Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McGeeney & County Board close to deal.

Go down 
+33
Flamingo
archie
Ohtoohtobe
lastline
Come on the Boys in Blue
parcel
egocentric
tomcruise
nuxer
shortgrass
murof
Ogie
flourman
KILL BILL
losthope
kelf
kickingking
jim
steviegenius
Botch
Loads of Pints
BelieveToAchieve
Stonecold
swingfly
ripvanwinkle
topcat
lillyboy
Taibi
SeeTheStars
overthebar
Athyman
Bad News Baba
Jimmy winning matches
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Footballing wise there simply has to be changes.

I would like to know did anyone involved with the county board with half an active brain cell ask McGeeney about his footballing plans for the coming season. What he plans to do differently to progress the team. It's quite evident that if we continue doing the same things, you will continue to get the same results.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:52 pm

FionnMcCool wrote:

I would like to know did anyone involved with the county board with half an active brain cell ask McGeeney about his footballing plans for the coming season. What he plans to do differently to progress the team. It's quite evident that if we continue doing the same things, you will continue to get the same results.

Such common sense may not extend to the CB??

I am not going to bash the CB but I do think they need to get more in tune with football in the county both at club level and inter county level... I really feel like they are rudderless at the moment. I would like to point at the following examples:
- the whole SJ affair, no matter which side you were on you have to admit the CB didn't cover themselves glory
- opening league game held in croker when we had home advantage
- the level of debt isn't a problem for me, other counties/.clubs have worse, its lack of a plan to address the debt
- the condition of Conleths is disgraceful and cost us another home advantage
- club players who on the county panel not being available to the clubs....

Yeah I know I don't see what is going on behind closed doors but I just got a feeling that they are going with the flow and won't stand up and fight and stand up for KIldare GAA
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:37 am

Ogie wrote:

So the previous poster who said the senior team spent half a million was inaccurate. As it happens, my understanding is that McGeeney wants the detailed breakdown publicised.

The very fact that the man is asking for these details to be published tells me that the CB are going to end up red faced again. As will a few in here who pedal their anti McGenney campaign at the first sign of the teamn playing bad. It was documented not so long ago that Geezer is responsible for bringing in quote a lot of sponsorship and business contacts. This detailed breakdown will be very interesting later on!

With regard to the CB/. Is there any chance that decent runners and riders could be found for Convention. Theres more than a few lads there who are far to fond of their own voices, yet do very little to improve football in this county.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:22 am

Good man BTA, always knew you had political ambitions....

I propose BelieveToAchieve for the position of County Board Chairman

Need a seconder please..... Anyone ??
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:00 am

I agree with some of the previous posters, we need a couple of hot shot graduates in marketing that understand the Kildare gaa brand and also know how to sell this brand to the multi nationals, they would be paid on a success fee basis, this could work we need fresh thinking and common sense approach to the difficulties we face at the moment. There are big sponsors out there but it is all about your approach and pitch to them Kildare Gaa is a strong brand and we should exploit this fact. If geezer is staying and his loyalty to the current players on the panel is the same how are we going to get some of the up and coming young players onto the panel, currently there are 7/8 21 to 23 year olds that should be on the panel, no point putting them through the junior panel as these players would get frustrated with the standard . Geezer needs to put these players on the panel after the champship.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:05 am

ballyboy wrote:
Good man BTA, always knew you had political ambitions....

I propose BelieveToAchieve for the position of County Board Chairman

Need a seconder please..... Anyone ??

That would be like making Eamon Dunphy Taoiseach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:46 am

Athyman wrote:
I agree with some of the previous posters, we need a couple of hot shot graduates in marketing that understand the Kildare gaa brand and also know how to sell this brand to the multi nationals, they would be paid on a success fee basis, this could work we need fresh thinking and common sense approach to the difficulties we face at the moment. There are big sponsors out there but it is all about your approach and pitch to them Kildare Gaa is a strong brand and we should exploit this fact. If geezer is staying and his loyalty to the current players on the panel is the same how are we going to get some of the up and coming young players onto the panel, currently there are 7/8 21 to 23 year olds that should be on the panel, no point putting them through the junior panel as these players would get frustrated with the standard . Geezer needs to put these players on the panel after the champship.

Athy man any one of those 7/8 21-23 year olds who believe they are above the Kildare Junior panel have no place in an Intercounty set up in the first place.

