Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Meath

Go down 
+35
Cilldara_2000
Lily8
Gaa1928
Big Full Back
bigball
OutTheGap
Fizzer
Dinny Breen
Borderline
jim
lilysavage
moatesports
Xavi
learmus
sarsno1
Captain1928
lilywhites on tour
kickingking
white boy
kildaregaa365
Taibi
jj
Flamingo
flourman
Highball
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
murof
Rex
Shergar
shoutitout
jimmers
MD
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 9:58 am

Can't resist posting this... It's as good as the Alan Brogan one!!

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/sport/gaa-football/1143714/meath-should-beat-kildare-by-three-or-four-points-with-graham-reilly-leading-the-way/amp/

One final observation about Meath - the two players competing for the goalkeeping position are Paddy O'Rourke and Joe Sheridan. Like how can you be consisted a serious side if that's the case?!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 10:23 am

The Sun? Graham Geraghty? Jesus, HG - give us a warning next time.

Sky are streets ahead of RTÉ, they actually donated an hour of pre-match analysis which was very informative and McGuinness' input was interesting. Senan Connell is also very good. Canavan is a bit of an arrogant prick, though.

Back to Kildare, O'Neill will have some tough decisions to make for the final. Neill Flynn and possibly McCormack will be back to full fitness. Any update on Paul Cribbin? Surely can't be that bad if he did a fitness test before the game yesterday.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 10:28 am

Im gettin a bit ahead of myself but if the druids could update a few lyrics to the song it would be a great song to have for the summer ahead. I remember beltin this out in quinns before all ireland semi final in 2010. Jesus the craic in there that day was something else.

https://youtu.be/-fIGniorsgo
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 10:32 am

Taibi wrote:
The Sun? Graham Geraghty? Jesus, HG - give us a warning next time.

Sky are streets ahead of RTÉ, they actually donated an hour of pre-match analysis which was very informative and McGuinness' input was interesting. Senan Connell is also very good. Canavan is a bit of an arrogant prick, though.

Back to Kildare, O'Neill will have some tough decisions to make for the final. Neill Flynn and possibly McCormack will be back to full fitness. Any update on Paul Cribbin? Surely can't be that bad if he did a fitness test before the game yesterday.
McCormack only back jogging he had surgery. Cribbin two weeks
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 10:55 am

Cribbin should be ok in 2 weeks they will say 4 but he confident 2 will do it . Happen Tuesday ninght in training stubbed his foot. Great lads to see the sun bringing out all the white jerseys it was like 98 all over.Lets go now and give the dubs a rattle for it .⚽️⚽️
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 10:58 am

bigball wrote:
Im gettin a bit ahead of myself but if the druids could update a few lyrics to the song it would be a great song to have for the summer ahead. I remember beltin this out in quinns before all ireland semi final in 2010. Jesus the  craic in there that day was something else.

https://youtu.be/-fIGniorsgo

Funny - looking back at the match, I was thinking Feely's performance was like a 20th anniversary reissue of Niall Buckley's classic 97 display v Meath!

Seriously, how good is it having Feely, Flynn and Brophy back in this team? Someone said earlier, if Carlsberg did championship days - so true!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Carlow outclassed Dublin??They were beaten out the gate by an undermotivated Dublin team in 3rd gear.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Rex wrote:
After a win like last night I like to read opinions and compare them to prepare match. The narrative being pushed seems to be Meath are terrible and years behind us. Now that could be true but it certainly was not the case beforehand. Even Canavan on Ivan Yates this morning was saying he a many others thought Meath would win.

Sometimes you just don't get the recognition you deserve.

I'd rather we got no recognition outside the county tbh! At least not until we have actually beaten somebody of substance.

Fantastic win but lets not get carried away. Meath were shite.

1) Yeah, our defending and tackling was excellent but I thought we always left it too late to challenge Meath on their runs. Every time they ran at us, we retreated to the D before putting the tackle in. If we do that the next day, the opposition will have already scored before we get the challenge in.

2) Our forwards will never get that much space again.

3) Even with the space, I thought there were a number of times, particularly in the first half, when we had possession down the wing and had no option but to take a wild shot from a mad angle because the inside forwards had gone missing.

4) Numerous times we were given the time and space out the field to build slowly with much short passing back and forth across the field. Again, we won't get that time and space the next day. Tbf, I was standing behind the Kildare dugout and each time this happened, Cian O'Neill was exhorting the players to get the ball up the field quicker. So it would appear to be something he will work on for the next day.

5) Even with this slow build up, we tried to run the ball through too many challenges at times.

Now, onto a few of the many positives.

1) Around midfield, particularly Kevin Feely, we were great.

2) The tenacity and tackling of the backs, particularly Eoin Doyle, Mick O'Grady and David Hyland, was excellent.

3) The man marking was excellent. We were really set up well when not in possession and everyone picked up their man, allowing the sweeper, Doyle in most cases, to double up on the man in possession in the "hot zone".

