Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2020 Club Championships

Go down 
+55
Anyonebutthedubs
Hurlerbehindtheditch
GoDownOnIt
Kicking King
topcat
SplitThePosts
CantonasCollar
BearintheSquare
bloodsub
Curraghplains
CILLDara 1998
TheManInTheStands
fatherted
seamymurphy
Club fan
TommyKeegan
jim
lilysavage
Badger85
kildarecat
Taibi
lily4fr
TheBigDog#
jj
PMA
DONTPULLOUT
intheback
Sorrynotsorry
GaaBoi
Flamingo
Rex
kevhog88
upforyourballmeman
jemser
murof
Ohtoohtobe
TheGeneral
Misneach
lomond
Bigfullforward
TopOfTheLeft
racer
eadestown1
jobluts
wingback
Ogie
white boy
totalgaa
captainautumn
All down the line
county-minor
Kildare98
lilywhites on tour
OutTheGap
jimmers
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 10:18 pm

Bold words.

CantonasCollar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sorrynotsorry
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 6:10 am

Simple facts are that referees are human and decisions are taken on spur of the moment. Yes I watched via streaming and some frees looked harsh but as David Gough once said there is no such thing as soft frees they are either frees or they are not. The referees for these match as far as I know have to have all their assessments up to date and have passed both rules and fitness test so really I'm sure every club have their own opinions on who are the top referees in the county. I am by no means an apologist for referees however the level of personal abuse being thrown about on social media regarding this referee and his performance on matchday is really distasteful and does nothing to enhance the GAA.
Back to top Go down
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 6:20 am

Sorrynotsorry wrote:
Simple facts are that referees are human and decisions are taken on spur of the moment. Yes I watched via streaming and some frees looked harsh but as David Gough once said there is no such thing as soft frees they are either frees or they are not.  The referees for these match as far as I know have to have all their assessments up to date and have passed both rules and fitness test so really I'm sure every club have their own opinions on who are the top referees in the county.  I am by no means an apologist for referees however the level of personal abuse being thrown about on social media regarding this referee and his performance on matchday is really distasteful and does nothing to enhance the GAA.

There’s nothing wrong with people calling out a refs performance especially if it’s a biased performance. And there’s a serious issue with that in Kildare. I’d like to know if refs in Kildare have their performances reviewed?

TheGeneral likes this post

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 6:55 am

CantonasCollar wrote:
Sorrynotsorry wrote:
Simple facts are that referees are human and decisions are taken on spur of the moment. Yes I watched via streaming and some frees looked harsh but as David Gough once said there is no such thing as soft frees they are either frees or they are not.  The referees for these match as far as I know have to have all their assessments up to date and have passed both rules and fitness test so really I'm sure every club have their own opinions on who are the top referees in the county.  I am by no means an apologist for referees however the level of personal abuse being thrown about on social media regarding this referee and his performance on matchday is really distasteful and does nothing to enhance the GAA.

They are assessed but who assesses them is the question . Where is Ray Kelly this year? No sign of him whatsoever and always thought he was one of the best and fairest around

There’s nothing wrong with people calling out a refs performance especially if it’s a biased performance. And there’s a serious issue with that in Kildare. I’d like to know if refs in Kildare have their performances reviewed?
Back to top Go down
Sorrynotsorry
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 7:10 am

Yes I have no problem with questioning a referees performance in a game but spouting statistics out of context without analysing each free separately is not correct and neither are personal attacks which is what I take exception to.
There are a panel of referees assessors in the county as far as I know but I'm not sure what the criteria to get a semifinal or final is. Like I said earlier each club I imagine would differ with regards to who they think is the best referee in the county.
Back to top Go down
TheBigDog#
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 7:25 am

Niall Colgan down to ref the county final,another one for him

seamymurphy likes this post

Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 8:54 pm

Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 9:17 pm

Just on this, Celbridge are unhappy with the performance of the referee, that is fair enough, is there a formal process within the GAA that can be gone through to make an official complaint re the officiating of a game or does it have to be blasted over the media, I see there is an interview with a Celbridge selector on the back of the independent today.

Just feel if there is a formal process to go through it would be much better that what is currently going on including the possible withdrawal of services to the county panel.

Just to add the result of the formal process should only be made available to the club and the referee in question.
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 9:36 pm

Rewatched the game after reading some comments on here and ref was poor i counted 6 soft frees 4 resulted in points the others were further out.
Plenty of other frees are borderline but have been given by plenty of refs in games.
2 things jumped out watching it the second time though the Celbbridge lads weren't questioning the decision...strange considering whats being said about them now.
The second was Celbridge shooting after the got the goal was shockingly bad 4 shots 3 wides 1 into keepers hands and from some terrible angles/distance...no composure.

The match is still available to watch on the same stream if anyone wants it....

intheback and seamymurphy like this post

Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 9:48 pm

DONTPULLOUT wrote:
Rewatched the game after reading some comments on here and ref was poor i counted 6 soft frees 4 resulted in points the others were further out.
Plenty of other frees are borderline but have been given by plenty of refs in games.
2 things jumped out watching it the second time though the Celbbridge lads weren't questioning the decision...strange considering whats being said about them now.
The second was Celbridge shooting after the got the goal was shockingly bad 4 shots 3 wides 1 into keepers hands and from some terrible angles/distance...no composure.