The Junior panel would certainly be a step up from playing club league games in April .

I'm not surprised given your username your opinion. Lads from your neck of the woods have always had thoughts above their station. We'll see can these superstars put back to back titles together in the coming weeks.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:52 am

It's very possible that the junior set up as we know it could go next year as part of the cut backs
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
Athyman wrote:

Athy man any one of those 7/8 21-23 year olds who believe they are above the Kildare Junior panel have no place in an Intercounty set up in the first place.

The Junior panel would certainly be a step up from playing club league games in April .

I'm not surprised given your username your opinion. Lads from your neck of the woods have always had thoughts above their station. We'll see can these superstars put back to back titles together in the coming weeks.

Would have to agree with you here, some of those Athy lads are way over rated and believe they are better than they are, ie your man Mullhall throwing a strop after being taken off in the U21 game against Offaly. Brian Kinehan is too slow to play inter county and O'Keeffe can blow hot and cold.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 am

Jesus lads ye are all out tonight, the 7/8 lads I am talking about are from around the county, Fionn our lads are the most down to earth bunch of fellas you could ever meet, and humble with it no prima donnas and play a brand of football that has won approval by most teams in the county, you are correct it will be very hard to win back to back titles, just because we gate crashed the champship last year does not mean we are going to win it this year. I may come across sometimes as promoting my club players and it may get up people's noses, but I firmly beleive that there are young p,ayers out there that should be on the panel, I stand by what I said the junior set up is a joke, we desperately need a good second team. I am a bit surprised at you Taibi been just down the road you should know some of our guys and understand that they don't have an opinion about themselves.
Back to top Go down
nuxer
Intermediate
Intermediate
nuxer

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:22 am

according to kfm , mcgeeney was not ratified for next years campaign..
one delegate accused mcgeeney of being the reason for kildare s debt..
there s another meeting on the horizon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:28 am

One thing I agree on is that the Junior Panel in its current format is a joke.

Because its neither a 2nd team or a Junior panel. To be fair the Junior panel gives lads a chance who may never get to play for Kildare at Senior level. In its current format you have managers/coaches/selectors who are completely detached from reality requesting players not to play with their clubs for a junior competition with no league format and no real appetite from top counties in entering a team.

You have players from Senior clubs training with the junior panel that are ineligible to play at that grade. This benefits no one. Not the senior players as they could and should be with their clubs. Not the junior panel itself because it prevents another actual junior player from being there.

As I've indicated with the Senior position. Changes needs to be made.
But I would gamble that the same faces will still be there in charge and I use that term loosely again next year.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:33 am

I hope geezer changes things around next year but I do not hold out much hope of changes been made.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:38 am

Athyman wrote:
Jesus lads ye are all out tonight, the 7/8 lads I am talking about are from around the county, Fionn our lads are the most down to earth bunch of fellas you could ever meet, and humble with it no prima donnas and play a brand of football that has won approval by most teams in the county, you are correct it will be very hard to win back to back titles, just because we gate crashed the champship last year does not mean we are going to win it this year. I may come across sometimes as promoting my club players and it may get up people's noses, but I firmly beleive that there are young p,ayers out there that should be on the panel, I stand by what I said the junior set up is a joke, we desperately need a good second team. I am a bit surprised at you Taibi been just down the road you should know some of our guys and understand that they don't have an opinion about themselves.

Not having a go Athyman. all 3 are good footballers but not good enough for Kildare IMO. I don't know any of the Athy lads but the impression I get from some of them is of arrogance.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:39 pm

FionnMcCool wrote:

I would say the approach has been changed most years. In fact I know it has in terms of training and preparation. And it has in terms of management personnel too. It's fair to say that what happened this year didn't work and they won't be repeating that. Go back to doing brutal in the league I'd say myself for starters!!

Anyway, here's a short piece on last night, including the fact that senior team expenses paid by the county board - separate to Club Kildare or whatever the players paid themselves - is €270,000. So that puts to bed any suggestion that the senior team is bankrupting Kildare County Board. That's why McGeeney wanted it out there - he said it to me in an interview before the championship that he wished the board would publicise the figures. I believe he insisted on it in the last week or two.

