Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare V Mayo

Go down 
+56
Fizzer
Twentyeight
fatherted
squire
DONTPULLOUT
Big Full Back
Borderline
jimmers
ixus
steviegenius
Sam1928
bloodsub
Blue lilie
The Lillywhite
lillyboy
if_in_doubt
smokey
FearBan
Highball
TommyKeegan
kickingking
Flamingo
hawker
Gaa1928
Ohtoohtobe
Dinny Breen
inexile
learmus
shoeshine
Kildare98
Ogie
LillieLad
Liffey Likes
Xavi
Rex
Taibi
Cranky
micky murphy
Cilldara_2000
Fear An Geata
topcat
moatesports
flourman
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Jimmy winning matches
kildaregaa365
Onhisboot
murof
bigball
intheback
Frankel
MD
jj
KILL BILL
Onechance
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 11:09 am

If they are reading this at 1am before the game in order to feel pressure, my prediction will be off...

But just a hunch in pit of my stomach based on nothing rational but I do know this team has far more potential than they've been showing.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 11:30 am

Today we are playing a team who on 4 occasions in the last 5 years (one of them a replay) have played for the Sam Maguire - in the 3 games they lost, they did so by just a point and in each of them to what is arguably the best team ever. So yes we are playing a top, top team - some may call them bottlers, but in any other generation they would have won a few All-Irelands. So it will not be easy but in each of the last couple of summers they have appeared vulnerable and on some occasion they will be caught. Why not this evening?

It has been the most bizarre week ever - why not end it with a win and what would be an incredible end to a tumultuous week?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:20 pm

In perspective.. Mayo to win the AI 12/1. Kildare 150/1.
But (And I'm not much of a soccer man these days). Germany !

High ball into Dan and Paddy as Tipp showed can do damage..
Especially if we get our share of midfield as we should.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Lads being honest we should never lose to Carlow but we did. We followed it up with two wins on the road and the players even spoke of rock bottom levels of confidence.
The thing is the ability is always there and it always depends on the mental side of things with this group. Cian ONeill must also feel emboldened too. IF they respond like they should then we can rattle Mayo.
Now if all this hadnt gone on i think we would have limped to a bad loss in Croker, but the mindset has to change.
Of course none of this is logical but neither was us losing to Carlow...
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 7:44 pm

With the injuries that Mayo have they still can put out a team like that. After all that happened last week there is a buzz around Kildare at the moment being realistic I just cant see how we can win no matter what the Carlow game just keeps popping up in my head but some teams just need some sort of inspiration to kick start there season Kerry with Donaghy moving to full forward 06 Kerry against Dublin 09 etc these are the little things that gets a team going something to fight for so deep down in the back of my head there is a feeling that we can win heres hoping anyway..
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:50 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
If they are reading this at 1am before the game in order to feel pressure, my prediction will be off...

But just a hunch in pit of my stomach based on nothing rational but I do know this team has far more potential than they've been showing.

Pretty much my feeling. Don't why I'm relatively confident given what I witnessed recently but it just feels like it might be our moment. 17 years to the day since that great match with Donegal hasn't done anything to temper my enthusiasm
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:40 am

If can sort out long kickouts, conceding soft frees in close goal range and hold a bit tighter in the centre we can do this.

Also need to see N Flynn staying close to goal. Not needed near midfield.

Can't believe they started Cafferkey ON D Flynn
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:45 am

O'Shea doing a good job of reffing this so far...
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:38 am

Oh you beauty. Come on the lillies
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:45 am

Not going to comment tonight as I'm going to savour it, but for now just going to say this:

THE BIGGEST FUCKING MIC DROP OF ALL TIME.
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:45 am

Up your jacksie croke park up d fuckin lillies what a fuckin week to b a kildare supporter bring on round 4 we mite just have found some fightin spirit
I L♡VE ME C♡UNTY ♡♡♡♡♡♡
Back to top Go down
squire
Junior C
Junior C
squire

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:51 am

Great stuff
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:58 am

Well done all! Delights for ye! Proud Kildare tonight.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 7:03 am

I’m so happy. Most heroic Kildare performance since Laois 97. All the potential we knew was there and have been waiting to see the past few years comes pouring out on a special night. YEEEEEEEEES!!
Back to top Go down
squire
Junior C
Junior C
squire

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 7:06 am

Beat GAA. Yes
Beat Financial situation. Yes
Beat the media. Yes
Beat the bookies. Yes
Beat GAA HQ. yes again
Beat Mayo. Fuckin A
Be Kildare. Absolutely
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 7:36 am

That was the best result we’ve had in 18 years. Will also comment further tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 8:48 am

A golden evening with my family in St. Conleths I will cherish forever, what the real GAA is about, middle finger to the suits in HQ
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 8:55 am

We should all take a moment to spare a thought for the likes of Dick Clerkin and Martin Breheny, who'll actually have to do a bit of work tonight to fill some column inches tomorrow, instead of just going with the pre-planned shite about home advantage not mattering and how we should have just done what we were told.
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 9:05 am

Watershed week in the gaa. Counties after seeing what a bit of backbone did for Kildare teams fighting back at the men in suits will surely follow suit. Worst possible result for Croke Park. What a week for Kildare.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 9:09 am

No words really.

Well here’s two: Paul Cribbin
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 9:41 am

Don't have the words at the moment to sum that up. I'll just say two Bravery and heart.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 9:45 am

That was something else, players we're incredible gave everything. I'll post in more detail tomorrow too.
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 9:48 am

K365 +1
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 10:07 am

Yeah, tomorrow will do, emotionally drained and hoarse, exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 10:34 am

Let me be the first to congratulate all concerned for that display last night. I didn't see a performance like that coming, not in a million years. I was so wrong in my assesment of the whole situation this week and i never thought we'd get a reaction like that. Well done again lads, I'm feeling very humble and happy at the same time ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare V Mayo
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next