Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Meath

Go down 
+35
Cilldara_2000
Lily8
Gaa1928
Big Full Back
bigball
OutTheGap
Fizzer
Dinny Breen
Borderline
jim
lilysavage
moatesports
Xavi
learmus
sarsno1
Captain1928
lilywhites on tour
kickingking
white boy
kildaregaa365
Taibi
jj
Flamingo
flourman
Highball
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
murof
Rex
Shergar
shoutitout
jimmers
MD
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:52 am

Yeah, that's not the team. Slattery out for Brophy.

Hard to be confident in any way, bad things happen to Kildare when we are expected to win. Hopefully O'Neill has their heads right because on paper we're a much better side, it's the mental side of things that'll beat us.

Nice interview with Willie McCreery in the Nationalist on the 97 and 98 games against Meath. He's a very funny man, and didn't pull any punches regarding his midfield partner, Nuxer!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:59 am

See Eddie heavey will not subs bench for Meath match as he played for Moorefield tonight
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 9:08 am

Slattery out for Brophy???
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 am

Totally agree Taibi - so much of this game is about the mentality. We all know the ability of this team and squad, but to become a real championship force, you need a seriously hard edge.

You need the concentration and application - and you need it for 80 mins. It's a huge challenge but one they should definitely relish.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 9:36 am

I really like that O'Neill keeps the team settled - I'm amazed more people don't do it. It actually even bothered me a bit during the Geezer era.

I think the constant chopping and changing is hurting Mayo for example at the moment. No idea where to play Aidan O'Shea, different forward line every game, Lee Keegan being asked to play everywhere... Anyway, different discussion. Back to the match...
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Nice interview with Davy Dalton. Didn't know Jack Robinson is his nephew. Good stock..

http://www.gaa.ie/features/feature/the-gaa-gene-the-daltons/
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 7:02 pm

The past is irrelevant. You had an aging team in 2012, babies in 2013, 2014, 2015 - allied to that, the loss of big players like Dan Flynn, Kevin Feely and a ream of injuries. Some like to paint Jason Ryan as a joker but then plenty were doing the same about Cian O'Neill all last year and until Feb 1 this year. Last year, every male with two feet under him and an interest in playing got a run last year and so it was very disjointed. In the meanwhile, the manager learned he has to be a manager and can't be everything else. Almost everyone available is there. Feely has a second year. The babies are now approaching mid-20s. Leaders are emerging. This is the best Kildare team since 2011 but they're not as good as that yet - the front eight has the potential to be better but there is a concern about the defensive game, which there has been since 2012 - that's three different managers.

I think you're entitled, as a Kildare supporter to go forward with optimism but right to be wary - and nervousness understandable! This is a game you could win by 10 points. It is also a game you could lose. I'd be hopeful that if they get on top in middle, and they have the men to do that, that will be the key, as neither defensive set-ups fill me with optimism. For their part, Kildare are high-risk by pushing up (you'd swear Klopp invented the high press, Jesus). That may be an issue against the best teams (remember Dublin 2013) but it's more proactive in terms of trying to go out and win a game. It just means you're leaving gaps if the opposition break through and Meath, while no Dublin, Kerry etc, have forwards.

As for Meath rattling into lads, early and often, on and off the ball - of course they will. I'd be hoping Kildare would do the same. This is serious business. Whatever happens, Kildare are moving in the right direction. I'll be watching on TV, I'd say the atmosphere will be unreal in Tullamore, fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 7:06 pm

jj wrote:
kildaregaa365 wrote:
Barring injury I'd expect them to line up as selected.
Wouldn't be my choice (would have PB in) but he is loyal to those who perform.

Think if Cian had any intention of starting Paddy on Saturday we'd have seen him introduced when we were coasting against Laois.
If we can manage to keep going for another couple of games he'd be some man to have then alongside Neil Flynn and possibly Ben McCormack. We have to dream big!!

Don't think that's necessarily the case. Would have been no more useful than training. He's back in the camp now long enough and apparently has been going very well. Whereas I would have been very surprised to see him get any game time against Laois, I would equally be very surprised if he didn't see action against Meath.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:56 pm

PMT setting in now.

The anticipation and the expectation that have been missing over the last number of years is back.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 10:21 pm

First time in a long time that there seems to be a bit of a buzz about a Kildare championship match. Hopefully people travel in numbers.

Hard to know how it will go. Meath themselves appear to be on the up too. I've no doubt that we have the ability to beat them but it's fair to say that a lot of these players have it to prove on the big day.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 4:50 am

Martin Carney has gone for Meath, after extensive research into styles of play, player match ups, league performance, combinations and strength on the bench he's decided to discard all that and go for the "it's in Meaths DNA to beat Kildare" reason for his decision.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 4:58 am

Don't get me started on Martin "3 points ahead is right Ger.." Carney. "Analysis" my hole.
IF Meath win it will be because they play better on the day. As I've shown in the stats the last 20 years there's been nothing between the teams overall with both teams having little patches of dominance. I don't think Kildare fear Meath one bit and I also don't think the current Meath team carry any of the DNA of prior ones. They're as wobbly as we are confidence wise.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 5:01 am

Rex wrote:
Martin Carney has gone for Meath, after extensive research into styles of play, player match ups, league performance, combinations and strength on the bench he's decided to discard all that and go for the "it's in Meaths DNA to beat Kildare" reason for his decision.

Tomas O'Sé also went for Meath on RTE this morning. Sure leave them at it.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 5:19 am

this kildare team is further down the road in its development than meath.
meath will improve under mc entee but Sunday will come too soon.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 6:38 am

Under Geezer one year JD, Jimmers and Smith all finished in the top 10 scorers from play in Leinster.
But facing Meath analysts would lament our lack of natural forwards and say meath had an edge...Brian Farrell and Big Joe....
Some of the experts have a script and no matter what is happening thats their line.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 8:30 am

I don't buy the line that we're on the same trajectory as Meath. Even without my Kildare blinkers on I think we have better talent in our current squad and definitely more in the pipeline from underage in the next few years.
Having said that, I expect a hell for leather battle tomorrow night and our lads will need to be on our game. If we are we'll win
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 8:42 am

As the aforementioned Mr. Carney would say "very much so jj".
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 8:54 am

This feels like the biggest game we've played since 2011 notwithstanding we've been in two All Ireland' QF's since then.
There comes a time when a generation of players need to define themselves. They're mostly 24/25 now. It's time surely to stand up and be counted?
One part of me is glad we lost to Galway now. It hopefully gave the team a jolt that will stand them in good stead tomorrow.
Kildare by 4.

Last edited by kildaregaa365 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 9:01 am

One will do its great to see all pulling in same direction again momentum is building
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 9:04 am

Kildare going target the Meath full back line has identified as weak spot
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 9:10 am

Anyone hearing any change on the team?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 9:23 am

Strong rumours of one (the obvious one). Also heard an injury rumour but not going to put a name on here as it's probably bollox. Worrying if true.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 9:29 am

It a big game tomorrow game lads no doubt about that, there lot at stake.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 9:35 am

Yea kildaregaa 365 heard that 2? I would be fairly close to that camp mite be all bollaixe we hoping.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 11:28 am

Ah lads ffs who is injured?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Meath
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next