So now, while there will be further cuts - and the management and team are happy to pick up the slack by increasing their own fundraising - the board has to look at increasing its own revenue streams. Sponsorship is the first and most obvious way of going about that.

http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/blog.php?id=2270
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Taibi if you don't know any of our lads how can you make remarks like they seem arrogant, I know a few lads from your club and they are the same as the majority of club players in the county, good honest lads who give there all for there clubs, let this be an end to throwing in unsubstantiated claims that you cannot back up, and good luck to Nurney they are a great club.

Back to Kildare I would like for geezer to come out and state whereit went wrong and what are we going to do different next year, also I still think he is the best manager out there at the moment, would
Like to see Glen Ryan back next year .
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:49 pm

nuxer wrote:
according to kfm , mcgeeney was not ratified for next years campaign..
one delegate accused mcgeeney of being the reason for kildare s debt..
there s another meeting on the horizon

Whoever it was is a muppet, if McGeeney is not the man for the job at least have to balls to say it instead of trying to paint it up as something else.

Slightly off topic but its looking like Dublin, Meath, Wexford, Louth are all managerless and rebuilding....................
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:21 pm

€270,000 from a County Board for the senior team and we expect to win things and be competitive. Give me a break. The successful Counties CB's put twice that in at the very least. Yet we had the usual few on here blaming the Senior team for all the ills of Kildare football. Unfortunately for them the real figures are now out they are having to realise that they have made a fool of themselves and dragged the name of a dedicated bunch through mud and need to look elsewhere for their fall guy.
Shame on them.

Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Spot on Spartacus, well said.

Incidently where's our old friend 'egocentric' from a couple of weeks ago?, he must be getting damp patches now that Jason Ryan has become available....................
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:31 pm

The issue is not the expenditure, that 270K is for the senior football team for this year only, plus 170K for the hurling team, like ballyboy said the overall figure for this year is 550K for all the teams.

The issue is that expenditure is outstripping income. The overall debt is increasing year on year with no plan as to how it's to be reduced. I don't believe McGeeney is responsible for the debt, I never said that. What I did say was that the CB needed to come up with some realistic way of funding their ambitions. The cumulative debt is 700K, don't forget we got an advance from Central Council which must be repaid.
Good luck to McGeeney in 2013, hopefully it is more successful than 2012. Good luck to the County Board in 2013, hopefully the come up with some sort of a budget plan, other than running back to the clubs. Somehow I doubt it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Seethestars the advance from Croke Park was just that. It was an advance. It does not need to be repaid as such. Any monies we are due from Croke in terms of our share from Gate Receipts from the League and championship I imagine won't be given to us.

Those figures are pretty damning for a lot of posters opinions on here.

Also €170k on hurling. affraid
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:15 pm

I think a new sponsor is vital Tegral were great for Kildare but with the likes of Pfizer / Wyeth / Intel / Hewlett Packard big multi national company would be well able to sponsor Kildare Gaa with more vital revenue. Have any of these company being approached?
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:15 pm

Some folks on here are for and some against the Geezer and his methods and that is a fact. What people should not forget is that 2012 was a terrible year for the Kildare seniors ( promotion to Division 1 aside and we were very lucky there but we made it). From 2011 , Donegal moved forward in spades and we moved backwards in spades. Someone has to take the blame for our step backwards. This is all about football and winning things and we look further away then ever.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Kerry moved backwards, Cork moved backwards, Dublin moved backwards, Down, Tyrone..............that football, it was not "Terrible" year for Kildare, okay, definitly nowhere near the previous year, but winning promotion and division 2 title and AI quarter final is not "terrible". it has been disappointing because our expectations and standards set are much higher. "someone has to take the blame" is a childish reaction, we review the season and correct what needs correcting as much as possible, but dont lose the run of yourself Mr. Mannering.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:03 pm

Kill Bill

Thanks for the nice comments. Cork won Munster beating Kerry along the way and kicked the living daylights out of us in AI q/f. Dublin won Leinster in 4th gear despite all their limitations. We lost unluckily to Donegal in 2011 and both teams have moved in opposite directions.2012 was bad for Kildare in my opinion.

On another note , after watching Neil Gallagher , Aidan O'Shea and Barry Moran playing midfield in past two weeks , you might advise where on earth the Geezer is going to find one never mind two intercounty midfielders for 2013 ? You seem to have some of the answers so I would wecome your suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney & County Board close to deal.   McGeeney & County Board close to deal. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McGeeney & County Board close to deal.
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next