Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Meath

Go down 
+35
Cilldara_2000
Lily8
Gaa1928
Big Full Back
bigball
OutTheGap
Fizzer
Dinny Breen
Borderline
jim
lilysavage
moatesports
Xavi
learmus
sarsno1
Captain1928
lilywhites on tour
kickingking
white boy
kildaregaa365
Taibi
jj
Flamingo
flourman
Highball
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
murof
Rex
Shergar
shoutitout
jimmers
MD
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Borderline
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Heard that myself but can't really be sure. The thing I am most afraid of thinking back to the last day is that we started fairly shakily. Kingston beat four defenders and the keeper to score the goal and we were all at sea for the first 20 mins. It was only when we realised how bad Laois were that we got confident and started to play.
We played very well from then on but I can't see Meath letting us back into it if we start as badly again. When we know we are playing weaker opposition we can produce magical football but my fear is falling behind to this shower and losing confidence, not sticking to the game plan and letting them bully us as only Meath teams can.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 5:13 pm

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Strong rumours of one (the obvious one). Also heard an injury rumour but not going to put a name on here as it's probably bollox. Worrying if true.

Ah ffs don't tell me that! At least give us an idea sure what harm can it do. I need to be mentally prepared!
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 8:48 pm

Match day, the Sun is beating down and it actually feels like summer for the first time this year. It also feels like championship for the first time in a long time. I've got the pre match butterflies in the stomach and I'm clock watching already.

I'm hoping for the best but fear the worst. Head and heart say Kildare, but as always that devil that sits on your shoulder in a white jersey whispering all the things that will go wrong. The one thing I know is that I'm coming home with a sore throat.

C'mon lads, give it your all. Cill Dara Abu.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Really feels like a make or break day for this generation. I'm sure I'll find ways to rationalise why it wasn't (still only 24/25, good record in qualifiers, better to avoid Dubs etc etc) but that's how it feels this morning. Think most of the pressure is on us as Meath are only a few months into a new management team. Progress under Cian, Roli and Enda has been huge this year. Really hope for them that they can pull it off today. Been following most of these lads since 2010 minors - most talented single underage group in my time watching Kildare (wasn't around in 1965 !).

If the mental side is right and we get a better start than against Laois we can edge it.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:00 pm

I see Alan brogan went for Meath to win also, but didn't really say why other than them maybe being hungrier.. What the fuck like.
Jez it's great to feel the buzz again and I've even spotted the odd flag.. keep it goin lads please.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:34 pm

Tell me it isnt dan flynn whos injured?
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:42 pm

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Really feels like a make or break day for this generation. I'm sure I'll find ways to rationalise why it wasn't (still only 24/25, good record in qualifiers, better to avoid Dubs etc etc) but that's how it feels this morning. Think most of the pressure is on us as Meath are only a few months into a new management team. Progress under Cian, Roli and Enda has been huge this year. Really hope for them that they can pull it off today. Been following most of these lads since 2010 minors - most talented single underage group in my time watching Kildare (wasn't around in 1965 !).

If the mental side is right and we get a better start than against Laois we can edge it.

Wouldn't quite say 'break' but I understand the sentiment. A win today will be a big psychological breakthrough for this team whilst a defeat just leaves that seed of doubt there that even with this talented bunch of players there is still something lacking. Time now for these lads to make that statement. I've no doubt we have the better players but that old Meath doggedness just keeps that doubt lingering.

I was reading earlier the IT article linked above and it recalls the abysmal games against Wexford and Westmeath last year - there has been great development in this team (and the management) in the 12 months since. Time now to bring home the bacon (or in deference to our sponsors, the ham!).
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:46 pm

On the injury front Flynn was the name I heard but I heard from someone else it's nonsense so let's just see tonight.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:51 pm

Those tipping Meath are basing it around tradition hunger and want whereas those tipping us are basing it around footballing reasons. The former tend to be bluffers but if Meath win today it just reinforces their opinions and we get to read/listen to more bullshit. Kildare are the better team, the weather will suit us hoping for a big Kildare support presales indicate a crowd of 17k, Feeley and Moolick to lay the foundation Kelly to pull the strings Kildare by 4.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Well if u look at the interviews on the kildare gaa facebook page u can see the team kicking the ball around but there aint no sign of D Flynn...
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 11:50 pm

FFS hopefully it's bs.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 11:59 pm

If Flynn is out, then Brophy must come straight in to full forward. Just have a nagging feeling we could be ambushed this evening. Don't know what it is, maybe it's just years of similar circumstances where we end up on the wrong side of a result.

Please God I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 12:33 am

we have a good team with a good bench and good management. we will win
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 12:37 am

Kildare by 4.

We've a good team with or without Flynn.

Seize the day!
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 1:40 am

I think we will win BUT the fear here is that we won´t show up. Even to lose in a cracking game is not as bad as a flat performance.
I think this year these lads have earned the right to be considered a better team that Meath. That Clare match was a grind, but they ground it out. Galway are on a higher level and they stopped us from playing our game with too many no shows.
Kildare by four minimum...
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 3:14 am

Paul Cribbin out I think. Hartley inot.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 3:21 am

All the matches we lost this have been as a result of conceding too much in a relatively short period. In all of those games we surrendered our lead that we had built up with some very good football.
It's very demoralizing when that happens and if we avoid that today we should win.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 3:32 am

Kildare by 5. Time to put these meath folk back in their box.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 3:41 am

According to the programme, Cribbin is out Slattery goes to 12 and Brophy comes into the full forward line.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 4:14 am

Sorry lads my information was bang on couldn't say anything in case it wasn't true, I believe it's his foot metatarsal big blow for kildare
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 4:23 am

Relief
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 4:53 am

Nearly ready to go here, just seen Longford have hammered Louth in a qualifier. Make of that what you will.

Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 5:38 am

oh wow!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 5:39 am

Game over. Mick O'Grady putting on a masterclass in defending. Total dominance up front. The sight of Brophy kicking points is a thing of beauty.

Nice to see Johnny Byrne putting O'Sullivan on his arse, he really is a headless chicken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Meath
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next