Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager

Go down 
+58
Badger85
micky murphy
lily4fr
hawker
Kildare98
All down the line
murof
Botch
Ogie
maccie
lilysavage
Club fan
TheManInTheStands
Onechance
lomond
steviegenius
White Bridge
Gaa1928
seamymurphy
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
moatesports
Rex
learmus
Kildaretothebone
bite the pillow
jj
KILL BILL
intheback
kelf
shortgrass
TommyKeegan
Taibi
JohnnyMarr
Shergar
lillyboy
Big Full Back
Snowwhite
Fear An Geata
jimmers
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
inexile
flourman
Highball
FionnMcCool
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
white boy
Bigfullforward
SeamusMurphy
if_in_doubt
Shay tompkins
kildareking
bigball
Sorrynotsorry
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 8:46 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
Rex wrote:
That's fair enough. You make good points. The one aspect you omitted though is a name of who you would like.

You asked what do we need. And that's what I told you. Some people are never happy.

Malachy O Rouke and Jim McGuinness are 2 obvious ones that would spring to mind immediately.  How realistic they are is another thing.  But then again there has to be another potential O Rourke or McGuinness that would like to make a name for themselves starting out- similar to McGeeney appointment back in 2007. Outside the box thinking maybe - not playing it safe with JOC.

I actually think Paul Galvin is fantastic appointment for Wexford by the way

You posting on a forum ain't making me happy or feeling any other emotion. I was trying to have a conversation about the new management. That seems beneath you, I don't think a forum is for you.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 8:53 am

[/quote]

You posting on a forum ain't making me happy or feeling any other emotion. I was trying to have a conversation about the new management. That seems beneath you, I don't think a forum is for you. [/quote]

And to think we use to have a good relationship on here. Were like minded and had similar wants for Kildare GAA.

Funny how people can change over time. Maybe you're getting cranky in your old age. Who knows .
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 5:31 pm

Can we stop the name calling - I hadnt been on in a few days to the forum and was looking forward to 3 pages on opinion on this topic since my last logon.

Toxic toxic crap lads - Sensible debate from here on without petty insults.

Contenders seem to be

JOC
GR/ JD dream team ticket
DB

I would have loved to have seen Glen in charge but the more it goes on , the more i think his time may have come and gone - Its over 10 years since his under 21 successes and 6 years on since ending his stint at longford. Given grievances with existing committee i cant see how he will be on the ticket.

Would have loved to have seen how he would have gotten on but cant see it happening.

JOC seems the sensible choice to me and the more time goes on, it seems like the only realistic choice. There are very very few outstanding candidates (nationally) and added to that you need someone up for the challenge and willing to travel to Kildare etc , that rules more ppl out.

Had thought DB was getting the role (had heard on the grapevine but this looks like bar stool talk - im sure he will be there or thereabouts in next few years - Hopefully he has some involvement or progression plan)

Syl Merrins foresight back in 07 continues to be the most out of the box and successful bit of leadership we have had in this area.

I dont think we can turn our noses up at a mutiple all ireland winning kerry manager who knows the local scene well.

If it is JOC , i will be wishing him the very best
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Seemly Davy burke has moved Sarsfields training sessions around this week to attend a interview with the county board, A big week for the sash playing their local rivals & their manager has his eyes on another job from the papers I read.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 8:08 pm

O'Connor has won All Ireland's at school, minor, U21 and senior level. No other manager available comes anywhere close to that record. It is also his first county outside of Kerry so no way can he be seen as a mercenary. He has far more knowledge of club football in Kildare than Micko or Geezer had when they arrived. He has 2 sons who have been playing club football in the county for a few years and will know most of the club players really well.
Much as I admire Glen and Davy they are a bigger risk for us now. Would really love to see them on board and JD as well. The first task for a new manager has to be getting all the best players back playing with Kildare as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 8:36 pm

This says everything I would wanted to have said Murof
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 9:24 pm

Kildare-Tom wrote:
Seemly Davy burke has moved Sarsfields training sessions around this week to attend a interview with the county board, A big week for the sash playing their local rivals & their manager has his eyes on another job from the papers I read.

