Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Donegal

Go down 
+26
smokey
Borderline
micky murphy
Snowwhite
kildareking
DONTPULLOUT
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
learmus
topcat
kickingking
TommyKeegan
bigball
LillieLad
lomond
jj
KILL BILL
Kicking bird
Rex
Kildaremad
lilysavage
murof
White Bridge
Ohtoohtobe
Jimmy winning matches
Kildare98
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 5:56 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Not bad Seamus. I'd just tinker with one aspect I think: I'd plonk Conway back behind the midfield and play 5 in attack.

Would still prefer to see Murray in there but maybe it's a week or two too soon. Although Hylo isn't a full back I could see him doing a better job than PK at corner back if we were to bring Murray into 5.

M Donnelan.
P Kelly. L Flynn. M O Grady.
D Hyland. E Doyle. C O Donoghue.
               F Conway
           K Feely. T Moolick.
         D Flynn. P Cribben.
                   N Kelly
B McCormack           P Brophy

My thoughts were similar..
I'm happy with that set up re Niall Kelly aswell.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 7:31 am

Is Niall Kelly doing enough to warrant automatic selection? Surprised he's never been put on close in frees as he is probably the most accurate kicker when he has time. As a 16 year old he kicked a 50 in injury time to win a county minor.
Back to top Go down
Kildaremad
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 9:45 am

Forget about Murray for a while , he was celebrating the year with the rest of the team over the last few days in a well known Newbridge public house and was last seen in KFC Newbridge arguing with the kid behind the counter demanding a bargain bucket !
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 9:53 am

Go on Murray ya boy ya!

Incidentally, with all the hysteria about our boys under-performing in Sigerson Cup earlier in the year, just wondering why we aren't giving Brian Byrne open top bus parade after winning competition with UCD... Surely this man is the saviour of Kildare football!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Go on Murray ya boy ya!

Incidentally, with all the hysteria about our boys under-performing in Sigerson Cup earlier in the year, just wondering why we aren't giving Brian Byrne open top bus parade after winning competition with UCD... Surely this man is the saviour of Kildare football!!
Darren maguire of Maynooth was part ucd Panel as well
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 12:15 pm

Kildaremad wrote:
Forget about Murray for a while , he was celebrating the year with the rest of the team over the last few days in a well known Newbridge public house and was last seen in KFC Newbridge arguing with the kid behind the counter  demanding a bargain bucket !

rightly so.. that bargain bucket looks nothing like the picture on the wall. bom
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 1:21 pm

Don't see the need for huge personnel changes meself, most individuals played well last day. Maybe start Jimmy ahead of McCormack, otherwise same 15. I think we need to tweak the structure so the opposing centre half-forward doesn't have free reign and tidy up on another few small things; big test for whoever picks up McBrearty, Hylo I assume.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 9:09 pm

If McCormack is fit he starts every time before Hyland.
Donegal play the type of game that is Kryptonite to us. It's a fast running game which we usually let the runner waltz straight through the middle or run alongside the ball carrier slapping at him until he gets into a shooting position and then realise he's under no pressure before he then pops it over the bar.

I'm hoping we pull something out of the fire, but when you see the strengths and weaknesses of both teams they are set up perfectly to cause us damage.

Donegal by 6 as much as it pains me.

Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 10:45 pm

All the pundits seem to think they’ve changed their style under Bonner Rex, less of the old running game and more direct ball, particularly to McBrearty
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 11:54 pm

Don't know about that. I watched them v Dublin and they ran a hell of a lot of ball that night. Maybe that was a one off due to Murphy not being involved, but it was pretty effective. If they run the ball like that at us, we won't keep them out.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Team named around 9 o clock tonight
Back to top Go down
Kicking bird
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 5:22 am

New member but a regular reader of some knowledgeable football people on here .
As for Sunday I love to start Murray but it's to much to ask. I think he is a gem of a player and for me both him and Doyle should operate in tandom.as two centre backs/mobile sweepers who never go beyond the 40 metre line unless we are totalling chasing the game. Thus nonsense of playing Conway as s half forward is out dated.
We are not thst far off.a win on Sunday would be the makings of this team
Can anybody tell me where Alan Smith is ?Smith on one leg is better than McNally.
Also. Tomas o Connor. A huge asset as plan b or if we just need to win possession. I think it's s shame that he is not in the squad. He is s beast of a man and can you imagine the havoc it would cause with Daniel.flynn of his shoulder.
Best of luck on Sunday
Keep the faith
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 5:45 am

