Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kildare junior 2012

Go down 
+59
steviegenius
KFSAM
Sam1928
flourman
Cilldara_2000
Could'nt Trap Cement
lilywhites on tour
Bad News Baba
overthebar
Gaffer
champ
milltownmary
Onhisboot
oldspice
LilyWhyte
totalgaa
Lily8
tomcruise
bob12
Charlie41
murof
Frankel
lillyboy
shoutitout
wingback
fargo
butterfingers
BelieveToAchieve
abl
naked-lilly
if_in_doubt
parcel
Ohtoohtobe
blackandgold
totheline
Muller
ndog
patw14
Big Full Back
Athyman
lomond
topcat
lastline
kickingking
Loads of Pints
SeamusMurphy
ElGuerrouj
Ogie
Rex
ohluckyme
Fear An Geata
Botch
kelf
centreback
le hit in
Taibi
jj
walsheman
Jimmy winning matches
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:12 am

HAHA

....ha!

that is all
Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:20 am

"Junior" trials are in effect Senior trials. Anybody serious about making a crack at the senior panel or indeed the Junior panel (which is an achievement in itself) will have no problem with trials on Jan 1st.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:35 am

le hit in wrote:
"Junior" trials are in effect Senior trials. Anybody serious about making a crack at the senior panel or indeed the Junior panel (which is an achievement in itself) will have no problem with trials on Jan 1st.

If it is passed that Senior players cannot play at Junior intercounty level anymore well then its a fair assumption to make that these set of "Junior" trials are not Senior trials anymore in truth as only Junior and Intermediate players of this year can play.

I'd be of the opinion that it would be no harm in freshening up the Junior management team and starting with a complete clean slate if its the case that Senior players are not allowed play. Actually i'd be of the opinion that there needs to be new management in place regardless.
Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:40 am

Its not just Senior clubs that contribute to the Senior panel...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:07 am

le hit in wrote:
Its not just Senior clubs that contribute to the Senior panel...

Im well aware of that le hit in. But the whole dynamic of the Junior team will change if Senior players cannot play as it will no longer be the Senior B team therefore I cannot see it being taken as seriously by either the senior management or the County Board.

At one point this year the Juniors were training 5/6 times a week between the gym and hawkfield. Cannot see that being the case this year.

If you look at the team that started the All Ireland final v Cork:

Robbie Eyres Senior
Walsh
Fitzpatrick Senior
McEvoy Senior
Kelly
J.Doyle Senior
Tommy Arch Senior
Carew Senior
Dunne Senior
Murphy Senor
Moolick Senior
Ciaran Kelly Senior
Mulhall Senior
Meagher Senior
James Gately Senior

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:21 am

If we'd have won the All-Ireland this year (we only lost AET afterall) then none of the players that played would be eligible next year anyway. I don't think this is the big deal that some on here are making it out to be.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:25 am

think since confey were intermediate at the start of this year,there allowed to have junior players next year arnt they???use to be the case anyway
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 12:38 am

Yeah I think the Confey lads are ok.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 1:25 am

if a lad is serious about the setup he will be there ready to go on 1st of jan. i think this may be a blessing. i will stand corrected on this but i reckon there will be 2 or 3 new Peter Kellys this time next year. the team that played the all ireland final last year was full of seniors alright but i dont think that many have that "X" factor that some guys have. they are just naturally gifted footballers. if peter kelly was trying to make his break through last year it might not have happened because he would have being missed among all the senior guys. plenty of guys from intermediate and junior clubs that have great potential. lets hope it can be grown by management
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:09 am

but peter kelly made the step up when the junior team was full of senior players anyway, the last time kildare juniors was made up of inter and junior players i dont think any of the players made the break through
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:36 am

it seems like, Kildare will be allowed field players from senior clubs on the junior team again next year, Sardfields have had two players asked to attend trials, is any other club in the same boat?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:53 am

topcat wrote:
it seems like, Kildare will be allowed field players from senior clubs on the junior team again next year, Sardfields have had two players asked to attend trials, is any other club in the same boat?
maybe they not on the senior team or wont be on the senior panel,thats the only way they cud....and thats only maybe
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Both started every game in the championship for Sarsfields last year. Maybe they have found a loop hole, or else they are now going to use it just as a stepping stone for training purposes and the players from senior clubs won't be playing any games!!
Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:33 am

I agree with Topcat here.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 6:15 am

le hit in wrote:
I agree with Topcat here.
agree with what????
Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:36 pm

"they are now going to use it just as a stepping stone for training purposes and the players from senior clubs won't be playing any games!!"

