Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12

Go down 
+46
Misneach
shoutitout
Ogie
losthope
Jimmy winning matches
hawker
Big Full Back
Pure White
tomoneillandhissisteranne
parcel
if_in_doubt
Sam1928
Taibi
kickingking
standhimup
murof
MD
naked-lilly
KE4SAM
Rex
Come on the Boys in Blue
smokey
Ohtoohtobe
rgb
carburyman
TheBigFullForward
TommyKeegan
Blackadder
overthebar
Lily8
lilywhites on tour
ElGuerrouj
kelf
gaaman
Stonecold
koko39
stanley
Highball
Derfil
alcho0
Dinny Breen
Could'nt Trap Cement
Maynoothlillie
kildaregaa365
townend
mrblobby
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:58 pm

I for one would not like to see Flynn moved from midfield, his high fielding would be missed too much even if Dermot was back.
I think a better option at centre back would be Paudi. Has the size, the ability to tackle and his passing is very good. Another option for me would be Moolick.

Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Jaysus Boys, when you select from a full and fit panel, its actually hard to pick the team from No 6 to 15
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:38 pm

Right that's it. Deleting my account here. Iv seen enough.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:53 pm

I cannot believe my eyes here people calling for Flynn to be moved from midfield. Did you guys actually watch our last 2 games?? The man was a giant in the middle. Him and Earley would be the best midfield pairing in years for any county.

Pure madness to move him. It was probably his best game ever for Kildare in midfield last saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:09 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
I cannot believe my eyes here people calling for Flynn to be moved from midfield. Did you guys actually watch our last 2 games?? The man was a giant in the middle. Him and Earley would be the best midfield pairing in years for any county.

Pure madness to move him. It was probably his best game ever for Kildare in midfield last saturday.

I agree Flynn is excellent and is a first choice midfielder. But Centre back has been a problem. Morgan has been good but there is still something lacking.Foley was tried there,Chalky was tried there, Callaghan and Flanagan were all tried there and we're still no closer to a solution.

Playing Flynn there was a suggestion if and only if Earley and Hugh Lynch were available.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Jerry Lawlor. Clearly your GAA knowledge is wasted here, you will be recruited by McGeeney and Grimley any day now.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:41 pm

Lads whos to say that Johnny will around next year......
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Like many I'm guessing, I haven't had the inclination or ability to post up to now. I was just too disappointed, angry, devastated and disillusioned. Not saying I'm over those emotions at this stage but the positivity and hope for the future is beginning to eek back.

Just a few things floating through my brain about the happenings of the year and especially the last 5 days.

My girlfriend happens to be from Donegal! So you can imagine the time I've been getting over the last few days from her friends and family. On Friday evening last a few of them came down to our house for the match. One of them is close to the Donegal set up. He asked me what the hell one of our selectors was doing with his comments about cynical fouling etc. At this stage I didn't know what he was talking about as it hadn't appeared in the paper yet. He said the team weren't impressed and were using it as a major motivation factor. I can't see what Kildares backroom team were hoping to achieve by making these comments within hours of our biggest game of the year. However use it Donegal did and successfully so it seems! It would serve McGuinness well at this stage though to shut his mouth and get on with the job in hand too. He seems to want to pick arguments from everywhere. It's important to be a gracious loser but it's just as important to be a gracious winner, but I wish them luck for the rest of the year.

I hate this attitude that if you complain about being wronged in a match you are looked upon as a bad loser. I could see McGeeneys frustrations after the game and I'm sure he'd love to have let fly. But of course you can't do that. We weren't the only ones this year who bore the brunt of bad decisions but every manager seems afraid to say anything or try do anything about it. I wonder if every manager who was the victim of a blatant bad decision this year all got together to address it would it achieve anything? Probably not.

As for the match itself, as many have said we didn't play to the standard we know we can. It seems every game a different player rises to the dizzy heights of brilliance. It was Flynn on Saturday and on other days it was Bolton, Leper and so on. God if all of these player hit those heights on the same day we would annihialate any team. I'm not going into the square ball decision. There's no need. We all feel the same about it. It was one of the most frustrating decisions I've ever experienced as a supporter. But it was one of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced in Croker. It was an amazing game to witness. One minute I was off my seat going mad, shouting and celebrating a score or good play. The next minute the other half was! I went from heaven to hell and back again over those 90 minutes and ended in hell. At the final whistle I was sitting there in the Hogan, my head buried in my hands in exhaustion, devastation and disbelief. Herself was standing going ballistic with joy beside me. It was almost surreal.

