Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare U-20’s

Go down 
+44
Thin Blue Line
jim
Gaa1928
Thelillywhites
NorthernLily89
Ontheterrace
gunnerman
Flamingo
Cassanata
moatesports
cuttothebone
Clubman
murof
LillieLad
KILL BILL
lilysavage
Badger85
Highball
TommyKeegan
shunta15
CillDara71
bite the pillow
Rex
Shergar
SouthernStar
Kildare98
FlourBag_1
Southern Gael
jj
Borderline
if_in_doubt
GoDownOnIt
seamymurphy
Caprea
steviegenius
topcat
Ohtoohtobe
jimmers
Curraghplains
4lillies
Anyonebutthedubs
Taibi
CILLDara 1998
SplitThePosts
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 5:59 am

Jesus Rex, it was a draw at half time wasn't it ? 😀

Well done to them. Hopefully they can win the final. Super goal to win it !
Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 6:16 am

Fantastic win for the young lillies! Goals win games and our 2 certainly won that for us. Excellent work from O’Donoghue to set up the 1st, and Browne should what a talent he is with the way he buried the 2nd. Thought Fanning had a super game. Roll on the Leinster final next Thursday.

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 6:23 am

Very proud of that performance. Flawed certainly, but a lot of the qualities you want to see in Kildare teams.

Meath are clearly having a systems failure when it comes to developing players for senior. Can’t say I care.

Really looking forward to all of next week, the build-up to U20 & senior games, the subplots & intrigue etc. Wouldn’t be amazing if we made a treble of Leinster final appearances this year.

As the man says, the season is young yet.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 6:25 am

Certainly don’t get anyway near the pleasure out of beating Offaly that I do beating Dublin, but in recent years I have come to enjoy it more due to how demented it drives Pat Nolan. Hope you enjoyed the AI champs getting schooled Pat boy!

Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 6:38 am

CillDara71 wrote:
Jesus Rex, it was a draw at half time wasn't it ? 😀

Well done to them. Hopefully they can win the final. Super goal to win it !

Going to be Dublin in the final - 4-10 to 0-12 against Meath after 52 minutes
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 7:11 am

Leinster Final v Dublin has been confirmed for next Thursday night (28th) at 7.30pm in Portlaoise.

Kildare98 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
shunta15
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 9:03 am

Great to see a kildare team that were heading out of this semi final grab the game by the scruff of the neck and turn it completely around.players stood up all over the pitch in the last 20 mins and probably won a game they should have lost

Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 6:36 pm

Well done on winning the semi final but pardon me if I don't get excited about getting to a leinster final after beating Laois and Offally! If they can win the final it's cause for congratulations but we need to cool the jets for the moment now lads.... don't let the Kildare mania set in
Back to top Go down
shunta15
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 8:31 pm

Dont think there is anyone getting carried away but they did beat the all ireland champions.to my knowledge they don't have anyone on the senior panel which is probably a big help to the management.i hope there is a bigger kildare crowd for the final because we were badly outnumbered last night

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 8:34 pm

Great watch and God bless TG4. The service they provide is outrageously good when you consider the budget.

Thought a decent team did really well to drag that back in the second-half and not let it get away down the stretch. Number 12 looks a class act and so comfortable on the ball as well as ability to shoot off either side if I saw it right, and thought the keeper's kickouts were really good. Nice bit of cynicism towards the end as well when needed, and that was far from a poor Offaly team with a superb free-taker.

Dublin will be a big step up, but we all know that. Long shot but nice to have any shot come final time!

Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 8:39 pm

shunta15 wrote:
Dont think there is anyone getting carried away  but they did beat the all ireland champions.to my knowledge they don't have anyone on the senior panel which is probably a big help to the  management.i hope there is a bigger kildare crowd for the final because we were badly outnumbered last night

the majority of starting team were minors in 2020

Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 10:01 pm

Talk of non existent Kildare mania again - so very predictable 😀
Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 10:13 pm

Tommy, number 12 is Adam Fanning from Clane - he's a really good player.

TommyKeegan likes this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 10:23 pm

CillDara71 wrote:
Tommy, number 12 is Adam Fanning from Clane - he's a really good player.

Ah was wondering that. Yeah, early days in his career but looks to have the potential to be a real quarter-back play-maker from the half-forward line. As I say, who knows what happens a lad at that age, but here's hoping as has plenty of the tools and can kick a score as well.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 11:54 pm

Shergar wrote:
there's a serious chance of an all-ireland final spot if they get through this.

FYI Cilldara71 in case you missed this, forgive me for advising against the mania setting in when some people are talking about All Ireland finals before a leinster semi against Offaly!!!

Why don't you police and dislike this type of toxic hype instead of my comments?

Delighted to see the lads win and also delighted that the management team are a group of relatively young ex players cutting their teeth and getting it right. The other aspect of this that I'm delighted about is the profile of the clubs represented on this panel - Kilcullen, Suncroft, Caragh x2, Sallins x2, Allenwood, and Cloghs as well as the usual suspects. Credit to management for their selection policy, doesn't look like any senior / traditional club bias.

Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 12:17 am

I did miss that to be fair....but one comment hardly counts as mania to me. You just (to me anyway) always seem to latch one comment & reference it as if it's the general consensus & everyone's getting carried away.
But sure no harm, you love your little 'Kildare mania' rants - I like them too, always amuses me 😀
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 12:46 am

I think you'll find that if you read my comment again, this time without already having your mind made up as to what I'm saying before you read it, you'll find that I was advising against mania setting in rather than suggessting it had already raised its ugly head.

Mania is a psychological condition that causes a person to experience unreasonable euphoria and delusions. I think most people inside and outside the county will ackonwledge that we in Kildare have been guilty of our fair share of mania over the years. You may choose to ignore this obvious collective trait and instead continue to stare at the content that appears on your computer screen while getting aroused, sorry amused, oblivious to the real world around you!

Happy browsing Cilldara71!!
Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 1:19 am

Another attempt to aim a sexual reference at me ? That's just weird. At least you didn't accuse me of being a paedophile this time - i guess that's progress of a sort.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend. Genuinely not looking for a row, I do (mostly) enjoy your 'permanently looking for something to be outraged about' persona on here.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 2:49 am

You really do just interpret my comments whatever way you like don't you!! That alter boy comment I made (not paedophile as you have turned it into) must have really triggered you, I'd say it drove you mad and you still can't let it go for whatever reason.

Why did it get to you so much?
Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 3:12 am

You know, I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt, that you just lash out when you are called out but are probably decent underneath ....but I'm done. Just not going to engage with you any more. Life's too short.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 4:45 am

CillDara71 wrote:
You know, I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt, that you just lash out when you are called out but are probably decent underneath ....but I'm done. Just not going to engage with you any more. Life's too short.

Finally! Thank god for that! Can I just check if you're going to be dislikeing my posts anymore??
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 6:28 pm

Ah lads, leave it out.

Best of luck this week to the under 20s... Getting to the final the way they have and beating the defending champs in their backyard takes a serious amount of character.

Nothing to lose this Thursday night. As Tommy said nice to have any shot at it. Stranger things have happened. Browne is some talent.

Good luck to all !
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 6:47 pm

Is it on the box?
Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 11:13 pm

Don’t think the game is being televised. However TG4 might stream it live on their YouTube channel. Best of luck to the lads Thursday night. There is an abundance of talent in the squad, hopefully a big crowd travels down to Portlaoise.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 7:39 am

Anyone know if u-16s are free in tomorrow night? No kids tickets available to buy from what I can see. Surely it's not €15 for kids too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare U-20’s
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next