Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Meath

Go down 
+35
Cilldara_2000
Lily8
Gaa1928
Big Full Back
bigball
OutTheGap
Fizzer
Dinny Breen
Borderline
jim
lilysavage
moatesports
Xavi
learmus
sarsno1
Captain1928
lilywhites on tour
kickingking
white boy
kildaregaa365
Taibi
jj
Flamingo
flourman
Highball
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
murof
Rex
Shergar
shoutitout
jimmers
MD
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 8:24 am

Anthony Rainbow and Colm Coyle on 97 trilogy. It was the GAA Blur v Oasis.

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 8:32 am

Another point about Saturday - apparently it's going to be roasting. Predicted high of 27 degrees.... Jaysus. Make sure the ham sandwiches are in the shade!
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 9:42 am

Nervous too myself but confident at the same time that we can do it. Biggest Kildare game since Donegal 2011 if you ask me. i think a win would be massive for the development of this young side. these kildare lads will have good recent memories playing in tullamore especially after the last day out. when i was playing i always enjoyed returning to play on a pitch that i had previosuly played well on. as someone has mentioned, meaths backs are weak, they are slow. i think mcnally could have a big part to play this weekend with his pace. i simply cant wait for it.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 12:19 pm

bigball wrote:
Nervous too myself but confident at the same time that we can do it. Biggest Kildare game since Donegal 2011 if you ask me. i think a win would be massive for the development of this young side. these kildare lads will have good recent memories playing in tullamore especially after the last day out. when i was playing i always enjoyed returning to play on a pitch that i had previosuly played well on. as someone has mentioned, meaths backs are weak, they are slow. i think mcnally could have a big part to play this weekend with his pace. i simply  cant wait for it.

Are you joking.. shocking memories in tullamore you mean.for most of them at underage.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 12:47 pm

Im talkin about senior football whether that be o byrne cup league championship. When did we last lose there?
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 1:06 pm

flourman wrote:
Flamingo wrote:
Flynn like every other forward gets frustrated when bottled up but to be I'd love if Meath tried to rattle him early as it would get him going. He has an edge to him and is no shrinking violet.
I call us by 5 IF we get a goal.

.. and 2 if we don't?

Exactly! I knew I should have written a minimum along with that. I'm on GAA Go duty and I feckin can't wait. It's natural for Kildare to get nervous closer to the time.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:31 pm

bigball wrote:
Im talkin about senior football whether that be o byrne cup league championship. When did we last lose there?

1988 (Quarter Final replay v Biffos same day Ireland lost to Dutch at Euros).

9 games unbeaten there since at senior level.

But agree there have been some howlers at underage there that many of the team experienced such as Galway in 2013.
Back to top Go down
learmus
Intermediate
Intermediate
learmus

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 9:26 pm

Thanks 365. I had a feeling you would know.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 9:29 pm

bigball wrote:

Fair enough. Minors also in 2013 v Roscommon.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 2:35 am

Our championship record v Meath over the last 20 years (includes '97):

Played 12
Won 5
Drew 2
Lost 5
Scored 13-154 (193)
Against 11-161 (194)

Tight!!!
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 6:47 am

we have lost the last 6 leinster semi finals in a row. meath have beaten us twice in those 6, both times we went in as massive favourites. Last time we were in a leinster final was 2009 and we've been in 3 in the last 15 years.

how anyone can be confident for sunday is beyond me. i've seen too many let downs the last 30 odd years to not go into any match expecting anything. i'm going in with hope sunday nothing more.

this is a different meath team to the one we played in Navan back in feb. there will be nothing between us, its the kind of game we could play well and still lose. and if we don't perform we could get spanked.

on a side note our last 3 leinster finals had 75,000, 80,000 and 81,000 in attendance at them. Last years leinster final had 38,000. the stark reality of leinster football and dublin's dominance at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 7:00 am

Just saw on Kildare GAA FB Cian O'Neill noting history means nothing and that is why we are quietely confident. Right now I think we are better than Meath. The HUGE fear is that we dont show on the day, but the team has matured a lot this campaign overall so I hope it wont happen.
The crowds are depressing overall but hopefully this gane can create some buzz.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 7:24 am

history and tradition counts for everything until a team decides to rip up the script and change the psyche and thought process in kildare
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:08 am

But its not like either side has a huge issue with beating the other historically so the script wont be ripped up if either team wins.
If Kildare win it wont be a shock. If Meath win it wont be either.
Xavi, I think you are right further down the line in terms of Kildare psyche but I'd disagree in the context of Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:13 am

Paddy Brophy starting is the rumour.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 am

As I said fucking drop bombs in on top of him and Flynn if thats the case. Well, maybe smart bombs...not just lorry it in.
Would love love love if (going back to tradition) Meath were undone by route 1.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:24 am

Same team again for Kildare
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:24 am

For the 'record' and backing up earlier points of how neither fear one another, by my counting the championship meetings go as follows:
Kildare wins: 13 (15 including quarter final 2010 and qualifier 2011)
Meath wins: 15
Draws:7
Couldn't be more even!
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:26 am

jj wrote:
Same team again for Kildare

We'll see. Cool
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:32 am

Barring injury I'd expect them to line up as selected.
Wouldn't be my choice (would have PB in) but he is loyal to those who perform.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:36 am

I keep swaying from confident to completely unsure. Truth is that this game is likely to go the wire. Our record in Leinster is absolutely woeful of late when we get to this stage. On paper, I would believe we have the better players but Meath appear to be returning to the days of nitty gritty fuckers who dont give up on anything. Andy Mc seems to have brought that back into them.

Slightly concerned about our two corner forwards. Do they have the capabilities to get the scores needed in the heat of battle which Saturday will be? Granted, Cotsy and Slats both got on the scoresheet against Laois but I wouldnt be using that as reason to be optimistic. Slats is largely unknown at this level but Cotsy has been around for a couple of years now. I honestly dont think he is a corner forward at all and I think he well could be shackled in this game. Time will tell, I hope I am wrong. I would be advocating for Brophy starting this game. It is all well and good for Cian to show loyalty to the lads and I would agree that a settled team is important but the fact of the matter is that we could potentially have lads like Paddy and Neil Flynn (Granted he has been injured) on the bench, I feel one of these should be starting and I still think there could be changes to this team before throw in.

Key battle will be midfield. These two teams have been quite direct with their kickouts throughout the league and first round champo. I do think this where we could have the edge. Moolick and Feely and Co did not lose one kick out against Laois while Feely won two marks. Serious stat! Should we win midfield battle, this should give us the platform to allow Kelly, Cribbin and Co to get the sufficent scores on the board. Our bench looks far stronger than anytime I can remember, this could also be the difference. Fingers crossed we come out the right side of what I think will be a huge battle.

Kildare by 2
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:37 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Barring injury I'd expect them to line up as selected.
Wouldn't be my choice (would have PB in) but he is loyal to those who perform.

Think if Cian had any intention of starting Paddy on Saturday we'd have seen him introduced when we were coasting against Laois.
If we can manage to keep going for another couple of games he'd be some man to have then alongside Neil Flynn and possibly Ben McCormack. We have to dream big!!
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:41 am

Was great listening to Anthony rainbow on newstalk great memories bring on Saturday with a huge Kildare crowd
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 8:49 am

Same team that started against laois for Meath match
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Meath
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next