Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12

Go down 
+46
Misneach
shoutitout
Ogie
losthope
Jimmy winning matches
hawker
Big Full Back
Pure White
tomoneillandhissisteranne
parcel
if_in_doubt
Sam1928
Taibi
kickingking
standhimup
murof
MD
naked-lilly
KE4SAM
Rex
Come on the Boys in Blue
smokey
Ohtoohtobe
rgb
carburyman
TheBigFullForward
TommyKeegan
Blackadder
overthebar
Lily8
lilywhites on tour
ElGuerrouj
kelf
gaaman
Stonecold
koko39
stanley
Highball
Derfil
alcho0
Dinny Breen
Could'nt Trap Cement
Maynoothlillie
kildaregaa365
townend
mrblobby
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:15 am

Lots of activity here at the moment. Shows how bad the kerry/limerick game is!!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:37 am

stanley wrote:
I don't think TK would be physically able to type if Kildare supporters heard him saying the lads sh#t their shorts yesterday , never mind what would happen to him if he said it to Geezer and the team.
I was heartbroken at the final whistle but applauded Kildare off the pitch and appreciated the effort those men had made in what was a massive battle against the Ulster champions.
Waiting around in an emptying stadium acting forlorn and full of sorrow sounds like a" poor me" spoiled child looking for attention.

Charming. I gave my honest opinion, and I get threatened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 am

Geezer agreed to another 3 years this time last year. I can't see much changing.

In the coming months I think he will analyse the whole year from a footballing level and a management level and leave no stone unturned in the quest for further improvement.

It's a hard defeat to take and you have to wonder how many times these lads can come back from heartache but time heals all wounds and with 5 months until the road begins again I'm sure the hunger,body and mentally everyone will be revitalised. It may have been a harsh lesson but I think it will stand to them.

I can't stress enough how much we need to get out of division 2 next year. It's not entirely dining with the top table if we but it could serve as a starter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:42 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
stanley wrote:
I don't think TK would be physically able to type if Kildare supporters heard him saying the lads sh#t their shorts yesterday , never mind what would happen to him if he said it to Geezer and the team.
I was heartbroken at the final whistle but applauded Kildare off the pitch and appreciated the effort those men had made in what was a massive battle against the Ulster champions.
Waiting around in an emptying stadium acting forlorn and full of sorrow sounds like a" poor me" spoiled child looking for attention.

Emotions are running high lads after yesterday, people are typing things that they possibly wouldn't normally. People should take 24/48hrs to reflect on everything before posting.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 am

Hard to put emotions into words after that result, can't even begin to imagine how the players and backroom team are feeling today.

These lads have put their hearts into this, put their bodies on the line time and time again and made incredible sacrifices to represent their county. The commitment, passion and work rate shown by everybody involved throughout the year has been simply faultless. Anybody who feels the need to come on here and have a go at players, have a go at the management team, calls them bottlers and asks for McGeeney to move on really needs to look at themselves and ask why they bother following the team.

Sickening defeat to take, the worst part is we didn't play anywhere near our potential, if we did then we'd be surely celebrating a semi final place. Not enough good ball into the forwards, some poor wides kicked, they gave their all and left everything they had in them on the field, but it just wasn't to be, there's no point dwelling on what could have been.

This team has both the footballing ability and mental strength to come through this, no doubt of that.

It's been one hell of a year, 18 matches, 13 wins, 1 draw and 4 defeats, for the year they've given me, I thank them for all their efforts.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:53 am

Lads what a year kildare have gave us.Think today is the worst i have felt since 98.The players are really down,and know they left it behind them.Just heard that there is a strong chance that geezer will go.Every one of us and kildare county board need to do everything they can to keep this man and backroom team.
I like the rest of the people in here know that were not far away from the holy land.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:56 am

He better not go thats all I can say, he must stay!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 am

Just to make it clear we need McGeeney to stay, bottlers is the wrong word but if we are to analyse that honestly, and other similar defeats, particularly Down last year, we lose too many close games late on in the season when we are in a good position against inferior opposition. Yesterday we cracked mentally when we were comfortable with just a few minutes to go and it was so obvious watching it and very hard to see a team shrink and shrivel and resort to that fouling when they should have grown in confidence and finished it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:58 am

if_in_doubt wrote:

These lads have put their hearts into this, put their bodies on the line time and time again and made incredible sacrifices to represent their county. The commitment, passion and work rate shown by everybody involved throughout the year has been simply faultless.

