Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Meath

Go down 
+35
Cilldara_2000
Lily8
Gaa1928
Big Full Back
bigball
OutTheGap
Fizzer
Dinny Breen
Borderline
jim
lilysavage
moatesports
Xavi
learmus
sarsno1
Captain1928
lilywhites on tour
kickingking
white boy
kildaregaa365
Taibi
jj
Flamingo
flourman
Highball
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
murof
Rex
Shergar
shoutitout
jimmers
MD
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Lets bury this lot. should be 15 points up.
Back to top Go down
Fizzer
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 7:44 pm

We are back!

This is our DNA!
Back to top Go down
Captain1928
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 7:47 pm

What a half of football, full back line working wonders. Come on Kildare!
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 8:36 pm

great preformance. quality side
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 8:37 pm

SARSNO1. You called it and have been calling for since the start of the year well done. ROLL ON THE LEINSTER F*CKIN FINAL!!
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 8:43 pm

I said it before, we are good enough. All we need now is belief...
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Men against boys.

Some great individual performances out there. McNally and Flynn really made hay when they hit their purple patches. O'Grady and Hyland were outstanding at the back. Feely again was excellent. I don't think Slattery scored but his performance pleased me the most. Very intelligent player with a massive engine.

It was looking ominous when Meath kicked the first 0-4 of the second half but the Kildare boys didn't panic which we have seen happen a lot over the last while.

The negative was probably the wides, they'll have to be taken if we've any hope of beating Dublin. Lots of wild shooting particularly from Fergal Conway in the first half. A little more patience needed.

Keith Cribbin should do the lotto when he gets home, very lucky man he wasn't shown a red for that stray knee. Really stupid stuff considering the game was all but over.

Just a word on Meath, Graham Reilly looks about 2 stone overweight, Hyland done well to fit him in his pocket.

Roll on the Dubs..

Back to top Go down
Captain1928
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Ahhh lads what a win. Up the lilies ❤
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Great result. Far easier than I thought. Hylo was class, never gave Reilly a kick.. mc nally has really improved fair play.
We Kicked a lot of crazy wides, but that can be worked on.. Kelly was quiet enough which is rare enough.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 9:06 pm

mick o grady was brilliant i thought.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Huge congrats to team and management on another superb performance.

Some of the commentary from Meath supporters and various pundits in the build up was delusional. In particular, Alan "Nostradamus" Brogan's column was farcical. They went to town against a very average Louth team and everybody collectively drank the Kool Aid. Not only to beat to them, but to really stick it to them - well, these sort of days are what make following Kildare worthwhile.

Lots of players deserve huge plaudits, but I'd like to single out David Hyland, who was my MOTM. This evening, he really became everything I hoped he would be when I first saw him as a 17-year-old for Athy. By Jesus did he do a number on Reilly.

Anyway, absolutely brilliant day in glorious sunshine. Roll on the Leinster final against, er, Westmeath!!
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Negatives can wait til middle of the week. Beat the f***in royals up a stick. This is where we need to be.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Hugely impressed with that performance, We looked so much in control throughout the game.
O'Neill looks like a really good manager and the improvement he has brought in some players is amazing, O'Grady in particular fulfilled the promise he showed when he first came on the scene.
Brophy will get better, we still have Flynn and McCormack to come back.
On the downside Cribben was lucky to escape with a yellow, We would have been very angry if a Meath player had done that.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:13 pm

I will call it out the talk pre-match where Meath were giving the line on tradition and Meath style. I saw only one team out there putting their bodies on the line.
We owned them for 60 minutes today and should have won by more, but as Shergar said negatives can wait so here are the some positives.

O´Grady and Hyland are just pure defenders and they might not look big they don´t hold back.
Flynn was class again and showed he is not just a target inside as he roamed.
Midfield dominated again and Feely just seems so composed.

The BIG positive is that none of the above is something we didn´t know already.
McNally has had two big games for a man who many wouldn´t start. After he destroyed them inside he moved out and ran himself into the ground out the field. then when his number was up, he ran off with no question. He is a serious team player who deserved his game today and the praise he often doesn´t get.
I would throw Slattery in there too for his hard running and general tidy play.

