Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager

Go down 
+58
Badger85
micky murphy
lily4fr
hawker
Kildare98
All down the line
murof
Botch
Ogie
maccie
lilysavage
Club fan
TheManInTheStands
Onechance
lomond
steviegenius
White Bridge
Gaa1928
seamymurphy
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
moatesports
Rex
learmus
Kildaretothebone
bite the pillow
jj
KILL BILL
intheback
kelf
shortgrass
TommyKeegan
Taibi
JohnnyMarr
Shergar
lillyboy
Big Full Back
Snowwhite
Fear An Geata
jimmers
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
inexile
flourman
Highball
FionnMcCool
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
white boy
Bigfullforward
SeamusMurphy
if_in_doubt
Shay tompkins
kildareking
bigball
Sorrynotsorry
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 7:54 am

Think people are being overly harsh on O'Connor with the U20's. They were beaten by the AI winners on both occasions. Cork found it just as easy to score goals against Dublin yesterday. It's a big step up from minor for most players.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 11:47 am

O’Connor turns 60 next year. He might go into it with good intentions but when it comes to the crunch, is he really going to make managing another county the top priority in his life?
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 5:48 pm

That's harsh and becoming a bit close to questioning his integrity, wasn't Micko older when he won Leinster with both Kildare and Laois?
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 7:19 pm

O Connor is the safe choice and when you think about it how could you be surprised at anything else given our County Boards ineptitude. He's a proven All Ireland winner at multiple grades with continually the best footballers in the country at his disposal.

When anyone who is involved with his appointment is questioned they can turn to this. It's a no brainer really for the no brainers.

Outside the box thinking is not something we're renowned for.

Completely uninspiring and when it fails I'll tell you all I told you so .

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 9:33 pm

Dont bother your hole.Nobody will really care what you predicted.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 10:07 pm

Lads don't be getting yourselves upset. Time will Tell, it was between him and Burke, I would have went for Burke a younger Man, then again J O C has being there, and that must be a big advantage. Look I be very Happy if he gets back in top 8 and improving with a chance of 4 in a few years. Word has it he be in place by Friday. Now you know our C.B if he dose not get the back room Team he wants, he mite say No Thanks.E.g C.b won't pay for these extra don't think that be a problem C O N had 15 in his backroom .Let's see what way this unfolds.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 6:05 am

white boy: so there must be a CB meeting on Tuesday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, How many of the 55/60 members of CB will support JOC or will want Davie ??

Big step for JOC from winning a Kildare Minor League in 78 & Kildare Junior in 1980 !!!!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 6:23 am

Whatever you think of him as a manager you can't deny that CON was passionate about Kildare.
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/oneill-i-didnt-leave-the-house-for-four-days-after-defeat-it-scared-me-941979.html
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 7:24 am

He will be Nominated by the Committee, once that's done, it a done deal. I would say he will be the only Name to be put Forward. I mite be wrong, if the put a second Name Forward it will go to a vote for the Clubs.But from what I hearing it J.O.C to loose. Bar There is a problem with finance, for the Back room Team, You are Correct to say next C.B meeting is in September , but that will be only be a matter of rubber stamping it.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 8:12 am

murof wrote:
Whatever you think of him as a manager you can't deny that CON  was passionate about Kildare.
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/oneill-i-didnt-leave-the-house-for-four-days-after-defeat-it-scared-me-941979.html
Murof, anyone who knows CON could see all work he was putting in and the passion he had for Kildare...
Am sure he will take a break and be back in the saddle soon...

Being a manager is not easy, best of luck to whomever gets the post!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 8:37 am

Tough crowd on here... When you add up JOC's All Irelands at senior, U21 and minor, the only managers in history with more are Micko and Jim Gavin.

Micko is now retired and Gavin is obviousy otherwise engaged, so after that trio, not sure where else you go... Jesus Christ maybe? Close to same initials but don't think he's available either.