4) Cathal McNally is a player I greatly admire. He really stood up and got the show on the road early. He will be instrumental if we are to win Leinster.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Great win I said here months ago before I went into self exile that the big thing to do was to at least cement a place as the 2nd best team in Leinster which I think we have done at the end of the day 8 years since a Leinster Final is too long and is a fact never mind all the hard luck stories during these years which are mainly forgotten...... well done so far to the players, backroom and management
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 8:35 pm

For the first time in 8 years I enjoyed a Round 2 Qualifier draw this morning. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Kildare now on B side of Qualifers
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 8:51 pm

Had to share this gem I spotted on the Meath HS site.We really are miles ahead of them in our development but they refuse to see it. " I dont think kildare have any more talent than meath but in terms of gamesmanship and cuteness they are way out in front. Meath need to get the dirty side of the game back "
And yes I enjoyed the draw as well.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Ah Murof, the majority of them seem to think we beat them simply becuase we were bigger and fitter. Its laughable.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 9:22 pm

bigball wrote:
Ah Murof, the majority of them seem to think we beat them simply becuase we were bigger and fitter. Its laughable.

That's been the general consensus for years. I have seen it said by Meath, Laois and Offaly supporters that the fitness was the major difference in teams. They'll eventually get it into their brains that we just have better footballers due to better underage structures.

I have said it many times before, that Kildare has massive potential, be it on the pitch, on the terrace or off the pitch in commercial potential. We have a bit of momentum I hope it's not lost again over the next couple of years.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Best one I heard from a meat fan - "I dont mind losing to a county with a FOOTBALLING TRADITION, but to lose to Kildare......."

I am going to reiterate - championship wins: Kildare 16 (as of Saturday)
Meath 15
Okay I am looking back at history but some meath people really are delusional in this regard when history shows either side are capable of beating one another. Very evenly poised.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 11:09 pm

Yep enjoyed the game on Saturday what i liked was when a Meath man had to be hit or tackled hard he got hit. As a team you can see the progress being made big time from last year. No matter how bad Meath were that was a real test for Kildare and they came through with flying colours. Next up will be the Dubs I would love to give them a good rattle and hopefully we do but lets not kid our self's here that is a huge step up again but for this team to fulfill its potential these are the steps that they have to make. But its great to see the support out again and im sure we will have many more up in Croke Park the next day and who knows what can happen..
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 11:43 pm

So the Dubs are back on their own patch for the semi v WM.. So unfair, but then again the power's that be couldn't have the Dubs going into a Leinster final without a game in Crocker.

I really hope we can compete this time and we certainly need to improve again... our half forward line didn't score, niall Kelly was very quiet indeed and we let them run trough the middle while backing off.. we also seemed to give the Meath wing backs an easy time. We can't do that v Dublin.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
So the Dubs are back on their own patch for the semi v WM.. So unfair, but then again the power's that be couldn't have the Dubs going into a Leinster final without a game in Crocker.

I really hope we can compete this time and we certainly need to improve again... our half forward line didn't score, niall Kelly was very quiet indeed and we let them run trough the middle while backing off.. we also seemed to give the Meath wing backs an easy time. We can't do that v Dublin.
only scored 1-6 in second half and brophy need support when he gets the ball
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 12:12 am

start a new tread boys.
leinster final 2017
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 12:19 am

Brophy will definitely improve for the final but he was left isolated at times and had to work hard to retain possession. Still managed to score a couple points though.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 1:09 am

A month more and paddy will be flying.
Odd stat on the Sunday game that Meath had the most possession.. Can't afford to give the Dubs that much possession.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 1:49 am

How is that even calculated? Is it the percentage of kickouts won? What about turnovers? Or is it just the team's time on the ball? If so, what about when the ball is out of play?

Anyway, like most stats, it's a bit of a nonsense. I'd be surprised if any manager in the country pays any attention to it rather than the number and ratio of possessions won and lost, both from kickouts and turnovers in open play or by fouling, and how many scoring chances and scores were created, IE how much of the ball did we/they win, and what did we/they do with it. If the opposition spends all their time on the ball fluting around out the field with it, who cares if your own team generates scoring chances from crisp and flowing passing moves up the field?

Speaking of same, what was the kickouts won/lost stat?
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 9:14 pm

This is my favourite quote from the Meath forum on Hogan Stand: "Warm up was too much, everyone commented on it where we were but it wasn't until i watched it back on sky yesterday i saw how the lads looked...worn out to be honest, before they took to pitch, no excuse but certainly would not have helped......" Smile
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 9:18 pm

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
This is my favourite quote from the Meath forum on Hogan Stand:  "Warm up was too much, everyone commented on it where we were but it wasn't until i watched it back on sky yesterday i saw how the lads looked...worn out to be honest, before they took to pitch, no excuse but certainly would not have helped......"  Smile

Razz Razz Razz

classic
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 1:18 am

You'll love this. A Kildare fan and a Meath fan interviewed both before and after the match on sat night (around 18 minutes in)

https://soundcloud.com/the-throw-in-independentie/ep-5-cork-hurling-waterfords-lost-identity-and-tyrone-are-coming
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Meath
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next