Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Dublin

Go down 
+41
FearBan
Lilly18
LillieLad
Fizzer
lilywhites on tour
smokey
parcel
jj
KILL BILL
kickingking
moatesports
Shergar
Caprea
steviegenius
Highball
walsheman
Lilly5hite
shoutitout
DONTPULLOUT
OutTheGap
Cilldara_2000
lomond
Xavi
White Bridge
maccie
Ohtoohtobe
Gaa1928
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
lillyboy
flourman
topcat
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
SeamusMurphy
jim
bigball
murof
Flamingo
TommyKeegan
Kildare98
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 10:12 pm

Win next week and we will soon forget about Dublin. Two years ago we were div 3 and Dublin were AI winners. As we improve we can't expect them to stand still and wait for us.
We need to work really hard on winning our kickouts. How many scores did we concede from them in the 2nd half? There has to be more options for our goalie than just Feely.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 10:43 pm

parcel wrote:
What was Emmet Bolton saying?? He's a man I'd be paying attention to in fairness..
Is it fair to say kildare over achieved getting promoted last year..they really have 5/6 passengers at division 1 level...

http://www.offtheball.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/The_Panel_on_Off_the_Ball/59615/The_gaelic_football_retirees_panel
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 10:44 pm

Just watched the match again and it's probably more frustrating than any other emotion. We did a lot of things right in the first half but the age old shooting problem was the main reason we didn't go in at least 6 pts up. Should have had a second goal and 3or 4 very scoreable points left behind.
The second half was as if we had never seen this pressure before should have went full Tyrone even for 10 mins. The single biggest incident to me was the head injury to Feely . I'll give McCauley the benefit of the doubt but we basically lost our single most important player from a leadership point of view.
I presume Brophy was injured, thought o Donuhue done well carrying forward not so sure of his defence but worth persisting.
If and when we play them again I think we should sacrifice a forward and man mark Kilkenny to leave doyler to marshall in front of full back line which he was superb at last night
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Dublin broke most of our kick outs in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half but our middle eight didn't really compete for the breaks. I wouldn't blame Mark Donnellan for kicking long as none of our backs looked as they really wanted the ball. We've got to find a way of limiting the damage when Dublin get on top. Same as in the Leinster final, Dublin effectively won the game in 5 minutes.

The biggest disappointment for me was that we've had a couple of months to prepare for the game, they've had a couple of weeks but yet we were the ones who looked out on our feet in the 2nd half. At least in the Leinster final we looked threatening going forward. Our scoring return from play yesterday was very poor.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 12:07 am

Surely at this stage having played them enough we can see when they are getting a run on us. I can see it. Straight after half time we conceded the first teo points then a goal chance. There has to be a plan or call or something to say slow it down, disrupt the flow, mske it an ugly 5 or 10 minutes. We of course didn't try anything and Dublin built up their momentum and the game was won.

Do what it takes, feign an injury, get into a pushing match so the ref stops the game, keep the ball for 30 seconds without trying to do much. I can't believe we just didn't sense it and say 15 men behind our 45 for 10 mins. We just carried on regardless. It's a big failing across the management, Captain and supposed leaders on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 12:35 am

Our half back line is awful..no wonder Bolton is bitter looking at them..
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 3:06 am

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 3:27 am

Good read 365.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 4:01 am

Bang on the money as always K365. At half time I thought, this is going too well. Cue the usual two-goal salvo right on cue. Two massive battles coming up with Monaghan and Tyrone, both of whom also lost their opening games. As you say, the ruthless streak needs to be unearthed, otherwise it's curtains.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 4:51 am

Couldn't argue with any of that.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 5:03 am

Thanks chaps - it's getting hard to come up with anything new to say I'm afraid.

A blessing perhaps that I'm away with the wife as a birthday treat next week and won't be in Conleths.

Last time she booked a trip to Rome I missed an All Ireland semi final...

