Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McGeeney & County Board close to deal.

Go down 
+33
Flamingo
archie
Ohtoohtobe
lastline
Come on the Boys in Blue
parcel
egocentric
tomcruise
nuxer
shortgrass
murof
Ogie
flourman
KILL BILL
losthope
kelf
kickingking
jim
steviegenius
Botch
Loads of Pints
BelieveToAchieve
Stonecold
swingfly
ripvanwinkle
topcat
lillyboy
Taibi
SeeTheStars
overthebar
Athyman
Bad News Baba
Jimmy winning matches
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:06 pm

So its about apportioning blame rather than finding the actual reasons why it happend and putting systems and checks in place so that it doesn't happen again. Blame game and pointing fingers is easy, hell we all do it here and we're all armchair experts, but somebody actually getting to the root of the problem and addressing that isn't easy but it needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:14 pm

€170,000 spent on the hurlers? That's crazy money spent on a team that's not even competing for the Liam McCarthy Cup and draw crowds in the region of 100-300.

Last edited by Taibi on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
egocentric
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Its all coming together! Very Happy

Jason Ryan quits as Wexford manager, now I pray Geezer falls out with county board.

KILL BILL it was a shocking year for Kildare football.

We're not a team in transition or anything we had the same set up, same group of players and we were expected to finally produce some results at the business end of championship. FAIL
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Sorry typo, hurlers cost 107,000. Not as bad.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:02 pm

That is still quite a bit for a team that was finished before the end of June, pretty much €18,000 a month? I know that is less than half the footballers bill but still seems excessive given that they were not given their free pair of boots this year.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:47 am

tomcruise - firstly - apologies for the comment, no offence intended. on the issue of blame it is not the best choice of word, it;s my opinion every player and member of the backroom staff did their best for Kildare to succeed, and we fell well short, but just throwing words around like 'fail' and ' blame' can be hurtful to many of the above group who broke their balls for Kildare. and for what it's worth I agree with you on the midfielders issue, and I dont have the answers. but I know enough of the people involved and the efforts they put it to hammer them with words.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:51 am

egocentric - tomcruise I can disagree with and I can see he has a lot of valid viewpoints even if I dont agree with them, you however - you're just silly.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:53 am

well I heard some of the hurling players did not get their travel expenses yet? Not stirring shit but if that is the case are teh figures incorrect.
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:56 am

How much did club Kildare pump into it?
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:14 am

Club Kildare gave 30,000 to the county board and paid 50,000 on behalf of kildare county board for other expenses. Don't know what these expenses are as it was not mentioned at meeting last night but a full report of accounts will be giving at county convention at the end of the year......
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:24 am

€100, €1,000, €100,000 or €1,000,000 it makes no odds as that is what they are there for. To raise money for All County teams. What would be interesting is if they contributed any of the €270,000 because if they did we far worse off than we thought and are wasting our time as we will never be able to compete with that level of funding.

See the stars you have gone from laying the blame for the €700,000 debt squarely at the door step of the Senior team (read you first post) to now using the total expenditure of all teams under the Kildare GAA banner.
Which is it, you seem to want to blame McGeeney but now the figure of €270,000 has come to light you don't know what to do.

tomcruise expects us to be competing with teams pumping up to a €1,800,000 into their County teams and then wonders why we fell back this year when the budget was slashed.

Like I said earlier in the thread, you can't have it both ways. You can't be successful on a budget, you either have to continue spending to keep up or pull the plug for a few years and throw your hands at it. There is no other way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:33 am

Club Kildare won't have to include their accounts at the AGM.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:17 am

The finances should be irrelevant when assessing the manager. It's up to the County Board to control the purse strings and balance the books, not the manager. The manager should be assessed purely on football performance on the field and results.

Has our football performance and have our results improved since McGeeney took charge in 2008? Undoubtedly, yes.

Can we make further progress under McGeeney or is the decline in 2012 a sign of things to come? Debatable.

