame them. I used to ref a few underage games when I was younger and even that was a nightmare!!

I decided it was best to hang up my whistle after some 15 year old girl told me to fuck off!!

refs arent supposed to ask for phone numbers...
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:40 am

Ha, very good!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:40 am

Loads of Pints wrote:
ElGuerrouj wrote:
marcus wrote:

refs arent supposed to ask for phone numbers...

lol! I'll have to wipe a mouthful of pepsi from my screen after that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.   Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction. - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 Club Championship - Draw, Results and Reaction.
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next