Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare U-20’s

Go down 
+44
Thin Blue Line
jim
Gaa1928
Thelillywhites
NorthernLily89
Ontheterrace
gunnerman
Flamingo
Cassanata
moatesports
cuttothebone
Clubman
murof
LillieLad
KILL BILL
lilysavage
Badger85
Highball
TommyKeegan
shunta15
CillDara71
bite the pillow
Rex
Shergar
SouthernStar
Kildare98
FlourBag_1
Southern Gael
jj
Borderline
if_in_doubt
GoDownOnIt
seamymurphy
Caprea
steviegenius
topcat
Ohtoohtobe
jimmers
Curraghplains
4lillies
Anyonebutthedubs
Taibi
CILLDara 1998
SplitThePosts
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 12:56 am

I hope Brian Flanagan and the management just park the venue issue now. Time to concentrate on winning the All-Ireland Final. Thar's the most important thing at this point

Last edited by Southern Gael on Tue May 10, 2022 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Cilldara_2000 and NorthernLily89 like this post

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 1:04 am

Southern Gael wrote:
I hope Brian Flanagan and the management just park the venue issue now and just concentrate on winning the All-Ireland Final now. Thar's the most important thing at this point

I hope everyone parks it. We cant pick and choose venues just because it suits us. There are other factors, parties involved. If its not in Croke Park then it needs to be a neutral province. Neither team will have an advantage there. Carrick is a good sized ground for the crowd expected and a good town as well. Best of luck to the lads on Saturday.

Cilldara_2000, NorthernLily89 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 1:45 am

Last week there were people going Ape that the Seniors were fixed in Croker, no atmosphere etc.
This week it's an absolute disgrace that the U20's is not in Croker!!!! There's just no pleasing some people. Leitrim is 1/2 way for both teams. I hope it's in better condition than it was for the Mayo game, that said if not it will be bad for both teams. Cill Dara Abu

lilysavage and NorthernLily89 like this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 2:05 am

Its not about pleasing some people first of all the senior semi finals should not have been in croker but gaa have box tickets to accomodate. Now that Kildare were in croker it made sense for an all Ireland final to be there, instead of making Kildare families choose which night or trip to fund.Splitting the Kildare supporter base. All in well if you can afford both.
Now its time to move on from the venue discussion as previous poster mentioned.

lilysavage, Kildare98 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 2:22 am

Thelillywhites wrote:
Its not about pleasing some people first of all the senior semi finals should not have been in croker but gaa have box tickets to accomodate. Now that Kildare were in croker it made sense for an all Ireland final to be there, instead of making Kildare families choose which night or trip to fund.Splitting the Kildare supporter base. All in well if you can afford both.
Now its time to move on from the venue discussion as previous poster mentioned.

very fair point

lily4fr and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
Ontheterrace
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 4:11 am

shunta15 wrote:
Match fixed for carrick on Shannon at 5pm on sat.what an absolute joke
This is startling news.
Fixed in whose favour?
If in Tyrone's favour we'll be wasting our money.
It is a joke. Match fixing should never be done publicly.......startling indeed. I'm shocked.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 4:48 am

Ha, as I said, they don't give one seconds thought about supporters or even their own competitions. Treating it all with contempt.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 7:14 am

It’s a no brainer as to which match people should go to. Last week everybody was giving out about the Leinster council and the facilitation of the Dubs in Croker. Why would we go and put money into their pockets? By all accounts the ticket sales are poorer than expected so far. It’s going to be like a funeral.
Don’t go! Support the team in an All Ireland final. With all respect to the seniors, they won’t be in one this year.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 8:00 am

Dublin want provincial semi-final in Croke Park: GAA agrees.

Kildare want All Ireland final in Croke Park: GAA moves it to Leitrim.
Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 8:01 am

Well said Badger. We’ve only won one all Ireland at any level since 1965. We couldn’t go to matches the last 2 years and now we have a Kildare team in an All-Ireland final! These young men deserve all our support, they may never play a bigger game again in their lives. Let’s pack out Carrick on Shannon and hopefully we see an All-Ireland back in the county come Saturday evening. Up the lillies!!

Badger85, NorthernLily89 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 8:18 am

F*ck Croke Park. F*ck the Leinster Council. And f*ck the Dubs. I’m heading to Carrick! Who’s with me?

Cilldara_2000 and lilywhites on tour like this post

Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 8:50 am

Disgraceful language on this forum justs shows nobody in control of forum
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 6:24 pm

What a week for Kildare GAA ... If i was to choose between the two it would be Carrick for sure. Sick to my teeth of being a warm up double header to facilitate a Dublin match where the GAA can stick on a few extra euro to the cost. Sickening.

