Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager

Go down 
+58
Badger85
micky murphy
lily4fr
hawker
Kildare98
All down the line
murof
Botch
Ogie
maccie
lilysavage
Club fan
TheManInTheStands
Onechance
lomond
steviegenius
White Bridge
Gaa1928
seamymurphy
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
moatesports
Rex
learmus
Kildaretothebone
bite the pillow
jj
KILL BILL
intheback
kelf
shortgrass
TommyKeegan
Taibi
JohnnyMarr
Shergar
lillyboy
Big Full Back
Snowwhite
Fear An Geata
jimmers
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
inexile
flourman
Highball
FionnMcCool
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
white boy
Bigfullforward
SeamusMurphy
if_in_doubt
Shay tompkins
kildareking
bigball
Sorrynotsorry
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 11:11 pm

Big Full Back wrote:
FionnMcCool wrote:
O Connor is the safe choice and when you think about it how could you be surprised at anything else given our County Boards ineptitude.  He's a proven All Ireland winner at multiple grades with continually the best footballers in the country at his disposal.

When anyone who is involved with his appointment is questioned they can turn to this. It's a no brainer really for the no brainers.

Outside the box thinking is not something we're renowned for.

Completely uninspiring and when it fails I'll tell you all I told you so .

This has all the hallmarks of Shay Tompkins again. scratch

A guy has an opinion on here and they are accused of all sorts. I've stated I don't think he's the man for Kildare at this present moment .

I've stated the reasons why I think the CB would pick him. It is a safe bet. He has without doubt a proven track record .

Its conform on here or be banished . Thats my opinion, I couldn't give a fuck who agrees or disagrees . At th end of the day we all want wheat we perceive to be the best think for Kildare GAA.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 11:33 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Had a laugh at “when he fails I’ll say I told you so”. Sure every Kildare manager ever has failed.

That is dependent really on what you perceive to be success and failure. You could argue every manager in Leinster bar Dublin has been a failure since 1999 - or 2010 if you count Meath's Leinster win or place any merit on it.

I would argue that Micko and McGeeney were successful with Kildare getting the best out of the players they had.

I don't know who you are but you've obviously high standards if every Kildare manager ever, failed. Supporting Kildare must be tough on you, mentally.
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 11:38 pm

CB statement today saying that no contact has been made with JOC.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 11:43 pm

seamymurphy wrote:

Can you read? Statement never mentioned Jack O'Connor or anybody else.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 11:49 pm

I have been told that no offer has been made to anyone yet
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 11:53 pm

What is needed in Kildare is a Kildare man who can get average to good players performing above their level. Which is where Kildare football is right now. Look at the Tyrone game. Lads afraid of getting hurt, dodging tackles etc. And all that at home as well.

McGeeney was able to do that - but he had some quality players as well. And look what happened to him - despite getting Kildare to an Ireland semi where he was robbed, plus regular division 1 football, he was voted out. HURLING CLUBS WERE EVEN GIVEN A VOTE !!!!!!!

By all means get the cheque book out. Bring in the outsider. Fool the foolish by saying, "oh yes, he has links with Moorefield". Have the pullouts in the newspapers.

But remember Cavan and Roscommon are in Division 2 next year - and Meath and Dublin are in Leinster.

Get Glen/Johnny now. You know it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 11:58 pm

flourman wrote:
seamymurphy wrote:

Can you read? Statement never mentioned Jack O'Connor or anybody else.

I heard it on KFM.. and JOC was mentioned.. I didn't read it anywhere.. is that ok with you ?.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 12:03 am

No it’s not OK with me, what you wrote was factually incorrect - is that OK with you?
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 12:14 am

flourman wrote:
No it’s not OK with me, what you wrote was factually incorrect - is that OK with you?

I'm so so so sorry.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 1:24 am

Fucking abortion of a thread.

People can have different opinions but the I'll say I told you so brigade can GTFO IMO. They added nothing only toxicity and strife when they were here in the past, I'm sure it'll be no different now. I'll say I told you so when this becomes apparent.

I'm gobsmacked at the attitude of some posters to JOC. The man has by far and a way the best record of any contender. People calling him a mercenary or safe appointment should have a glance at how many all irelands any other potential appointee has won and perhaps a long hard look at themselves.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 1:34 am

Calm down lads.

Now how about Glen...…….
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 3:48 am

its silly season time now all right , is carew and hackett a runner in this race ?my men for job would be glen with rainbow and j d .
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 5:27 am

Cilldara_2000 wrote:

People can have different opinions but the I'll say I told you so brigade can GTFO IMO. They added nothing only toxicity and strife when they were here in the past, I'm sure it'll be no different now. I'll say I told you so when this becomes apparent.

