Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

O Byrne cup 2012

Go down 
+68
lilyban
rgb
topcat
racer
KILL BILL
all_star
Could'nt Trap Cement
parcel
hawker
cilldara07
SeamusMurphy
TommyKeegan
Bān go Lēir
analysis
naked-lilly
browners84
browser
Stonecold
Morrissey
behind the lines
GaaHead
townend
SquareBall
ElGuerrouj
BelieveToAchieve
Lily8
nuxer
Come on the Boys in Blue
Son of Sarsfields
kelf
Breaking Balll
Athyman
tomcruise
walsheman
midfieldmaestro
Frankel
lilywhites on tour
lilysavage
oldspice
Fear An Geata
stanley
bag of white
lastline
flourman
steviegenius
lomond
jj
Jimmy winning matches
if_in_doubt
lilly-exile
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
Derfil
carburyman
peile
Taibi
kickingking
le hit in
Rex
carra2323
bob12
overthebar
Big Full Back
tomoneillandhissisteranne
murof
Lily2016
Gaffer
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:14 am

Actually the truth is colleges don't get home advantage in O'Byrne matches, never did. If Meath had won, yes it would have been in Navan, but they didn't so it will either be Newbridge or Parnell.

Try and keep up.

KK got there first.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:57 pm

kildare at 4/5 is some price,if i had the money i would lump on them!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:08 pm

Rex wrote:
Actually the truth is colleges don't get home advantage in O'Byrne matches, never did. If Meath had won, yes it would have been in Navan, but they didn't so it will either be Newbridge or Parnell.

Try and keep up.

KK got there first.
college never had home advantage since they joined o byrne cup
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:13 pm

If that is the case I stand corrected Rex Surprised , can this be backed up , because if memory serves me right when UCD won the leinster club hurling , they opted for parnell park as their home venue in the club competition ??? , I still see on the leinster gaa website it is still listed as below Rolling Eyes
and it clearly states FIRST NAMED TEAM HOME VENUES IN ALL GAMES in bold at the bottom of the fixtures Rolling Eyes
http://leinster.gaa.ie/fixtures/obyrnecup.asp

13. Meath v D.C.U. 21.1.2012 Navan 7.30pm

14. Kildare v Dublin 22.1.2012 Newbridge 2.00pm

CRAOBH : D.C.U. v 14 29.1.2012 Home Venue 13

[b]
Back to top Go down
Morrissey
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:37 pm

I think we are basing it on all of this years fixtures where the games involving college teams were all away fixtures, even in the bithatimber competition. I cant see why that would change for the final, whoever indeed makes it today.

I also recall the 2010 and 2009 finals which both involved Louth and DCU being played in Drogheda.

Hopefully this brings clarity to this Vital issue!
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Morrissey wrote:
I think we are basing it on all of this years fixtures where the games involving college teams were all away fixtures, even in the bithatimber competition. I cant see why that would change for the final, whoever indeed makes it today.

I also recall the 2010 and 2009 finals which both involved Louth and DCU being played in Drogheda.

Hopefully this brings clarity to this Vital issue!

So that clears it then its either Parnell or Newbridge against DCU

I Stand corrected REX Laughing
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 am

Meath lose to college ????????????????????
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:36 am

Red cad??? for jaysus sake thats weak refing
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:44 am

Very harsh alright, 2 fouls and he's off, the first foul was deserved tbh but on the second one Kinsella could of used a bit of common sense, give him a warning one more foul and he's gone but oh no he had to be the hero and give him red.

Kildare playing well up until the final 3rd, a lot of wides mainly from Conway frees, as I've said on here before why oh why is he taking them? Kicked a great point with his right Shocked and playing well otherwise.

Kelly, Fitzpatrick, Lyons and Flanagan playing brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:14 am

What a block by Kelly, what a player this guy is, one of the best backs in the game!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:17 am

How is Diarmuid Connolly still on the field?? Never seen Kavanagh so animated
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:22 am

Should be gone alright, Kinsella has to be one of the worst referees in the game.

5 point lead with 10 mins to go, if we don't concede a goal the game is ours.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:29 am

Another with the right, what the hell Shocked
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:37 am

Connolly is a ball bag of the highest order.

Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:57 am

It wasn't a harse red on Eoghan at all, it was a very silly foul to commit whilst already on a yellow. The chap does not know how to play that position, I'd expect that to be the end of at experiment. Likewise I'd expect Conway to be taken off free kicking duties.
Excellent defensive performances today and the fitness looks to be top notch. Shaping up nicely for the meaningful games that are coming!
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:29 am

Not one of Flatherty's better games. Just said before he got the red card that he needed to be switched or replaced. First yellow was stupidity and the second well if you didn't have a card before most would be calling for one so to be honest he had to get a 2nd yellow. Good win. Nothing to get excited about yet but looking good going into the league opener. Must have a look at Tyrone on TG4 during the week in the McKenna Cup....
Back to top Go down
browners84
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:30 am

player ratings there lads ???????

