Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McGeeney & County Board close to deal.

Go down 
+33
Flamingo
archie
Ohtoohtobe
lastline
Come on the Boys in Blue
parcel
egocentric
tomcruise
nuxer
shortgrass
murof
Ogie
flourman
KILL BILL
losthope
kelf
kickingking
jim
steviegenius
Botch
Loads of Pints
BelieveToAchieve
Stonecold
swingfly
ripvanwinkle
topcat
lillyboy
Taibi
SeeTheStars
overthebar
Athyman
Bad News Baba
Jimmy winning matches
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:39 am

Stonecold wrote:
Quote :
No offence lads , maybe i picked it up wrong??? But some posters say Geezer was been eyed up for the Dublin Job , he wouldnt get within a asses roar of the job to put it politely , and i dont think Gilroy would take the Kildare job either !!
And you know them facts because?? They are both shrewd business men.

It depends on your opinion of shrewd business men , I put it to you , Gilroy done it for the love of the game and county and took very little or nothing , has made Progress year in year out all be it from the gutter to the promiseland , I can tell you unless there is a connection outside the pale its rare you see a ex dublin manager , manage outside in other counties, i would assume they have achieved there goal of managing there county and that is more than enough.

McGeeney has the hand out and has yet to produce the goods that good hard earned money has been amassed by many struggling clubs in the county , I fail to see the return after 5 yrs of the same monotony , I think kildare are been short changed ,duped , and deserve more for the sake of all the hard working clubs who Fund this incumbant , I think the game is up ,and he is only prolonging the inevitable , and as a whole doing a disservice to all hard working clubs , and as shrewd business men/women of stuggling clubs , in business you tend to dispose of assets or lead personel which are not pulling there weight and devaluing your product or company , because if your not shrewd your product becomes devalved and who wants that !!

To be honest and to give a examples, if a manager cant produce after 5 yrs it aint going to happen , ie Caffery , Lyons , Carr , Whelan, at least they know when the game is up and do the right thing for the good of the county , step aside , the same can be said of many other counties and there managers,

Quote :
and to be honest we have enough people within our ranks more than capable of taken the job without going outside the county in regards to Football anyway
Unlike Kildare

Well who is willing to step up to the plate and declare it Publically , I can say I have not heard with any certainty anyone willing to grab the nettle , I put it to you , name these Kildare incumbants , because they are staying very quite indeed ,

Quote :
Back to topic as such , Either Geezer Needs makes some radically changes in tactic's style , play , personel on field and off field or its going to be predictiable as always , its just going to be the same old same old !! as it has been for the last 5 years
Wow and I thought we made serious progress up until June this year. Only thing I think is missing is making decisions in the heat of battle.

Would you not be of the opinion that there is breakdown in systems ,tactic's , players which would give the perception of things have gone stale after 5 yrs of the same rigmaroll, sure you have to concede there is deadwood on the current panel , and there is a strong case that current incumbants on the starting 15 are not up to standard , surely

Remember its lost on the field and if the sideline doesnt react what does that tell you , Geezer is tactical inept and has no plan B C D , and if the working 15 are not function and those on the panel , it wouldn't matter if JOC , MH or PG was on the side lines ,it doesnt change the fact , that the wrong players are selected on the field and the panel , 5 yrs the same crew boot up , during /after 5 yrs surely any manger worth his salt would say this crop is not working i must shake it up.

If Div2 title and a OB cup final is serious progress , then there lies the heart of the problem , I would expect more TBH , yes progress has been made to some degree in regards to getting to 1/4 finals & semi , but why stop there ,Is ambition not a driving force !! , are you saying you happy with you lot and this is progress , to repeat there lies the heart of the problem. Sorry maybe I am been too ambitious but progress in my book is take the next step year upon year , and not to be happy or content with underachievement , have donegal taken this attitude from last year Rolling Eyes , No they looked at themselves addressed where to improve and brought on more players to the set up , added a new string to there bow

Quote :
but you can make a silk purse out of a old sow's ear
2 class forwards and 13 greyhounds is whats needed to win Sam, Dublin have proved it and Donegal are about to.

Would you not credit having a solid defence has having nothing to do with our or donegals achievements , movement running and direct ball into the forward line , i will admit having a forward line that click most days is a great asset , yes i see your point here in your adage above , but unless you score you running nowhere , like donegal last year Rolling Eyes , and to be honest to remind you Progress is the ingredient to success , winning provincial titles on your way helps some years, are your seriously telling me that kildare can find "2 class forwards and 13 greyhounds" who will work,tackle hard when the need arises , remember Tackling been the most improtant not just against the Carlows Meaths Sligos But the Corks Dublins Donegals Kerrys

Quote :
change is enevitable and the county has to bring in youth now or face many year been cuaght back at square one
Well he has and thats plain to see, but are the qulaity players there is the question I'd be asking.

Simply YES a change in personel is required to freshing things up , cream will always rise to the top , is the quality of player there , maybe in some sectors , not all , and thats what needs to be addressed , maybe we agree on this point , i do think there are more quality players to be found which are undiscovered in the club structure , some will suit situation , depending on the opposition and some wont , thats a nut that needs to be cracked , that can only be done by regular trials during the league / championship season

So plenty of generalisation and WUM comments.

I stand by my original points , there are not meant to offend as I have said its a opinion , if you want to percieve them as WUM comments that your privilage , but you haven't answered my assertion "if a poster doesn't tow your political line there wrong your right !! sure condescension is your form of wit with everyone here " yet again some of your replies potrays this Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:08 am

Vodafone I'd like to question you on the silk purse sows ear analogy.

