Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12

Go down 
+46
Misneach
shoutitout
Ogie
losthope
Jimmy winning matches
hawker
Big Full Back
Pure White
tomoneillandhissisteranne
parcel
if_in_doubt
Sam1928
Taibi
kickingking
standhimup
murof
MD
naked-lilly
KE4SAM
Rex
Come on the Boys in Blue
smokey
Ohtoohtobe
rgb
carburyman
TheBigFullForward
TommyKeegan
Blackadder
overthebar
Lily8
lilywhites on tour
ElGuerrouj
kelf
gaaman
Stonecold
koko39
stanley
Highball
Derfil
alcho0
Dinny Breen
Could'nt Trap Cement
Maynoothlillie
kildaregaa365
townend
mrblobby
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:20 pm

the summers not over yet the juniors are out next week in an all ireland semi would be great to see a good strong crowd in newbridge!
Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:32 pm

naked-lilly wrote:
the summers not over yet the juniors are out next week in an all ireland semi would be great to see a good strong crowd in newbridge!

Yes Naked Lily, your right, in my depressed state I have forgotten our Juniors!
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:39 pm

AMEN!!!!!
Looking forward to it - and the international factor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:46 am

After the dust has settled everyone will assess what happened on Sat. We weren't as quick as Donegal when it came to Extra Time. McGuinness used his head and made a few changes. Maybe that was the time that we should have brought in fresh legs. It's not like McGeeney to be caught out like that. Yes we started the Extra Time strong but our 3 changes to their 5 changes were probably the difference. Had all the memories of Jodie Devine in 97' coming back to haunt us.

McGeeney called it as it was at the end of the match. He said it's football and some you win some you lose. We've great back's. Our scoring against is prob. one of the best around but our old failing's up from are letting us down. Long range scoring is the only way to defeat teams like Donegal. O'Connor did as much as he could with the supply of ball he was getting but unlike previous games where he was winning 70-80% of balls on Sat. it was always going to be tough with men in front and behind. Yes the goal was a bitter pill to swallow but we can look at the Meath match and it's role reversal.

All in all the better team on the day won but I feel Kildare if they played to their full potential would have come out on top.... McGeeney to stay and for the league experiment on getting forwards constantly scoring from 35+ yards. We have a super defence but we need to get our scoring boots working.

Cill Dara Abu....
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 4:26 am

Think the lads will regroup on the leadership of Geezer and Johnny,and give it one more go.Yes we are all up the air will th grat man say,this is a must.He is no a quitter,and will leave no stone un turned to bring us to the holy land.Bring on the Juniors and then next year..Once again well done lads,
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 4:28 am

Haven spoken to a few of the lads over the lads two days,there are more than able to bring in on for nxt year,roll on 2012 Come on the lillies
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:04 am

I would'nt expect any less of them carburyman they have came back from worse, in my humble opinion all of our injuries finally caught up with us, theres not many countys that can cope with losing arguably the best mid-fielder in Ireland, an all-star corner back, a class player in Conway and Lynch was getting better with each game until his injury.

I'm sure when this week is over and the dust settles they will return to their clubs and look forward to the club championships.

Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:45 am

They have taken this bad,but they will regroup on and all.Thanks for the last two nights lads great graic
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:00 am

Jeez the last couple of days haven't been easy so I can imagine how the players and management must feel. It was heartbreaking stuff and a cruel way to go. No chance for another attack to look for the equaliser.

I just hope and pray that this group stay together for one more year. I have every faith that this bunch have the talent to get there. It seems the GAA world has gone anti Kildare anf frankly I don't give a toss. 2012 should be about winning at all costs and it shouldn't make a rats arse who we offend along the way.