Its clear as day why its in HQ. Like there was just over 5000 at Kildare Louth... Kildare Westmeath would do well to get 8000 wherever it was held. A Portlaoise double header would have been more appealing.

As for the under 20s, they deserve our support this week end - Definitely not a spectacular couple of games but who cares, All ireland appearances are like hens teeth and with the roll that the seniors, minors, 20s and the schools are on, the buzz hasnt been as good as this since McGeeneys 2010 run.

Best ot luck Saturday, park the venue issue. Its the same for both crowds. Going in as underfdogs but i wouldnt back against us. Bring it home lads

lilywhites on tour, Badger85, Thelillywhites, NorthernLily89 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 9:08 pm

Okay, moving on from venue shit-show and looking at the bigger picture... ourselves and Tyrone both competing for our second underage All Ireland in 10 years. If we won, that would put us in an elite bracket with Kerry, Dublin, Mayo, Galway & Cork - the other counties with more than one.

Jaysus lads, if we won this & Leinster minor, you'd have to imagine that surely, SURELY, senior success is in the post - a consistent last four team as I keep pushing for.

Imagine also the surge we'd get going into a potential Leinster senior final v Dubs, a real sense we're the new kids and the block. Massive week.

Thelillywhites and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 11:53 pm

CILLDara 1998 wrote:
Disgraceful language on this forum  justs shows nobody in control of forum
Jesus....
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 1:27 am

Regardless of the occasional rant or name calling , i think this forum regulates itself fairly ok to be honest.. Theres not any alternative and I for one am glad its here !!

Thelillywhites likes this post

Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 6:22 am

Highball wrote:
Regardless of the occasional rant or name calling , i think this forum regulates itself fairly ok to be honest.. Theres not any alternative and I for one am glad its here !!
there other Kildare gaa group going around
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 6:04 pm

Send the link there and we can take a look at the alternative

Cilldara_2000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 7:43 pm

I can't get my head around this team at all.

On the one hand, obviously I'm absolutely thrilled they in an All Ireland final and that's a hell of an achievement; on the other I keep thinking of so many under-21 teams going back who seemed to me to be better and never won a game.

On the one hand, these guys need to be taken on their own merits and this as an achievement in its own right; on the other that if we are to be a serious side at senior then we need to be looking at this as who might make the step up which goes back to above.

Anyway, maybe I'm overthinking it. As for game, should have been out of sight after 10 minutes. If we're to win it we need to be taking far, far, far more chances of those created, especially as there'll be far fewer allowed. Also, defence was good, but won't have it as easy again.

Underdogs, but in an All Ireland final!
Back to top Go down
Thin Blue Line
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 6:05 pm

Best of luck to the lads tomorrow, massive acheivement for this group with plenty of talent, they have come through some scares and now have a massive chance for glory. Hopefully there will be a huge Kildare crowd in Carrick to kick off a great weekend for Kildare

bite the pillow and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 9:50 pm

We have the players to win tomorrow. If the lads give everything like they have been then that's all you can expect. Bring it home.

bite the pillow, Thelillywhites and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 2:34 am

As much as the Gaa should be ashamed of themselves asking families to fork out one night after the next and not putting the minors on too before what will hopefully be a Senior Leinster final apperance.
The heart is ruling the head and the bank account.😁
I think the under 20s deserve all the support  they can get and im going to make the trip. Not often we get there up the lillies bring the cup back to Kildare tomorrow night lads!! Best of luck!

bite the pillow likes this post

Back to top Go down
Micko 1998 army
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 7:53 am

Thelillywhites wrote:
As much as the Gaa should be ashamed of themselves asking families to fork out one night after the next and not putting the minors on too before what will hopefully be a Senior Leinster final apperance.
The heart is ruling the head and the bank account.😁
I think the under 20s deserve all the support  they can get and im going to make the trip. Not often we get there up the lillies bring the cup back to Kildare tomorrow night lads!! Best of luck!

2017 was last Leinster minor football final  played in Croke park. It’s was well knowing since 26 January 2022 that Leinster LGFA senior football final was on before Leinster Senior football final
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 7:57 am

I wasn't aware of the LGFA game thats fair enough. Best of luck to all the lillywhite teams exciting times
Back to top Go down
Ontheterrace
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 10:39 am

Best of luck. Up the Lilies,!

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare U-20’s
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next