Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Meath

Go down 
+35
Cilldara_2000
Lily8
Gaa1928
Big Full Back
bigball
OutTheGap
Fizzer
Dinny Breen
Borderline
jim
lilysavage
moatesports
Xavi
learmus
sarsno1
Captain1928
lilywhites on tour
kickingking
white boy
kildaregaa365
Taibi
jj
Flamingo
flourman
Highball
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
murof
Rex
Shergar
shoutitout
jimmers
MD
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 1:13 pm

jj wrote:
I don't buy the line that we're on the same trajectory as Meath.  Even without my Kildare blinkers on I think we have better talent in our current squad and definitely more in the pipeline from underage in the next few years.
Having said that, I expect a hell for leather battle tomorrow night and our lads will need to be on our game. If we are we'll win

Different class. It's great to be right once
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 5:27 pm

So much potential in this county. Last night was only the start of it, i for one cannot wait to see more of the recent minor stars start to come through. Absolutely buzzing for the leinster final, lets hope we bring a massive crowd up to HQ.

As for last night, the performance was superb. McNally and Slattery were two that I never would have picked before the season began but both were excellent again last night. mcnally looked like all star material.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 7:02 pm

It said on Kildare Now Paul Cribbin could out 4-6 weeks it's injury he got in league final has come back
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Last night we were missing (for most part anyway), Neil Flynn, Paul Cribbin and Ben McCormack and we didn't miss a beat. Can't remember a yime previously that we would cope with that.
Huge hurdles to be negotiated but it's hard not to get excited
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Hungover, hoarse and happy.

Watching that performance last night was medicine for the soul. This group of players look to have finally come of age.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 9:25 pm

Good win last night. Some lovely scores. It's nice to see an open brand of football being played. My only concern will be the middle of the defensive line. I know we blocked and hassled Meath but I do feel it's one area going forward that needs attention. O'Sullivan ran through a few times and only his need to drop the head and not look up was to our advantage as the backs could bottle him up or dispossess him. Looking to the next day and more than likely Dublin, players like Jack McCaffrey will steam up and they know who's running off the shoulder to take the pass. Don't get me wrong, Kildare did defend well last night but I think it was more Meath playing into Kildare's hands the aided the back line.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Massive congratulations to everyone involved, huge performance.  

For me the biggest bonuses are having a Leinster final to look forward to and without trying to be anyway negative avoiding rounds 2 and 3 of the qualifiers that could be a minefield and energy snapping.

I also feel Roli's influence and experience is coming through in the overall set up.

Cill Dara Abu
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Good win last night. Some lovely scores. It's nice to see an open brand of football being played. My only concern will be the middle of the defensive line. I know we blocked and hassled Meath but I do feel it's one area going forward that needs attention. O'Sullivan ran through a few times and only his need to drop the head and not look up was to our advantage as the backs could bottle him up or dispossess him. Looking to the next day and more than likely Dublin, players like Jack McCaffrey will steam up and they know who's running off the shoulder to take the pass. Don't get me wrong, Kildare did defend well last night but I think it was more Meath playing into Kildare's hands the aided the back line.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 11:55 pm

Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 12:27 am

Only one thing to say I fucking love tullamore!!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 12:43 am

Someone just described McNally as looking like All Star material. May I never wake from this dream!!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 1:38 am

Strange how quickly things change. Only a few months ago we were getting excited about a forward line of Neil Flynn, McCormack and Kelly. Yesterday with the first two missing and Kelly quiet we had unlikely heroes in McNally, Slattery and best of all Brophy. Shows the value of a strong squad.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 2:31 am

Excellent report 365.

Still on a high from yesterday, re-watched the game and yes we played excellent but there is huge room for improvement.
Competition for places will be red hot for the next day. Training could be interesting. Players know if they are not full at it, there is another to take his place.

