Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Footballers Training Update

Go down 
+37
kildarecat
Stonecold
rgb
wingback
kartman
FearBan
peile
rboy
if_in_doubt
Ohtoohtobe
lomond
racer
Onhisboot
Pure White
samm2010
Sam1928
armagh4sam
bob12
analysis
Rex
Loads of Pints
Derfil
kickingking
bloodsub
jj
Ogie
flourman
gaaweb
koko39
carburyman
Arkle
walsheman
Ned
Jimmy winning matches
righthalfforward
shoutitout
GaaHead
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:56 am

heard he had a knock but sud be ok,boltan that is
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:46 am

1. Shane McCormack (Allenwood

2. Peter Kelly (Two Mile House)
3. Hugh McGrillen (Celbridge)
4. Andriú MacLochlainn (Ellistown)

5. Morgan O’Flaherty (Carbury)
6. Emmet Bolton (Eadestown)
7. Brian Flanagan (Johnstownbridge)

8. Daryl Flynn (Moorefield)
9. Dermot Earley (Sarsfields)

10. James Kavanagh (Ballymore)
11. Padraig O’Neill (St. Laurences)
12. Eoghan O’Flaherty (Carbury)

13. John Doyle (Allenwood) Capt.
14. Alan Smith (Sarsfields)
15. Eamonn Callaghan (Naas)

16. Paul Flood (Maynooth)
17. Hugh Lynch (Confey)
18. Ronan Sweeney (Moorefield)
19. Anthony Rainbow (Suncroft)
20. Damien Hendy (Castledermot)
21. Killian Brennan (Suncroft)
22. Karl Ennis (Maynooth)
23. Michael Foley (Athy)
24. Gary White (Sarsfields)
25. Robert Kelly (Straffan)
26. Fionn Dowling (Suncroft)
27. David Whyte (Moorefield)
28. Mark Scanlon (Round Towers)
29. David Lyons (Clane)
30. Tomás O’Connor (Clane)

Hughie will start in place of Dermot..... Foley if Bolton doesn't make it????

Big news is on the bench, both Fionn Dowling and Rob Kelly get a jersey. No jersey for Tom Corley, Ollie Lyons, Ken Donnelly.... The Cribbin brothers are both injured....
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Bolton is ok to start..
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Hmmm Munster team mission..........

When I Play for Munster I play to win. This means I must win my individual battles.
I demand success by setting performance targets for each game.
I will be the first to lead by Action. I will bring freedom, aggression and desire into every moment of play.
I can only win if my team wins, every action must be motivated by making my team stronger.
My body language will always scream enthusiasm and Hunger and I will fight to win in every moment of the Game.
No matter how hard the battle I will focus on the moment and focus on my inner strength.

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:48 pm

No real surprises there I suppose, but come Sunday we might see one or two different individuals starting.
I sincerely hope Dermot is ready to go but something at the back of my mind says the Kildare management are naming him on the first 15 as part of a mind games strategy to keep the Down mentors on their toes, I think Lynch will start with Dermot on the bench and only given a game if we are struggling badly around the mddle.
I'm not Andrew Mc's biggest fan but he has done ok in recent games without entirely convincing me he is the solution for that position, I can't seem to get out of my mind that roasting he got against Down in the league game earlier in the year [inexplicably left on the pitch for the entire game] Down might well single out Andrew for special treatment maybe focussing on him as a weak point in the Kildare full back line?.
While Smithy has rowed in with a couple of goals since he came back from his sabbatical does anyone else think that he has been very quiet in his general play, the movement he showed last year just hasn't quite come back to him yet, maybe on Sunday he will rediscover it all and have a field day, touch wood!.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Think early will start with lynch ready to come in.On Andrew mac hasnt done much wrong this year,agree with you ,there is something about him.
But havent said that he is solid.
Just on smithy,he is doing very well,always looking for the ball etc.He is due a big game and maybe sunday is his day.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:07 pm

carburyman wrote:
Think early will start with lynch ready to come in.On Andrew mac hasnt done much wrong this year,agree with you ,there is something about him.
Just on smithy,he is doing very well,always looking for the ball etc.He is due a big game and maybe sunday is his day.

Completely Agree - Smith has been showing brilliantly in all games this year. His link up play is exceptional. His scoring rate has been a bit disappointing - but I still would rather no other Kildare player 1 and 1 situation bearing down on goal.

