Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager

Go down 
+58
Badger85
micky murphy
lily4fr
hawker
Kildare98
All down the line
murof
Botch
Ogie
maccie
lilysavage
Club fan
TheManInTheStands
Onechance
lomond
steviegenius
White Bridge
Gaa1928
seamymurphy
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
moatesports
Rex
learmus
Kildaretothebone
bite the pillow
jj
KILL BILL
intheback
kelf
shortgrass
TommyKeegan
Taibi
JohnnyMarr
Shergar
lillyboy
Big Full Back
Snowwhite
Fear An Geata
jimmers
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
inexile
flourman
Highball
FionnMcCool
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
white boy
Bigfullforward
SeamusMurphy
if_in_doubt
Shay tompkins
kildareking
bigball
Sorrynotsorry
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 11:15 am

Yeah Mescal probably the most promising of that lot, started on three minor sides in a row iirc
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 8:42 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:

There was one U21 Leinster final v Dubs when Flynn must have kicked about 12 points, absolute exhibition stuff.
2015 Neil Flynn Scored 0-11 in Final and in 2016 final Flynn Scored 0-10
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 9:22 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Healy I think is excellent - and was immense against Mayo last year. Neil Flynn in fairness I think is brilliant but I would have had McMonagle & Fitzpatrick right there with him ability wise.

Getting the best players in squad - especially the group missing this year - going to be big challenge for O’Connor.

There was one U21 Leinster final v Dubs when Flynn must have kicked about 12 points, absolute exhibition stuff.

Think that Team broke a 22 Year baron spell at minor in Leinster..
Losing to Roscommon in the Quarter finals.
One for you maybe HG.. I might be wrong, but of that current Rossies Senior Squad I think they're backboned by a lot of that 2013 Minor side ?.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 10:02 pm

Sean Mulloolly, Tadgh O’Rourke, Diarmuid Murtagh.

Ultan Harney (bad run with injuries never the same, Ronan Daly and one of the Compton brothers in and out of the team. Henry Walsh on extended panel.

Roscommon bullied us and some of the same players who didn't fancy it that day, didn't deliver in under 21 finals v Dublin subsequently so f**k ability. O'Callaghan, Basquel and Murchan were all minor again the following year in fairness. Smallest Dublin minor team I've ever seen and in a tight Parnell Park they couldn't get the ball past midfield for much of the day. Mescal huge loss to Kildare football. Still his acting career seems on the up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 10:21 pm

Roscommon bullied us and some of the same players who didn't fancy it that day, didn't deliver in under 21 finals v Dublin subsequently so f**k ability - Shergar so correct and one of our biggest problems in kildare……..

Look at the likes of Fergal Conway.... to be fair not blessed with natural ability but i would have him every day of the week and to me we need 4 more of him on at least the panel to keep lads honest in training and games... lot of people on here go to club games anybody seeing a Philly McMahon type out there??
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 10:25 pm

Didn't deliver against Dublin at U21?!

They were close each year and even took them to extra time in 2016 when O'Callaghan went on a rampage... Also Dublin in the past decade are literally the most well-resourced underage set-up in the history of the GAA. Run that sentence through your head again. More like f**k cheap shots on forums.

Disappointing losses but to say they didn't deliver is fake news I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 11:22 pm

Well said HG
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 11:46 pm

Tactics had a lot to do with that defeat to Roscommon. The Roscommon no. 11 played as a third midfielder and our CB tried to play as a sweeper. We couldn't win enough ball in midfield and their running game bypassed the sweeper.
Our corner back was destroyed by Murtagh and was left to cope on his own for too long. Definitely not Brian Murphy's finest hour.

Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 12:37 am

murof wrote:
Tactics had a lot to do with that defeat to Roscommon. The Roscommon no. 11 played as a third midfielder and our CB tried to play as a sweeper. We couldn't win enough ball in midfield and their running game bypassed the sweeper.
Our corner back was destroyed by Murtagh and was left to cope on his own for too long. Definitely not Brian Murphy's finest hour.

Everyone was aware of Murtaghs ability.. but for some reason the management put the wrong man on him.
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 12:42 am

murof wrote:

On the money.. throw in the fact that Sherry had a viral infection and couldn't even talk let alone play a match.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 8:25 pm

A number of lads would have been invited in for training games. In other counties this is viewed as a huge opportunity but from what I heard and indeed some have posted it here too in a criticism of the actual policy of inviting lads in for such games (I can't get my head around that at all), some of them did not take the invitation up as they didn't think it was worth their while. Now lads are free to do what they want but I would have thought if you wanted to play county, you'd take up the chance to go in for a few hours and work your nuts off. Grand if you didn't and there are a few fit into that category.
Also, I can't imagine any manager extending such an invitation, having it rejected and thinking, 'Oh I must call back to that lad, he has everything we need here in terms of hunger and application.'
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 9:23 pm

any word on the backroom team ,no 2 , selectors etc ?
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 9:46 pm

Read about O'Connor in the locals this week. The bit that stood out for me was his personal drive to learn how to coach the tackle as Kerry Could not match Northern Counties in this area. If he could get our lads to get this area right we would improve overnight.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 10:16 pm

Rex wrote:
Read about O'Connor in the locals this week. The bit that stood out for me was his personal drive to learn how to coach the tackle as Kerry Could not match Northern Counties in this area. If he could get our lads to get this area right we would improve overnight.
on YouTube their few jack o Connor coaching videos their
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 10:38 pm

It's significantly harder for us to get certain players onboard than other counties because we have a financially doped county in our province – this might be one of our biggest challenges over the next few years.

If we were in Connacht for example, we'd be contenders every year.

Really, if we can't get the majority of the best players involved under a first class manager like O'Connor, we're f****d.

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 11:38 pm

Totally agree HG. If lads don't respond to joc we are fecked
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 7:34 am

Rex wrote:

Read about him in their locals Very Happy Hope he has time with the law suit!
Back to top Go down
JohnnyMarr
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 6:41 pm

Tommy Callaghan was on KFM yesterday and keeping the rumours he heard close to his chest regarding backroom team. Mentioned the likelyhood of an Ex Kerry player being involved as well as one Kildare man, if not two. JOC seen around the Newbridge area in the last few weeks which is hardly surprising either. All will be revealed shortly I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 9:01 pm

Declan o Sullivan
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 9:37 pm

Danny Healy Rae
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 10:48 pm

Hearing Cake Curran as psychologist with Bosco Ramsbottom on catering.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 10:54 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Hearing Cake Curran as psychologist with Bosco Ramsbottom on catering.
you need see other psychologist after listening to cake curren
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 11:24 pm

Heard support very mixed from clubs and likely Eire Óg will have casting vote.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 3:02 am

If the club delegates vote against O’Connor we may give up all together.
It’d be a total disgrace and a national embarrassment yet again from the old men in suits of Kildare GAA.
A lot of those left who go to the matches (dwindling by the year) would turn their backs on the team.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 3:37 am

Personally don't see it happening it, as ensuing backlash would make Newbridge Or Nowhere look like storm in teacup.

Then again, there were idiots who voted out McGeeney so you never know.

Certainly, if O'Connor is voted down, I won't be going to see the team next year, and neither will many others.

Last edited by HauntedGraffiti on Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager
Page 13 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next