I would suggest that Gilroy made a silk purse out of a sows ear with Dublin. They bottled several games prior to him landing the AI in 2011.

I don't think I need to back up that assertion with any facts because you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:16 am

I think your reply speaks volumes about my assertions and you bit down hard on the bait, didn't take a whole lot for you to show your true colours.

Regarding me towing my political line comment I haven't a clue what yer on about. Its a forum you can have your opinion but don't try and butter it up as something it's not.

Deal with the facts not with the sensationalisms.
Back to top Go down
egocentric
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:26 am

Vodafone2012...

finally someone speaking some sense on here! Very Happy

its hard reading some of the crap wrote by Stonecold!!the man hasn't a clue whats going on..
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:30 am

egocentric wrote:
Vodafone2012...

finally someone speaking some sense on here! Very Happy

its hard reading some of the crap wrote by Stonecold!!the man hasn't a clue whats going on..

Hhahaha its Minime or in this case Minivodafone2012

You never replied to my post about underage success leading to senior All-Irelands
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:50 am

hawker wrote:

I would suggest that Gilroy made a silk purse out of a sows ear with Dublin. They bottled several games prior to him landing the AI in 2011.

So 4 leinster and A/I is Gilroy making a silk purse out of a sows ear with Dublin , I take that any day Wink
Bottling = definition 85 yrs of fear , now that would come under the guise of the silk purse sows ear analogy

I don't think I need to back up that assertion with any facts because you know what I mean.

Good man sparrow Another conscript of condescension is your form of wit
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:04 am

[quote="Stonecold"]I think your reply speaks volumes about my assertions and you bit down hard on the bait, didn't take a whole lot for you to show your true colours.

What bait ?? WTF are you on about , so I am correct , this is you debating , speaks volumes , siad it before , this confirms it "condescension is your form of wit " FACT !! 1. The act of condescending or an instance of it. 2. Patronizingly superior behavior or attitude. describes you to a tee

Regarding me towing my political line comment I haven't a clue what yer on about. Its a forum you can have your opinion but don't try and butter it up as something it's not.

Ref : above

Deal with the facts not with the sensationalisms

That's FRESH coming from you , without Doubt your a fully bonified clown Laughing

Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 6:05 am

vodafone2012 wrote:
hawker wrote:

So 4 leinster and A/I is Gilroy making a silk purse out of a sows ear with Dublin , I take that any day Wink
Bottling = definition 85 yrs of fear , now that would come under the guise of the silk purse sows ear analogy

Good man sparrow Another conscript of condescension is your form of wit

See you had an agenda all along with your original post. Stop hiding behind long winded pretend like you care posts and come out with what you really mean. Hate this beating around the bush bullshit. Not too fond of condesending bullshit from a Dub either. Bottling a game is losing a seven point lead against a team historically renonwed as bottlers themselves. I can rhyme off a dozen games that Dublin 'bottled' in the last 20 years.

I can only think of a handful of Kildare games over several years that they could be accused to bottling. They were simply beaten by better teams all along.

Now do some of us a favour and try and post what you really mean and stop hiding behind your few kind words towards Kildare GAA. Greeks bearing gifts and all that.
Back to top Go down
Duder
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:31 am

Who cares about bottling??? Yes Dublin have bottled games, much to the chigrin of all Dublin fans. However, this current crop of players have bottled little or nothing. Most of the current panel have been introduced to the panel post 2009, and the most noteworthy "bottlejobs" occured prior to that. The defeats to Cork and Mayo in 2010, and 2011 respectively were a case of the better side winning the game. A previous poster mentioned the 2006 defeat to Mayo, which is utterly irrelevant considering the tiny number of players still invoved in the squad from that day.

Dublin have won 7 Leinster Titles, and 1 All Ireland in the past ten years. That ignores the Promotion from Division 2 in 2008, and the successive O'Byrne Cup victories. I daresay Kildare would love to be able to boast a haul like that.

Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:40 am

Lovely just what we need another dub mouthing off.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:20 am

Duder wrote:
Who cares about bottling??? Yes Dublin have bottled games, much to the chigrin of all Dublin fans. However, this current crop of players have bottled little or nothing. Most of the current panel have been introduced to the panel post 2009, and the most noteworthy "bottlejobs" occured prior to that. The defeats to Cork and Mayo in 2010, and 2011 respectively were a case of the better side winning the game. A previous poster mentioned the 2006 defeat to Mayo, which is utterly irrelevant considering the tiny number of players still invoved in the squad from that day.

Dublin have won 7 Leinster Titles, and 1 All Ireland in the past ten years. That ignores the Promotion from Division 2 in 2008, and the successive O'Byrne Cup victories. I daresay Kildare would love to be able to boast a haul like that.

McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 22532342
Back to top Go down
Duder
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Taibi wrote:
Duder wrote:

McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 22532342

In fairness, a number of the resident Kildare posters decided to have a go at Vodafone about Dublin's "bottling habits". I was just seeting them straight in relation to the current squad.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:33 am

Add a minor title Wink

Come's with the terrority duder , it is after a Kildare Website , so in fairness if any of the dudes here (sorry) were on a dublin gaa site , i suppose it would be the same , but some poster here are the genuine article , in fairnss they offered there congrats in 2011 , so there all not bad Wink

And in the "spirit" of Tabs really !!! WGAF Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McGeeney & County Board close to deal.
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7