Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5 all star nominations

Go down 
+36
The Oracle
FearBan
bag of white
midfieldmaestro
daracill
carburyman
flourman
Fear An Geata
shortgrass
shoutitout
centreback
jj
if_in_doubt
Ogie
stanley
Sam1928
steviegenius
ripvanwinkle
tomcruise
Rex
gaaweb
analysis
KILL BILL
Highball
Lily8
GaaHead
Onhisboot
mrblobby
Stonecold
bloodsub
kickingking
lilypremier
hawker
Jimmy winning matches
browser
kartman
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

5 all star nominations - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:33 pm

As for player of the year they certainly think Brogan is a cert

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-football/footballer-of-the-year
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:52 pm

That price about Leper has been snapped up. He's only 7/2 this morning. You must have had a right cut kk.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:19 pm

16/1 was a crazy price on Callaghan getting one - if I had seen that earlier I would have take a bit of it - Laimhe and all Smile
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:00 pm

flourman wrote:
16/1 was a crazy price on Callaghan getting one - if I had seen that earlier I would have take a bit of it - Laimhe and all Smile

16's was a great price. Have a feeling Callaghan could get one. Was excellent against Antrim and think he was our man of match against Leitrim and Derry. Played well after that also
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Fear An Geata wrote:
That price about Leper has been snapped up. He's only 7/2 this morning. You must have had a right cut kk.

Had a few quid on alright. They weren't willing to lay a decent bet online but I managed to get on over the phone.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Of the 5 Kildare nominations, After JD, I think Leper is the one I feel was most consistent, and that is in no way intended to take anything away from Jimmers, Peter and Emmet
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:22 am

I agree there KILL BILL , I would have also said peter, he was brilliant in all of the games, he played.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:25 pm

When are the awards ceremony on?
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:43 pm

this Friday night
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:13 am

We should have at least three all stars come Friday nite.
Roll on Friday nite till i rud shoulders with the best in the country
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 am

Football team will be in Thursday's papers.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:40 pm

And the radio stations and websites on Wednesday evening
Back to top Go down
daracill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:29 pm

4.30pm today we will know who got allstars for footballers
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:21 am

This will be an interesting one alright. Usually the winning finalists get any marginal calls going there way. I think two all stars would be a huge success for the county.

I would give them to JD and Callaghan. Funnily enough I thought Flats was our best half back this year yet we have two All Star nominations in this position and he's not one of them.
Bolton started the year as a full back with disasterous outcome and Callaghan wasn't really a half back, we swept back at times but rotated more into the forward line. Overall he's had a great year.

Kelly has had a huge impact on the year too for Kildare. I really like his committment and determination in tackles and his marking ability but I think his ball handling and distribution needs to develop.

Here's hoping we can go a step further next year and we'd definitely have much more nominations.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:24 am

Morgan Flats was brilliant this year and last year but he's not flashy like Conway or Bolton so he doesn't get the same attention in the media. He does all the dirty work, getting on breaks and getting back to cover the full back line that goes unnoticed by the neutral but is really appreciated by supporters.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:52 am

I am praying that JD will get his just rewards at 4.30 pm today.I am very confident that he will be given the number 12 position. An absolute gent !!!

Best of luck to the other Kildare players also.
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:46 am

Any word on winners??
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:02 am

2010 All Stars

1 Brendan McVeigh Down
2 Peter Kelly Kildare
3 Michael Shields Cork
4 Charlie Harrison Sligo
5 Paidi Kiissane Cork
6 Graham Canty Cork
7 Philip Jordan Tyrone
8 Paddy Keenan Louth
9 Aidan Walsh Cork
10 Daniel Hughes Down
11 Martin Clarke Down
12 Johnny Doyle Kildare
13 Colm Cooper Kerry
14. Bernard Brogan Dublin
15. Benny Coulter Down

Congrats again
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:06 am

Dissapointed Emmett didn't get one.Well done to peter and Johnny
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:09 am

Bit surprised Jordan got the shout ahead of Callaghan. I would also question Cooper’s inclusion.

Well done to Peter and Johnny though. Well overdue for Johnny!
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:19 am

Canty is an absolute joke.McKiernan from Down must be sick.

Delighted that the great one got his just reward and well done to Peter Kelly on his great achievement.

Other than that , I think that it is ok and delighted that the great Benny Coulter got his award as well.Some forward line !!!!

Met Emmett Bolton with Marty Clarke in Limerick last weekend and he did not think that he would get one so he may not be too disappointed.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:21 am

Bit surprised, how the fcuk did Canty get an all star a joke they always have one shock in it also Cooper can count his lucky stars. I have to say I'm over the moon that Johnny Doyle got an all star a true gent and a super player. Fair play to Peter Kelly he had some year and deserved his all star to.
Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:31 am

Well done to the two lads!

Team is fair enough I suppose, we would like to have gotten 5 but with the two finalists only getting 4 each we were never going to get more than 2.

McKernan from Down is the biggest ommission for me though.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:39 am

Well done lads. Great news ! cheers

Have to agree I'd have picked McKernan ahead of Canty.

The Dubs only got one. Keith Barr will be sick. How many did he think they were getting ? 4 or 5 was it ?

Sunday Game panel managed to get 8 right. Well done lads lol!
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:03 am

Congratulations to Johnny & Peter, well deserved, some whirlwind of a summer for Peter Kelly, fair play., (not bad for a junior footballer!)
Biggest omission is McKernan from Down, John Galvin unlucky as well, also must be 1st time all ireland champs haven't a forward on the team
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 all star nominations   5 all star nominations - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 all star nominations
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next