Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Development Squads

Go down 
+51
intheback
Dinny Breen
Gaa1928
fatherted
thelads
Dido
The observer
Midfielder
steviegenius
maccie
johnsmyth
Shergar
MrBinman
bob12
if_in_doubt
OutTheGap
nuxer
kildaregaa365
jj
Jimmy winning matches
kelf
makcer
Fear An Geata
ChopperDalton
walsheman
flourman
Bad News Baba
Botch
lastline
Taibi
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
Big Full Back
tomcruise
TommyKeegan
kickingking
KFSAM
overthebar
lilly-exile
SeamusMurphy
murof
White Bridge
archie
Bān go Lēir
lollypop
lilywhites on tour
Come on the Boys in Blue
rgb
losthope
lillyboy
Kildare Castle
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:45 am

lollypop

While I have no doubt that your intentions are good and also those of the people working with the development squads , I would again point out that there is absolutely no point in these people coaching the young players when they are simply passing on what they were thaught when they were young and has not worked for over 100 years in the county.For the same reasons that we brought in an outside manager , we need to bring in outside coaches.

The problems were there for all to see yesterday and for that reason , this thread makes me angry as it is creating false hope that I have lived with for over 40 years.

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:06 am

That's balls Tom.

We need to break away from this obsession with outsiders in Kildare, the Johnston transfer being a perfect example. Whatever the rights or wrongs of it, we all know he'd have been told no by Gilroy, O'Connor or Harte. Speaking of Harte, look at what Tyrone have achieved at all age levels recently. They had a similar history of failure to ourselves and yet they're now considered one of the big guns. We have a greater population and it's not as if there isn't a great passion for football in Kildare. I'm open to correction on this but I think all Tyrone's coaches are natives and have been ever since they got their structures in place in the nineties.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:26 am

Tom, I can only assume you are a wum, you couldn't possibly be serious !!
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:32 am

Your spot on about the coaches in Tyrone KK, there all natives form clubs within the county and as far as i know we in this county are trying to mirror there coaching set ups with regards to development squads, counties like Tyrone, Dublin and Cork are doing huge work at this level.......take Dublin for example, Dessie Farrell has brought his present minor squad up through the ranks at development squad level and are sweeping all that comes there way.......Brian Murphys minor team at present came through all the various levels of development squads, so its obviously working having these U14 to U17 development squads, it is giving our county a greater chance of success at minor and U21 level in years to come....
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:34 am

tomcruise wrote:
lollypop

While I have no doubt that your intentions are good and also those of the people working with the development squads , I would again point out that there is absolutely no point in these people coaching the young players when they are simply passing on what they were thaught when they were young and has not worked for over 100 years in the county.For the same reasons that we brought in an outside manager , we need to bring in outside coaches.

The problems were there for all to see yesterday and for that reason , this thread makes me angry as it is creating false hope that I have lived with for over 40 years.

God TC will we also let all the counties that we're defeating with the development squads know that they are also doing wrong. Have seen the work of a few squads over the last few years and to be honest I can see they are really well prepared and isn't it important to get young potential players into the mentality of a county setup and improve each player to the max....

Last edited by Big Full Back on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:44 am

U17 development squad mentors are David Murphy, Sean Brilly Clane, John Lawler Ballykelly, )Mick Sheehan, Naas and Des Healy TMH
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:15 am

Coaching methods have certainly changed since I started playing so its not a case of 2 laps of the field and off u go. Each dev squad has a county coach in charge and the coaching is as good as anywhere , outside coaches have also attended seminars so I think it'd time we believed in ourselves a little, keep working on producing more skillful and mentally strong players and less time convincing ourselves we can't compete .
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:24 am

afro
tomcruise wrote:
lollypop

i think this thread is meant for comments on devolpment squads so im not commenting on the meath game .How someone could make such comments about a squad without seen them is beyond me . All of de above mentioned selectors are also top class club men and unlike yourself are doing something to change kildare football . Tell me what ur doin for kildare football ye clown
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Tom if it takes outside coaches to make a breakthrough then how do you explain the breakthroughs by Down, Donegal, Derry, Armagh and Tyrone in the past 20 years?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:38 am

Coaching has changed lillyboy, and the drills etc are far more complex now, the ability to keep posession is at the upmost in the coaching manuals, along with the fitness aspect. I have seen some of the pre match drills / warm ups, and I do wonder how young lads can play an hours football afterwards after 45 - 60 min warm ups,. The gas thing is I very rarely see the warm ups including kicking the ball over the bar, the most important and basic skill I would have thought??
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:51 am

In fairness TOM if it makes you angry to read this thread, best to stop reading it. I believe this thread was set up to keep people in the know to whats happening at underage. Its an honor to wear the white jersey at any age, and some people here want to know when matches are on so they can support if possible. I thinks thats brillant.
Also, from reading this thread over the last few months, you will see a lot of the results from the underage blitz are positive. Look back a page and you will here how the U15 split into two teams and beat two cork teams??!! A Cork underage panel which are suppose to have beaten all around them. How the U15 beat a Dublin team not so long ago, how the U16 team have won most of their games, and destroyed Laois last weekend. Surley our coaches are doing something right??