Kicking bird wrote:
New member  but a regular reader of some knowledgeable football people on here .
As for Sunday I love to start Murray but it's to much to ask. I think he is a gem of a player and for me both him and Doyle should operate in tandom.as two centre backs/mobile sweepers who never go beyond the 40 metre line  unless we are totalling chasing the game. Thus nonsense of playing Conway as s half forward is out dated.
We are not thst far off.a win on Sunday would be the makings of this team
Can anybody tell me where Alan Smith is ?Smith on one leg is  better than McNally.
Also. Tomas o Connor.  A huge asset as plan b or if we just need to win possession. I think it's s shame that he is not in the squad. He is s beast of a man and  can you imagine the havoc it would cause with Daniel.flynn of his shoulder.
Best of luck on Sunday
Keep the faith
are feeling ok .both those are past it at intercounty level
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 6:06 am

Smith and O'Connor are not going to get the call in year 3 of O'Neill's tenure. Their time is over and it's a youth policy from now on.

I'll be interested in the team to see if we are going to double down with the same players in certain positions or are we going to try something different because without doubt it's no or never for their div 1 survival.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 6:27 am

Makes absolutely no sense playing a defender at wing forward when our half back line is so porous. If you want to play Conway then put him in instead of Byrne and play a proper forward up front.
Sherry would be a better option if he is still involved? If the same team is selected again then it's div 2 next year I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 6:39 am

Yeah, the Conway positioning is a head scratcher. He actually plays as a half forward not as a covering extra man defender. For me if he plays he moves back into the centre back area allowing Doyle to sweep between the full and half back lines and create that extra body to shore up the middle to runners.
But he doesn't do that, I would rather as you say play the extra forward and try to crate more scores. For me his role is just not working out.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 6:44 am

On Tomas O'Connor I know it's not a popular opinion and at 31 that ship has probably sailed but as much as I loved Geezer I felt Tomas was not properly utilised, amazing fielding ability but he was always isolated and defenders swarmed him, personally I think he would still have a squad role, there's worse on the panel at the moment, I think Smithy has too much baggage.
Back to top Go down
Kicking bird
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 7:36 am

I wasn't expecting Smith to be back.i just asked of his where abouts.
I agree about youth but it's man's game and id have big tom.as a plan B..with the :mark rule" tom.wiould be a serious option to spring from the bench and if anyone thinks Kevin feeley is a better option at full forward I think otherwise
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 8:06 am

Team is
Donnellan
PeterKelly
David Hyland
O Grady
O Donoghue
Doyle
Bryne
Feely
Moolick
Conway
Niall Kelly
Paul Cribbin
McCormack
Dan flynn
Brophy
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 8:47 am

Well there's a surprise..
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 8:50 am

Kicking bird wrote:
I agree about youth but it's  man's game and id have big tom.as a plan B..with the :mark rule" tom.wiould be a serious option to spring from the bench and if anyone thinks Kevin feeley is a better option at full forward I think otherwise

Jesus lads get real. Tomas said at least 2 if not 3 years ago that his knees weren't up to inter county training etc. He took himself out of it. There's only one from the past that I'd have back in and that's Eoghan O'Flaherty but again he took himself out.

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Kicking bird wrote:
I agree about youth but it's  man's game and id have big tom.as a plan B..with the :mark rule" tom.wiould be a serious option to spring from the bench and if anyone thinks Kevin feeley is a better option at full forward I think otherwise

You don't get a "mark" on the full forward line... I hope you're not suggesting hed play in midfield ?.

Interesting line up for Sunday.. CON is consistent I'll give him that.
Back to top Go down
Kicking bird
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 7:46 pm

Seamus.maybe read my post first.
Big tom is not good enough to play midfield but he is a "game changer ". Think back to the Dublin game when we couldn't win a kickkut. Bring tom on here for 15 mins to win possession and take the pressure of us. The mark suits him.
I have followed kildare for years and they are always bullied. We need men in the team with different attributes. If his knees are crocked,then fair enough.

Team for Sunday is a good as we have except Conway .I'd play Keith cfibben ahead of him
I'm looking forward to seeing more of Jimmy hyland to see if he can cut it at this level
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 7:58 am

Results went in our favour tonight. .......
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 8:10 am

Kildare must win
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Donegal
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next