Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Donegal

Go down 
+26
smokey
Borderline
micky murphy
Snowwhite
kildareking
DONTPULLOUT
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
learmus
topcat
kickingking
TommyKeegan
bigball
LillieLad
lomond
jj
KILL BILL
Kicking bird
Rex
Kildaremad
lilysavage
murof
White Bridge
Ohtoohtobe
Jimmy winning matches
Kildare98
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 5:26 am

lineman  warmed doyle about no gumshield and they got one then put down his sock tin front of lineman
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 5:28 am

Wasn’t there so can’t really comment but were any Donegal lads sent to the sideline to get their gumshield? If not then the point is moot as it could be the case the Rev didn’t notice or no Kildare player brought it to his attention.

We seem to be finding new ways of losing matches every week in this division.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 5:30 am

yes some Donegal players went sidelines to get gumshields after incident
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 5:32 am

It's not a moot point as it was clear to people IN THE CROWD they didn't have gumshields. Added to which, ref fails to follow protocol in telling Donnellan to take kickout. It's indefensible.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 5:33 am

Donegal players clearly playing on without gumshields - at one point gumshield LITERALLY HANGING OUT OF MCLOONE'S MOUTH - and ref let play continue. Same rules not applied to both sides - fundamental principle of sport.

Apparently Peter McConnon mentioned McLoone incident on KFM?

Incidentally, it was impossible for Doyle to have put mouthguard in sock as he received kickout before reaching sideline. Maybe he was sent off for violating laws of physics perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Kicking bird
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 5:47 am

Lads going down to 14 men doesn't matter. It was a joke of a decision but look,the ref as most do after a sending off gave us a few soft frees to balance things out and if we had a killer instinct in front of goal,we could have won.
There are lots of positives and I still believe we are going in the right direction
This is division 1 and it's great preparation for championship.
Keep the faith. Who remembers kildare league campaign in 98 ?
This is a talented bunch
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 6:02 am

Here's the description from the paper of record, which matches my own... We've had classic idiotic ref decisions at Kildare games over the years but I'd put this up there with the best of them...

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/cian-o-neill-fumes-at-referee-as-donegal-edge-kildare-1.3405128?mode=amp
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 6:13 am

Much kildare support up at it? Didnt make it myself
Back to top Go down
learmus
Intermediate
Intermediate
learmus

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 7:59 am

Just back from it now, not much of a crowd from Kildare there - that's the worst I've felt after any of the matches this year, it's just so frustrating. Aside from the crazy sending off (why the ref didn't stop play while Doyle was walking off I don't know), we had so many chances that we missed, particularly in the first half. The butchered goal chance when it was 3 on 1 with their keeper was unforgiveable. Their goal was a complete fluke, but then it's not the first time Donnellan has been caught out by a similar high ball in.
Despite all that they did so much, right, there were some very good performances out there, the margins of success and failure are so tight at this level but we're not able to get on the right side of them. I still see a bright future for them but just so frustrated tonight.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 8:18 am

Donnellan under another high ball, how many is that now. His kickouts have dropped off in my opinion as well. But he's not under pressure because we have a child in football terms sitting on the bench. I think serious questions need to be asked here.

The butchered goal chance what can your say. That's six easy points left out there. You won't survive Div 1 when you are allowing the opposition that kind of leeway. Not to mention the horrible wides.

They are competitive that has to be said, but we need to win these matches. With a bit more street wise football we could be on six points and safe.

Yet we are still not gone, Mayo next week will be massive. Galway in our last game might be uninterested and possibly 4 points plus a decent scoring difference might be enough. If there was a couch in the stand next week I'd be hiding behind it and peaking out at the match.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 8:26 am

next week is big week for fight to stay in division 1

Saturday night Tyrone v Donegal
Sunday Kildare v mayo
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 8:37 am

Jesus the two masters of disaster Kildare and Mayo facing off... Talk about tales of woe. Both teams probably spontaneously combust before throw-in.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 9:25 am

Any chat on the other 70 mins of Football folks ?.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 9:43 am

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 10:08 am

Great write-up 365 - love the choice of pic!

Meanwhile, I'm calling next weekend the "Self-Destruct Derby".
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 10:13 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:

brilliant
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 10:43 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:

I’m looking for odds on a scoreless draw.. nothing available on PP..
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 10:47 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

I’m looking for odds on a scoreless draw.. nothing available on PP..

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:04 am

Fone....if doyle did that he deserved it when we talk bout naive doing dat is a fckin joke he's captain FFS
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:05 am

DONTPULLOUT wrote:
Fone....if doyle did that he deserved it when we talk bout naive doing dat is a fckin joke he's captain FFS

Jaysus this lads some idiot
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 am

Me??
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:11 am

Its easy put a gumshield in or get a yellow
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:16 am

In doyles case a 2nd n get d line in a game we have 2 win??
LEADERSHIP ??
its kildares problem there is none
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 2:10 pm

Jesus I just saw the Donegal goal, was expecting something freakish but it’s just a routine point attempt dropped short. You just can’t afford that. We’re doing so much right, we could be on three wins but really basic stuff keeps haunting us.
Back to top Go down
kildareking
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 8:00 pm

I wouldnt mind too much if i knew kildare werent good enough but they are good enough... very talented players...the manager isnt getting enough out of them...defend oneil all you like but other managers are getting more out of there players....its unfortunate the way when players dont perform the manager gets blamed but thats just the way the cookie crumbles....delighted though to see him thick after the match showed a bit of passion, instead of his usual shite
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Donegal
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next