Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Dublin

Go down 
+41
FearBan
Lilly18
LillieLad
Fizzer
lilywhites on tour
smokey
parcel
jj
KILL BILL
kickingking
moatesports
Shergar
Caprea
steviegenius
Highball
walsheman
Lilly5hite
shoutitout
DONTPULLOUT
OutTheGap
Cilldara_2000
lomond
Xavi
White Bridge
maccie
Ohtoohtobe
Gaa1928
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
lillyboy
flourman
topcat
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
SeamusMurphy
jim
bigball
murof
Flamingo
TommyKeegan
Kildare98
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 9:04 am

This is the chance, Kildare by 4 points.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 pm

bigball wrote:
Two mile house and kilcock more lads on panel than the likes of sarsfields , carbury,  confey naas and other strong senior sides? Does that make sense? I dont think so

5 from Athy, 5 from JTB and 4 from Celbridge.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 12:02 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
bigball wrote:
Two mile house and kilcock more lads on panel than the likes of sarsfields , carbury,  confey naas and other strong senior sides? Does that make sense? I dont think so

5 from Athy, 5 from JTB and 4 from Celbridge.

It also just doesn't work that way bigball, sure the great Tyrone team of the noughties had four lads from The Moy, an intermediate club at the time, on the starting 15.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 7:45 pm

Big Ball, its a good observation but who are the lads from those clubs that are (unfairly) missing out and are clearly better than those on the panel? Surely it should be about the quality of the player not the size of the club? It's not like the county players turn out much for their club anyway so it's not that that those from the "big" clubs would have a big advantage in terms of the quality of club football they're playing at.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 11:22 pm

Conor Lane is referee for Saturday night

It’s live on Eir sport 2
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 1:06 am

If our lads aren't ready to tear into Dublin in this game, there's something seriously wrong. As Jim McGuinness always says, "What are you training for?"

There is no excuse for us not to be seriously competitive – time for our boys to step up to the mark.

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 1:26 am

Three of the four teams that made the senior semi last year make up the bulk of the numbers. A major part of that is the age profile of their teams.
I am sure Moorefield will have lads in too but many of their key men are gone beyond that age profile. I don't think we can get hung up on lads not getting in unless there are glaring omissions.

I think Kildare by two and a positive start to the year.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 1:34 am

I was leading the charge last year about omissions in the forward division – several people on here actually accused me of whinging!

Anyway, personally I think this year's panel is fine. Let's get on with it.
Back to top Go down
maccie
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 1:52 am

Half Time score on Sigerson: UCD 1-6 Maynooth 0-1, another no show from Kildare Senior Players, similar to O Byrne Cup v Longford. God help them when Dubs get them on Saturday with this level of performance. Maybe things will improve in 2nd half but I doubt it if I am reading body language correctly.
Back to top Go down
maccie
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 2:29 am

Final Score : Maynooth 1-6 UCD 2-14. Where do we go from here? you cant just flick a switch and start playing intelligent football. If Flynn, Brophy, Cribben and Conway can do it against UCD, what chance v Dublin Seniors?
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 3:10 am

That's 4 players out of 15 maccie..........talk about over-reacting. Let's wait and see what happens before you start throwing them under the bus! It's not as if the UCD boys are all Junior B's ffs!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 3:21 am

Jaysus Maccie we had a few players out, not the whole team... cool the jets!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 5:57 am

White Bridge wrote:
That's 4 players out of 15 maccie..........talk about over-reacting. Let's wait and see what happens before you start throwing them under the bus! It's not as if the UCD boys are all Junior B's ffs!

All credit to wild over-reactions like..
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 5:59 am

maccie wrote:
Final Score : Maynooth 1-6 UCD 2-14. Where do we go from here? you cant just flick a switch and start playing intelligent football. If Flynn, Brophy, Cribben and Conway can do it against UCD, what chance v Dublin Seniors?

Conway wasn't playing unless the official team sheet was wrong. But let's not let facts get in the way.. the Maynooth game teaches us nothing we didn't know.

Our senior players have enough to prove without adding anything else into the mix.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 6:57 am

No one gives a flying fiddlers Fcuk about college competitions . Soulless and meaningless ways for ex county players to make a name for themselves as managers whilst at the same time Van Wilder like "students" continue to line out.

Absolute dribble. No interest and never will.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 7:08 am

They'll get enough of a flaying (from me) if they'd don't get stuck into these hoors on Saturday night, so I think I can live with a few squad members losing a college match.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 7:17 am

Incidentally, I think Padraic Duffy may have inadvertently reignited the "split the Dubs" debate with his latest rant... I can appreciate people citing Mayo's competitiveness - I do it myself - but let's get real here: Mayo haven't beaten Dublin since... Do you know, I actually can't remember the last time they beat them. It's been what, 15 games maybe?

Regardless of what happens in the league this year, expect the Dubs debate to rage on. Anyway, us being properly competitive - and this particular Kildare group needs to start moving beyond moral victories - would be a good start to our campaign. We can take from the Mayo example without holding on to the more delusional aspects (spoiler alert: unless Mayo unearth a couple of brilliant forwards they're going to fail - again - this year).
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 8:06 am

Kevin Feely game was called off until next Wednesday
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 9:25 am

Was there only 4 of the Panel playing ?.. I thought there'd be more.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 9:45 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Was there only 4 of the Panel playing ?.. I thought there'd be more.
paul Cribbin Paddy Brophy Mark Hyland and Daniel Flynn played for Maynooth David Courtney played for athlone both teams lost and none Kildare players scored
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Johnny Doyle's comments on Maynooth's performance make grim enough reading:

“You can come up with all the strength and conditioning training and all that, at the end of the day it’s about kicking the ball over the bar and we couldn’t do it. That’s what cost us in the end. So we’ve no excuses.”

Doyle’s side had 13 shots on goal in the first-half, hitting 10 wides and dropping two short to leave them with a 1-8 to 0-1 hill to climb at half-time.

“It was always going to be an uphill battle in the second-half,” he said.

“You’re here to win and go to that dark place to battle hard but we were outworked all over the field. That’s the most disappointing thing.”

Personally I'm glad Maynooth are out at the first hurdle so those lads can concentrate on the League.

Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 6:48 pm

I couldnt care less about Maynooth either but what is a worry is that we had 3 of what most perceive as our main men with kildare that never got a kick of it yesterday. Now i know that happens, somedays things just don't go your way. The biggest issue for me was that they never broke a sweat they put in zero efford into a championships game. I came away a very worry man to be honest.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Maybe they were saving themselves for Sat night! I wasn't there but they are not guys who I'd normally worry about from an effort perspective. But all three have a tendency to flit in and out of games.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 7:49 pm

It really is silly season on here. DCU won the Sigerson a few years ago with Tomas O'Connor at full forward. UCD won it with Niall Kelly to the fore and fair to say he still has plenty of questions to answer. Likewise many brilliant players have played atrociously in it and no cares or remembers. It ranks alongside the O'Byrne Cup in wider significance.

Thank god after a full six months the real stuff is about the begin!!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 7:51 pm

If we do retain Div 1 status this year the earthquake you feel will be everyone on here back pedalling Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Dublin
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next