Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Donegal

Go down 
+26
smokey
Borderline
micky murphy
Snowwhite
kildareking
DONTPULLOUT
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
learmus
topcat
kickingking
TommyKeegan
bigball
LillieLad
lomond
jj
KILL BILL
Kicking bird
Rex
Kildaremad
lilysavage
murof
White Bridge
Ohtoohtobe
Jimmy winning matches
Kildare98
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 8:26 pm

Thanks for that 365.. another good job.
Taking out the goals, 4 points from play and only 2 forwards scoring won't be winning to many matches.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 8:36 pm

Kildareking, what "shite" does O´Neill talk? He comes across to me an intelligent, professional, balanced person who knows what he is talking about and has the past record to back him up! He takes the criticism and acknowledges when the lads don't play up to standard. However he also fights back when unbalanced decisions are taken by a thick referee as has happened in the last 2 games. The lads have a lot more in them and I am sure it will improve, maybe we will be in Div. 2 at that stage but so be it. Kildare will get back up again. But please, a bit more substance to your comments in the future, you clearly do not like him, that is quite obvious from your unsubstantiated comments.....
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Dontpullout, agree with Lillie lad, Stupid comment, Eoin Doyle is a great leader, what happened yesterday was nothing short of a disgrace.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 9:03 pm

The sending off has overshadowed the fact we were a point up away to Donegal with 14 men and 5 mins to go, had battled all day when our goalkeeper once again failed to deal with a high ball and the game was lost.

Down, Cork, Derry and Yesterday are just the games I remember us conceding goals due to a hit and hope straight forward high ball. I don't care if he passes like Messi off the kicking tee, if he can't catch a high ball he shouldn't be near the team. Unfortunately we have no real back up which is a major mistake from management.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 9:14 pm

Rex, Agree with most of what you say however you can hardly hold management responsible if there are simply no decent goalkeepers in the county? We cannot invent them... however you are right, the silly mistakes are costing us....
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 9:19 pm

Maybe, but having a kid who has never played senior football as your back up is not what I would call ideal
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 9:38 pm

Completely agree Rex
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 pm

Right another Monday morning another pile of excuses!!! start looking inwards!!! Alex Ferguson and the best managers always say you make your own luck and we are doing nothing to help ourselves or make our own luck at the moment, I think CON got us here and I support him but just too much talking and too many excused he is a great man for an interview and also we must take the longest of all teams at half time.... sometimes you can get too scientific the best teams are usually the ones that have a simple plan and stick to it.....
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Snowwhite wrote:
Rex, Agree with most of what you say however you can hardly hold management responsible if there are simply no decent goalkeepers in the county?  We cannot invent them... however you are right, the silly mistakes are costing us....

Whether there are any good enough or not, it's not the most attractive opportunity going (sub goalie) and I couldn't see to many applying for the Role.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 10:34 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Thanks for that 365.. another good job.
Taking out the goals, 4 points from play and only 2 forwards scoring won't be winning to many matches.

No and we should have added at least 1-4 in the second quarter. We actually scored 2-4 against the wind with 14 men versus 1-3 with the wind. That was the losing of it. To be fair I thought our attacking play generally was the most penetrative we’ve seen to date considering being a man down.

Donegal were surprisingly poor particularly in defence. Wide open even with the extra man.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 10:47 pm

With Keith cribbin back in team add speed to play. Peter Kelly had field day in second half
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:01 pm

fone wrote:
With Keith cribbin back in team add speed to play. Peter Kelly had field day in second half

Kelly going forward was a joy to watch. If Dan's foot pass to him was a couple of inches lower he was in for a goal
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:14 pm

Is Kinsella from Moorefield called in to be back-up to Donnellan's to release O'Neill play for U20's ??
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 pm

Don't often agree with Fone but he's right about Peter Kelly..He's in his best form since 2010, fair play to him getting back after all the injuries. (Touch wood it doesn't happen again)
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:31 pm

Kelly has clicked into gear all of a sudden. He's been struggling big time but out of nowhere he has rediscovered the game that made him so important as such a good defender. Hopefully it's going to continue because if he does keep it up what a bonus that will be.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 12:05 am

Jez Colm O Rourke hadn't much sympathy for CON and Kildare..surprised at that Wink .
How are Meath doing Colm ?.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 12:14 am

Meath man who never managed a team at a decent level sticks up for another Meath man who ballsed up, surprise surprise, half expecting Bernard Flynn to pipe up as well.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 12:16 am

Missed frees and a silly black card against Monaghan, a point with the last kick of the game against Tyrone and now a silly goalkeeper mistake when playing with 14 players.
Jesus we could so easily have 6 points. We are well capable of competing in div 1 but sadly we are doomed I fear. Let's hope for better luck from now on.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 12:56 am

O'Rourke "analysis" hilarious, what a gobshite.

Looks like "yo-yo syndrome" has definitely become a thing... It appears we're going straight back down and Cavan & Roscommon coming straight back up!
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 1:25 am

To be honest, Donegal were poor and made us look good at times. They had very few ideas in attack and but for the blunder for the goal they would have collapsed completely. Their defence was as poor as I have seen in this division and we should have scored a lot more.

I hate this thing we have with blaming everyone for our defeats and until we start taking responsibility for our actions we are going nowhere fast. Eoin Doyle is our captain and as such has the responsibility of leading this team by his actions. I saw what happened and it was not the actions of a captain but that's all I'll say about that. Donnellan saw what was happening and should have known not to kick the ball to Doyle and Doyle should have went off as he was instructed to.

I know people don't want to hear these things but those are the facts and they were in our control as to what to do about them. We had no control over whether or not Donegal players had gum shields or not so why worry about that. Given all that we were the better team and that game was there for the taking but we failed to do that in a must win game....
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 3:37 am

The rule is the rule, Waterford had a guy get a yellow card for it against Carlow on Saturday, and there was a big push at the start of this season that this rule had to be enforced - coming from insurance companies - and the players will have been aware of the clampdown. To me it's a rule that makes sense but even if you don't agree with it, it's still a rule and you expect your captain not to commit a stupid yellow card offence that has no benefit when already booked. It's stupidity and there's no point blaming referee, what's he supposed to do, not enforce the rules that counties including Kildare voted for?
Back to top Go down
Kicking bird
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 3:57 am

On our goal keeper, I think the role needs to be reinvented.
Personally I think the goalie should be an actual footballer can play out the field at intercounty level.
He should be sweeper who can support defenders in play. He should be able to burst forward and take a long range point if we are chasing a game.
What are your thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 4:25 am

wonder if the situation had of happened to a Donegal player what would the reaction have been, rules are rules and all that!!! CON would have given 5mins on why it was a sending off!!!!
On goalkeeper yes the role has changed massively, think about how many times an actual shot stopper is required versus the amount of times the ball is kicked out and the amount of high balls to be fielded? Its kick outs, fielding and distribution all day long
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 4:41 am

A shot stopper comes in handy the odd time... shots from 40 metres out on the wing for example
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 5:27 am

Kicking bird wrote:
On our goal keeper, I think the role needs to be reinvented.
Personally I think the goalie should be an actual footballer can play out the field at intercounty level.
He should be sweeper who can support defenders in play. He should be able to burst forward and take a long range point if we are chasing a game.
What are your thoughts ?

Sounds like a job for big Thomas eh bird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Donegal
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next