Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare V Mayo

Go down 
+56
Fizzer
Twentyeight
fatherted
squire
DONTPULLOUT
Big Full Back
Borderline
jimmers
ixus
steviegenius
Sam1928
bloodsub
Blue lilie
The Lillywhite
lillyboy
if_in_doubt
smokey
FearBan
Highball
TommyKeegan
kickingking
Flamingo
hawker
Gaa1928
Ohtoohtobe
Dinny Breen
inexile
learmus
shoeshine
Kildare98
Ogie
LillieLad
Liffey Likes
Xavi
Rex
Taibi
Cranky
micky murphy
Cilldara_2000
Fear An Geata
topcat
moatesports
flourman
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Jimmy winning matches
kildaregaa365
Onhisboot
murof
bigball
intheback
Frankel
MD
jj
KILL BILL
Onechance
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Could be tullamore it is a bit like a home venue to kildare anyway
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:02 pm

moatesports wrote:
Could be tullamore it is a bit like a home venue to kildare anyway

No chance. We put it there and mayo will just fill the place out, every bit of our home advantage will be wiped straight away.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:04 pm

Mayo have 3,700, out of interest how many do we have, does anybody know? If that is close to 2,000 that would leave only 500 available to clubs, if the capacity quoted above of 6,200 is correct.

I can't see this game going ahead in Newbridge if that is the case, given that the Derby is also on Saturday, there may be an issue with sufficient numbers of gardaí available, H&S sticking their nose in again!!

Having said all that County Board absolutely have to fight tooth and nail to keep the game in Newbridge barring a major concession like a 10 point lead to start the game might suffice!
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:05 pm

Onechance wrote:
Official capacity for Newbrodge is 6,200.

Did the capacity for Conleth's not increase to somewhere between 10 and 12k a couple of years ago following the safety improvements?
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:06 pm

Anyone who thinks this game will go ahead in St Conleths is absolutely codding themselves. No chance.

Also, the HSA never made any comment on the capacity of the ground. That was all entirely on Croke Park. The place could easily and safely hold 14,000 but they don't want that because they want to filter games into Croke Park and the other redeveloped grounds.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:31 pm

I also taught that the capacity was increased its crazy that this is even up for debate (if it actually is or just a lot of speculation here)......
anyhow the ccccccccccccccc will release the fixtures in the afternoon and we will see!
Back to top Go down
Cranky
Junior A
Junior A
Cranky

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:32 pm

Would we be expected to forfeit if this was a super 8 match?
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Cranky wrote:
Would we be expected to forfeit if this was a super 8 match?

You would imagine so, the sooner the better we have a modern stadium..
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm

Agree with above, no chance this game is going ahead in Newbridge.

With the derby, the weather, the huge Mayo support and the bandwagon crew in Kildare, this will easily attract 20k. The current and previous administrations should hang their heads in shame, leaving us with possibly the worst county grounds in the country.

Mayo were poor on Saturday, it took a flukey goal to kill off Tipp. Not sure our lads have the balls to finish them off though. Feely’s fitness could go a long way in deciding this game especially with Seamie O’Shea out.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Can't believe we're back to the prospect of giving up home advantage. We owe Mayo damn all. If we are not playing at home as we are entitled to then it can all go to hell.
The County board better hold fast or it will be time to get rid of every last one of them.

As for the game, could be a belter. We will know if we have eventually learnt something and with injuries they are as vulnerable as they have been. They were jammy to get out of Thurles with a flukey goal getting them back into it. Let's just throw everything we have at it, if it's not enough so be it.

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:59 pm

Well said Rex on all counts. Can't wait for Sat night in NEWBRIDGE
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:03 pm

Aside from where it is played, very important Kildare get match up right for this game, below is what I personally would go with.

Kelly v Moran
O Grady v O Connor
Hyland v Doherty

Kevin Flynn v Durcan
James Murray v McLoughlin
Eoin Doyle v Aidan O Shea (given injuries he will probably line out midfield)

I think they will go for something like the below defensively

Higgins v Kelly
Keegan v Flynn
Barrett v Neill Flynn

Boyle v Paul Cribbin
Durcan v Keith Cribben
Coen v Conway/Brophy (depending on Feely's fitness)

They may also consider startin Eoin O Donghue corner back and moving Barret out to the half back line with Coen going to midfield.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:04 pm

Saturday night in Newbridge. Anything else is not under consideration. If it is county board need to step aside with immediate effect
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:08 pm

Taibi wrote:
Agree with above, no chance this game is going ahead in Newbridge.

With the derby, the weather, the huge Mayo support and the bandwagon crew in Kildare, this will easily attract 20k. The current and previous administrations should hang their heads in shame, leaving us with possibly the worst county grounds in the country.

Mayo were poor on Saturday, it took a flukey goal to kill off Tipp. Not sure our lads have the balls to finish them off though. Feely’s fitness could go a long way in deciding this game especially with Seamie O’Shea out.

I couldn't care less if Newbridge holds 1000. Kildare went to a glorified chicken shed on Saturday , this match will be on Conleths otherwise I'll be in hawkfield later to ask why it's not.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:11 pm

The inequality that exists in gaa is mind blowing for example bringing Wicklow out of Aughrim. It happens in no other sport. How many times do non league teams get drawn against the big premier league teams in the FA cup with capacity for only a fee thousand people and the tie always takes place at the ground that was originally drawn. Every ground has a capacity and it needs to be just accepted. Even croke park can only hold it's  capacity on all Ireland day and some people are disappointed they got no tickets. The provincial grounds are part of the magic of gaa. Hopefully common sense prevails.
Back to top Go down
Cranky
Junior A
Junior A
Cranky

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:34 pm

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:42 pm

Lads when did we last win a match in Croke Park, totally unrelated but was in that shite Wexford match?

