Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager

Go down 
+58
Badger85
micky murphy
lily4fr
hawker
Kildare98
All down the line
murof
Botch
Ogie
maccie
lilysavage
Club fan
TheManInTheStands
Onechance
lomond
steviegenius
White Bridge
Gaa1928
seamymurphy
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
moatesports
Rex
learmus
Kildaretothebone
bite the pillow
jj
KILL BILL
intheback
kelf
shortgrass
TommyKeegan
Taibi
JohnnyMarr
Shergar
lillyboy
Big Full Back
Snowwhite
Fear An Geata
jimmers
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
inexile
flourman
Highball
FionnMcCool
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
white boy
Bigfullforward
SeamusMurphy
if_in_doubt
Shay tompkins
kildareking
bigball
Sorrynotsorry
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 1:30 am

Rory G living in West Donegal (Kilcarr ?) might be a bridge too far.. Davy B not setting world on fire in Sash ?

Most proven coach mentioned is Niall Carew...…….would he work with a strong personality ?????
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 5:46 pm

It's Davy burke lads, with Brendan hacket agreed to come in as selector,

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 7:26 pm

Heard the same myself
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 9:25 pm

Jack O’Connor now favourite with the bookies
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 6:15 pm

As far as I can see, the interviews for the position haven’t even started. It’s not like they’ve had 4 weeks or anything to get their shit together....
Counties are losing managers by the day. We had a head start on all of them. Now it’s a crowded market.
Let’s hope the tardiness of the CB doesn’t cost us the chance of getting a manager of real quality.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 9:44 pm

So does anyone actually know who is even going for interview? Or who will be conducting them?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 10:21 pm

Paul Galvin has the Wexford job by all accounts. Certainly would've raised a few eyebrows in Kildare.

I really hope Burke doesn't get it, he's not what's needed right now.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 12:16 am

For me Burke is definitely the leading candidate, and I’d be happy seeing Hackett in as selector as well.

It’s better if we can stick with managers within the county.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 7:37 am

Strong word Tonight Lads , is that J O C has being offered the job. He comes with a Big back room Team. Would not be my first Choice, but if he does the Business I be Delighted to be proved wrong. This Lad get more things Right that wrong. Mite be Bull sxxxx has the Betting changed?
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 9:31 am

white boy wrote:
Strong word Tonight Lads , is that  J  O  C has  being offered the job. He comes with a Big back room Team.  Would not be my first Choice, but if he does the Business I be Delighted to be proved wrong. This Lad  get more things Right that wrong. Mite be Bull sxxxx has the Betting changed?

Yes the betting has changed. O' Connor's odd have dropped past couple of days, today he's odds on favourite with Paddy power. He has some record in fairness
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 10:08 am

Would be delighted with JOC. Would suit our style of play perfectly & only managers in history with more All Irelands are Sean Boylan, Jim Gavin & Micko.

Probably be Paul Curran now.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 6:53 pm

Jack could bring the buzz back to Kildare, really hope it happens......
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 7:14 pm

Any word of back room team for JOC?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 8:30 pm

Big difference in being offered the job and actually accepting but there would be a big buzz if he was to take it. I wouldn't be getting too excited though, probably end up with Tommy Carr.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 10:17 pm

I would love Glavin and O'connor.
Lads saying football has moved on are basing it on U20s with Kerry minus game changers.
He won minors in 2014 and 2015 as manager and has fuckin senior All Irelands in the modern era!

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 10:35 pm

The grumpiest man I've ever come across in the game, and one hell of a manager. He'd terrify that panel into complete commitment versus walking away. Might be just what's needed. Although as said above, big difference between talking to someone, getting them to agree, finding the finances and appointing them.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 10:51 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
The grumpiest man I've ever come across in the game, and one hell of a manager. He'd terrify that panel into complete commitment versus walking away. Might be just what's needed. Although as said above, big difference between talking to someone, getting them to agree, finding the finances and appointing them.
wouldn’t blame him talking to you
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 10:55 pm

O’Connor is just what this panel needs. Too many lads living off reputations that haven’t matched their performances.
O’Connor won’t suffer that. Someone like him to go in and ask players to show me your medals.
And if they don’t like it, get rid of them. If O’Connor gets the gig, the days of players and fans alike blaming the manager will be gone. If they fail this time it’ll be down to the players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 11:08 pm

Anyone see the Munster u20 final?
Kerry made exact same mistakes they made v Kildare last year. Leaving full back line isolated 2 on 2 and Corks inside men as shown yesterday were just as impressive as Kildares duo last year.

Think while Jack has the force of personality to give an instant lift and maybe bring us back up to Div 1 next year but I’d worry about that lack of defensive structure in big championship games in Croke Park.

The Kerry minor teams whom Jack looked after and won all Ireland’s with had the best panel of players in the country, as with the Kerr seniors in the noughties.
When 20s lost a few key players and his team of 2009 started to retire he struggled as anyone would but he for me is a big gamble with lads that are not of top quality.

Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 11:39 pm

Every appointment is a gamble, bottom line: he is a winner at all levels, not sure exactly what or who it is you would actually want?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 12:05 am

I think Malachy O’Rourke is a safer bet and I i was going for the gamble option I’d gamble on Davy Burke or Ross Glavin
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 12:10 am

Gambling is not something we should be doing at this juncture. We need the best person for the job that we can get.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 1:24 am

Indeed, Jack O'Connor
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 7:00 am

Jack o Connor might be the most experienced man going for the job but no guarantee he is the best. People are in love with what he was 10 years ago, not the man who threw away big games in recent years with the under 20s. Surprised people say Rosa Glavin is too young but then champion Davy Burke! Think Ross has earned a shot. Failing that Glenn would be preferable to O Connor or McStay. If we go outside would love to see John Divilly get it. Knows the modern game and knows the players. For people who say we need a proven manager, Jason Ryan had a proven track record before taking over and Kieran McGeeney had no managerial record at all. For an outside the box suggestion, Ryan Porter, Malachy O 'Rourke's right hand man.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 7:03 am

Shergar wrote:
Jack o Connor might be the most experienced man going for the job but no guarantee he is the best. People are in love with what he was 10 years ago, not the man who threw away big games in recent years with the under 20s. Surprised people say Rosa Glavin is too young but then champion Davy Burke! Think Ross has earned a shot. Failing that Glenn would be preferable to O Connor or McStay. If we go outside would love to see John Divilly get it. Knows the modern game and knows the players. For people who say we need a proven manager, Jason Ryan had a proven track record before taking over and Kieran McGeeney had no managerial record at all. For an outside the box suggestion, Ryan Porter, Malachy O 'Rourke's right hand man.
John Divilly is very well liked in Galway at moment with handling of u20 this year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next