Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kildare junior 2012

Go down 
+59
steviegenius
KFSAM
Sam1928
flourman
Cilldara_2000
Could'nt Trap Cement
lilywhites on tour
Bad News Baba
overthebar
Gaffer
champ
milltownmary
Onhisboot
oldspice
LilyWhyte
totalgaa
Lily8
tomcruise
bob12
Charlie41
murof
Frankel
lillyboy
shoutitout
wingback
fargo
butterfingers
BelieveToAchieve
abl
naked-lilly
if_in_doubt
parcel
Ohtoohtobe
blackandgold
totheline
Muller
ndog
patw14
Big Full Back
Athyman
lomond
topcat
lastline
kickingking
Loads of Pints
SeamusMurphy
ElGuerrouj
Ogie
Rex
ohluckyme
Fear An Geata
Botch
kelf
centreback
le hit in
Taibi
jj
walsheman
Jimmy winning matches
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
patw14
Junior A
Junior A

kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:01 am

yes it was poor i didn't recognise many of the players although i would only really recognise senior club players as there the games i see. why are the senior players in there then if thats the case elguerrouj. and i would say it was the other way around he scored two and missed a lot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:22 am

What part do you perceive to be hear say exactly ElGuerrouj?

I can pm you the names if you so wish. I think you know rightly that none of it is hearsay.
Back to top Go down
ndog
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:19 pm

On the trails, centre forward hannafin and wing back waters also played well
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:45 pm

fionnmccool wrote:

I can pm you the names if you so wish. I think you know rightly that none of it is hearsay.

The following I feel are hear say;

"There were at least 10/15 lads who trained with the Junior all last year that were cast aside for lads who were called into the panel in the run up to the All Ireland Semi & Final."

I'm not aware that 10/15 lads were cast aside. A number of lads walked away during the year alright. You probably have a point that it was a harsh that 3.4 players who had trained all year missed out on the SF/Final panel to new members.

"I know of one lad who walked away from the panel early last year and was asked back on the pretense that he was guaranteed a starting position. Sure enough he started every game."

Not sure who this was - pm me please

"As far as i know very few turned up to collect their Leinster medal in Athy at the awards night. That says it all."

The fact you've used the phrase 'as far as I know' pretty much sums it up as hear say.

Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:27 pm

dunno why yer being so secretive surely your allowed say barker missed most the season and played a part in the all ireland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:59 pm

ElGuerrouj wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:

The following I feel are hear say;

"There were at least 10/15 lads who trained with the Junior all last year that were cast aside for lads who were called into the panel in the run up to the All Ireland Semi & Final."

I'm not aware that 10/15 lads were cast aside. A number of lads walked away during the year alright. You probably have a point that it was a harsh that 3.4 players who had trained all year missed out on the SF/Final panel to new members.

"I know of one lad who walked away from the panel early last year and was asked back on the pretense that he was guaranteed a starting position. Sure enough he started every game."

Not sure who this was - pm me please

"As far as i know very few turned up to collect their Leinster medal in Athy at the awards night. That says it all."

The fact you've used the phrase 'as far as I know' pretty much sums it up as hear say.

Its not hear say ElGuerrouj and its well you know it not too. You know yourself fuck all people turned up to the awards night from the Junior panel.

There were more than 3/4 players who missed out on the Panel. Anyone who trained with the Junior panel up to the Leinster final all missed out on a chance to be named in the All Ireland final panel due to 3/4 lads who had not featured all year being selected. Maybe there wasn't as much as 15 but there would have been 10 lads in with a shout.

Over 30 lads were named on the panel for Leinster Final, 24 named for the All Ireland final, at the very least 6 straight away not counting injuries.

If you thought in anyway this was bullshit ElGuerrouj you wouldn't be asking me to pm you. But i'll humor you.

Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:59 pm

centreback wrote:
dunno why yer being so secretive surely your allowed say barker missed most the season and played a part in the all ireland

Barker did come in late but you can see why given the amount of backs lost on the starting team during the year (Scanlon and Lyons to senior team, Johnny Browne to injury)

Also, I think he only came on in extra time, when obv fresh legs would be needed.... I'm just guessing but I'd imagine there was 7/8 subs used that day.... not as if he was first one on?

There weren't many who trained all year and missed out on semi and final panel, the only two I can think of and they would have a right to feel aggrieved are Brian Bell and Mick Deegan.

The remainder would have left of their own accord at some stage during the year and that's why lads like Barker etc were brought in towards the end.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:27 am

Ndog,

Hanafin is not the same player he was a few years ago it is my opinion he has gone backwards
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:19 am

Only thing i can think of to knock Hanafin back is the few injuries. But this is a man who has sigerson and cork county titles. Colleges like UCC dont carry players unless there up to it. Still one of the most gifted young forwards in the county on his day. The important word there is young still has alot to offer i reckon
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:17 pm

ElGuerrouj wrote:
centreback wrote:

Barker did come in late but you can see why given the amount of backs lost on the starting team during the year (Scanlon and Lyons to senior team, Johnny Browne to injury)

Also, I think he only came on in extra time, when obv fresh legs would be needed.... I'm just guessing but I'd imagine there was 7/8 subs used that day.... not as if he was first one on?

There weren't many who trained all year and missed out on semi and final panel, the only two I can think of and they would have a right to feel aggrieved are Brian Bell and Mick Deegan.