As I said earlier, I'd be delighted with JOC. When you have a manager of that calibre, players don't really have any excuses. Will be good to get him in for a few years and find out whether we are actually the real deal. Time to stop messing around.

Hopefully it gets confirmed quickly and we can crack on.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 8:54 am

Had a laugh at “when he fails I’ll say I told you so”. Sure every Kildare manager ever has failed.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
O Connor is the safe choice and when you think about it how could you be surprised at anything else given our County Boards ineptitude.  He's a proven All Ireland winner at multiple grades with continually the best footballers in the country at his disposal.

When anyone who is involved with his appointment is questioned they can turn to this. It's a no brainer really for the no brainers.

Outside the box thinking is not something we're renowned for.

Completely uninspiring and when it fails I'll tell you all I told you so .

This has all the hallmarks of Shay Tompkins again. scratch
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Had a laugh at “when he fails I’ll say I told you so”. Sure every Kildare manager ever has failed.

lol!
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 6:27 pm

JOC had a ready made conveyor belt of players coming through, Kildare need nearly a whole new team.

And how are the County board going to pay the mercenary ?

Glen and Johnny needed. People who give a shite about their county. Probably won't happen though.

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 6:59 pm

Mercenary? Stay classy mate...
Was Brian Murphy a mercenary?
Was Brian Lacey a mercenary?
Karl O’Dwyer a mercenary?
Mick O’Dwyer a mercenary?
Geezer a mercenary???
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 7:04 pm

Also if he was a mercenary he would have already hit up around three counties picking up 50k at a time with his profile...
I give up.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 7:07 pm

And so it begins...
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 7:10 pm

It is laughable on here sometimes. We have being giving out about having the players coming through but the manager hasn't been able to get the most out of them. Then along comes JOC we are pretty much saying he had great players at his disposal and all he did was get the best out of them.

Of all the managers out there JOC is the one with the most impressive CV and won't suffer fools among the group. I think someone like him can attract some of the players who left back into the squad. Yes he is the safe option but we made a massive c**k up on Ryan and took a risk on CON, a safe pair of hands may be what is needed right now.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 7:31 pm

If it’s JOC as seems likely by sounds of things the sane amongst us can have very little complaints and indeed should only be excited by this. We’re getting a top quality manager who will take absolutely no bullsh*t and demand utter commitment to the cause.
This is a man who is likely to have had plenty of opportunities in recent times to take on other counties but who now appears want to take on the challenge with ourselves. For that we should be encouraged
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 8:20 pm

I would be very happy if Jack O'Connor was appointed and in my opinion if he was a 'mercenary' he would of been on the inter county merry go round which he didn't do and he obviously see's something in Kildare that he can build on i am sure if he is going to take the job he will bring a good back room team with him which is important and i believe he won't suffer fools and he is hungry for the job so to me great news if it is true...
Remember people its easy to find fault in everything..... and no matter who was chosen we would of had pages of debate but please keep it country!!
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 8:22 pm

If it is JOC who gets the job would Johnny Doyle, Dermot Earley or Kevin O'Neill go in as selectors?
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 8:31 pm

It would be great if he could get somebody like JD in as selector. The more you think of it the more it surely makes sense. We’re getting a proven manager with a knowledge of our club scene and a network of contacts already so he should be more than capable of hitting the ground running
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Yeah can people STOP with the rubbish please... “readymade conveyor belt of players”. He didn’t get Sean O’Shea til his second year with the Kerry minors, and he didn’t get Clifford at all. So that analysis doesn’t stand up to scrutiny at all (shock).

He is literally one of the most successful managers in the history of the GAA. Jesus Christ what more do you want?!

Great appointment as anyone thinking anyway rationally can see.

Believe me he knows quality when he sees it & I take it as a huge compliment that he believes there’s serious talent in Kildare. We’ve long the ambition of becoming a top Div 1 county & that will definitely be his aim.

As an additional bonus the Dubs hate him & Kerry’s 09 annihilation of them remains one of the most hilarious things I’ve ever seen in my life.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 10:25 pm

Haunted - well said +1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next