Agree 100%. They are a very talented bunch of footballers and role models to future Kildare players as to the sacrifices and commitment it takes at this level. They will be back again next year, you fall off the horse, you get back up and go again and learn from it. Geezer will no doubt add some further players to the panel for next year along with returning players and the show will be on the road once again. At the end of they day there was only going to be one winner and 31/32 odd teams disappointed and disillusioned.

Its very hard to take at the moment, but this is the best way to look at it, for sanity's sake.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:02 am

And one final thing, for those questioning me over my reaction, just text McGeeney a lengthy message about why the county is desperate for him to stay!
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:09 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
And one final thing, for those questioning me over my reaction, just text McGeeney a lengthy message about why the county is desperate for him to stay!

Give us his number so we can all do the same...
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:10 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
stanley wrote:

I didn't threaten you. I disagree with your post about the team Sh#tting themselves.
In my opinion it wouldn't be the most clever thing to say to other supporters or the team members but by all means do so if you wish.

Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:26 am

We need gezzer to stay,and speaking to a few of the lads night,yes there hurt yes there down,but they will be back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:27 am

reply to my pm carburyman
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:31 am

The players will no doubt be hurt but they'll no doubt be back stronger for this.

Say a few of them out last night, wasn't talking to them much other than a "hard luck" and that but they seemed ok, obviously sore from the loss but were able to kick back, have a few drinks and enjoy themselves nonetheless. The atmosphere around them is one of a club team, these lads will able to overcome this like they have in the past.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:50 am

I always said the only team that would beat Kildare is Kildare. Looking at the matches today hmmm;

1. Are we good enough to win Sam? I believe we are.
2. Did we have the panel yesterday to win Sam? No, too many key injuries. Lads ran themselves into the ground. Leper was injured during the game and couldn't get going, JD got injured early in the game. Daryl Fynn and Hugh Mc ran themselves into the ground.
3. From posiitons 1 to 9 we have as good as anything else in the country. But how do you break down a 7 on 2 defence? Thats where you need your JD's, Lepers , Jimmers, Eoin and Emmet running at the Donegal defence playing it tight and side stepping tackles it didn't get going yesterday. We had enough possession but it just didn't work.
4. Why does supporting Kildare feel like a Terry Prachett book???
5. Finally Geezer must stay, JD must stay, please please give us an injury free 2012..........
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:23 am

TommyKeegan wrote:

Fair Play Tk, I think maybe you realise your choice of words was wrong but because it was from a man of your writing talents it was a a shame. However emotions are running as high as I have ever felt after yesterday. It's not only the weather that's depressing, the whole county seems to be in mourning today.

Anyway I think the four games in four weeks coupled with all the injuries just caught up on us. Yes I agree the game should have been closed out but realistically it was five minutes to much.

I hope anyone who is friends with any of the squad portrays how proud of them we are and that we will be back next year so they must also. That's what supporting is all about. It's easy when you win but when you lose that's the time to rally round.
I have no doubt we will be back here next year again and hopefully whatever bad luck is at work will have got bored and moved onto some one else
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:03 am

Unfair to say we shit ourselves... We were a point up in injury time of xtra time. Not much you can do about points goin over from 40/50 yards..the lads were out on there feet towards the end...you could really tell who the fresh players were... Sweeney smith Conway...

one thing is for sure tho... If you put Kerry Tyrone or cork in our position goin into second half of xtra time they would see it out.
It was cryin out for jimmers... Someone with composure to keep the ball when we got ahead...

Oh yeah and we were fuckin rode again by a fuckin wanker ref.

Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:22 am

I'm hugely disappointed with the result yesterday. Emotionally, as a Kildare supporter, of course but we led by three points, having dominated the first period of extra time. Ten minutes left, three up. What happened?
We had already kicked ourselves out of a lead then kicked ourselves back in, in the closing minutes of normal time. So what happened in the second half of extra time?
Tiredness? Probably a part of it.
Wrong options? Yes in some cases.
Bad kicking? Yes, as throughout the championship.