No composure.....you summed it up perfectly.

Gaa1928 and seamymurphy like this post

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 1:22 am

DONTPULLOUT wrote:

So what constitutes a soft free, you think its soft, maybe someone else thinks its a stonewall free?
Some refs dish out yellow cards for sport others are more lenient.

Yes the free count was lopsided but was it lopsided for a reason, maybe Moorefield were putting more pressure on so got more frees.

But why actually look for the reason why Moorefiled got more frees than Celbridge when you can instantly grab the pitchforks and torches guilty before proven innocent!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 2:33 am

kildarecat wrote:
DONTPULLOUT wrote:

So what constitutes a soft free, you think its soft, maybe someone else thinks its a stonewall free?
Some refs dish out yellow cards for sport others are more lenient.

Yes the free count was lopsided but was it lopsided for a reason, maybe Moorefield were putting more pressure on so got more frees.

But why actually look for the reason why Moorefiled got more frees than Celbridge when you can instantly grab the pitchforks and torches guilty before proven innocent!

I might be accussed of bias here, but I knew after 10 minutes Moorefield were winning, even when they went behind I knew they had Celbridge and that goal totally against the run of play with a few minutes to play, I never panicked
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 3:03 am

So a team that gets more frees than the other its instantly ref bias?

Might be so damn obvious which it was in this case Celbridge were beaten by a much better team get over it ffs!!!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 3:13 am

Kildarecat, Celbridge are more than entitled to question the performance of the referee, not his integrity but definitely his performance. As I mentioned previously this should have been done formally rather than through the press.

Look there were frees given to Moorefield that I thought were not frees at all and could have been frees out for charging/over carrying but the ref on the day felt different.

Celbridge need to look internally at how they never scored again after taking the lead with 7 mins to play. During that time they had one great goal chance and also missed a 45. The goal would have saw them go 4 in front, 45 would have given them a 2 point advantage.

They also put a goal chance over the bar during the 2nd half so Celbridge did have enough chances to win but were on the wrong end of a couple of decisions that went against them.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 3:28 am

topcat wrote:
Kildarecat, Celbridge are more than entitled to question the performance of the referee, not his integrity but definitely his performance. As I mentioned previously this should have been done formally rather than through the press.

Look there were frees given to Moorefield that I thought were not frees at all and could have been frees out for charging/over carrying but the ref on the day felt different.

Celbridge need to look internally at how they never scored again after taking the lead with 7 mins to play. During that time they had one great goal chance and also missed a 45. The goal would have saw them go 4 in front, 45 would have given them a 2 point advantage.

They also put a goal chance over the bar during the 2nd half so Celbridge did have enough chances to win but were on the wrong end of a couple of decisions that went against them.

Any chance that the paltry 13 frees Celbridge got were in the soft bracket or was it only the Moorefield frees were soft,?

Moorefield never missed a thing, only Celbridge missed what game were you watching?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 3:35 am

That’s what I said Celbridge missed two good goal chances and kicked a 45 wide, 2 of those chances came after Celbridge had hit the front.

Celbridge only got 3 scoreable frees and I don’t remember thinking at the time that they were dubious/soft whereas I did think that of a few of the Moorefield frees. You are right Moorefield were extremely efficient in front of goal and missed very little if anything, another reason as to why they got over the line.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 3:39 am

Funny why did I watch that match and know Moorefield were going to win?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 3:46 am

Because Celbridge have a dreadful record v Moorefield and Moorefield have an incredible culture established over the last 20 years or so whereby they refuse to accept defeat and never give any opposition anything soft.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 3:48 am

kildarecat wrote:
Funny why did I watch that match and know Moorefield were going to win?

Personnally I thought Moorefield lorded most of the ball, but the pich forks might disagree
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 4:05 am

I thought they were soft because the contact looked like been more from moorefield attackers than from defenders tackles or very lttle contact at all.

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 4:07 am

topcat wrote:
Because Celbridge have a dreadful record v Moorefield and Moorefield have an incredible culture established over the last 20 years or so whereby they refuse to accept defeat and never give any opposition anything soft.

Moorefield have suffered some incredible defeats by ref, a Moorefield supporter struck out at the ref after giving a dodgy decision, the following year even the Portaloise fans were embarrassed, lost by 2 pints down to 14 men and saddled by ref
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 6:42 am

I think the Moore fans should stop with the bull that somehow they have gotten a bad ride by refs over the years.we all know that's lies.

Celbridge fans should stop with the bull that they always get a raw deal in moorefield games and just go out and win one. Jesus how much motivation do ye need.

lilysavage, DONTPULLOUT and GoDownOnIt like this post

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 8:51 am

Email from County board tonight on recent comments online on refs. Fairly threatening to any club member found not respecting officials. Clubs will be punished
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 8:01 pm

Botch wrote:
Email from County board tonight on recent comments online on refs. Fairly threatening to any club member found not respecting officials. Clubs will be punished

I hope the county board issue another statement this morning on the text from a ref, who is to be busy this weekend, on their WhatsApp group. It certainly calls into question the county board push for fairness and integrity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 8:14 pm

Care to elaborate JJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2020 Club Championships
Page 21 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next