I'm gobsmacked at the attitude of some posters to JOC. The man has by far and a way the best record of any contender. People calling him a mercenary or safe appointment should have a glance at how many all irelands any other potential appointee has won and perhaps a long hard look at themselves.

Am I wrong in saying he's a safe appointment . I went against the grain here in the past and didn't subscribe to a lot of the bullshit from a lot of posters in here. I wont apologise for that. I wont apologise for not being a JOC cheerleader.

That's not to take away from anything he has achieved. He has an impressive CV and no doubt is steeped in GAA . I just dont think its what we need currently. For various reasons .
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 5:42 am

Moatesports talks a lot of sense.

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 5:52 am

Why would/should JD and or Glen be an option ?

I'm curious to know
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 6:35 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
Cilldara_2000 wrote:

Am I wrong in saying he's a safe appointment . I went against the grain here in the past and didn't subscribe to a lot of the bullshit from a lot of posters in here. I wont apologise for that. I wont apologise for not being a JOC cheerleader.  

That's not to take away from anything he has achieved. He has an impressive CV and no doubt is steeped in GAA . I just dont think its what we need currently.  For various reasons .

Just out of curiosity what do we need in your opinion.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 6:57 am

I really don't understand the lack of support around JOC, , I would think he is exactly what we need right now.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 7:18 am

This whole process has been a bit bizarre, even by Kildare standards. I genuinely think the media just report what we say on here!

Davy Burke in the Nationalist today flat out says he wants the job. Tis like a presidential election in a banana republic! Ger Donnelly shortly to address throngs from Conleths balcony dressed in military regalia.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 7:22 am

Think there is plenty of support, most of what I've heard and read has been very positive. You'll always get an alternative view which is absolutely fine.

The thing that always worries me is the way some in the County just will never accept someone if it isn't their choice. It will have an effect sooner or later just as it did with McGeeney.

I understand Burkes desire to manage the Seniors, but the jump from 1 year at u20 to going head to head with some seriously experienced managers is in my eyes too much if a leap. However if he came in alongside JOC ge would get a serious education putting him in prime position in a couple of years time.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 7:38 am

Rex wrote:
FionnMcCool wrote:
Cilldara_2000 wrote:

That's not to take away from anything he has achieved. He has an impressive CV and no doubt is steeped in GAA . I just dont think its what we need currently.  For various reasons .

Just out of curiosity what do we need in your opinion.

Someone with the ability to get the most out of players with limited ability, someone who can install the want in players that have ability but lack the drive, someone who can install backbone/hardness into a player that will make them want to burst through a wall for them .

Some of our players are limited.  We need to maximise what they can bring . We have some very gifted and talented players that for one reason or another have opted out they need be instilled with the drive needed . One of these players could be the best footballer in the country and the best ever produced in Kildare .

We have some nice tidy footballers that need to be made as hard as nails , that they'd take your head off for a sniff of the leather , that they'd run through a wall 200m away in the 75th minute to win a 80/20 in favour of the opposition ball.

That's what we need. Needle in a haystack shit no doubt. But I just dont feel JOC brings enough of above to the table .
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 7:54 am

That's fair enough. You make good points. The one aspect you omitted though is a name of who you would like.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 8:16 am

Rex wrote:
That's fair enough. You make good points. The one aspect you omitted though is a name of who you would like.

You asked what do we need. And that's what I told you. Some people are never happy.

Malachy O Rouke and Jim McGuinness are 2 obvious ones that would spring to mind immediately. How realistic they are is another thing. But then again there has to be another potential O Rourke or McGuinness that would like to make a name for themselves starting out- similar to McGeeney appointment back in 2007. Outside the box thinking maybe - not playing it safe with JOC.

I actually think Paul Galvin is fantastic appointment for Wexford by the way
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 8:17 am

What was the idea of the County Board putting that one liner out today. So what if there’s loads of speculation or a clear bookies favorite, it seemed to be a strange thing to put out.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 8:19 am

Big Full Back wrote:
What was the idea of the County Board putting that one liner out today. So what if there’s loads of speculation or a clear bookies favorite, it seemed to be a strange thing to put out.

You have to admit . It was a well constructed one liner without any grammar mistakes. That's a plus . Surely
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 8:21 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
Big Full Back wrote:

You have to admit . It was a well constructed one liner without any grammar mistakes. That's a plus . Surely

It certainly didn’t take a genius to come up with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager
Page 8 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next