Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kildare junior 2012

Go down 
+59
steviegenius
KFSAM
Sam1928
flourman
Cilldara_2000
Could'nt Trap Cement
lilywhites on tour
Bad News Baba
overthebar
Gaffer
champ
milltownmary
Onhisboot
oldspice
LilyWhyte
totalgaa
Lily8
tomcruise
bob12
Charlie41
murof
Frankel
lillyboy
shoutitout
wingback
fargo
butterfingers
BelieveToAchieve
abl
naked-lilly
if_in_doubt
parcel
Ohtoohtobe
blackandgold
totheline
Muller
ndog
patw14
Big Full Back
Athyman
lomond
topcat
lastline
kickingking
Loads of Pints
SeamusMurphy
ElGuerrouj
Ogie
Rex
ohluckyme
Fear An Geata
Botch
kelf
centreback
le hit in
Taibi
jj
walsheman
Jimmy winning matches
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
blackandgold
Junior A
Junior A

kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:19 am

[quote="ElGuerrouj"]blackandgold, all the clubs you've name there are senior clubs. As it stands senior club players are not allowed play Junior for Kildare this year and I suspect that is why there are no players from those clubs.

ElGuerrouj - Moorefields, Sarsfields and Athy are all senior and they have players on the panel??
Like you say, if they win the appeal the panel may be different.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:16 pm

when do they find out about there appeal???
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:27 am

was the result of the appeal supposed to be decided last night. anyone hear the outcome. D day for alot of guys id imagine
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Heard a few people today saying that the decision was made on Friday night, and that senior players will not be allowed play for the juniors next year. Could be all hearsay though as no definite decision seems to have been announced yet?
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:43 am

No senior players playing this year the juniors are playing the obc final
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:59 am

id say it will be a mixed panel to be honest. likes of bolton, ken donnelly mcloughlin are sure to get game time under thier belt. cant see just the juniors being played in this as they prob havent had a game where JUST a junior selection was picked. usually a few bigger names in the pick with them. anyone know time of the game friday.
Back to top Go down
ndog
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:11 pm

if the juniors play on friday, anyone know what the team will be?
Back to top Go down
totheline
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:18 am

heard Jamie 'Chops' Lamb from kilcullen rejoined the panel last night. This is a massive boost to them as im sure Tony kelly was missing him greatly. I wonder will he start friday or he will he have to get to a certain fitness level first?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:29 am

Going on management past form I would imagine he will start the O'Byrne Cup final on Friday.

Did the juniors play a challenge game last night?
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:51 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
Going on management past form I would imagine he will start the O'Byrne Cup final on Friday.

Did the juniors play a challenge game last night?

Ye played Moorefield.Will be talking to one of the lads later and will let you know how it went
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:42 am

They won by 4 mick cactus Jack foley played
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:01 am

Any sign of Emmet Bolton?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:19 pm

totheline wrote:
heard Jamie 'Chops' Lamb from kilcullen rejoined the panel last night. This is a massive boost to them as im sure Tony kelly was missing him greatly. I wonder will he start friday or he will he have to get to a certain fitness level first?
i think its the other lads that will have to get to his fitness.....one of the fittest lads in there,that includes the senior team
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:10 am

No seniors allowed in junior squads
15 February 2012
Central Council have decided that Meath, Kildare and Dublin will not be allowed field senior players on their junior squad in 2012.

A meeting was held at Croke Park last Saturday and the Lilywhites join the Dubs and Meath as the three Leinster counties unable to field a second string senior side.

Kildare had done so last year, but for this year's campaign, only players from intermediate and junior clubs can be selected for the county junior team.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Heard a few of the juniors that were playing for Kildare against DCU in the final. Is the junior panel chosen yet or what?
And if they are is the squad all intermediate and junior players as it should be?
Back to top Go down
totheline
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:06 am

Botch wrote:
Heard a few of the juniors that were playing for Kildare against DCU in the final. Is the junior panel chosen yet or what?
And if they are is the squad all intermediate and junior players as it should be?

They are going to try keep senior players involved and make up a new competition that they can play in. Kinda shows they not really bothered about the 1st round of junior champ against louth. Would be good to have back up players to senior side though,but I heard alot of senior players not too interested in doing this so have gone back to their clubs.
Did the junior management have full control of the team friday night or was Mick Tobin wired up for instructions like he was all last year does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:34 am

totheline wrote:
Botch wrote:

They are going to try keep senior players involved and make up a new competition that they can play in. Kinda shows they not really bothered about the 1st round of junior champ against louth. Would be good to have back up players to senior side though,but I heard alot of senior players not too interested in doing this so have gone back to their clubs.
Did the junior management have full control of the team friday night or was Mick Tobin wired up for instructions like he was all last year does anyone know?