Everyone who posts here regularly loves KIldare and Kildare football.
We all say things in the heat of the moment that we regret. Hogan Stand has one good thing going for it - a bar on posting late at night.
We all want an All Ireland for Kildare but we simply don't have the forwards who are scoring regularly enough from thirty yards out to win it at the moment.
Do we have them in the county? Maybe/ maybe not.
JD was injured early on yesterday - that cost us.
Anyway - the anger, the hurt, the disappointment and the hopelessness will settle in the coming days.
But - yes - we are in danger of being a second Mayo - glorious losers forever. Today is an exception for Mayo)

Will McGeeney stay? I hope so.
Might he go? Of course, if only because he may feel he cannot get anything more out of this team.
Other counties will want him.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:43 am

Did anyone hear JD's KFM interview some indication in that he was going to retire. Clearly distraguht,tough listening.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:52 am

I got the impression from his interview he might retire too. I hope he stays for another year. He's been such a brilliant player for Kildare and given such commitment and dedication to play for his county since his career began. We may wait and see I suppose but it wouldn't surprise me if he does go.
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:01 am

First time ive seen the replay of the 'square ball' goal it break you hearth ......
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:27 am

Ah god looking back at The Sunday Game O'Connor's goal was perfect. I honestly think we would have won if his goal was given.

When are these bad decisions going to stop? It's bad enough to get beaten fairly but it's fierce hard to watch us getting unfair decisions against us. I'd love to see them interviewing the referees after the match and questioning them on some of their decisions.
Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Just back down from Kildare and first chance to post..

Im Gutted! same shit again! it feels terrible as a supporter, what must it be like for the Lads?

They put so much effort into it, I just hope they all can find 'it', to come back next year and try again, but I must say and especially listening to Johnny on KFM after the match he must be really questioning what he is going to do, I have no doubt he wants to play for Kildare for as long as he can. But listening to his tone he seemed to be questioning his future, and could anyone he appreciates John Doyle blame him?!?. Like, how could a legend of the game want to keep playing considering the abuse he gets on the field playing the beautiful game the way it should be played?
From the through in they took him out and no one tell me that wasn't there game plan!!
Which brings me on to the shite which they played, I have great time for donegal people and their fans but what muck football, constant cynical fouling, off the ball fouling and 'un-fair play', its murdering the game, and all happens so fast that the game can't be officiated in a proper manner.
I really though Coldrick was a top referee, so either he isn't or he just could not keep up with the pace of the game and control the persistent fouling? Maybe,because there was so much of it he couldn't keep track of it all and punish the culprits, I won't even talk about the Goal, I'm sure the kildare under 6 fans were screaming at the telly! And as for umpires and side line officials and proper officiation of the game the GAA need to get their house in order, there are rules in black and white that are not been adhered too and I think the GAA are the only ones who can sort this out, to be fair to referees, it must be very difficult for everything to be seen on the field when it is moving at the pace it moved on saturday. But unless the rules are followed and the game been played properly then our game is slowly being destroyed and teams like Kildare who play a beautiful brand of football will always find themselves falling short. How an ever we struggled with the long ball, too many times it was not the quality to reach our full forward line and as a consequence allowed them to counter on us and create chances.
Must say though, Donegal are also one fit team and they fought to the death!
Finally in these recessionary times I want to tank the Lilywhites for given me a great summer, they have done us all proud and I hope they all re-group witht the great McGeaney at the helm and come back next year.

Cill Dara Abu!
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:11 pm

After all that's been said and written in the last thirty six hours let's remember we're all Kildare supporters. Sometimes, in the wake of defeat, the anger is misplaced and the frustration becomes something that's blind and destructive .
The two people my heart goes out to most immediately are Kieran McGeeny and John Doyle.
And yes there were bad calls and bad decisions made and wrong options taken and I was one of the frustrated thousands- we all do it every day.
And yes we need to steel up psychologically - to win what is winnable.
But at the end of the season for us I don't begrudge one penny I spent following KIldare through the O Byrne Cup, the league and the championship and - the Gods willing - I'll be there in January again looking forward. Always looking forward!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next