Brophy showed that his movement and presence haven´t deserted him and a game, plus a few more weeks in Hawkfield will bring him on even more.

We have so much more in reserve up front plus P Kelly looked in good nick off the bench as did Bolton if old heads are needed at any stage.

That was a hot draining day and we still had running late on. I am delighted for the team and management.

PS I think as a unit we can take a hit in most positions now. Most would have expected a closer game and P Cribbin wasn't even missed today who would be one of our best athletes on such a hot day.

Last edited by Flamingo on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Great win. Congrats to alll involved. My worry before the match was that we might have a repeat of the league final performance where we didn't show up so it was great to see us deliver under pressure. I didn't think Meath showed us much respect talking about challenging Dublin so it was great to put them back in their box for a while.

I've been critical of our defending for a while so I have to acknowledge how much we've improved in this area. Great to see the likes of Mick O'Grady and Johnny Byrne really put their body on the line with important tackles in the first half. Great performance as well by David Hyland - he never gave Graham Reilly a kick. Hyland gave an interview in the Leader during the week saying how much they work on tackling in training and it definitely seems to be improving.

We totally cleaned Meath out in midfield. Up front Cathal McNally and Daniel Flynn were excellent. Great to see Paddy Brophy back - he'll improve when he gets more game time. Niall Kelly was a bit quiet - hopefully he can have a big game in the final.

Onwards and upwards. Hon the Lilies...
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Also when Dan Flynn was picking up the MOTM he said something you don't hear very often...
That playing football is fun these days and that there is a great buzz in the camp.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Wow, what an evening. Proper championship feel in glorious sunshine that burnt the head off me. But I don't care. I was worried before hand and questioned the confidence of a few posters but they were proven correct. Basically it was men against boys. As good a first half as I've seen from Kildare. We were 9 points up but it should have been 12 and could have been 15. We toyed with them, hit them hard and hit often.

I thought the full back line was immense. It's a while since Kildare players have hit like that. Poor old Graham Reilly billed as the top Meath dog was more of a puppy after Hyland blew him away. O'Grady was fantastic with bravery and reading of the game and Ollie was Ollie, a threat going forward and a rock at the back.

Midfield ruled until they tired a bit but we seen this and switched to a shorter kick out.
What can you say about the full forward line. 2-7 and Dan Flynn shredding Meath players all night. Brophy did well and will only get better. McNally is convincing me he is a corner forward.

Negatives can wait for another day.

Very proud of them today. Huge congratulations to the manager and his team. They have resurrected Kildare football from a very low base back to a team that others will fear.

Beating Meath , it's in our DNA.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 11:00 pm

Well done to all the lads today great feeling coming Out of the ground ,and Meath boys bowing the heads to you no better feeling. P.s paul Cribbin should be back in 2 weeks .
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Meath need to start taking pointers from Kildare. They really don't have any players with the style that our boys do.

In fairness, the McEntees have bought them on a good decade. Unfortunately they were in the 1950s to begin with but it's a good start.
Back to top Go down
learmus
Intermediate
Intermediate
learmus

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Brilliant win - well done to all involved, felt so good walking out of there, even the sunburn couldn't dampen it!
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Some sport on meath fans foram, a lot of boys v men comment.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 12:02 am

Meath were poor. Let's not get ahead of ourselves the same way we were looking for heads to roll when we lost an O Byrne Cup game in January. V good first half. Backs have come on a lot . Always a good day when we beat Meath.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 12:03 am

Super performance well done too all involved
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 12:09 am

Just brilliant. Most of its been said above but it would be remiss of me not to post my thoughts tomorrow.
Sleep well my friends. And someone wrap Daniel Flynn in cotton wool for the next 4 weeks please (if you can catch him).
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 12:32 am

If Carlsberg did Leinster Championship wins......................

And regarding my post earlier today (actually yesterday now) - the lads made their statement emphatically with that performance!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Meath
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next