Like the majority of right minded people who love and want the best for Kildare, I sincerely hope Geezer will stay. I'm worried he won't but think he will. He's not a quitter as we all know.

I want to join all other genuine Kildare supporters in thanking the players, management and everybody involved for the year just passed and also for the previous three years. It's been an amazing journey so far and I genuinely believe it's not over yet.

Back to top Go down
jafm
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi guys,
Was reading some of the posts and just felt the need to register. Im beginning to wonder if Kildare supporters have got so used to losing that they forget all the other elements of playing sport, their not robots programmed to do a job and as per usual the common quote is that their just not good enough. How do you know that, they have never been given a fair chance to prove it either way.
Always remember that doing someting for the first time is always the hardest, whether that be in sport or life in general, but to be continuously having injustices served upon you while trying to do it, you sometimes wonder if you'll ever get there.
Lets look at the facts- Kildare v Down- 12 mins gone score Kil 3,Down 1, Half Time Down had 1-9 on the board(out of a final total of 1-16) in other words they scored half of their final total in 23 mins following the square ball goal. Not only that but Kildare fight back and then are denied a penalty with 2 mins to go when the Down man dives on the ball in the square (a fact very conveniently forgotton everywhere).
Kildare v Donegal-41 mins gone Kil 6, Don 3, 58mins gone Kil 7, Don 1-7, in other words Donegal scored 1-4 in 17mins following the diallowed goal, their total at FT was only 1-7 so more than half their total.
Then i listen to these experts telling me that if Kildare were good enough they should be able to overcome these incidents, the same experts who say that physcologically Kildare will be worried that they havnt beaten Dublin with 14 men, twice in 3 years.
But these two incidents had no physcological impact on the players when they happened???. Its not like the old days, the players can see the incident on the big screen. Now if you were playing and saw what had happened not once, this was the 4th major incident in 11 months going against you, how would feel?
Or maybe more relevant if you were playing & saw the incidents going for you, how would you feel?
My brother who ironically lives in Donegal, was at the match with me & turned to me after the goal was disallowed and said "come on we may as well go home now, cause were going to get rode again"
Guys, were the suckers of the GAA, well fill Croke Park for them up to Q/Fs but we dont fill hotel rooms or bars in Dublin on S/F or Final day, filling the stadium isnt a problem on those days, they let us through to S/F last year because Meath supporters would do the same as us, travel up & down on the day of the match, so no difference really.
Anyway, thats my rant about it, until video evidence is introduced, il be sitting on a bar stool watching it in future, id prefer to give my hard earned money to my local pub than give it to the GAA.
Back to top Go down
jafm
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:15 am

townend wrote:
i thought the ref did a good job on it he let a lot of football flow, look Pat Spillane said that in total
that Donegal went 57 minutes without scoring out of 90 plus minutes so you can't blame the ref for that kildare have came up short again because they haven't 3 or 4 top forwards that you need to win
tight big games.

The referre in the Ireland v France game in Paris over 2 years ago did a great job too, other than the fact he got the decision on the major incident in the game (i.e Henry's handball) wrong?
How do you think the referree on Sat night did now?
Back to top Go down
jafm
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:22 am

gaaman wrote:
Donegal had their gameplan, we all knew it, the kildare team\managers knew it.
At the end of the day, their gameplan won.
It's not pretty, it won't beat any team by much, but it doesn't have to.

Yea, Kildare had a gameplan too, to go out & bury Donegal at the start of the second half, something they did but yet again was taken away from them
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:31 am

I am living in West Cork and have missed 1 championship game in the last 3 years, very few before that either. I have brought my son and nephew (he's living in Laois so needs all the help he can get) to a fair few of those games aswell. I don't want to dare guess how much money i have spent in following this team and am sure most of you are the same.

Out of respect for fans and players from all counties the GAA need to do something even if it costs money. I don't know if the solution is Hawk-eye, video replays, paying referees and umpires but doing a sepp blatter on it isn't going to help.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 4:16 am

Sam1928 wrote:

only for flynn on saturday we have no midfield
lads we all should go as many club championship games as we can and report back on players would are worth a shot next year
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:36 am

I'm sure it's all been said 10 times over on this forum in the last few days but it truly was gutting the way we lost that.