Finally a big thank you to the players and management. I spent a fortune on diesel following you and it was worth every single cent. Already looking forward to keeping Topaz going next year again.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:07 am

@WoolertoClomParrkinson

hard luck kildare prob short a top foward and need early back soon , the good news is im on a free transfer next year #kildaregaa
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:19 am

fone wrote:
@WoolertoClomParrkinson

hard luck kildare prob short a top foward and need early back soon , the good news is im on a free transfer next year #kildaregaa

Heard Newcastle are now looking for a new hard man seeing that they let Joey Barton go!!!! Go on and play the other ball game Parkie as that's about your level!!!!
Back to top Go down
townend
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:27 am

seen that Barton will go to where all the good players from merseyside are from Everton

Rooney, micheal owen, ian rush, carragher all bluenoses even Flower was a Everton fan
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:30 am

hawker wrote:

I just hope and pray that this group stay together for one more year. I have every faith that this bunch have the talent to get there. It seems the GAA world has gone anti Kildare anf frankly I don't give a toss. 2012 should be about winning at all costs and it shouldn't make a rats arse who we offend along the way.

I was thinking the exact same thing myself Hawker. I think that's a big ingredient missing from these bunch of lads, they are just to nice. A deep down dirty grudge for everyone and everything outside of Kildare GAA is required something nearly bordering on hate. At the moment that's how I'm feeling.

We should do everything we can next year from being nasty bastards to having a chip on our shoulder so big it needs it's own room. I sure everyone is sick of being nice losers, we should be try being filthy winners.
If other Counties don't like it they can get stuffed.

Don't they have a performance coach to get their heads right. Well I suggest he starts telling them that eveyone hates them and they need to in the words of Ted Walsh "shove it down their throats" by any means necessary.

If you combine good footballers and style to a nasty streak it's hard beat. Easier to beat a good team with nice players than a bunch of horrible gits.

Three basic things for next year:

1. Geezer and his back room team to stay.
2. all players to give it another shot and for Gods sake a reduction in injuries.
3. An attitude towards other teams so bad it makes your head spin.

Nobody remembers good losers but they will damn sure remember bad winners.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:36 am

need for next year
other midfielder
free taker can take fron left or right side and 45s
2 or 3 forwards
replace niall carew as selector
Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:50 am

Don't agree with you about the forwards Fone, Yes this wasn't a great year for them but they are good enough!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 am

That siege mentality thing is nonsense lads. Look at how well it worked for Dublin under Caffrey.

I'll probably be slated for this but does anyone else think that the setup at the moment is a bit too serious and intense? Let me say that I have nothing but respect for the work McGeeney has done and I am certain that there is no team in the country that is as committed as Kildare. Are we too intense about the whole thing though? There seems to be a cult-like aura about the panel in the last few years and we've all heard the stories about the level of training that these lads are putting themselves through. Could it be that there comes a point when it all becomes a bit counter-productive and lads put too much pressure on themselves? At that point, does a fear of failure rather than a belief to kick on and win take over?

We have made massive strides in recent years but it does appear that we will have to change one or two things to make further progress. I think almost everyone is agreed that the clubs should be given greater access to the county players. Not only would this benefit the club game, but I also believe that it would be good for the county lads to take a step back from all things Kildare. It works for the likes of Kerry and the Kilkenny hurlers, so why do we do it differently?

It's clearly very premature to be calling for changes to the management team because we are not too far away and hopefully we will have a full deck to pick from next year - Dermot, Kelly, Conway etc. I do think we need to alter the way we approach the championship though and maybe it is a case of less being more?

Just throwing it out there.....
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:36 am

kickingking wrote:
That siege mentality thing is nonsense lads. Look at how well it worked for Dublin under Caffrey.

Don't agree there KK. Many great teams and individuals have fed off a siege mentality. As much as I dislike the man Alex Ferguson has made a carrier out of it. Even Donegal this year have it, they don't care what anybody thinks of them as long as they are winning and winning is what they are doing.

One of my favourite sportsmen Seve Ballesteros was treated so badly by the American PGA when he first went over to America he made it his lifes work to beat them as many times as he could. Every time he went to America to play he took the view that they were all out to get him so he fed of that and wanted to beat them by as much as he possibly could and he usually did.