Sent from Topic'it App

And... what's your point . If Sarsfield are that precious that moving training by a night effects their prep for a match against their local rivals, they probably werent going to win the match anyways.

Of course Davy wants the Job. Why wouldn't he . Hes ambitious . That's not a bad trait .
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 10:52 pm

FionnMcCool wrote:
Kildare-Tom wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App

And... what's your point . If Sarsfield are that precious that moving training by a night effects their prep for a match against their local rivals, they probably werent going to win the match anyways.  

Of course Davy wants the Job. Why wouldn't he . Hes ambitious . That's not a bad trait .

What in the name of God is bugging you, Fionn. You seem determined to bite the heads off all and sundry.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 12:16 am

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
FionnMcCool wrote:
Kildare-Tom wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App

What in the name of God is bugging you, Fionn. You seem determined to bite the heads off all and sundry.

I've been away from here for a few years. Maybe it's all that pent up rage. Just roll with it for now. It's nothing personal against anyone.

I love you all
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 2:32 am

Bizarre situation. Betting suspended and country's sports hacks think O'Connor has the gig. Meanwhile Burke saying in local papers he wants job and county board say nothing's happening at all...

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/donnchadh-boyle-jack-oconnor-has-experience-to-bring-out-the-best-in-kildare-38381658.html
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 5:14 am

We run a tight ship in fairness...
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 10:56 pm

So just checking in if we are allowed talk about this again...we might revisit it.

Davy Burke says he wants it. he young lads obviously love him and he had Kildare U20s playing great stuff. BUT, as we have seen for years players making the step up isn't straightforward and it could be the same for management.

Glenn is another serious contender, but you would almost like and respect the man too much to send him into what will ultimately end in a shitshow if and when players let him down.

JOC is yesterday's man seemingly even though he was in the running for Kerry last time out, a county that are way above us. He also has the advantage of being able to head on home after ruffling as many feathers as possible.
There could be no excuse from players with him in charge.

Malachy O'Rourke doesn't look on at all even though he would have been a great shout.

As you may guess JOC and Glavin would be my preferred ticket. Safe pair of hands has been mentioned like it's a bad thing, but I would say he is a dangerous appointment for Kildare in that he would take zero prisoners and would be willing to call out everyone and anyone who wasn't towing the line or if county board were not getting shit done.

Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 4:06 am

As a matter of interest when are we expecting white smoke?
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 3:58 am

Heard a rumour of Jack O Connor with Sugrue at No.2 ?

Anyone hear similar?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 4:24 am

Yeah i heard the same, would be a good ticket
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 5:16 am

The Queens won't be happy at that if it's true. Left them as Manager to be no. 2 in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 6:59 pm

That would be just brilliant on so many fronts!
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 10:55 pm

KILL BILL wrote:
That would be just brilliant on so many fronts!

Agree. Rate Sugrue highly. I've met him a number of times at various things . Shrewd operator and very clued in .

I'd be 100% behind this . JOC along with some modern thinking and approach
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 9:03 pm

JOC would be fine. I assume the County Board are shopping around and putting the feelers out.
He would have a trainer with him. Most lads do.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 7:56 pm

This is a game changer if true - As Bill said, this is so good on many levels Smile
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 8:05 pm

I heard at the weekend that Ross Glavin might be stepping down this year, work commitments with the army.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 8:12 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
I heard at the weekend that Ross Glavin might be stepping down this year, work commitments with the army.
that going around for while now could heading overseas
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 10:15 pm

If O'Connor and Sugrue, can't have any complaints. Would love to see Burke in there as selector too. Getting to stage though where all the blame of recent management teams was misplaced if players don't perform as they are the constant in recent failure to live up to expectation.

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 10:34 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
If O'Connor and Sugrue, can't have any complaints. Would love to see Byrne in there as selector too. Getting to stage though where all the blame of recent management teams was misplaced if players don't perform as they are the constant in recent failure to live up to expectation.

Which Byrne? Paddy's too old now, surely.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 10:36 pm

From What I saw over the weekend a lot of work ahead for any county manager.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager
Page 9 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next