Well it just shows that they don't really care about the junior competition at all if that is the case. Only interested in feeding the senior team. The junior comp is for intermediate and junior players and most of those lads will probably never play with the senior team. In my opinion its a disgrace that now this comp is not important because senior players are no longer involved. A disgrace.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:37 pm

I would agree the junior team should be for junior and intermediate players , the Kildare management should take this level seriously , you can't blame the senior players going back to there clubs, if mcgeeney goes this year my money is on glen Ryan taking the job, he has served his apprenticeship and is ready for the challenge of managing Kildare , I hope he gets the position as I beleive he will make an excellent manager
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:10 pm

I'd doubt Glen Ryan would be interested in managing the junior team ha ha.
McGeeney has 2 years left on his current agreement & is a at least one cut above Glen!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Athyman wrote:
I would agree the junior team should be for junior and intermediate players , the Kildare management should take this level seriously , you can't blame the senior players going back to there clubs, if mcgeeney goes this year my money is on glen Ryan taking the job, he has served his apprenticeship and is ready for the challenge of managing Kildare , I hope he gets the position as I beleive he will make an excellent manager
i am working with one longford players he says glen is very popular in longford
Back to top Go down
totheline
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:14 pm

I dunno how winning an o byrne cup in 5 years makes Mcgeeney one cut above Glen!!! I dont like knocking people for the efforts they put in but as far as i can see Mcgeeney and his northern team have us crippled in debt! Yes we are now a top 5 team but is success at this level not based on silverware?? Mcgeeney has brought a super professional set up to kildare and i dont knock that. What I dont like is the way he seems to dictate to the county board and they say yes!!!!!!!! How many people know that Rainbow wanted the selector job but mcgeeney said no!!!! Rainbow has huge knowledge of kildare football and definately would not have cost anything like the new guy is costing!!!Tony Kelly has done alot of good work over the last 8/9 years as junior manager but since mcgeeney has come he cant sneeze but he has to ask for permission first!!!! Why was Tony not considered for the selector role?? We are the laughin stock over the seanie saga. Be interesting to see when mcgeeney allows the club championship start this year!!! This is just my opinion..not asking anyone to agree. I was probably Mcgeeneys biggest fan when he was playing..but as a manager who makes that all important decision on the line i have my doubts! All Ireland winners come from Div 1....where have kildare been the last 5 years???
Back to top Go down
butterfingers
Intermediate
Intermediate
butterfingers

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:28 pm

You've hit the nail on the head totheline!! I think he is a great trainer of men but a shocking bad team selector.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:35 pm

A ha ha ha ha ha ha so the cb debt is down to McGeeney? I recall a championship final Played in December when Micko was here, not too many complained then.
I bet you were bitching about Crofton 4 years ago when we made the league final, got promoted to division 1 but got humiliated in championship, beaten out the gate by Derry by 15 points.
I don't know Tony Kelly & have no axe to grid with him. But if you are so bitter of his non selection by Geezer, should we assume you were equally as bitter at Padraig Nolan & John Crofton for
not choosing him?
McGeeney had the cheek to refuse Rainbow a selectors job? How fricken dare a manager want to choose his own selector, unbelievable.

I agree that some of his calls on the line haven't always been great. But our current rating as a top 4-10 team in the country is down to this current management team. You refer to the cost of "this new guy". How do you know what he's costing?

Amazing how this type always crawl out of the ditches at this time of the year...

Last edited by BelieveToAchieve on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
totheline
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:46 pm

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
A ha ha ha ha ha ha so the cb debt is down to McGeeney? I recall a championship final Played in December when Micko was here, not too many complained then.
I bet you were bitching about Crofton 4 years ago when we made the league final, got promoted to division 1 but got humiliated in championship, beaten out the gate by Derry by 15 points.

Re read my post.....i said it was my opinion!!! and to answer your question yes I do put 90% of that debt at his door. And our own county board delegate has said its widely accepted that the debt is down to the running of the senior and junior teams!! Travelled to Monaghan to support the team...cost me few quid with diesel food entrance in etc all which i was happy to pay as i expected a backlash to the loss against tyrone....what i got was a team who looked tired and couldn kick ball over bar due to fatigue. I then heard they trained heavy on the day before so how could they perform well. It just makes ya feel cheated out of hard earned money which i would rather have saved and went and supported them when they were fresh.
In a lower grade longford might be but they fought tooth and nail to keep Glenn. Did you ever watch him play for kildare?? I feel not...a man that put his heart and soul into that jersey for his county and you question him??? Glenn brought an U21 team to an all ireland final. Kildare new selector is not doing it for nothing and a smart answer reply of unbelieveable a manager picking his own selector is childish...what i meant is why wouldn Rainbow be good enough??? A kildare man who gave everything to his county turned away when wanting to help get a team over the line. I think Mcgeeney has done a great job bringing this team to where he has...maybe someone like rainbow might bring him that bit further but for some unknown reason he always goes for a northern selector instead of choosing someone from within who would know the county scene and the players that would be worth a look.
Back to top Go down
totheline
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:08 pm

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
I don't know Tony Kelly & have no axe to grid with him. But if you are so bitter of his non selection by Geezer, should we assume you were equally as bitter at Padraig Nolan & John Crofton for
not choosing him?
McGeeney had the cheek to refuse Rainbow a selectors job? How fricken dare a manager want to choose his own selector, unbelievable.

I agree that some of his calls on the line haven't always been great. But our current rating as a top 4-10 team in the country is down to this current management team. You refer to the cost of "this new guy". How do you know what he's costing?

Amazing how this type always crawl out of the ditches at this time of the year...

ya might like to elaborate on that final remark???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kildare junior 2012   kildare junior  2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kildare junior 2012
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next