Just type Siege mentality in sport into Google and see how many sports use it. On the first two pages we have Soccer, golf, Rugby, Rugby League and Australian Rules The one thing in common is they all want it and try and find a way of getting it.

I think the Kildare lads need it to, whether they can get it is another thing entirely.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:57 am

I think Armagh under Kernan had a hate streak and it worked for them so I think definitley,win at all costs!

I think for next year we need to start building momentum from the start through the league,promotion is vital I think. If we are playing the best,we have experience of playing the best and hopefully beating the best. I do think we need another corner forward,surely there is one out there. I think our defence is solid and with Peter Kelly to come back and Mikey Conway in the half back line, I think we could have one of the best 1-7 players in the land. We need Hugh Lynch and Daryl Flynn to stay fit and we got to remember we got some great players like Fogarty,Dowling and Brophy coming through along with more and the core of this team are still young. The future is bright.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 am

Kickingking you make a fair point and I am inclined to agree, as for the seige mentality I think the panel could not be more isolated, the have been locked away from their clubs and in recent weeks from their supporters, if it gets any worse the will have to be based on the moon.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:12 am

Great post Kicking King. I agree with you too.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 pm

fone wrote:
need for next year
other midfielder
free taker can take fron left or right side and 45s
2 or 3 forwards
replace niall carew as selector

interested in a few things here fone, as you're close to teh set-up

Midfielder - yes, I think we have three in Rob, Hugh and Flynner, and hopefully the Great Man will be back

Definitely agree on the free-taker - interesting the Flatts did improve the other day but 45s cannot be missed at the top level and most frees inside that.

We have Dowling, Hurley and Moolick after a year in that set-up, I'd hope they'll have more to add again next year (and the next 10 years)

I know little about how the management set-up works so I don't know what replacing Carew would achieve. Because you're close to the set-up I presume it has more to do than what is said in the papers by him, because obviously he's just transmitting the messages management want transmitted. I would have thought the forward play had improved considerably under his coaching, although it stagnated a bit this year, no question. The defence improved big time under O'Rourke but there is still a hole through the middle at times. I'm a big fan of Morgan's, but I still think we're looking for a centre-back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:38 pm

Ogie wrote:

I know little about how the management set-up works so I don't know what replacing Carew would achieve. Because you're close to the set-up I presume it has more to do than what is said in the papers by him, because obviously he's just transmitting the messages management want transmitted. I would have thought the forward play had improved considerably under his coaching, although it stagnated a bit this year, no question. The defence improved big time under O'Rourke but there is still a hole through the middle at times. I'm a big fan of Morgan's, but I still think we're looking for a centre-back.

Agree 100%, maybe a change in regards forwards coaching is needed.

Regarding centre back,What would people think of the possibility of Daryl Flynn playing centre back? The man has a serious engine, is big and strong and reads the game so well. We have options like Hugh Lynch, Kelly, Dermot (fingers crossed) and JD for the middle.

Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:45 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
Ogie wrote:

Regarding centre back,What would people think of the possibility of Daryl Flynn playing centre back? The man has a serious engine, is big and strong and reads the game so well. We have options like Hugh Lynch, Kelly, Dermot (fingers crossed) and JD for the middle.

Totally agree with this , flynn should defintely be tried there next year as he does a serious amount of great defensive work from midfield as it is and hopefully a fit dermont and lynch could possibly be one of the best midfield pairings in the country
Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:47 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
Ogie wrote:

I think we need a forward coach, period, a natural forward who has played at the highest level and can coach the younger guys, I think someone like Fionn would benefit hugely from it.

Daryl could certainly be a good option in centre half back, only thing I would be concerned about and I'm sure he could improve on it (just like McGeeney himself did) is his quality of passing ball?!?
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Team for next year should go along these lines imo barring injuiries and loss of form
connolly
kelly
foley
hugh
bolton
flyyn
conway
earley
lynch
doyle
kelly
eoghan flats
smyth
o'connor
kavanagh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next