And are you also saying that players brought up through Kildare are not capable of making good coaches?? I think Glen is getting on ok!!!

Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:08 am

Seamus, I was making the point that coaching has changed . I agree with you that a lot of the warm up routines are over done and sometimes less is more.

Back to the topic, the development squads are set up to foster and develop talent and also create a sense of identity and pride in wearing the white jersey, results along the way are a bonus but certainly help create a winning mentality..

BTW 2 players eligible for the U/ 16 are part of the minor squad
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:34 am

Agree the development squads are a plus, and hopefully this will bear out V Dubs next Wed evening.
They must be 2 very talented Lads to be on the Panel aged 16, fair play to them.
I do believe that there at least 16 - 17 of the Minors underage next Year?
Heard from a good source that Tipperary Minors ( current All-Ireland Champs) had something similar last Year, and were using last Year as a stepping stone to winning the All - Ireland this Year, to their surprise they won it last Year also. No wonder they are hot favourites to retain it !!
Keep the posts going Lads, with fixtures etc. its great to know whats happening at underage. Yeah its not perfect, and it can improve, but its a hell of a lot better than it used to be in my Day.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:19 am

You can sing that Seamus, up until about 4-5 years ago it was an absolute joke
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:14 am

What a complete joke our County Board officers are, development squads were to train in hawkfield this morning and mentors were told it was called off due bad weather, which is fair enough one would say, even with all the pitches in there, you would thing that it would still be available, at least one pitch......anyway imagine my surprise when i drove by and seen the car park full........stopped and pulled into gateway to see what was going on, only to be turned away by security/ gateman who said that seniors were training all morning and nobody was allowed in......match behind closed doors for seniors on very same pitches that were unplayable for development squads.......now i have no problem with seniors doing whatever they have to in terms on of game plans and tactics, but surely hawfield should be open for all teams and no one team should dictate when every other squad use it......once more i feel CB got it wrong, after all its my club and every other club who are paying for it.....
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 2:55 am

dissapointed to hear that , the geezer strikes again
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:58 am

lollypop wrote:
dissapointed to hear that , the geezer strikes again

Pointing the finger of blame at the wrong place. You'd expect a manager to look after his own and get away with what he can in doing so. There is an overall power with responsibility for these facilities, and games throughout the county. The fault lies there. The worst thing about it is the childish lie.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:11 am

Your right Ogie, county board officers should never allow a county manager have that kind of power the more I see of our current crop of officers the more it becomes evident that they have no balls
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:25 am

What right have "the security" or anyone else to refuse anyone entry to Hawkfield?
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:44 am

More nonsense. I wonder how the co board would feel if clubs put up their security when the call comes for the €3500 per year. As far as I am aware the last time my club asked to use the facility for a night which every club is entitled to one a year we were turned down. It wasn't available we were told. I wouldn't imagine many clubs got their day per year from them. It's pathetic. I wonder did geezer or the co board offer the gym in k club to those young lads this mornin in loo of hawkfield. I doubt it. Probably trying out SJ and thats why it was a closed door job. No excuse for the lies though
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:54 pm

how bad is that? no reason why the seniors couldn't train/ play match in St Conleths, I know of 1 young lad who came back from the gaeltacht to train only for his parents to get a text on Friday evening that it was off.

Another PR own goal and again the tail wagging the dog
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:06 am

There was more than one lilyboy
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 am

Tail wagging the dog a long time now lillyboy. an absolute disgrace. could they not have let the development squad in question into Conleths?
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:41 am

Why the need for the lies though??
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Good to see the U15 and U16 development squads back training / coaching in hawfield this morning, even though it was a early start there was a good turn out for both squads.......and there was even room for the senior squad to tog out and have a kick about as the young lads were finishing up, great buzz about the senior squad, looking relaxed and ready for action. Nice to see some of them stop and talk to the younger lads as they left after there earlier coaching session.......good PR exercise there lads.......hope all goes to plan tomorrow and victory is ours......all fit and well i was told by selector N Carew.......CILL DARA ABU.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Development Squads    Kildare Development Squads  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Development Squads
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next