Great buzz about the team from a lot of people I was talking to this morning. Time to get the flags up to show your support.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 2:41 am

I think that is the best thing about the win. Plenty of scope for improvement especially adding in lads fighting for places.
The centre was opened up at times but lads put in the hit. Meath are not shite and tgey never got a shot in anger for a goal. That is tight going.
As I say again Dan Flynn getting the MOTM award saying it is fun cant be underestimated.
The county needs to get vehind the lads now.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 5:50 am

Well done to all the lads yesterday. Great performance all round. Thought O'Grady, Doyle, Feely, McNally and Flynn were all brilliant but there was no weak link. They seem much more confident at the moment and are playing better as a team. Great buzz around the county now. Lads that usually wouldn't have a good word to say about them are even starting to hop back on the bangwagon!

Roll on the final!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 6:42 am

After a win like last night I like to read opinions and compare them to prepare match. The narrative being pushed seems to be Meath are terrible and years behind us. Now that could be true but it certainly was not the case beforehand. Even Canavan on Ivan Yates this morning was saying he a many others thought Meath would win.

Sometimes you just don't get the recognition you deserve.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 6:52 am

Canavan McGuiness and O'Connell all predicted we would win pre match on Sky. Parkinson and McDonnell on Joe.ie also. The narrative around Meath has changed from a coming team to years behind in the space of one match. Alan Brogans Bernard Flynns Colm Coyles predictions was baseless, tradition my hole.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 7:00 am

Meath are pure muck now it seems and even their own fans are ignoring the fact they just fell short of Div 1 football in 2018...whatever about us here overestimating Laois, Meath are not in that bracket.
Too many spoofers out there.
Pre-match: Andy McEntee is a McEntee and he has another McEntee helping out so Meath are going to play pure Meath football. Too many natural forwards for Kildare. Too much pace. No fancy haircuts or colouredy boots!!
Post-match: Men against boys. Meath are shite. No pace and Kildare beating them up around the field.

FFS! We did a right job on them and deserve due credit.

I am going to spread a rumour that we are making 14 changes for the Leinster final!  Laughing
Meath - you just can't sicken them enough.

PS re Dinny's post it's worth noting that the Sky lads are much more in tune and on top of actual current teams than some others.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 7:20 am

Watched Sky coverage back this morning. Superb as ever. Proper professional insightful coverage as always. McIntyre a decent commentator as well. Today I had to sit through Ger Canning and Marty Feckin Morrissey.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 7:27 am

The pre-match scenario I'd hoped for came to pass, which - for once - makes you feel you do actually know a thing or two about football!

The Meath forwards put up a huge score against Louth, but (1) Louth abandoned their sweeper system for the first time in two years (me neither) and (2) Meath's forwards are all of the same type - they're all pacy, hard running types, but there's no real variety; no real ball players or lethal finishers. Once you deny them the space to run into they quickly run out of ideas. These are actually big secrets because virtually no one seemed to recognise it beforehand.

RTÉ are getting their arses kicked with the analysis on Sky; Jim McGuinness and James Horan are vastly superior in that department. Although RTÉ today FINALLY unveiled an innovation we've been crying out for; Tomas Mulcahy presented the Waterford team in the actual formation they play. But on the football front certainly, RTÉ miles behind.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 8:09 am

Actually it was bad enough for Meath getting their arses handed to them, but Paddy Brophy's hairstyle must have been another bitter pill for Andy McEntee. Maybe Andy's preferred style - short - is intended to represent their stay in the Leinster championship?
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 8:10 am

Let's be honest and start believing this, the Leinster title is there to be won. We most likely will come down to earth in a few days time and start thinking that OK, we beat a shite Meath team but Dublin will be a different story.
NO WAY, we are not going up just for the day out, we are going to bring a long awaited Leinster title home and those over-rated city slickers are not going to stop us.
Fot jees sake, even Carlow outclassed them in some areas so we can do a number on them, we just have to BELIEVE..... cheers
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 8:57 am

I really enjoyed the sunday game tonight
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 9:03 am

Loving the optimism Borderline!! Will see how Dubs play against WM before I start to consider actually winning that one as anything other than a very unlikely possibility. No doubt Cian and the players will be approaching it the same as you though.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 am

Ciarain Whelan liked us anyway! He hit the nail on the head re our performances of late in Croker....... we need to break this hoodoo now and really fire on all cylinders at HQ. Plenty to work on but bygod what has been done with this team is already massive. A transformation since this stage last year. Keep her lit now.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Meath
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next