Is there a better man available out there? Again, very debatable.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:23 am

First of all I think that we all go overboard when things are not where we like them to be, we should never criticise players who show tremendous dedication to there county, the manager is there to be criticised, if he gets it right he is a hero if he gets it wrong he is a zero. The question is are we good enough and do we have the talent to compete for an all Ireland, geezer has brought us from no where to the top 5 team in the country, can we break into the top 3? I do not know we may have to lower our expectation level. I would like to see Fionn and podge get a good run next year, and maybe try Moolick at mid field, what do other people think and are we all too fixated on how much we spend on our senior team.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:25 am

Completely off topic , but related in a small way Pat Gilroy is gone , so is Jason Ryan , So kildares chances of gaining a title shall go up in leinster anyway in 2013 , a few teams back to rebuild & establishing a markers in the province & for new managerment Rolling Eyes

I would say Jim Gavin shall be Dublins new Manager,

Back to topic is Geezer the way to go for yr 6 or is a change favoured by some clubs , hard to tell , but geezer is going to have to start from scratch with everyone in Kildare clubs ,as you are aware Cream will always come to the top , so a with few current incompants ,it maybe no harm for them to fight for their place again , and prove themselves once again !!
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 am

If he is starting from scratch then he should live at club championship games from here on. Games are won by good players who dig deep in the heat of c/ship football. Ya can train lads physically and mentally till the cows come home but 1st and foremost they need to be footballers. I understand geezers theory of commitment but some lads IMO are probably more committed than Skillfull. Maybe its not even skill but the natural instinct that good half back and half forwards have to be under breaking ball at the right time. All the hours on a training pitch won't teach that sort of thing. The same instinct good forwards have for the goal posts. I think we need to balance the squad with manufactured footballers/athletes and natural footballers and also that the natural footballer not be held back by a statistician who says he shouldn't shoot from here or there. Only an opinion and open to criticism.

If geezer was to go who would people suggest in replacing him. PAT GILROY would fit the bill. He was the brain behind all the Idea dublin sponsorship. Also a self made millionaire. Apparently a very astute business man. If not this year maybe next
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 6:38 pm

just to finally put to bed the whole money fiasco where mcgeeney was somehow being the fall guy, the seniors had a budget of 340k last year and only spent 270k. but that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Gilroy? Wash your mouth out with strong antiseptic, Lastline.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Pat Gilroy, mother of God.

Kicking King, in this County finances it seems is the sole reason to asses the manager, all you have to do is read this thread. Very little talk about what he could change on the pitch to improve things, instead we as usual have people focusing on the finances.
Apparently some club delegate got up at the Cb meeting and blamed all the money issues on McGeeney again. I don't know who it was but whoever he is should be named and shamed for gross idiocy when the figures are there in black an white. His club should sanction him in future so as to not make a fool of them.

afineyoungman, if your figures are true then instead of McGeeney getting a hammering by the usual spoofers he should be congratulated for coming in under budget, that however will never suit some peoples agenda.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Pat Doyle Eadestown
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 pm

That same individual is always shooting his mouth off at CB meetings. A lot of the time the chairman rightly ignores him and his like at the meetings. Theres another purple faced plum who sits in the corner every month and criticises evrybody and everything - all because his club mate was ousted from the CB a few years ago.

Theres a lot of the ant-Geezer brigade gone silent since these figures were publicised. I hope it makes them feel as stupid as they look!

Last edited by BelieveToAchieve on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Well it looks like McGeeney has been vindicated on the financial front and I have to say that I'm pleased for him. Now he has to vindicate his continued tenure by bringing something new to the setup, whether that is new players, new coaches, new selectors or new tactics. Continuing the same methods that clearly did not work this year wont be good enough next year. Personnaly I would like to see a new selector with tactical nous like Evans did with Meath this year. There has to be someone out there who lives a lot closer than Armagh. Anyway whatever happens I will still be there in the white jersey supporting them next year and I suspect most of the posters here will as well.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Gilroy? Wash your mouth out with strong antiseptic, Lastline.

Why not?? If we won it this year it would be with an outside manager so i dont see the relevence in which other county they come from. if you look at both CV's at present they are very similar. Both won All Irelands at county level. Both won All Irelands at club level but Gilroy has the extra bonus that he has managed a team to an All Ireland. I wouldnt be one to let pride get in the way of moving forward.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Am I missing something? Was McGeeney not ratified as manager for three more seasons 2011-2013. So there is nothing to be ratified here. Just a case of whether McGeeney wants to continue and he can agree with the board on the budget and other requirements. Or "administration" as the county board statement put it.
Back to top Go down
archie
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Lads,
The elephant in the room is CLUB KILDARE.
At an executive meeing our chairman said that figures given out by Co. Board do not include Club Kildare monies as Co. Board have no control on this.
(Our gateman was complaining at the number of people flashing Club Kildare cards at matches.
Obviously they have paid their €300 and are rightly have free admission but who knows how many people have paid and how much money is taken in..Co. Board lose out on the €8 admission.
Apparently the Co. Board don't know.
Does all Club Kildare money go on the Senior team???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McGeeney & County Board close to deal.
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next