Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Footballers Training Update

Go down 
+37
kildarecat
Stonecold
rgb
wingback
kartman
FearBan
peile
rboy
if_in_doubt
Ohtoohtobe
lomond
racer
Onhisboot
Pure White
samm2010
Sam1928
armagh4sam
bob12
analysis
Rex
Loads of Pints
Derfil
kickingking
bloodsub
jj
Ogie
flourman
gaaweb
koko39
carburyman
Arkle
walsheman
Ned
Jimmy winning matches
righthalfforward
shoutitout
GaaHead
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 5:27 am

fone they'll find you where ever your hiding.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:01 am

JME wrote:
fone they'll find you where ever your hiding.

I hope not or we'd never know anything!!
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:39 am

Cribben is definitely going to Oz.

Great to hear Dermot is training, jaysus that man is made of some stuff!!
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:25 am

Wuhoo, dermot back training is super news!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:27 am

Tonight was due to be Dermot's first night back after the operation... was he jogging? If so, that's brilliant news and I'd be delighted to be wrong about my pessimistic prognosis.

Bringing the minors in is just sensible and building for the future - I'm sure with Cribbo it's a bid to get him to change his mind. It worked with Cork and Ciaran Sheehan last year. Dowling is a serious prospect and I feel he wasn't utilised at his best in the corner for the minors. Look at Peter Kelly and Rob Kelly, how much they improved for being involved at that level of preparation. HOpefully it'll work for the lads.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:20 am

Fantastic news re Dermot.

If he's anyway fit he has to start as far as I'm concerned. It would be very risky bringing him on after 50 minutes or an hour because if he aggravates the injury again, we'll have used up two of the five possible substitutions.

If we only get a good half out of him so be it. We have plenty of players who can come in and do a job for us at midfield - Lynch, Chalky, Roli, Whyte.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:07 pm

Dermot did a running session tonight, but had no visible limp that had been there previously.

A tough session. A few sat out due to little knocks, but everyone is expected to be okay...
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Was it an open session?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:32 pm

GaaHead wrote:
Dermot did a running session tonight, but had no visible limp that had been there previously.

A tough session. A few sat out due to little knocks, but everyone is expected to be okay...

I'd say every session since Meath has gone up a notch or two. Starting spots are highly prized now.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Think these lads will be focused on the down match,very low key build up to this match.
Just what we want.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Its very low key, There wasn't even anything in this week's leinster Leader about it. Its good . Will suit us!
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Yeah just hope its not to low key.the built up will start on monday i say.
Maybe the break will have done the good,but there are all very relaxed and going well in training
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:17 pm

sounds great all the lads a flying.
I will never forget 98 the build up to the final was too much I felt it in my waters on the sunday morning. I was headin into town for the game and I saw the wedding of Lillie and sam in our club we were just too hyped could see nothing but a win. 12 years on I can only begin say Galway were much more focused and the better team on the day ,P joyce alluded to this during the week.

Back to 2010 I feel the management team is doing a sterling job keeping the feet of the players on the ground. I don't know anybody on this team and they seem more grounded and commited to the job on the pitch. I knew a good few of the lads from 97-03 they were good but even talking to the older gang they seem to think that the management is far better more organised well. So at 17.10pm on the 29th will tell us .

i Just hope we all get there in 1 piece, as fans all we have to do is believe this is going to be it . 82 years of waiting the celbrations will be greater than when clare won in 1995 effectively it will be our 1st All -Ireland

Lads(plyayers management) all I can say is keep the faith you are already winners in my eyes

cill dara abu agus buíochas a milliún fir
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Winners in my eyes as well,Lets get over the 29th and then keep our feet on the ground ,and god know,s what will happen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Whatever happens on the 29th, this year has been a huge sucess. Every year under McGeeney we have improved on the previous year.
Year one: Last 8
Year two: Leinster Final and Last 8
Year 3: Semi Final (minimum)

I know the lads maybe had their eyes on a Leinster championship this year, but getting to the last 4 is a huge step in the development of this team.
The emergence of P.Kelly, E.Flats and also the continuing maturing of Flynn,Jimmers,Flats Senior, Hank, and the team as a whole bodes well for the future.
I wish the lads well for the 29th, but whatever the outcome I'm still very happy with the year and indeed as always proud to be a lily.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:52 pm

These lads had the sights on a leinster this year.But as fionnmccool said every year we have got better.
The future for kildare is great,and this year alone could be the best ever.
Roll on the 29th,these lads deserve an all-ireland
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:04 pm

carburyman wrote:
These lads had the sights on a leinster this year.

Had this argument with someone on the old site after he kicked up after Louth.

The players' sightsmay have been here, but I can guarantee you that the management team were looking further. Geezer simply wouldn't not aim for the best.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:07 pm

agreed A4s, Geezer would never settle for less than what is possible.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Agree with both of ye,this management team will not settle until we win some sliver ware.
They go into the finest detail with everyone,and would say that they have watched every down game that they had played this year
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:20 am

Heard geezer has the boys training at 3pm today specifically to avoid the lads watching the Dublin-Cork game. Good choice in my view
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:39 am

jj wrote:
Heard geezer has the boys training at 3pm today specifically to avoid the lads watching the Dublin-Cork game. Good choice in my view

Agree with that. I'm starting to feel what it's going to be like at 3.30 next Sunday and god it will be electric.

They'd be better of watching the game as a team during the week when they can be more analytical and less caught up in the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:15 am

jj wrote:
could they in johntownbridge for weekend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:01 am

They trained in the curragh , a practice match. I believe down jerseys were involved in the training session.
Dermot didn't play in match, he done some jogging.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:05 am

cork had practice match in training they used blue jerseys
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:09 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
They trained in the curragh , a practice match. I believe down jerseys were involved in the training session.
Dermot didn't play in match, he done some jogging.

Wherabouts in The Curragh?. Down on the McDonagh pitch?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Footballers Training Update   Kildare Footballers Training Update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Footballers Training Update
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next