Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread

Go down 
+56
hawker
if_in_doubt
steviegenius
abl
lilywhites on tour
bob12
shoutitout
stanley
Come on the Boys in Blue
kelf
lilypremier
overthebar
tomoneillandhissisteranne
tomcruise
rgb
Heraf
FearBan
The Giant
MD
flourman
peile
Square Ball
clonmullin
Fear An Geata
Lily8
learmus
Taibi
GAA_PUNTER
Flamingo
lastline
LargeFullForward
TheBigFullForward
hope
All White
the big cal
ChopperDalton
kickingking
sillycow
lomond
Rex
White Bridge
kartman
Muller
Ogie
GaaHead
rob11
Jimmy winning matches
Big Full Back
topcat
losthope
Haggisgolf
walsheman
KILL BILL
Admin
jj
lilywhite dancer
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:14 am

Kildare were thought a lesson all over. Very disappointing peformance. A lot of the lads looked very weak compared to the Dublin lads who looked physically a lot stronger than most of their opponents. No runs were being made by Kildare nor much enthusiasm. Hopefully they improve from this, disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:23 am

flourman wrote:
Well that game just about topped off a great week.

Terrible stuff - Dublin were hungrier, more physical and used the tight pitch well to tie our boys up between the two 45s.

Just a question Dublin were far more physical than us and literally bullied us off the pitch - Is this a Kildare team that are in Year 1 of development against a Dublin team in their final year. What I mean to ask is, are many of ours boys will be eligible next year?

Your question is correct ,most of that Dublin team are there 2yrs or more , and it appears this is year 1 for most of that kildare team , the questions to be asked are , Is the correct structures there , managerment team / development officers ?? were they doing the right things in the proceeding months ?? , as i found this uncharacteristic of a kildare team with the achievements in the last few years , they seemed to be so frail in the tackle , taken it ,given it and breaking it , or is it a case just bad fortune , the night that was in it , that things never got going ????
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Was at the game also and it was men against boys stuff.

A number of points :

1.Outside coaches are urgently required in this county to deal with and cut out the handpassing lunacy that all kildare teams carry on with but the minor team last night brought it to a new level.Crazy stuff.The basics of Gaelic football like kicking are not been coached properly in the county.

2.Most of last night's panel were from one club.Is that a good or a bad thing ? I do not know myself.

3.The Kildare forward line last night had to be one of the smallest ever to represent the county at any level.There was no size to any of them.

Only consolation and it is a small one is that Dublin are highly rated but that is by their own followers and I have fallen for that one before also.

Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Tom - I don't get your point number 2 there?

On the starting team - 10 clubs were represented.
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:50 pm

33% of panel were from 1 club, which is not good for building team
Not saying they are not good players but it is a team game
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Celbridge had 8 listed on the programme. I presume that's his point. Doesn't bother me if all 30 are from one club if they're the best in the county.

At minor level counties like Kildare have some fallow years and some years when the crop is rich. Often one will follow the other. Last year's team had magnificent individuals most of them in their last year at minor - the likes of Dowling, Cribben, Moolick, Hurley, Fogarty rarely come along in one batch. Not surprising to me that we were weaker this year. Having said that it was a very dis- heartening display last night. Don't want to get into specifics given the age of the lads and quality of the opposition.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Think you are looking for problems that don't exist Tom
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:07 pm

Crofter

Not at all. I was shocked that so many players from one club were on the panel given the size of our county.Dublin had a huge spread of clubs which I would expect given their population.

I assume that the minor championship in Kildare in 2011 is a one horse race.
Back to top Go down
sillycow
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:15 pm

there is no such thing as a one horse race in champ. clane,maynooth,athy,nass, could all be in with a big shout..
Back to top Go down
Square Ball
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Looking at the team that started last night
GK Celbridge

Full back line Maynooth Kill Clane

Half backs Athy Moorefield Kilcock

Midfield JTB Castledermot

Half Forwards Celbridge Celbridge Sarsfields

Full forwards Athy Athy Suncroft

Subs used
Sallins
Celbridge x2
Rathangan

Depending on the draw Celbridge are Athy are the two strongest in county and would be favorites to make the final.
Tomcruise not sure if you saw the minors play Longford and Offaly they kicked the ball brilliantly had great support runners and for some strange reason they stopped doing it last night maybe it was parnell park or change of tatics which did not work or a very good Dublin team as I have being informed by so many dubs today in work amazing where they all come out of when they win , that does not mean these lads have become such a bad team or players after one bad game.Again like last year lose one game out of Championship Meath lose first round now end up in Leinster final unfair system (noting against Meath or their Refs)
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 11:32 pm

Hard luck to the lads last night, but like others have already said this is only the first year at minor level for many of them. They kept the heads up and never gave in.

Dessie Farrell as far as I know has been with this group of Dublin players for the last four years, and playing such a fast and physically stronger team was always going to be a challenge. That Kilkenny chap at half forward had a stormer in the forwards.

Beaten by a better team, so full credit to the Dubs panel and management set up (was one of the McGee brothers on the line for them last night?).
Back to top Go down
Haggisgolf
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 1:17 am

On the night Dublin were the hungier side and their players handled the occassion better. Kildare as evidenced during their campaign and challenge matches are better than demonstated last night. However even if things had gone better I think Dublin had the more experienced team to win this game. In addition they have 4/5 genuine contenders for senior ranks. I would be encouraged that we have the potential in the younger lads who will be there again next year who were also our better players last night - O'Hagan, Brophy, Hyland and Kelly.

Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:11 am

I thought Egan had a good game,stuck to his man like glue.
Back to top Go down
carra2323
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 6:34 am

I thought Dublin were unreal last night, support play was unreal, they defended like the Senior team and broke with real pace. Took some very good scores.

I thought 4 or 5 of the Kildare lads played well and hopefully they'll learn from the experience for next year. Heads up lads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Minors 2011 - Official Thread
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6