Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Meath

Go down 
+35
Cilldara_2000
Lily8
Gaa1928
Big Full Back
bigball
OutTheGap
Fizzer
Dinny Breen
Borderline
jim
lilysavage
moatesports
Xavi
learmus
sarsno1
Captain1928
lilywhites on tour
kickingking
white boy
kildaregaa365
Taibi
jj
Flamingo
flourman
Highball
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
murof
Rex
Shergar
shoutitout
jimmers
MD
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Meath - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 2:08 am

Looking through the Meath forum generally... Yikes. I mean, no more headcase stuff than you get on any forum, but literally no one getting to the actual nub of the problems in Meath football. Not that I care of course - suits us to see them like that.

Just again on the now-notorious Meath warm-up/balls-up... I like to get to games early. Arrived around 6.25 on Saturday and Meath were already in the middle of the warm-up. I was going, what the... And then it went on, and on.

Then Kildare come out and as usual, just do a few straightforward drills. I honestly feel like a lot of warm-ups in GAA currently are more to do with the management team's egos than the team. Some, like Meath, are doing elaborate Broadway productions. Well, they may secure that Tony nomination but I struggle to see the point otherwise.

In the context of the programme Cian O'Neill was on last night, could someone hazard a guess at the science behind the Meath warm-up, bearing in mind the conditions? I mean, I'm sure an eminently qualified person oversaw it, but I'm totally baffled by it. The GAA Hour with Colm Parkinson this week also making these very same points.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 2:21 am

Kildare were on the field for a warm-up before Meath HG and did a warm-up prior to when they re-appeared for less strenuous warm-up and drills.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 2:24 am

Well, fair enough... Obviously still not getting there early enough Flourman!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 3:09 am

Kildare indeed were out very early. Which actually makes some sense as they got time to cool down again after stretching the legs. Would like to think that was intentional.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 12:04 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
You'll love this. A Kildare fan and a Meath fan interviewed both before and after the match on sat night (around 18 minutes in)

https://soundcloud.com/the-throw-in-independentie/ep-5-cork-hurling-waterfords-lost-identity-and-tyrone-are-coming

That's Rory's Stories doing a skit lads.........very funny and probably not far off the mark although his effort at a Kildare accent is shocking!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 12:38 am

Yeah I know sorry to imply it was real..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Meath
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10