I'll have a word with Frankie boy while I'm over there.. maybe he can put in a word with yer man above.

p.s. to the Forum generally - if anyone fancies doing a blog/ supporters view / write up on the match feel free to send it to me at kildaregaa365@gmail.com and I'll throw it up on the website when I get back on Monday. All editorial rights reserved of course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 8:26 am

Fuck Croke Park. I hate going there.........
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 8:38 am

That pretty much sums up the night, LoT... nicely put. And there was me wasting 3,000 words on something you only needed 7 for. Nicely put!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 9:03 am

If county board put those words on a t-shirt, they'd clean up.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 11:25 am

Good report again 365.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 8:47 pm

kildaregaa365 wrote:
That pretty much sums up the night, LoT... nicely put. And there was me wasting 3,000 words on something you only needed 7 for.  Nicely put!

Apologies for the Language but I'm just sick to death of going there (not that I thought we'd win against Dublin) and coming home even more dejected than ever. We'd have loved to have beaten Dublin but it was unrealistic given our implosion in that venue against weaker opposition. The defeat on Saturday only reminded me of the Armagh/Galway/Clare/Westmeath shambles.....
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 12:48 am

The way I look at things are below was the last 8 in our senior championship:

Johnstownbridge v Clane
Moorefield v Sarsfields
Athy v Round Towers
Naas v Celbridge

With all due respect not many gave Clane, Round Towers or Naas much of a chance of winning the senior championship, maybe because they are currently off the level ( or perceived level )of the remaining five teams so why do we expect Kildare to be able to beat Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Tyrone and Donegal.

We have a county team back-boned ???? by JTB, Athy and Celbridge who all 'died a death' in the county championship and we expect something different to happen when wearing the white jersey.

The most worrying thing is that I believe that the county panel has the best players available to it already there so there is no ' quick fix'.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 1:48 am

I keep hearing this lately "Kildare without their Moorefield contingent "..... who are the Moorefield Players that are going to come in ?.. havnt most been in already previously ??.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 1:58 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I keep hearing this lately "Kildare without their Moorefield contingent "..... who are the Moorefield Players that are going to come in ?.. havnt most been in already previously  ??.
Dempsey was there last year.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 2:03 am

Like I stated above I feel Kildare currently have the best available players on the panel, maybe one or two might be added from Moorefield but that's it.
Back to top Go down
Fizzer
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 2:09 am

I didn’t go to the match mostly for the reason that what transpired was completely predictable. I doubt i am alone feeling like that.

Dublin obviously have better players than us but even allowing for that im annoyed by Saturday night.

The way I see it Dublin pushed up on us at the start of the second half, closed us down, broke every one of our kickouts and won every won of the breaking balls

That’s not new age football or some super guru coaching. Whoever wins the breaking ball wins the game. It’s about competing and contesting for every ball.

All our other failings stem from that.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 2:11 am

Jesus lads we lost by six points to one of the best teams of all time, who are also financially doped up to the eyeballs – let's not hit the panic button yet. Still everything to play for.

I sewed it into our club championship on here last year, but Moorefield becoming Leinster champions has forced me to revise my opinion – I now think there are actually four or five teams there of serious quality.

As to who might come in when Moorefield campaign ends (hopefully not till they win it) - I personally would pick Dempsey, Murray, Masterson and Eanna O'Connor. Niall Hurley Lynch has been excellent too but might be a bit long in the tooth perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 2:13 am

Fizzer wrote:

The way I see it Dublin pushed up on us at the start of the second half, closed us down, broke every one of our kickouts and won every won of the breaking balls

That's what was so frustrating. There is NO WAY Mayo would have allowed that to happen in championship over the last few years... Once Dubs start pinning them back, they go short with the kickouts and work it up the field. But we're just back in Div 1 so hopefully lessons learned etc etc.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 2:24 am

It seems like in the last few matches if Feely doesn't win with a clean catch in the midfield we will get fuck all ball. Our plan just seems to be kick it long to Kev. Kick outs need to be worked on. A proper defensive structure needs to be worked on too, seems a bit mad though considering Cian is in the job 3 years now....A call should be made to Ollie Lyons other than Doyle and Hylo he's our best back. Our half back line is doing feck all other than Doyle...
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 2:31 am

True, Donnellan was just lorrying them onto Feely in that third quarter when it's obvious that approach was a busted flush. Lyons has actually stepped away from panel – "a mutual decision". Couldn't agree more re half backs - would also extend it to the corner backs.

The thing about Mayo is that they have seven or eight Eoin Doyles. That's a high standard obviously, but it's where we need to get to if we're going to seriously compete with Dubs instead of just troubling them for periods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Dublin
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next