All Kildare forwards at one stage or another have come the party in a big way throughout the summer in a scoring sense, Smith has not be prolific but I sense this Sunday might be his day. All the Down talk during the build up will be focusing on how to stop Doyle/Kav - hopefully they will have neglected Smith to such an extent that he will fill his boots on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:10 pm

carburyman wrote:
Think early will start with lynch ready to come in.
I think this too. I just can't wait for this match!!
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:27 pm

Think all the lads will be well up for this one..Will be tough game and hopefully kildare by 4 or 5.
Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:38 pm

flourman wrote:
carburyman wrote:

Completely Agree - Smith has been showing brilliantly in all games this year. His link up play is exceptional. His scoring rate has been a bit disappointing - but I still would rather no other Kildare player 1 and 1 situation bearing down on goal.

All Kildare forwards at one stage or another have come the party in a big way throughout the summer in a scoring sense, Smith has not be prolific but I sense this Sunday might be his day. All the Down talk during the build up will be focusing on how to stop Doyle/Kav - hopefully they will have neglected Smith to such an extent that he will fill his boots on Sunday.

Completely agree too.. this guy is a serious forward, yeah he's a little off where he can be with regard to his full potential, but make no doubt Smithy is lethal! if there is any one that can get a goal for kildare it is Alan Smith i.e poached one against meath amongst others.. Smithy has been out of sorts all season but he is still a huge threat, as carburyman rightly says, his link up play is exceptional and yes he is due a big game!! and I feel that it aint too far away!!!
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:45 pm

Agree with all of ye,this i think will be smithys day,if he gets the quick ball he will put it away.
Think all the forwards will be up for this,and chatting to a few you would know that,and there not looking beyond this game
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:09 pm

The problem with playing in a two man full forward line is that you tend to be outnumbered when the ball does come in. He has been a great ball winner the past two games, often with two men on him. That reduces the goal chances you get.

Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:13 pm

There wasnt too many around him against Meath.If he gets his chance on sunday,he will take it.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:29 pm

Well that was a situation that arose by chance more than planning. No arguing with the execution though!

My general point is that the full-forwards are (more often than not) forced to lay it off and are suppliers as much as finishers.

Take Eoghan Flats first point the last day: long ball from Mac, pop-pass by Smithy, point by Flats. Also, JD's "put it up" moment came after Jimmers won the ball in the corner, realised he was outnumbered and recycled to JD.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:32 pm

KFM have said that Dermot will undergo a fitness test to see if he can start on Sunday. Even the fact that he is fit enough to take the test shows he is close and we will see him at some stage if not from the start.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Agree with rgb
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Well if he is 75%fit he will start,as i said in an early post,20 mins from Dermot will be great
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:43 pm

carburyman wrote:
Well if he is 75%fit he will start,as i said in an early post,20 mins from Dermot will be great

ye carburyman just to see dermott start would set thje place alight imagine the cheer the lift we would get and that would transmit to the players
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Will be great cheer when his name is called out.Even if he does not make it,imagine him coming off the bench with 20mins to go..
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:57 pm

We wont know if the great man is playing until the team is named on Sunday. KFM will be kept guessing the same as the rest of us. Geezer has never had much love for the scribes, he has learned how to use them tho. I dont see this announcement as any different.
I will be amazed if Demot starts, having seen him around the club recently he isnt moving as well as Id hope. But who knows, the man is made of stern stuf. Sunday will tell all....
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:36 pm

ah word will get around before sunday wether he is playing,i think he will start!!
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:50 pm

I would start him over bringing him on.I know we beat Meath without him but he was there for the warm up and he was in the dressing room as a starter. I think it would be a dent in the teams confidence if he wasn't starting. Even playing at a lot lower level, I never really take much notice of subs or changes during games but a lad missing from the dressing room can effect me.

Smithy is due a big one but his off the ball you is beyond questioning. I have never seen him to do anything but work his socks off.

As for Mac, he has been super all championship. Sometimes I wonder if lads bring up previous performances just so they can turn around some day and say "told you so"
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:53 pm

''told ya so's'' are the most annoying people ever!!!
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Just got text to say Early will start....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:09 am

All over the papers and RTE that he is starting too... since yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Footballers Training Update
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next