Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Dublin

Go down 
+41
FearBan
Lilly18
LillieLad
Fizzer
lilywhites on tour
smokey
parcel
jj
KILL BILL
kickingking
moatesports
Shergar
Caprea
steviegenius
Highball
walsheman
Lilly5hite
shoutitout
DONTPULLOUT
OutTheGap
Cilldara_2000
lomond
Xavi
White Bridge
maccie
Ohtoohtobe
Gaa1928
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
lillyboy
flourman
topcat
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
SeamusMurphy
jim
bigball
murof
Flamingo
TommyKeegan
Kildare98
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 12:52 am

Flamingo wrote:
Any type of result will be a big bonus for us. Just be great to have a decent start to the year. More important than anything is a performance and not falling asleep at any stage.
I would like to see us shore up a nice bit defensively overall. I really would like to see Conway in the middle and dropping back a few yards with Doyle sitting in front of the full back line.

Really don’t think Cian sees Conway as a defender at all. I do agree with you however.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 1:08 am

Always thought Conway could be more effective in defense, at times he looked all at sea in his role last year. Anyway Slattery does that role much better imo.
When will team be announced?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 3:27 am

Named tonight
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 6:37 am

A

Last edited by topcat on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 6:41 am

Apparently that team was headed up: "Team to be Issued to the Herald"..

Deleted..
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 8:14 am

Team is
Donnellan
Peter Kelly
David hyland
O Grady
Bryne
Doyle
O Donoghue
Feely
Luke flynn
Conway
Healy
Paul cribbin
Neil Flynn
Dan flynn
Mc Nally
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 8:23 am

Put Kelly Brophy K Cribben McCormack back in and its an excellent side.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 8:24 am

Healy at CF .. interesting.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 8:25 am

bigball wrote:
Put Kelly Brophy K Cribben McCormack back in and its an excellent side.
mc cormack coming back from broken thumb and Keith injured ac joint
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 8:51 am

McNally & Healy ahead of Slattery? Surprised at that.

Good to see Luke in there but big ask of him and O’Donoghue in particular.

Presume Brophy must have gotten injured the other night?

It’s a team that won’t get next or near Dublin assuming they have 10 or 11 regulars out.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 11:28 am

a brophy is just back from injury and b when was the last time any inter county team lined out as selected
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 10:14 pm

feel a bit sorry for o lyons i thought he offered a bit of pace going forward but maybe manager starting younger players has to be way forward need to hit dubs early and often today to lay down marker
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 12:00 am

If we can dig out a few victories in this league and find two or three new players it would be a decent campaign. We've lost plenty of games under O'Neill by a score but haven't got into the habit of edging a game by the same margin. Clare in Newbridge last year is the only arm wrestle encounter that we've come out the right side of recently.

Looking forward to seeing if Luke Flynn can step up and offer us a more mobile option around the middle. I think we will miss Ollie Lyons who was always a great man to carry the ball out of defence particularly in this era of short kickouts. None of the remaining backs are as comfortable on the ball or possess the same burst of acceleration. That said, hopefully Peter Kelly rolls back the years this evening as it's probably last chance saloon for him this season.

Tonight is a free swing. Just hoping we don't take a bad beating and that we don't give them anything easy. There are a few winnable matches in the weeks ahead.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 12:02 am

Strong Dublin team.  Gavin is relentless.

Dublin by 8+ is my current feeling.

Love it to be otherwise.

And don’t @ me with “hope the players don’t have the same defeatist attitude”.  So do I but they’ve rarely shown it. Time to do it this year and no better time to start than tonight.

Be watching with interest and hope as always.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 1:00 am

My feeling is that O'Neill is purposely holding Slattery, Kelly and Brophy in reserve to counter the effect of the Dublin bench. If we get stuck in and don't let up for 80 mins, we will definitely be seriously competitive. A win and we can start being legitimately optimistic about this team.

Hopefully we do the business and wipe that neutral look off Jim Gavin's face.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 2:39 am

Emmet Bolton was on Newstalk earlier today and was ultra pessimistic, doesn't give us a chance and hopes we just don't get a bad hiding
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 3:36 am

Thought I was pessimistic until I listened to Bolton.

Didn’t sound like he had a huge grá for the current management or am I trying to read too much into his pessimism?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 4:02 am

Kildare 8/11 favs for relegation.
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 7:12 am

We learned fck all concede 1 is bad enough but straight from kick out another so NAIVE
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 7:29 am

We can again highlight this mistake and that mistake and this choice and that. And it's January, so we need to work on them, so we can reach our true best and give it a go against everyone else.

But I'm resigned at this point to the basic fact that the GAA have ruined football. What's the point in working to get everything right so you can lose by 10 to their favourite child when you can booze for the year and lose by 20. What's the sensible choice? Genuinely no point analysing Dublin results or our Leinster chances or our All Ireland chances ever again. Not kidding, football championship is over. Was obvious what would happen in Leinster and it's obvious what will happen next on national scale and is happening. Basically the ceiling for ourselves - and we need to improve seriously to get near it - is to come second. If I was an elite teen sportsman, I'd run to a sport that allows me win as it won't be this one. It's a vicious circle GAA created.

Having a go at Kildare after that would be like savaging Yeovil for mistakes made against Manchester United yesterday. It's absurd. They look bad an in isolation they are but when a far better team turn the screw, they happen. A professional team beats a small-time outfit doing their best. That's all this was. No more, no less. Boring.

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 7:30 am

Notwithstanding the opposition. That is utterly pathetic .

Ewan McKenna will argue the case of financial doping. Ibwould argue the case of pure and utter Brain dead football . We are going no where faster than Dan Flynn over 100m unless we screw our heads on our shoulders
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 7:41 am

Thank fck that's over.. No point from play in the 2nd half, shocking.
Fellas there who are just not at the level.. kick passing brutal.. decision making as usual cat.
Depressing.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 7:44 am

I guess the only interest is the freak show to see a professional brilliant team against normal teams. Dublin show the level that Gaelic football can reach but it’s a level Kildare will never reach.

Add Connolly, O’Callaghan and mccaffrey to the Dublin team and the gap becomes another 6 points minimum.

Until attendances get severely hit and people don’t show up the GAA will do nothing.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 7:49 am

PS Don't think bad result in terms of survival. Lose agonisingly in that, still no points on board, and no chip on shoulder in what is a relegation four-pointer at home to Monaghan. We will now win that. That game brings us back to fair competition.

But as I say and don't overlook this, don't look at mistakes in isolation. Yeovil players in League Two wouldn't on weekly basis make mistakes they did against Manchester United. But it can't be just about that moment, it's about better players building pressure that cause mistakes you don't make normally. And we all know why Dublin have better players.

For decades Dublin beat us fair and square, that is no longer the case. You really think all these underage players that we do our absolute utmost with to point other pro sports want them just f**k up mentally against Dublin? And then the next batch too? Nah lads. This is a joke and to keep pretending otherwise is helping the great GAA heist. Didn't renew my GAAGO this year, watched on stream as I will all year as not contributing to match-fixing.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 8:15 am

Whilst Dublin are superior to us and most others too we need to look at ourselves in the most part for that tonight. Showed a desire and will to win in 1st half and whilst Dublin were always likely to improve in 2nd half, and they cetainly did, we completely disappeared and once again just rolled over. Very frustrating to watch.
Still think we'll get something next 2 games to give ourselves chance of survival
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Dublin
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next