I'd just like to say I thought Daryl Flynn was immense in midfield on Saturday, definitely his best game for Kildare. He deservedly got Man of the Match in the Indo. If only we had Hugh Lynch fit alongside him to kick a couple of long range points. Crying or Very sad

Like fone says it's time to turn our attention to the club championship now, Moorefield will be hard beat.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:44 am

connolly
kelly
foley
hugh
bolton
flyyn
conway
earley
lynch
doyle
kelly
eoghan flats
smyth
o'connor
kavanagh

Im giving up going to games.. Ur thinking of lining out without Leper and Mogan IMO the two cleverest players we have. Leper had a poor game by his standards on sat but if we are to win something its the creative players we need, on one leg i'd play him.
Some people are sugesting Flynner for CHB I'd love to see Hugh Mac get a run there no real reason just a hunch he cud do damage going forward.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 11:01 pm

jafm wrote:
Hi guys,
Was reading some of the posts and just felt the need to register. Im beginning to wonder if Kildare supporters have got so used to losing that they forget all the other elements of playing sport, their not robots programmed to do a job and as per usual the common quote is that their just not good enough. How do you know that, they have never been given a fair chance to prove it either way.
Always remember that doing someting for the first time is always the hardest, whether that be in sport or life in general, but to be continuously having injustices served upon you while trying to do it, you sometimes wonder if you'll ever get there.
Lets look at the facts- Kildare v Down- 12 mins gone score Kil 3,Down 1, Half Time Down had 1-9 on the board(out of a final total of 1-16) in other words they scored half of their final total in 23 mins following the square ball goal. Not only that but Kildare fight back and then are denied a penalty with 2 mins to go when the Down man dives on the ball in the square (a fact very conveniently forgotton everywhere).
Kildare v Donegal-41 mins gone Kil 6, Don 3, 58mins gone Kil 7, Don 1-7, in other words Donegal scored 1-4 in 17mins following the diallowed goal, their total at FT was only 1-7 so more than half their total.
Then i listen to these experts telling me that if Kildare were good enough they should be able to overcome these incidents, the same experts who say that physcologically Kildare will be worried that they havnt beaten Dublin with 14 men, twice in 3 years.
But these two incidents had no physcological impact on the players when they happened???. Its not like the old days, the players can see the incident on the big screen. Now if you were playing and saw what had happened not once, this was the 4th major incident in 11 months going against you, how would feel?
Or maybe more relevant if you were playing & saw the incidents going for you, how would you feel?
My brother who ironically lives in Donegal, was at the match with me & turned to me after the goal was disallowed and said "come on we may as well go home now, cause were going to get rode again"
Guys, were the suckers of the GAA, well fill Croke Park for them up to Q/Fs but we dont fill hotel rooms or bars in Dublin on S/F or Final day, filling the stadium isnt a problem on those days, they let us through to S/F last year because Meath supporters would do the same as us, travel up & down on the day of the match, so no difference really.
Anyway, thats my rant about it, until video evidence is introduced, il be sitting on a bar stool watching it in future, id prefer to give my hard earned money to my local pub than give it to the GAA.

THERE WAS A THIRD MAN ON THE GRASSY KNOLL BUT SHE WAS A WOMAN AND, ANYWAY, THE AMERICANS NEVER LANDED ON THE MOON - IT WAS A STUDIO SET-UP IN HOLLYWOOD. Mad
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 11:40 pm

smokey wrote:
connolly
kelly
foley
hugh
bolton
flyyn
conway
earley
lynch
doyle
kelly
eoghan flats
smyth
o'connor
kavanagh

Im giving up going to games.. Ur thinking of lining out without Leper and Mogan IMO the two cleverest players we have. Leper had a poor game by his standards on sat but if we are to win something its the creative players we need, on one leg i'd play him.
Some people are sugesting Flynner for CHB I'd love to see Hugh Mac get a run there no real reason just a hunch he cud do damage going forward.

Sometimes I wonder if Hugh is wasted in the full back line as he has alot of football in him, plays midfield for DCU and Celbridge. Kelly will come back into the fullback line and I reckon Fitzpatrick could do aj ob here too, freeing Hugh up..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12   Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare 0-14 Donegal 1-12
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6