The remainder would have left of their own accord at some stage during the year and that's why lads like Barker etc were brought in towards the end.
was at a few training sessions last feb and march and barker was there!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:30 pm

Sure Hanafin was flying for UCC last year and did his cruciate... we all know enough about the cruciates in this county now to know that coming back from that is not straightforward. But he was playing so well before it, that I wouldn't have been surprised if he was called up by the seniors.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:00 pm

barker started out done about 4 or 5 sessions then dropped out and came back just before leinster final man bear, i dont mind this happening just throwing it out there as fionn and el were debating the topic
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 7:42 pm

someone told me junior panel 2012 was in the liffey liar this week? Not around to get it, anyone care to post?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:52 pm

You see ElGuerrouj this is what I'm talking about with the junior set up in Kildare at the moment.

It's a bit of a joke. As it stands we don't know if Senior Club players are going to be allowed to play or not, if it turns out that they are what happens then? Do the Junior "managers" hold a second set of trials including Senior players, despite having an existing training panel as it is?

Why not leave the collective training of the Junior panel until after the decision from Croke Park until everyone knows where they stand.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Pretty sure they have senior lads down training at that minute. Wasn't Danny O' Keefe, Bergin from Naas and some Sarsfields lad mentioned prev in this thread as being involved?

I agree with you though, they should have prob waited until final decision from Croke Park before choosing a panel. I'm guessing if the decision changes (not sure how likely that is) you will see a few more senior players joining.

Take it you're not a fan of the junior management Fionn? tongue tongue
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:54 am

I looked again at the Liffey C having missed any panels when I first read it.

I cant find any panel in it so it seems ElGuerrouj u have been misinformed
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Just had a look myself, not so much a panel kelf but it has an article on the two trial games and then lists anyone who was at them;

Ciaran Henaghan (Kilcock)
William Clinch (Grange)
Sean Murphy (St Laurences)
John O'Neill (Confey)
Sean McEvoy (Clogherinkoe)
Justin McGloughlin (Sallins)
Mark Cornish (m'sterevin)
Karl Smith (Confey)
Wayne Farrell (Sallins)
Shane Bergin (Naas)
Graham Waters (Raheens)
Caoimhin McDonnell (Sarsfields)
Danny O'Keeffe (Athy)
Joey Kehoe (Confey)
Barry Molloy (Ardclough)
Brian Thornton (Kilcock)
Robbie Dunne (Clogherinkoe)
Barry Noone (Kevins)
Andrew Conway (Ardclough)
Gavin Farrell (Castledermot)
Derke Nolan (Athgarvan)
Darren Barker (Kilcullen)
Emmet Hyland (Castlemitchell)
Ross Carew (Kevins)
Conor Herbert (Sallins)
Seamus Hanafin (Ballyteague)
Mark Donnelly (Sallins)
MArcus Duke (Kilcock)
Stephen O'Leary (Kill)
Thomas McCann (Confey)
Mark Kelly (m'sterevin)
James Devane (Straffan)
Niall Conlon (Kilcock)
Kevin Murnaghan (Moorefield)
Jamie Lambe ( Kilcullen)
John Doyle (Ballymore)
Tommy Archibald (Ballymore)
Shane Darcy (Twomilehouse)
Aidan Casey (tmh)
Conor Feeney (Confey)

Article in Nationalist as well http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/tabId/205/itemId/13279/GAA-Juniors-still-in-the-dark.aspx
Back to top Go down
totheline
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:56 pm

heard the juniors played cavan on sat and alot o lads involved with senior team played including johnny doyle and mick foley. Do the juniors train with the seniors? Did Tony Kelly stay on as manager or is the senior management now in full charge of the junior team aswell? They seemed to be always sending in instructions to them last year from the stands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:15 am

Edited by Admin
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:54 am

To be fair to Tony Kelly, you could post the same picture for other positions of supposedly more influence within the county if you were being fair and not going for the easy target Tim. We all know what the junior panel exists for, they're part of the senior group.

The U21s are separate though. Not to mention the county board, who are supposed to be in charge of the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
blackandgold
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Easy to see Tony Kelly influence - 5 confey players on the panel and not even one player from the neighbours Leixlip. Nice work! Sallins, Kilcock have 4 players each. I also note other nearby senior teams like Celbridge, Maynooth dont have even one!! Towers dont have any and Moorefield,Sarsfields and Athy only a couple. Just seems again like an odd mix of players for the supposed 2nd team?
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

blackandgold, all the clubs you've name there are senior clubs. As it stands senior club players are not allowed play Junior for Kildare this year and I suspect that is why there are no players from those clubs. This is currently under appeal from Kildare. I think Confey are exempt from this as they haven't played senior champ in the last year (open to correction on that though)

Also, if Moolick doesn't make the champ team this year, he will be playing juniors as will Karl Ennis from Maynooth. Also Alan Keary from leixlip is on u/21 team so wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted in after that is over if senior club players are elligible.

A good few Leixlip players had been called down in recent years and very few stuck it out so it's not as if they are ignoring them.

If Kildare win the appeal, and senior club players are allowed play, I would guess the junior championship team in May will be very different from the squad quoted above.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Don't think it's particularly funny to take the p*** out of a volunteer like that from behind the safety of a fake name, regardless of that you think of his managerial abilities
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Yeah tony kelly has givin serious commitment to Kildare gaa for years. foinn has a serious problem with him.. Maybe he was one of the lads that got shafted outta the panel for the all ireland final... Or earlier in the year maybe.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Jimmy white wrote:
Yeah tony kelly has givin serious commitment to Kildare gaa for years. foinn has a serious problem with him.. Maybe he was one of the lads that got shafted outta the panel for the all ireland final... Or earlier in the year maybe.

Saucers of Milk all round.......!!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kildare junior 2012
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next