On the game I think we have a chance we must resist it being moved out of Newbridge, either way I think we will cause them trouble. Seamus O'Shea and Tom Parsons being out are massive losses for them. Clark is a class Goal Keeper but doesn't have the best kick out in the world so if we push up on them we will make hay in the middle. Mayo like ourselves are very vulnerable when teams run at them so the Flynn's. the 2 Cribbin's etc will do a job here. Have massive respect for this Mayo team but I believe we will win. The last 2 results have given us a bit of momentum and Mayo could have lost against Tipp. Looking forward to this, all though was the one team I didn't want as I have a soft spot for them due to Grandad being from there and the moth...Fuck it I hope we hammer them:bounce:
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:42 pm

Cranky wrote:
Tommy knows
https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/gaelic/320242/qualifiers-pressure-to-move-out-of-newbrige-should-be-resisted-come-what-may.html

He's spot on. If this is moved there should be an EGM of county board called
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:52 pm

Is it the county board's say. Wicklow county board wanted to play the Dubs at home but that cut no ice. If it is, they will go for Newbridge obviously.

All well and good to ask management to solve defensive issue but the problems of the first half against Longford were so much about attitude, fear, intensity, cop on... and as someone else remarked on another thread, absolutely contrary to the instructions being bellowed in. I would be very, very, very worried about Mayo with their superior physicality to Longford going forward. Very, very, very worried.

But, there was a big improvement in the second half, more hands in the chest at least, more picking up runners, more tracking, a few more hits although still too many turnovers and brainless frees. The front eight is there to cause trouble when Kildare have the ball - but, if I hadn't mentioned before, I'm very worried about the back 12 when they don't.

Mayo are without first choice midfield though. They can't do much if Kildare can win more ball and mind it. I'll be up the road at the Curragh but I'll be listening / watching. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:53 pm

I honestly can't believe this is even under discussion... There is NO WAY this should be played anywhere other than Newbridge and county board need to make an announcement quickly that that's the case.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:57 pm

LillieLad wrote:
Lads when did we last win a match in Croke Park, totally unrelated but was in that shite Wexford match?

On the game I think we have a chance we must resist it being moved out of Newbridge, either way I think we will cause them trouble. Seamus O'Shea and Tom Parsons being out are massive losses for them. Clark is a class Goal Keeper but doesn't have the best kick out in the world so if we push up on them we will make hay in the middle. Mayo like ourselves are very vulnerable when teams run at them so the Flynn's. the 2 Cribbin's etc will do a job here. Have massive respect for this Mayo team but I believe we will win. The last 2 results have given us a bit of momentum and Mayo could have lost against Tipp. Looking forward to this, all though was the one team I didn't want as I have a soft spot for them due to Grandad being from there and the moth...Fuck it I hope we hammer them:bounce:  

Agree on the Clarke issue here. Brilliant shot stopper - not a good ball player and especially with the two boys out, it's worth pushing up on the kickout - just remember to get back if you don't win it!

Clarke is also dodgy in the air and I wouldn't be averse to having Moolick or Feely (though probably not fit enough to start) making a run onto a lofted diagonal in around the house a few times.

I don't read anything into Mayo could have lost against Tipp - that's been the story of their last couple of runs to All-Ireland finals. They hang in and then they buried them. But they're wounded and some day, they will fall. Still, I admire the belief that Kildare will win.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:59 pm

Ogie wrote:
Is it the county board's say. Wicklow county board wanted to play the Dubs at home but that cut no ice. If it is, they will go for Newbridge obviously.

All well and good to ask management to solve defensive issue but the problems of the first half against Longford were so much about attitude, fear, intensity, cop on... and as someone else remarked on another thread, absolutely contrary to the instructions being bellowed in. I would be very, very, very worried about Mayo with their superior physicality to Longford going forward. Very, very, very worried.

But, there was a big improvement in the second half, more hands in the chest at least, more picking up runners, more tracking, a few more hits although still too many turnovers and brainless frees. The front eight is there to cause trouble when Kildare have the ball - but, if I hadn't mentioned before, I'm very worried about the back 12 when they don't.

Mayo are without first choice midfield though. They can't do much if Kildare can win more ball and mind it. I'll be up the road at the Curragh but I'll be listening / watching. Fingers crossed.

Ogie a county board chairman with a pair of balls would refuse to play the match anywhere else regardless of what instruction came from Croke Park
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 11:12 pm

Latest rumour is Croke Park Saturday night at 7, presume as a double header with Cavan v Tyrone given Cavan can't host games at the moment.
Back to top Go down
shoeshine
Junior A
Junior A
shoeshine

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 11:14 pm

CB need to show some bottle here. No hiding behind "decision from HQ". Why should Kildare have to cater for or worry about Mayo support. All ticket match and give Mayo their quota and no more. Let them whinge all they want. This county need this match and need it played in Newbridge as the draw decided earlier this morning.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 11:19 pm

topcat wrote:
Latest rumour is Croke Park Saturday night at 7, presume as a double header with Cavan v Tyrone given Cavan can't host games at the moment.

Ah no don't say that ffs..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Mayo   Kildare V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare V Mayo
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next