connolly- brilliant today super save in the second half and wata catch at th end (Cool
ollie lyons- brilliant game also serious speed just seems to leave men standing (7)
ciaran fitzpatrick- didnt put a foot wrong very strong in the tackle did well on connolly (7)
Peter Kelly- he is such a class act and a great block in the second half (9)
brian flanagan - had a good game didnt put a foot wrong (6)
tommy o neill- very impressed with him today such a low centre of gravity jinking by players(7)
eoghan o flah- harsh enuf red bit o silly tackle all the same(5)
daryl flynn- caught some lovely ball and got back to help out his defence alot very good game (Cool
sweeney- good game great penalty kicked few wides (6)
paudie o neill- got on alot of ball thought he did well nothing too spectacular but did what he had to (6)
mickey conway - kicked the easy frees wide and the hard one over good too see him back doh (6)
tommy molick-big man did ok didnt put a foot wrong (6)
alan smith-showing in spurts his potentiall ended the first half well kicked away a few balls (6)
tomas o connor- what a catch serious target man now we have ta straighten that left foot for him (7)
james kavanagh-quite enough day didnt get much ball good score (6)
hugh mcgrillen- i rate him very highly great score and work rate when introduced brilliant (Cool
fionn dowling- great score great catch to put himself through on goal maybe should have went himself for goal lively when introduced (7)
gary white - did what he had too (6)
eamonn callaghan -didnt get much time (6)

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:48 am

Conolly: Great save in the second half, solid through out, very good under the high ball too. 8

Kelly: Brilliant performance today from the 10' All-star. 10

Fitzpatrick: Solid as a rock, didn't put a foot wrong. 9

Lyons: Again very good in the tackle and made lots of surging runs forward. 9

Flanagan: Mopped up a lot of ball in the first half, quiet enough in the second half. 7

T O' Neill: Not as dominant as last week, played well again though.8

E O' Flaherty: Sent off harshly, although he didn't do himself any favors. 6

Sweeney: Got onto a lot of ball and supported his forwards well 8

Flynn: Was all over the place today, covered every blade of grass. 9

P O' Neill: You can't fault his workrate, the ball didn't fall for him today though. 6

Conway: Few bad wides in the first half, other than that I thought he was very good kicked 2 great points with his right. 8

Moolick: Quiet enough for the newcomer, still finding his feet at this level. 6

Smith: Scored 2 lovely points from play and always made himself available. 7

O' Connor: Won a lot of ball today and laid them off well. 7

Kavanagh: Was taken off after getting yellow, playing well up until then though. 8

McGrillen: Scored a nice point when introduced, workrate was top notch as always. 8

Dowling: Scored a great point and contributed well. 7

Whyte: Done a lot of donkey work and done it well. 6

Callaghan: See above. 6

Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:01 am

Kids out front after the match and all wearing the All White. The whole estates out kicking around. Great to see and roll on the rest of the year. Good result today. Solid performance throughout with lots of room for improvement. Still short a really top class free taker which is a worry.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:13 am

Good win against a poor enough side, onto the final then the Tyrone game which is far more important.

The Dublin second string not up to much, the rely a lot on their couple of standout players after that there is not much left.

Kildare defensively were very good again, hard to break into that back six at the moment.
Excellent up to the final third and again we started snatching and rushing kicks.
A little more composure and we could have won by 10.

Last but no means least Diarmuid Connolly should be banned for six months for that knee to the back of the head.
He could have broke Fitzpatricks neck. Coward of the highest order.

MOM anyone from Kelly, Flynn, Roli, Lyons, Fitzpatrick and Tommy O' Neill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:20 am

A more cynical unpunished team you will not see for a long time. I wonder is this a side to Dublin being brought out buy the lenient and preferential refereeing they received throughout last years championship.

Coupled with winning the All Ireland one wonders if they now think they are untouchable.

Paul Brogan is not the only one that shoud have seen the line, McMenamon had a kick out at fitzpatrick missed, Connolly was at it throughout the game.

Today was a nothing match in the greater scheme of things but if our lads take anything from it it should be that they should not allow themselves to be bullied by any team.

In a side note I thought Daryl Flynn was outstanding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:24 am

Rex wrote:

Last but no means least Diarmuid Connolly should be banned for six months for that knee to the back of the head.

Only seeing the replay of the Connolly incident now. Thuggery of the highest order. I wouldn't hold my breadth for a punishment however.
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 am

Good performance today great training 14 on 14 solid at the back an look fit going into the league tomas could do serious damage this year finally having 14 nailed down the dubs fans were a disgrace couldn't observe a minutes silence booed every free and blowing there referees whistle every time kildare had possession great to see hughy and dermot kicking around before the game
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:33 am

fionnmccool wrote:
Rex wrote:

Only seeing the replay of the Connolly incident now. Thuggery of the highest order. I wouldn't hold my breadth for a punishment however.

I think the term "a snowball in hells chance" springs to mind when wondering if he'll get pulled up on it.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:54 am

Pleased with the win, and a chance to get another competitive game next week.
Thought we had the same old problem, of not finishing off impressive attacking play with a raised flag.
In relation to Connolly, general thuggery and the game plan of the dubs, all I have to say is, the dubs are what they are, and always have been.
However I was delighted to see that Kildare team playing with our counties traditional style and flair. Even better to win the the game playing football and without lowering themselves to their level
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O Byrne cup 2012   O Byrne cup 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

O Byrne cup 2012
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next