That. I made a similar point a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:45 am

Any word on the junior trials, did anyone stand out or do well?
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:02 am

Danny o keeffe scored 5 points from midfield not his natural position, midfielder tall lad from sarsfield also shone.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:05 am

Athyman wrote:
Danny o keeffe scored 5 points from midfield not his natural position, midfielder tall lad from sarsfield also shone.

Prob Caoimhin McDonnell your on about there... He's being steadily rising with the Sash. Very honest type of player. Hope he does well with them.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:09 am

Very good player, great pair of hands and very quick for a big man
Back to top Go down
patw14
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:20 am

i seen a bit of them play before kildare played the u21s and after kildare game on sunday. dont think o keefe scored 5 points . he made some great runs with the ball but missed a lot. Has to get on Athy team before people can talk about him being getting a Kildare senior . is promising though. But Caoimhin Mcdonnell looked a good player caught some great balls but needs to bulk up. Barry Noone and Conor Herbert looked very good of what i saw in forwards and Bergin from Naas in backs. I thought seniors were not allowed play and did not see many from last years panel ! why is this?
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:28 am

By the way he did score 5 and missed 2 good chances, his time will come soon, I thought the standard of the juniors was poor, where is the team they had last year,
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:26 am

Athyman wrote:
By the way he did score 5 and missed 2 good chances, his time will come soon, I thought the standard of the juniors was poor, where is the team they had last year,

As it stands, senior club players not allowed play for the juniors. Kildare have appealed with final decision being made in Feb. I'd say that has a lot to do with many of last year's panel missing. Then I assume there have been a few who are giving it a miss this year and then remainder, Moolick, Kelly, Dunne, FItzpatrick, Browne etc are training with the seniors and then the likes of Mulhall, Murphy and that with the u/21's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:17 am

ElGuerrouj wrote:
Athyman wrote:

As it stands, senior club players not allowed play for the juniors. Kildare have appealed with final decision being made in Feb. I'd say that has a lot to do with many of last year's panel missing. Then I assume there have been a few who are giving it a miss this year and then remainder, Moolick, Kelly, Dunne, FItzpatrick, Browne etc are training with the seniors and then the likes of Mulhall, Murphy and that with the u/21's

I can tell you why a lot of last years panel are missing ElGuerrouj, because the set up is a joke from what I hear. Last year you had lads brought into the panel 2/3 weeks before the All Ireland final. I won't name names but we know who they are. Not only were they named on the panel for the All Ireland Final but some of them featured in the final at the expense of lads who had trained all year - 4/5 nights a week.

The Junior set up in Kildare in my opinion is a bit of a joke,partly because the team don't collectively train together because of the overlap of players that train with the senior team but mainly because of the management team involved with the whole set up. I won't say anymore on that subject.

You have 40+ lads involved with the Senior training sessions. This is because the seniors play matches and like to have 15 v 15 so with injuries and that there would be 40 involved, some of these lads (maybe 10-15) are also eligible to play Junior.

You also have u21's who are good enough for Junior also but are involved with the u21's so they are out at the moment.

Then you have Junior lads that are over 21 but are just falling short of being good enough for the Senior set up training to play Junior, but these lads need their training to be competitive and in order to play matches they need at least 30+ lads to play games. So they need lads to play matches and train with the lads to keep it competitive. There were at least 10/15 lads who trained with the Junior all last year that were cast aside for lads who were called into the panel in the run up to the All Ireland Semi & Final.

I know of one lad who walked away from the panel early last year and was asked back on the pretense that he was guaranteed a starting position. Sure enough he started every game.

If Senior players are eligible to play this is the way the set up will continue. There may be a rethink if it turns out that only inter/junior clubs players are allowed play.

Why would lads train or commit to training now if they know in the back of their mind that they will get a call in a few months being asked back to the panel. I would imagine not too many have given it a miss when the door is always open for them.
Its a no brainer, lets be honest here.

As far as i know very few turned up to collect their Leinster medal in Athy at the awards night. That says it all.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:22 am

There is a lot of hear say in the second half of your post there Fionn, I would contest a number of points you made but unless you named names which prob isn't fair, there is no way to argue it.

One thing I can pull you up on though, is the 15 who started the final, all of them were either involved from very early in the year, or else with the seniors or the 21's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kildare junior 2012
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next